Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,823 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

Without Subsidy Petrol Will Cost ₦462/litre, Says NNPCL - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Without Subsidy Petrol Will Cost ₦462/litre, Says NNPCL (18098 Views)

Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC / Subsidy: Petrol Hits N1,200 Per Litre In Ebonyi / FACTCHECK: One Litre Of Fuel In Nigeria To Cost N462 Without Subsidy? Unlikely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Without Subsidy Petrol Will Cost ₦462/litre, Says NNPCL by FireUpNow(m): 5:58pm On Sep 04, 2022
They should just tell us that their target is to raise the fuel pump price to that amount. I just dey laugh those that supported APC and change, right now bobo Yelini. Is coming. Na die
Re: Without Subsidy Petrol Will Cost ₦462/litre, Says NNPCL by Edopesin: 5:58pm On Sep 04, 2022
SpecialAdviser:
No coherent answer yet comerade. Just some blah blah blah yen yen yen
I thought as much

1 Like

Re: Without Subsidy Petrol Will Cost ₦462/litre, Says NNPCL by dogmart(m): 5:59pm On Sep 04, 2022
CheapHomes1:

What has it got to do with govts insincerity?

Govt insincerity is a constant factor. Your petrol price is subject to inflation. Whether they remove subsidy or not.
Re: Without Subsidy Petrol Will Cost ₦462/litre, Says NNPCL by Invest4growth: 6:01pm On Sep 04, 2022
Too much corruption in.tze system. Why is subsidy in the first instance?? Some people will just not want the refineries to work. They are Nigerians. God gave us crude oil. Now we go to another country to import refined products because some few individuals are milking profiting from the process. It is a shame!

2 Likes

Re: Without Subsidy Petrol Will Cost ₦462/litre, Says NNPCL by Biodun556(m): 6:03pm On Sep 04, 2022
harizonal123:
Why can't we make our refineries work instead of importation. Saboteurs everywhere

The refineries we start working next year, they are indirectly telling us that if the refineries start working fuel price will not come down below 250 or 200. They are saying this for Nigerians to appreciate them instead of insulting them by the time the subsidy is totally removed

1 Like

Re: Without Subsidy Petrol Will Cost ₦462/litre, Says NNPCL by grandstar(m): 6:12pm On Sep 04, 2022
Rubbish

The price quoted is based on the official exchange rate which is also subsidized. If prices of both the Naira and petrol were both market reflective, the price of petrol would around ₦600/litre.

2 Likes

Re: Without Subsidy Petrol Will Cost ₦462/litre, Says NNPCL by funshint(m): 6:17pm On Sep 04, 2022
Dem just carry Hausa full this NNPC....one of the most useless companies in the world.
Re: Without Subsidy Petrol Will Cost ₦462/litre, Says NNPCL by Ventura1: 6:20pm On Sep 04, 2022
The problem is lack of effective communication between the government and the citizens.
Re: Without Subsidy Petrol Will Cost ₦462/litre, Says NNPCL by OSUigboFlatHead(f): 6:21pm On Sep 04, 2022
BLOODY LIARS

FOOLS

WOE BETIDE YOU ALL.
Re: Without Subsidy Petrol Will Cost ₦462/litre, Says NNPCL by Sonoyom(m): 6:22pm On Sep 04, 2022
Kasssandra:

Because most Nigerians oppose subsidy removal...and that includes a lot of GEJ supporters. Only a tiny minority of Nigerians support subsidy removal.

That is why no Nigerian leader has removed subsidy totally...and what GEJ did was a partial removal.
Jonathan removed subsidy completely on January 1st 2012, it was after the protests that it was reintroduced and the price of fuel was raised to 97 naira.
Re: Without Subsidy Petrol Will Cost ₦462/litre, Says NNPCL by rusher14: 6:25pm On Sep 04, 2022
SaturnNick:
Lies

How much would it be?
Re: Without Subsidy Petrol Will Cost ₦462/litre, Says NNPCL by rusher14: 6:26pm On Sep 04, 2022
grandstar:
Rubbish

The price quoted is based on the official exchange rate which is also subsidized. If prices of both the Naira and petrol were both market reflective, the price of petrol would around ₦600/litre.

And the rubbish is?
Re: Without Subsidy Petrol Will Cost ₦462/litre, Says NNPCL by PhantomProbe(m): 6:30pm On Sep 04, 2022
treesun:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/09/without-subsidy-petrol-ll-cost-n462-ltr-says-nnpcl/
The nnpc has outlived its usefulness, it should be closed down. The wage bill for such a redundant corporation would go a long way to help the nation do other things to help cushion the effects of the 'subsidy' removal if at all.

1 Like

Re: Without Subsidy Petrol Will Cost ₦462/litre, Says NNPCL by sparko1(m): 6:32pm On Sep 04, 2022
August 2022, the total volume of Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) imported into the country was 16.46 billion litres, which translates to an average supply of 68 million litres per day.

also disclosed that import in the year 2021 was 22.35 billion litres, which translated to an average supply of 61 million litres per day

Who did this calculation 16.46 billion litres equal 68 million litres per day

22.35 billion equal 61 million litres per day.

1 Like

Re: Without Subsidy Petrol Will Cost ₦462/litre, Says NNPCL by akinade28(f): 6:33pm On Sep 04, 2022
Kasssandra:
Yes, and without subsidy

1.There won't be massive smuggling of fuel across the borders

2.There won't be looting in the name of 'subsidy claims' and 'inflated figures for fuel'

3.There would be savings of at least 6 trillion naira per annum...immediately

4.There would be more investment in domestic refining...so that Dangote won't hog all the glory and money, and have competiton...apart from his pal BUA.

5.There would be free flow of high quality fuel.

6.Our forex inflows will rise, and the naira would get stronger...since we are no longer wasting money on subsidy

7.NNPC would be a proper private company, not a government dumpyard for 'federal character' candidates.

8. Our economy won't get better...but it would not be awful as it is.

Subsidy has to go. No buts. No ifs..it has to go.

Yes, we will pay nearly N500 for fuel, but we would not be wasting money anymore.

If you like, quote me to abuse me, to yell at me, to shout at me....truth is truth. If you like scream about how Nigerians will suffer...as if we are not suffering from losing trillions of naira to subsidy cabal, and from budget deficit that affects the poor more.

See why subsidy should go?
Yes, you are right but buying fuel at 500 hundred naira will impact the cost of transportation, which will inturn impact the cost of basic goods and services. Do the government have any plans to cushion this effect?

1 Like

Re: Without Subsidy Petrol Will Cost ₦462/litre, Says NNPCL by rusher14: 6:36pm On Sep 04, 2022
FireUpNow:
They should just tell us that their target is to raise the fuel pump price to that amount. I just dey laugh those that supported APC and change, right now bobo Yelini. Is coming. Na die

Nobody in this world can get the price of petrol to less than the international market price.
Re: Without Subsidy Petrol Will Cost ₦462/litre, Says NNPCL by mansoor093(m): 6:39pm On Sep 04, 2022
Thiskord:
Well... Problem everywhere

Hit me up to buy or sell your Crypto n giftcards.. my rates are good

Also a new method to make money on Amazon just presented itself. Make as much as $20-$40 daily for free. All u need is a Facebook account. Contact me on telegram n I'll put you through the process for free.

Hit me up on telegram @thiskord

I will email you bro
Re: Without Subsidy Petrol Will Cost ₦462/litre, Says NNPCL by CheapHomes1: 6:44pm On Sep 04, 2022
dogmart:

Govt insincerity is a constant factor. Your petrol price is subject to inflation. Whether they remove subsidy or not.

What has inflation and cost of production got to do with govts insincerity?
Re: Without Subsidy Petrol Will Cost ₦462/litre, Says NNPCL by bewla(m): 6:46pm On Sep 04, 2022
Kasssandra:
Yes, and without subsidy

1.There won't be massive smuggling of fuel across the borders

2.There won't be looting in the name of 'subsidy claims' and 'inflated figures for fuel'

3.There would be savings of at least 6 trillion naira per annum...immediately

4.There would be more investment in domestic refining...so that Dangote won't hog all the glory and money, and have competiton...apart from his pal BUA.

5.There would be free flow of high quality fuel.

6.Our forex inflows will rise, and the naira would get stronger...since we are no longer wasting money on subsidy

7.NNPC would be a proper private company, not a government dumpyard for 'federal character' candidates.

8. Our economy won't get better...but it would not be awful as it is.

Subsidy has to go. No buts. No ifs..it has to go.

Yes, we will pay nearly N500 for fuel, but we would not be wasting money anymore.

If you like, quote me to abuse me, to yell at me, to shout at me....truth is truth. If you like scream about how Nigerians will suffer...as if we are not suffering from losing trillions of naira to subsidy cabal, and from budget deficit that affects the poor more.

See why subsidy should go?
The only wise person here be you gbo sa gbo sa

Say it as it is

1 Like

Re: Without Subsidy Petrol Will Cost ₦462/litre, Says NNPCL by Tunjibalogun: 6:47pm On Sep 04, 2022
jimetagambo:
Remove it. A few protest here and there, and everybody will be alright.
They will remove it and steal it. Don't think they will use it to work for you
Re: Without Subsidy Petrol Will Cost ₦462/litre, Says NNPCL by Ebubu: 6:52pm On Sep 04, 2022
Biodun556:

The refineries we start working next year, they are indirectly telling us that if the refineries start working fuel price will not come down below 250 or 200. They are saying this for Nigerians to appreciate them instead of insulting them by the time the subsidy is totally removed

So even with dangote refinery functioning and subsidy removed. Fuel will still be N500 ?

That’s still high.

Why can’t it be 250 with an internal refinery ?
Re: Without Subsidy Petrol Will Cost ₦462/litre, Says NNPCL by Shigabs(m): 6:55pm On Sep 04, 2022
Appdriod:
They fooled me into discrediting GEJ because of this matter.
They sold Buhari to me, I had high hopes for change, I was fooled again.
Now
They said it is their turn.

I may not allow them to fool me again. Will you allow them?

It is the turn of Nigerians.
thank you sir, you just told my story.
Re: Without Subsidy Petrol Will Cost ₦462/litre, Says NNPCL by einsteine(m): 6:59pm On Sep 04, 2022
Remove the subsidy and allow people to import fuel (with usd sourced autonomously).
Re: Without Subsidy Petrol Will Cost ₦462/litre, Says NNPCL by einsteine(m): 7:03pm On Sep 04, 2022
Ebubu:

So even with dangote refinery functioning and subsidy removed. Fuel will still be N500 ?

That’s still high.

Why can’t it be 250 with an internal refinery ?

What's the price of fuel in the US, Germany or South Korea?

Internal refineries don't change the price of fuel. People are being sold a lie that Dangote Refinery would reduce the price of fuel. Any decrease would be marginal. The only difference is that there may be no need to utilise forex for importation (at the same time, forex gained from crude oil sales may reduce since Dangote won't be paying for crude oil in dollars).

1 Like

Re: Without Subsidy Petrol Will Cost ₦462/litre, Says NNPCL by uche393: 7:09pm On Sep 04, 2022
it should be removed but not in a hurry, if our economy and exchange rate is ok we won't feel it because it will be sold at international price.
Re: Without Subsidy Petrol Will Cost ₦462/litre, Says NNPCL by pongwa(m): 7:11pm On Sep 04, 2022
Re: Without Subsidy Petrol Will Cost ₦462/litre, Says NNPCL by Kaymaxine(m): 7:16pm On Sep 04, 2022
But I tot buhari said subsidy na scam
Re: Without Subsidy Petrol Will Cost ₦462/litre, Says NNPCL by okechuks22: 7:18pm On Sep 04, 2022
sleek214:

If removed, you'll be the 1st one to shout, abuse, curse. Bunch of ungrateful ipob Obidient clowns
Akuya una just dey suffer dey smile
Re: Without Subsidy Petrol Will Cost ₦462/litre, Says NNPCL by xukwaa: 7:20pm On Sep 04, 2022
Please remove subsidy already so that we can actually justify the high price of goods by sellers in the market!
Re: Without Subsidy Petrol Will Cost ₦462/litre, Says NNPCL by YeePeyHaa: 7:34pm On Sep 04, 2022
I saw something here posted by someone here on Nairaland

And it is very very hogus and bogus

The guy opined that all the people in charge of our petroleum sector are Hausa Fulani guys even Buhari himself is the minister of petroleum,
And everyone is asking that who are those stealing the crude oil, nnPc chairman mele kyari is Fulani also

Chai it is well?

Why did we vote for Buhari?
Re: Without Subsidy Petrol Will Cost ₦462/litre, Says NNPCL by ufotunang: 7:36pm On Sep 04, 2022
If you had built refineries or repair the other existing refineries all this issues of fuel subsidy will not arise....and fuel , disel , kerosene, gas would had been more cheaper

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

ADC Expels Dumebi Kachikwu, Presidential Candidate, Over ‘anti-party Activities’ / ANAP: Deji Accuses Poll Organiser Of Having Links With Obi / Plateau: Assailants Attack Another Community In Bokkos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.