Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,465 members, 7,826,770 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Referees Body, PGMOL Accepts VAR Calls Against West Ham And Newcastle Were Wrong - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Referees Body, PGMOL Accepts VAR Calls Against West Ham And Newcastle Were Wrong (21645 Views)

Fiorentino Perez criticises refereeing &VAR, calls on Spanish Govt to intervene / Cristiano Ronaldo Crowned Man Of The Match Against West Ham Utd (photos) / Lampard Rages At His Squad After Conceding 90th Minute Goal Against West Ham (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Referees Body, PGMOL Accepts VAR Calls Against West Ham And Newcastle Were Wrong by robinso01(m): 8:11am On Sep 05, 2022
paulolee:

I swear

They keep on making mistakes every week. It is days after the matches that they will now be apologizing and still fumble in the next match again.
Re: Referees Body, PGMOL Accepts VAR Calls Against West Ham And Newcastle Were Wrong by Ikem11(m): 8:12am On Sep 05, 2022
Newyorkitis:
These guys are progressives!

They acknowledge their mistakes and try to improve going forward.

But in Nigeria ��, someone will make an intentional wrong move, , tweet, Facebook post, video speech and still deny it without blinking their eyelids!

Nothing like acknowledging ...it's witch hunting . Acknowledging is when things are done against it not just accepting mistake .

That var denied Chelsea clear 3 points and nothing was done about it ...the table still stands

1 Like

Re: Referees Body, PGMOL Accepts VAR Calls Against West Ham And Newcastle Were Wrong by Samade7: 8:12am On Sep 05, 2022
robinso01:
England refs are the worst set of ref in the world. Even those ones in charge var.

They are so useless, I wonder how dey are bn given licence to ref matches.
Re: Referees Body, PGMOL Accepts VAR Calls Against West Ham And Newcastle Were Wrong by Samade7: 8:15am On Sep 05, 2022
cosmatika:
Then they should subtract 2points from Chelsea and give Westham their share.
EPL refs have always been a case of ojoro.
Arsenal have suffered it the most

Exactly, same thing happened yesterday against man u. Why would the stupid ref disallowed a goal that he's already pointed to the centre? Epl ref are horrible set of pple.

5 Likes

Re: Referees Body, PGMOL Accepts VAR Calls Against West Ham And Newcastle Were Wrong by Grandmaster2022: 8:17am On Sep 05, 2022
cosmatika:
they should subtract 2 points from Tottenham and add it to Chelsea

3 Likes

Re: Referees Body, PGMOL Accepts VAR Calls Against West Ham And Newcastle Were Wrong by lomprico(m): 8:20am On Sep 05, 2022
OLOKOESHIN:
It was a clear foul against Mendy...what about if it's other way round... Penalty must have been awarded jeje

They should check Tottenham's goals against Chelsea too....mad people

An Agbero has spoken like one.

3 Likes

Re: Referees Body, PGMOL Accepts VAR Calls Against West Ham And Newcastle Were Wrong by Ekpekus(m): 8:20am On Sep 05, 2022
blamingthedevil:
Chelsea 2- Westham 1
Badht guy grin grin
Re: Referees Body, PGMOL Accepts VAR Calls Against West Ham And Newcastle Were Wrong by ivandragon: 8:24am On Sep 05, 2022
Well, it could be argued that the West Ham player could also have fully jumped over Mendy, but he chose to leave a trailing leg...

If that contact had occurred anywhere else on the pitch, it would have been a foul against the West Ham player, regardless of the ridiculous acting by Mendy...

2 Likes

Re: Referees Body, PGMOL Accepts VAR Calls Against West Ham And Newcastle Were Wrong by Strikethem: 8:29am On Sep 05, 2022
lamps4blues:
Make Chelsea benefit small...After all they denied Chelsea their 3 points in match day 2 against Spurs.
How?, by ruling out chelsea goal or what?
Re: Referees Body, PGMOL Accepts VAR Calls Against West Ham And Newcastle Were Wrong by asanausana91: 8:31am On Sep 05, 2022
I told them.
Re: Referees Body, PGMOL Accepts VAR Calls Against West Ham And Newcastle Were Wrong by Masterito(m): 8:32am On Sep 05, 2022
When Chelsea was cheated against Tottenham, you all enjoy it. Let Chelsea enjoy thiers in peace.
cosmatika:

2 Likes

Re: Referees Body, PGMOL Accepts VAR Calls Against West Ham And Newcastle Were Wrong by Masterito(m): 8:34am On Sep 05, 2022
Exactly my point. The player could have jumped. By hitting Mendy slightly he delayed Mendy from reacting quickly and Mendy was wise to stay on the ground.
ivandragon:
Well, it could be argued that the West Ham player could also have fully jumped over Mendy, but he chose to leave a trailing leg...

If that contact had occurred anywhere else on the pitch, it would have been a foul against the West Ham player, regardless of the ridiculous acting by Mendy...

1 Like

Re: Referees Body, PGMOL Accepts VAR Calls Against West Ham And Newcastle Were Wrong by Masterito(m): 8:36am On Sep 05, 2022
Not true. The player had a chance to jump over the keeper. Hitting Mendy slightly delayed Mendy from reacting quickly. There is a lot to say about that. They must create a rule to define what is foul on a keeper.
fergie001:
West Ham's was clear as day.

@phemmyfour

1 Like

Re: Referees Body, PGMOL Accepts VAR Calls Against West Ham And Newcastle Were Wrong by ceeceeco: 8:39am On Sep 05, 2022
They should deduct point from that useless club called Chelshit.

1 Like

Re: Referees Body, PGMOL Accepts VAR Calls Against West Ham And Newcastle Were Wrong by OLOKOESHIN: 8:42am On Sep 05, 2022
lomprico:

An Agbero has spoken like one.
Your Fada nah Agbero
Re: Referees Body, PGMOL Accepts VAR Calls Against West Ham And Newcastle Were Wrong by Theboy21: 8:49am On Sep 05, 2022
Expect Arsenal fans to start the #Me-Too challenge because of their cancelled goal after pushing Erikson yesterday, we are the breakers of unbeaten run cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Referees Body, PGMOL Accepts VAR Calls Against West Ham And Newcastle Were Wrong by arantess: 8:52am On Sep 05, 2022
politicoNG:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62787324.
Nonsense

add the Arsenal goal that was overturned too
these AIs are killing the lovely game
Re: Referees Body, PGMOL Accepts VAR Calls Against West Ham And Newcastle Were Wrong by Fragility6: 8:53am On Sep 05, 2022
Starz825:
Na why Dem no dey put them for WC
They are worse
Making wrong decision every now and then only to come out later to admit it was a mistake ...after the deed has been done.....

England referees are gamblers....the world knows they play pool...

The Media don't just want to talk about it

I can't forget crystal palace vs Aston villa 2 seasons ago
I haven't seen such fuckery before in my whole time of watching soccer..

This is how he should be....once the on field referee make a decision on whatsoever thing that happens...if var thinks otherwise...let var advice the on field referee to go to the video stand and watch it...and take his final stand....
Var should only be independently effective on offsides alone..
Then you no watch Liverpool-tottenham (2:2) some seasons ago. The game was an arranged draw but Salah score one sweet solo goal late on to make d score 2:1. Premier league get other options, linesman decide penalty for ref. Funny enough the ball was still in play o. Ref pause game ran to the linesman then award penalty to Tottenham. U go fear league

2 Likes

Re: Referees Body, PGMOL Accepts VAR Calls Against West Ham And Newcastle Were Wrong by Dchampion65: 8:54am On Sep 05, 2022
politicoNG:

Let them reverse the goals now and adjust the league table. Period.
Re: Referees Body, PGMOL Accepts VAR Calls Against West Ham And Newcastle Were Wrong by reccy(m): 8:54am On Sep 05, 2022
If dem born anybody's papa make you mention chelsea again.

Nah d westham own una go talk,

D one against totenham

Everton vs Liverpool?
Leeds vs brendford?
And so many more I can't recall. Do you mean these ones are not worthy to be talked about?

All the ref, Var and pgmol are mad!!! Very very mad. Nah thunder go faya your blokos.

Are they saying there is no contact btw Mendy and that idiot? Come and take the three points now make we see......

Bunch of mofos!!!!

1 Like

Re: Referees Body, PGMOL Accepts VAR Calls Against West Ham And Newcastle Were Wrong by Fragility6: 8:55am On Sep 05, 2022
sircatherine45:
These referees are under the payroll of some football syndicates, so they won't wanna anger their boss.

The earlier you know that 90% of football games are rigged, the better for you.
One agabaya still dey follow me argue this thing for twitter. Football wey dey massively scripted now especially that champions league. See how Chelsea -tottenham end up
Re: Referees Body, PGMOL Accepts VAR Calls Against West Ham And Newcastle Were Wrong by Makowonda: 8:56am On Sep 05, 2022
No African country seized the opportunity to lift the gold,silver or bronze medal in the FIFA senior World Cup prior to the introduction of the VAR.With VAR in place today it has become an impossibly impossible attempt for any African country to dream of a medal at the World Cup tournament.

1 Like

Re: Referees Body, PGMOL Accepts VAR Calls Against West Ham And Newcastle Were Wrong by Advocate500: 9:03am On Sep 05, 2022
Arsenal goal against manu was one of decision that will people start questioning epl decision.
Re: Referees Body, PGMOL Accepts VAR Calls Against West Ham And Newcastle Were Wrong by Idoko619(m): 9:04am On Sep 05, 2022
cosmatika:

Arsenal is not EPL team abi....wailers.
Bad or good every team suffers it
Re: Referees Body, PGMOL Accepts VAR Calls Against West Ham And Newcastle Were Wrong by sircatherine45(m): 9:09am On Sep 05, 2022
Fragility6:

One agabaya still dey follow me argue this thing for twitter. Football wey dey massively scripted now especially that champions league. See how Chelsea -tottenham end up

Ignore the agbayas. Their A to Z ends in their inability to think and reason.

2014, I travelled to Cotonou for an errand. That errand, I went to buy fixed games. I was in a hotel, waiting for six hours until the man came, apologised for the delay, that he "fixed up some last minute deal". It happened on a Thursday. I collected the games, gave to my boss back here in Nigeria. Baba play am 1 million. Gave to me to play. The odds were big and frightening. Out of fear, I play am 1k. All the matches were mainly from League 1, 2 then conference and some lower leagues in England, Armenia, Czech and Bulgaria.

I did this till I stopped working for my boss.

1 Like

Re: Referees Body, PGMOL Accepts VAR Calls Against West Ham And Newcastle Were Wrong by 2tpick: 9:11am On Sep 05, 2022
Therr is certainly a bias against chelsea in England. Where was pgmol after match day 2 even with mike dean admitting his mistakes days later. No mention of arsenal's disallowed goal despite the fact it took the on-pitch referee about 5 minutes before he could come to a decision to disallow the goal.

3 Likes

Re: Referees Body, PGMOL Accepts VAR Calls Against West Ham And Newcastle Were Wrong by Angelfrost(m): 9:11am On Sep 05, 2022
fergie001:
West Ham's was clear as day.

@phemmyfour

VAR rescued Chelsea!

Let me ever hear their fans make phim again!
Re: Referees Body, PGMOL Accepts VAR Calls Against West Ham And Newcastle Were Wrong by TeamXola(m): 9:12am On Sep 05, 2022
politicoNG:

I think that stupid VAR should be canceled.

Politicians are actually using it to interfere with match results. It’s totally unacceptable.

1 Like

Re: Referees Body, PGMOL Accepts VAR Calls Against West Ham And Newcastle Were Wrong by OdenKelechi(m): 9:18am On Sep 05, 2022
Good, now deduct Chelsea's points accordingly cos those cunts didn't deserve to win that match
Re: Referees Body, PGMOL Accepts VAR Calls Against West Ham And Newcastle Were Wrong by Adakintroy: 9:19am On Sep 05, 2022
The calls were bullshitly weak ones.

The arsenal one I took personal. Imagine the ref was standing few yards from the offense. Did not call it. Only to review it once the play result in a goal. The men of this world are getting too weak and over relying on machines for their judgments . at this point we should just eliminate human judgments and rely wholly on machines to make our judgements.

V.a.r was to support not to make judgments and ref supporting. Ref need to be strong themselves and stay bold witg their decision even when pressured. this is too weak. Maybe in real time the ref felt it was a soft foul to call and he could be right. I have seen those not given. Its up to him to stand his ground. But I guess he buckled under the pressure of " old Trafford"

Weak very weak I tell you

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ikogosi 10km Marathon Race In Ekiti (Photo Updates) / Late Patrick Ekeng's Wife And Daughter / Ogenyi Onazi Drags Lazio To FIFA Over Unpaid Salaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.