Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,411 members, 7,822,909 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Nin: Nonchalance At The Commission - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nin: Nonchalance At The Commission (334 Views)

What Are The Requirements For Date Of Birth Modification In NIN / Swearing In Of Members Of The Commission Of Enquiries Of The NDU Amassoma Crisis / Help With Submitting Passport To Canadian High Commission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nin: Nonchalance At The Commission by kumulus(m): 10:42pm On Sep 04, 2022
Good evening nairalanders and all well meaning e-citizens!

I have been faced with some issues trying to register for certain facilities in these past months and I must say I’ve had it to my full, I have definitely exhausted my patience at this point and before I’m frustrated beyond absolute capacity, I say make I voice out, just maybe I’m not the only one in such situation and putting heads together, we might come up with the needed solution.

So I had registered and captured biometrics to obtain my NIN months ago (about 4-5months). Tried linking to my phone number several times but met with failures, same experience when I try to onboard with the NIMC Mobile ID app. I’ve been to multiple ERCs and they all just start telling same stories of network issues (for months), one such agent even tried extorting me the other day saying I should pay #4,000 to validate my NIN and it’ll work in two days.

I could care less if it never worked but unfortunately it’s been made mandatory to produce a valid and functioning NIN before I can register for basic things I am privileged by the constitution of the Federal Republic; one cannot open a bank account, obtain immigration documents, register for examinations, complete KYC on some websites to mention a few of the setbacks NIMC is causing.

The most alarming thing for me is the attitude of the commission towards this situation, they’ve shown no concern whatsoever all along. I have seen reports online where people complained of missing payment deadlines, not being able to partake in academic processes, missing out on job opportunities, inability to access funds in their bank accounts, inability to obtain passports and other such inconveniences.

All these are appalling to say the least, I think it’s high time we spoke up and have the commission either take decisive steps or summarily discontinue the mandatory requirement of the NIN. This is unfair to the millions of law abiding Nigerians who are daily deprived of access to basic services and facilities because of some people’s nonchalance and incapacity.

Check their social media handles and you’ll find numerous complaints that’s been left without response.

If it’s not working let them just scrap it na! To think people paid for this sef is annoying, same thrash with BVN….till tomorrow they’ve not provided me with the “BVN CARD” I was supposed to get…. Why is this country frustrating like this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nin: Nonchalance At The Commission by Captaincee(m): 10:00am On Sep 13, 2022
kumulus:
Good evening nairalanders and all well meaning e-citizens!

I have been faced with some issues trying to register for certain facilities in these past months and I must say I’ve had it to my full, I have definitely exhausted my patience at this point and before I’m frustrated beyond absolute capacity, I say make I voice out, just maybe I’m not the only one in such situation and putting heads together, we might come up with the needed solution.

So I had registered and captured biometrics to obtain my NIN months ago (about 4-5months). Tried linking to my phone number several times but met with failures, same experience when I try to onboard with the NIMC Mobile ID app. I’ve been to multiple ERCs and they all just start telling same stories of network issues (for months), one such agent even tried extorting me the other day saying I should pay #4,000 to validate my NIN and it’ll work in two days.

I could care less if it never worked but unfortunately it’s been made mandatory to produce a valid and functioning NIN before I can register for basic things I am privileged by the constitution of the Federal Republic; one cannot open a bank account, obtain immigration documents, register for examinations, complete KYC on some websites to mention a few of the setbacks NIMC is causing.

The most alarming thing for me is the attitude of the commission towards this situation, they’ve shown no concern whatsoever all along. I have seen reports online where people complained of missing payment deadlines, not being able to partake in academic processes, missing out on job opportunities, inability to access funds in their bank accounts, inability to obtain passports and other such inconveniences.

All these are appalling to say the least, I think it’s high time we spoke up and have the commission either take decisive steps or summarily discontinue the mandatory requirement of the NIN. This is unfair to the millions of law abiding Nigerians who are daily deprived of access to basic services and facilities because of some people’s nonchalance and incapacity.

Check their social media handles and you’ll find numerous complaints that’s been left without response.

If it’s not working let them just scrap it na! To think people paid for this sef is annoying, same thrash with BVN….till tomorrow they’ve not provided me with the “BVN CARD” I was supposed to get…. Why is this country frustrating like this
Good morning, Sire. I'm experiencing same issue and I'm fed up. They extorted 3k from me telling me it would work in 2days, till today, nothing has been done.

I sent a mail to NIMC but no response, I chatted them on Twitter, they replied and I was asked to send my NIN, I did, it's been over 3 days now and my NIN hasn't been validated.

I can't process KYC on lots of apps, etc. I'm frustrated.

Have you resolved yours? What is your next step Sire because for me, I'm out of ideas.
Re: Nin: Nonchalance At The Commission by kumulus(m): 7:19am On Oct 10, 2022
Captaincee:
Good morning, Sire. I'm experiencing same issue and I'm fed up. They extorted 3k from me telling me it would work in 2days, till today, nothing has been done.

I sent a mail to NIMC but no response, I chatted them on Twitter, they replied and I was asked to send my NIN, I did, it's been over 3 days now and my NIN hasn't been validated.

I can't process KYC on lots of apps, etc. I'm frustrated.

Have you resolved yours? What is your next step Sire because for me, I'm out of ideas.

I haven’t resolved mine unfortunately, last time I was at their office I was told their network has been down for months (about a months ago).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nin: Nonchalance At The Commission by Captaincee(m): 1:04am On Oct 11, 2022
kumulus:

I haven’t resolved mine unfortunately, last time I was at their office I was told their network has been down for months (about a months ago).

Disheartening.
Re: Nin: Nonchalance At The Commission by kumulus(m): 10:12am On Oct 11, 2022
Captaincee:

Disheartening.

Very!

I just left the enrollment office in my LGA and the young man told me to visit the state head office, a private enrollment center or a communications provider office (MTN) for validation as they don’t do validations at their station. I doubt there’s validity in his submission though, fortunately for him I don’t have the energy to raise dust this morning.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nin: Nonchalance At The Commission by Captaincee(m): 1:28pm On Oct 17, 2022
kumulus:

Very!

I just left the enrollment office in my LGA and the young man told me to visit the state head office, a private enrollment center or a communications provider office (MTN) for validation as they don’t do validations at their station. I doubt there’s validity in his submission though, fortunately for him I don’t have the energy to raise dust this morning.

Good Day, wow!

So, has your issue been resolved? Did your service provider validate your NIN? If yes, I'd have to try that out too because I'm tired. Like!! This stress is so frustrating.... What's the point of having NIMC sub offices if they can't validate common NIN....must one go to Federal or HQ.... it's disheartening wallahi.
Re: Nin: Nonchalance At The Commission by kumulus(m): 4:21pm On Oct 17, 2022
Captaincee:

Good Day, wow!

So, has your issue been resolved? Did your service provider validate your NIN? If yes, I'd have to try that out too because I'm tired. Like!! This stress is so frustrating.... What's the point of having NIMC sub offices if they can't validate common NIN....must one go to Federal or HQ.... it's disheartening wallahi.

I eventually had to go the private agent way on the 4th of this month, NIN still didn’t work after three days as I was told. Went back there earlier today and the gentleman said it’ll work by evening today. So I’m still waiting.

*Paid #3k for the validation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nin: Nonchalance At The Commission by Captaincee(m): 11:31pm On Oct 17, 2022
kumulus:

I eventually had to go the private agent way on the 4th of this month, NIN still didn’t work after three days as I was told. Went back there earlier today and the gentleman said it’ll work by evening today. So I’m still waiting.

*Paid #3k for the validation.

Damn! Sorry for the stress, I've spent more than 5k on this validation thingy...still didn't work, I'd just have to create time and head to HQ. I pray yours get validated, Sire.

Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Queen Elizabeth Immortalized In Ijebu / We Produce All Kinds Of Nylon / How To Download A Tiktok Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.