Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,433 members, 7,830,181 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

How Is Osinbajo Not APC Candidate? Nigerians React To His Visit To US, VP Harris - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Is Osinbajo Not APC Candidate? Nigerians React To His Visit To US, VP Harris (1548 Views)

Video Of People Paid To Attend A Rally Was Not APC But A LP Bus (Picture) / Whose Mandate Is Osinbajo Standing On? Tinubu Or Buhari? / 2023: White Witches Urge Osinbajo Not To Join Presidential Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is Osinbajo Not APC Candidate? Nigerians React To His Visit To US, VP Harris by richie240: 8:55pm On Sep 04, 2022
What will ur 'askings' achieve o ye zombiedient??
If Oshibajo had won d APC primaries, would you have abandoned the 'best tin after slice bread' - obi - for him?

If ur answer iz no, biko rest!
cool
NwaMamaIwota:
Why Tinubu and not Osibanjo?

during the primaries alot of people especially Yorubas where rooting for both individuals.
at a point it entered into a dirty game with Tinubu supporters started attacking Osibanjo viciously and his personality.
they even tried to bully Osibanjo in stepping down.
at the end of the day Tinubu won the primaries.
but the question here is why did Tinubu supporters choose Tinubu ahead of Osibanjo and what was their criteria.
Elections are meant to elect competent leaders so let's analyze Osibanjo and Tinubu head to head.

Education: A professor of law VS A controversial degree holder
Personality: You can hardly trace a brazen corruption or dent image back to Osinbajo, but Tinubu's case is different (you know what I mean)
Experience: An 8 years VP vs a former governor.
Osibanjo clearly have more administrative experience here to head an office of president.

Competency: Even tho Osibanjo is serving in the worst government in the history of mankind but few times Osinbajo headed some things it has proven to be the best. for example, the N-power headed by Osinbajo in 2016 still remains the best social program from the government in the history of this country, everything was perfect, from selection to timely payments and incentives.
so I strongly believe that Osinbajo can make difference with power at his disposal.

controversy: there's little or no controversy around Osinbajo but you can't say such of Tinubu.

Ability to win elections : Thanks to our new Electoral laws which diminished rigging to the minimum and increased the power of electorate who will now choose their leader with little or no fear of being rigged by politicians.
Osinbajo stands a better chance of winning elections then Tinubu from those points written above.
a typical example is Osun state which has fallen to the people's choice and has broken record of being governed by opposition since democracy.
Rigging is now old school with vote buying the only option left for politicians.
on a very good day an average Nigerian will pick Osinbajo ahead of Tinubu.

In conclusion I want to ask Tinubu supporters especially from South West to give us a valid reason why they chose Tinubu over Osinbajo.

Re: How Is Osinbajo Not APC Candidate? Nigerians React To His Visit To US, VP Harris by richie240: 8:58pm On Sep 04, 2022
Clowns!
'Support oshibajo' fire!
grin grin

omoharry:
You just said my mind...I hate APC has a party becos of the people it has as leaders. But, I would have supported an Osibanjo if he had been given the opportunity to be APC presidential candidate.. You can imagine an Osibanjo representing APC & Obi representing PDP. How wonderful and tight the election would have been!. It would have been a clash btw two intellectual titans. Ooo Nigeria! where have we gone wrong to merit such recycled old sick and morally corrupt men that just refuse to die and let us be . Terrible old men with questionable characters that are using thier ill gotten wealth to buy themselves into power over those that are younger and fit with sound mind. Why can't we have a clean system where young and able bodied intellectuals given the opportunity to vie for these positions..people that are capable to lead Nigeria well ? Maybe we are just doomed to always vote In old sick and corrupt leaders for life . Sometimes I wonder if I will ever see a functioning Nigeria in my life time .
Stick with obi and stop wailing biko!
cool
Re: How Is Osinbajo Not APC Candidate? Nigerians React To His Visit To US, VP Harris by orisa37: 9:13pm On Sep 04, 2022
DeLaRue:
Well, he lost at the primary. His own party representatives didn't want him.

That's democracy.

"This is Government of the CABALS, by MACBAN for the PEOPLE".
Re: How Is Osinbajo Not APC Candidate? Nigerians React To His Visit To US, VP Harris by AntonVince: 10:46pm On Sep 04, 2022
Just look at all the comments up there...just blabbing and beating around the bush while shying away from the hard truth.
grin

Osinbajo was schemed out because of RELIGION...nothing more.
The APC is an assemblage of Janjaweedal Islamic extremists whose only interest is entrenching religious dominance at the expense of good governance and the masses' well-being.

Make una dey deceive una selves.
Re: How Is Osinbajo Not APC Candidate? Nigerians React To His Visit To US, VP Harris by RZArecta(m): 10:48pm On Sep 04, 2022
Agbado Colombia shouted "EMI LO KAN" and common sense fell on its head. Just look at Osinbajo and tell me you wouldn't honestly be proud having him as president compared to a Tinubu. Such a shame cool
Re: How Is Osinbajo Not APC Candidate? Nigerians React To His Visit To US, VP Harris by Harryj12: 10:51pm On Sep 04, 2022
Imagine blaming tinubu that is not part of the government for buhari failure and praising osibanjo who is the second in command to buhari. Now i see u people just hate tinubu for no reason

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Crisis: We'll Lose 2023 Presidential Poll If... - Chairman Adamu Warns / Any Presidential Candidate That Does Not Have 25% In Abuja Will Not Be Declared / No President Has Ever Lost Both The FCT And Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.