Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,597 members, 7,812,956 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:42 PM

How Is Osinbajo Not APC Candidate? Nigerians React To His Visit To US, VP Harris - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Is Osinbajo Not APC Candidate? Nigerians React To His Visit To US, VP Harris (1539 Views)

Video Of People Paid To Attend A Rally Was Not APC But A LP Bus (Picture) / Whose Mandate Is Osinbajo Standing On? Tinubu Or Buhari? / 2023: White Witches Urge Osinbajo Not To Join Presidential Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Is Osinbajo Not APC Candidate? Nigerians React To His Visit To US, VP Harris by TheRareGem1(f): 6:18pm On Sep 04, 2022
[/b]How is Osinbajo not APC candidate? Nigerians react to Osinbajo’s visit to US, meeting with Harris[b]

More Nigerians have taken to social media to laud the recent visit of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo to the United States, questioning how he didn’t emerge the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress.

Reacting to trail the high powered bilateral meeting between Prof. Osinbajo and his US counterpart, Vice President Kamala Harris, popular Nollywood actor, Walter Anga opined that the leadership Osinbajo provides is one the highlight of the Buhari administration.

“This past 7 years of Buhari would have been better if Osinbajo was the person travelling and meeting with other world leaders. But the cabals no gree the man see road.”

Responding to his post, some of his followers agreed with his claim. @Amoo_kay wrote: “if this guy was APC candidate, I don’t think we’ll have a problem now.” In a similar vein, @binee2gee2 wrote: “They chose Tinubu over this man and it amazes me. Captain Nigeria!”

Another user @arikray1 wrote: “See representation. What were we thinking in 2015 and 2019. Affliction shall rise no more.”

@DJ x-ray shared similar sentiment. “APC had a smart card to play with this man and win 2023 but rather went for Agbado and beans.”

For @bmtogb4, Osinbajo tick all the boxes “If not for godfatherism, how is this person not a presidential candidate, instead of the other one, it’s really sad. A man as eloquent, intelligent, smart and healthy as this…”

@jaybee2jaybee wrote: “Is this not how a President should look and speak. Very eloquent.”

@oyinfabulousity summed up Osinbajo’s representation of Nigeria in the US as “Intelligent and very articulate.”

The Vice President is leading Nigeria’s Energy Transition Implementation Working Group (ETWG) and had gone to the White House to promote the plan and secure global support from the US government, and also the private sector, and other worthy partners.

The World Bank and Sun Africa, a renewable energy organization had pledged $1.5 billion each, totalling $3 billion investment to support the implementation of the Transition Plan.

https://www.chronicle.ng/2022/09/04/how-is-osinbajo-not-apc-candidate-nigerians-react-to-osinbajos-visit-to-us-meeting-with-harris/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Is Osinbajo Not APC Candidate? Nigerians React To His Visit To US, VP Harris by TheRareGem1(f): 6:19pm On Sep 04, 2022
E go soon clear for eyes
Re: How Is Osinbajo Not APC Candidate? Nigerians React To His Visit To US, VP Harris by Oladelesp: 6:21pm On Sep 04, 2022
There is only one Yemi Osinbajo, Nigeria �� miss this guy for 2023, Omo

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Is Osinbajo Not APC Candidate? Nigerians React To His Visit To US, VP Harris by Racoon(m): 6:21pm On Sep 04, 2022
"Muhammadu Buhari, Yemi Osinbajo, and Bola Tinubu represent a triumvirate. They reinforce, reflect, and inflect each other. Both Tinubu and Osinbajo have been important props to Buhari’s ongoing disastrous regime of ungovernance. Without them, Buhari won’t be president. 

They also helped plant, grow, and fertilize Buhari’s autocracy and monstrous incompetence every damn step of the way. In other words, Buhari, Osinbajo, and Tinubu are tarred with the same brush.

People who are picking favorites among these monsters of deceit and fraud are not only clueless, they are also enablers of Nigeria’s progressive descent to the nadir of hopelessness."
"Tinubu, Osinbajo, Buhari: A Troika of Treacherous Villains"
https://www.farooqkperogi.com/2022/01/tinubu-osinbajo-buhari-troika-of.html?m=1

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Is Osinbajo Not APC Candidate? Nigerians React To His Visit To US, VP Harris by Joylove2324(f): 6:21pm On Sep 04, 2022
Re: How Is Osinbajo Not APC Candidate? Nigerians React To His Visit To US, VP Harris by Shooyie: 6:22pm On Sep 04, 2022
This should have been the APC Presidential flag bearer.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Is Osinbajo Not APC Candidate? Nigerians React To His Visit To US, VP Harris by johnmartus(m): 6:26pm On Sep 04, 2022
Those people there are the foolish ones. They have eyes but they can't see they have brain yet they can't reason like human being illiterate.

Osinbajo self can't exonerate himself from this Buhari maladministration.

4 Likes

Re: How Is Osinbajo Not APC Candidate? Nigerians React To His Visit To US, VP Harris by Massiveglory: 6:27pm On Sep 04, 2022
Pablo Escobat used his ill gotten bullion van to blind the conscience of the delegates

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Is Osinbajo Not APC Candidate? Nigerians React To His Visit To US, VP Harris by God1000(m): 6:29pm On Sep 04, 2022
APC made a big mistake

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Is Osinbajo Not APC Candidate? Nigerians React To His Visit To US, VP Harris by Pandev(m): 6:29pm On Sep 04, 2022
TheRareGem1, you need to get over the primary election loss. Prof contested and lost, it is not that the election was rig.

1 Like

Re: How Is Osinbajo Not APC Candidate? Nigerians React To His Visit To US, VP Harris by Zeemam: 6:33pm On Sep 04, 2022
The best VP ever liveth
Re: How Is Osinbajo Not APC Candidate? Nigerians React To His Visit To US, VP Harris by DeLaRue: 6:34pm On Sep 04, 2022
Well, he lost at the primary. His own party representatives didn't want him.

That's democracy.
Re: How Is Osinbajo Not APC Candidate? Nigerians React To His Visit To US, VP Harris by TheRareGem1(f): 6:34pm On Sep 04, 2022
Pandev:
TheRareGem1, you need to get over the primary election loss. Prof contested and lost, it is not that the election was rig.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: How Is Osinbajo Not APC Candidate? Nigerians React To His Visit To US, VP Harris by SlavaUkraini: 6:35pm On Sep 04, 2022
Because the APC delegates are very stupid...

Even after they were warned that the Notorious Drug Baron would present a Muslim Muslim Ticket... (Which the Tinubu campaign denied was going to happen)

The APC delegates still went ahead and voted for the Sick Weak Drug Baron that greased their palms with the dollars he got from his illicit drug smuggling activities.
Re: How Is Osinbajo Not APC Candidate? Nigerians React To His Visit To US, VP Harris by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 04, 2022
SlavaUkraini:
Because the APC delegates are very stupid...

SlavaUkraini please calm down, though you are right grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Is Osinbajo Not APC Candidate? Nigerians React To His Visit To US, VP Harris by teeytimi: 6:40pm On Sep 04, 2022
This single act will cost APC the presidency in 2023. Mark my world

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Is Osinbajo Not APC Candidate? Nigerians React To His Visit To US, VP Harris by Softmirror: 6:42pm On Sep 04, 2022
grin

grin

"Ashiwaju also pioneered merit in cabinet appointments in particular. I want to emphasize this because a major draw back we have, as a nation, is the way we are blindsided into thinking that we can avoid merit and expect to achieve great things. We simply cannot avoid merit.

Ashiwaju demonstrated in the years when he was governor, that political appointments, especially cabinet appointments, should be based on merit. He looked for those that he considered the best possible material at the time regardless of where they were from.

For the first time in the history of Lagos State, we had cabinet members from other parts of the country, beginning with other parts of the Southwest. Rauf Aregbesola from Osun State, I from Ogun State, Arthur Worrey from Delta, Lai Mohammed from Kwara State, Dele Alake from Ekiti State, Ben Akabueze from Anambra State.

We also had the appointments of Judges from all over the country; Justice Onyeabo and Justice Sybil Nwaka were appointed Judges of Lagos State. There is no other State elsewhere in the country except in some places in the North, where we have seen the appointment of individuals from other States. Picking people for positions no matter what part of the country they are from is an important part of our story as a country. Every once in a while, I think that history gives us one or two persons who are gifted transformative leaders. I believe that our country has been gifted with this transformative leader, Ashiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. I believe very strongly that this man’s political trajectory has only just begun. He is a man who has tremendous giftings and God has great plans ahead for him.

I pray for you, Ashiwaju, that as your days so shall your strength, wisdom and favour be in Jesus Mighty name, amen!" PROF YEMI OSINBAJO.

After watching the video below. Nigerians should be glad to have voted the BEST MAN according to Osinbanjo's own remarks about ASIWAJU AHMED TINUBU. It's sad how Osinbanjo got carried away from the REALITY he himself confessed about TINUBU. Watch the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7YS7n520nc

FOOD FOR THOUGHT

1 Like

Re: How Is Osinbajo Not APC Candidate? Nigerians React To His Visit To US, VP Harris by adefitim(m): 6:42pm On Sep 04, 2022
These people no sabi politics...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Is Osinbajo Not APC Candidate? Nigerians React To His Visit To US, VP Harris by Treasure17(m): 6:45pm On Sep 04, 2022
Their politics is not about how competent you are but on how well you can throw money around.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Is Osinbajo Not APC Candidate? Nigerians React To His Visit To US, VP Harris by Temmy1997(f): 6:46pm On Sep 04, 2022
Osinbajo is the best deal �
Re: How Is Osinbajo Not APC Candidate? Nigerians React To His Visit To US, VP Harris by Pandev(m): 6:48pm On Sep 04, 2022
TheRareGem1:

God bless Nigeria.
amen
Re: How Is Osinbajo Not APC Candidate? Nigerians React To His Visit To US, VP Harris by Charleys: 6:52pm On Sep 04, 2022
The yorubas love sophisticated tinubu.
Re: How Is Osinbajo Not APC Candidate? Nigerians React To His Visit To US, VP Harris by seunmsg(m): 6:58pm On Sep 04, 2022
He’s not APC’s candidate because he lost the presidential primary of the party. Party members across the country voted for Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu as the candidate of the party in a free, fair and credible primary election. That’s how democracy works and not the nonsense some of you are saying.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Is Osinbajo Not APC Candidate? Nigerians React To His Visit To US, VP Harris by gozmok1(m): 7:01pm On Sep 04, 2022
APC Will regret

inshallahu
Re: How Is Osinbajo Not APC Candidate? Nigerians React To His Visit To US, VP Harris by rusher14: 7:03pm On Sep 04, 2022
You think Democracy is about getting everyone tp step down for you.
Re: How Is Osinbajo Not APC Candidate? Nigerians React To His Visit To US, VP Harris by Davindal(m): 7:34pm On Sep 04, 2022
APC really Bleep up. Instead of them to present us this perfect gentle man as their party's presidential flag bearer, they decided to present Nigerians a drug lord. A criminal of the highest order whose real identity is not fully known.

If that evil party had presented this academic colossus - Pro. Yemi Osibanjo, I would have been the happiest Nigerian youth.

I watched it live on CNN. I cried watching the classy representation by our able able Pro. Yemi Osibanjo. He was so fluent, eloquent, and composed. In addition, he exuded great charisma and I was like...what did we do wrong not to have this man on the ballot come 2023. Hence, my shedding of tears.

As for PDP, they again presented Nigerians with a crooked called Atiku Abubakar who used our billions to buy properties in Dubai and other choice locations around the world. God forbid an Athiefiku, and a Tinubu to be our President!!!

Just imagine having Prof. Yemi Osibanjo, and HE. Gov. Peter Obi as standard presidential flag bearers of the 2 leading political parties in Nigeria. I would have been very happy and be celebrating already because I know that either way the pendulum swings, our country would be changed positively for good.

Now, I have concluded that those idiots that are in APC & PDP don't want Nigeria to grow. But they will fail in their moves to maintain the statusquo.

I blame Osibanjo for not jumping ship. Nigerian youths would have been confused with regards to who to support between Obi and Yemi.

God bless Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: How Is Osinbajo Not APC Candidate? Nigerians React To His Visit To US, VP Harris by omoharry(f): 8:20pm On Sep 04, 2022
Shooyie:
This should have been the APC Presidential flag bearer.
Don't mind all those Agbado and corn supporters .
Re: How Is Osinbajo Not APC Candidate? Nigerians React To His Visit To US, VP Harris by LegendHero(m): 8:27pm On Sep 04, 2022
Osinbajo do not have Asiwaju credentials in politics and governance.

Na only someone wthout deep politcal knowledge and strategy that will think Osinbajo is better than Tinubu.

Prof. Osinbajo is a very solid man too but I will choose Asiwaju over him every time.
Re: How Is Osinbajo Not APC Candidate? Nigerians React To His Visit To US, VP Harris by NwaMamaIwota(f): 8:30pm On Sep 04, 2022
Why Tinubu and not Osibanjo?

during the primaries alot of people especially Yorubas where rooting for both individuals.
at a point it entered into a dirty game with Tinubu supporters started attacking Osibanjo viciously and his personality.
they even tried to bully Osibanjo in stepping down.
at the end of the day Tinubu won the primaries.
but the question here is why did Tinubu supporters choose Tinubu ahead of Osibanjo and what was their criteria.
Elections are meant to elect competent leaders so let's analyze Osibanjo and Tinubu head to head.

Education: A professor of law VS A controversial degree holder
Personality: You can hardly trace a brazen corruption or dent image back to Osinbajo, but Tinubu's case is different (you know what I mean)
Experience: An 8 years VP vs a former governor.
Osibanjo clearly have more administrative experience here to head an office of president.

Competency: Even tho Osibanjo is serving in the worst government in the history of mankind but few times Osinbajo headed some things it has proven to be the best. for example, the N-power headed by Osinbajo in 2016 still remains the best social program from the government in the history of this country, everything was perfect, from selection to timely payments and incentives.
so I strongly believe that Osinbajo can make difference with power at his disposal.

controversy: there's little or no controversy around Osinbajo but you can't say such of Tinubu.

Ability to win elections : Thanks to our new Electoral laws which diminished rigging to the minimum and increased the power of electorate who will now choose their leader with little or no fear of being rigged by politicians.
Osinbajo stands a better chance of winning elections then Tinubu from those points written above.
a typical example is Osun state which has fallen to the people's choice and has broken record of being governed by opposition since democracy.
Rigging is now old school with vote buying the only option left for politicians.
on a very good day an average Nigerian will pick Osinbajo ahead of Tinubu.

in conclusion I want to ask Tinubu supporters especially from South West to give us a valid reason why they chose Tinubu over Osinbajo.
Re: How Is Osinbajo Not APC Candidate? Nigerians React To His Visit To US, VP Harris by omoharry(f): 8:33pm On Sep 04, 2022
Davindal:
APC really Bleep up. Instead of them to present us this perfect gentle man as their party's presidential flag bearer, they decided to present Nigerians a drug lord. A criminal of the highest order whose real identity is not fully known.

If that evil party had presented this academic colossus - Pro. Yemi Osibanjo, I would have been the happiest Nigerian youth.

I watched it live on CNN. I cried watching the classy representation by our able able Pro. Yemi Osibanjo. He was so fluent, eloquent, and composed. In addition, he exuded great charisma and I was like...what did we do wrong not to have this man on the ballot come 2023. Hence, my shedding of tears.

As for PDP, they again presented Nigerians with a crooked called Atiku Abubakar who used our billions to buy properties in Dubai and other choice locations around the world. God forbid an Athiefiku, and a Tinubu to be our President!!!

Just imagine having Prof. Yemi Osibanjo, and HE. Gov. Peter Obi as standard presidential flag bearers of the 2 leading political parties in Nigeria. I would have been very happy and be celebrating already because I know that either way the pendulum swings, our country would be changed positively for good.

Now, I have concluded that those idiots that are in APC & PDP don't want Nigeria to grow. But they will fail in their moves to maintain the statusquo.

I blame Osibanjo for not jumping ship. Nigerian youths would have been confused with regards to who to support between Obi and Yemi.

God bless Nigeria.
You just said my mind...I hate APC has a party becos of the people it has as leaders. But, I would have supported an Osibanjo if he had been given the opportunity to be APC presidential candidate.. You can imagine an Osibanjo representing APC & Obi representing PDP. How wonderful and tight the election would have been!. It would have been a clash btw two intellectual titans. Ooo Nigeria! where have we gone wrong to merit such recycled old sick and morally corrupt men that just refuse to die and let us be . Terrible old men with questionable characters that are using thier ill gotten wealth to buy themselves into power over those that are younger and fit with sound mind. Why can't we have a clean system where young and able bodied intellectuals given the opportunity to vie for these positions..people that are capable to lead Nigeria well ? Maybe we are just doomed to always vote In old sick and corrupt leaders for life . Sometimes I wonder if I will ever see a functioning Nigeria in my life time .
Re: How Is Osinbajo Not APC Candidate? Nigerians React To His Visit To US, VP Harris by obaaderemi: 8:38pm On Sep 04, 2022
And you think osinbajo is not part of Nigeria's problems? Was he not part and parcel of Buhari and Tinubu's campaign of lies in 2015? Has he not been part of Buhari's misrule? He got eaten up by the same system that peoduced him.
Re: How Is Osinbajo Not APC Candidate? Nigerians React To His Visit To US, VP Harris by obaaderemi: 8:44pm On Sep 04, 2022
LegendHero:
Osinbajo do not have Asiwaju credentials in politics and governance.

Na only someone wthout deep politcal knowledge and strategy that will think Osinbajo is better than Tinubu.

Prof. Osinbajo is a very solid man too but I will choose Asiwaju over him every time.
NwaMamaIwota,
Someone seems to have answered your question here. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: Policemen Feared Killed As Gunmen Attack Ifeanyi Ubah’s Convoy (Video) / Threat To Peter Obi: Festus Keyamo Was Arrested Over Bola Ige's Murder! / Peter Obi Visits Och'Idoma In Benue (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.