Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,329 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi (21170 Views)

12 Members Of The CBN’s Monetary Policy Committee (Full List) / Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy / Contractionary Monetary Policy Cannot Solve The Problem Of Inflation In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by bhella10: 10:28am On Sep 06, 2022
ExudeLoveToAll:

Bigotry seems to be the only way to campaign for your candidate.

You think I'm from the IGBO tribe?

The more you folks use the ethnic mantra the more the young man gets sane people from all ethnic group to join him to lead the Nation in a positive direction.

You folks all benefit from the votes of the south east to make one of yours president during this fourth republic mine included. I don't see anything bad to join them now when it seems their candidate will bring the best to the table amongst the lot available currently.

Go and ask Kenya's what bigotry did to them in the last two decades ? Campaign for who you want, try and fetch people for him and stop these hatred it will do more harm to your head then good. This is coming from a place of Love

Have a great day.
Your likes introduced bigotry the moment Tinubu declared to run. We all know what transpired in October 2020. Nuff said

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by ExudeLoveToAll: 10:31am On Sep 06, 2022
bhella10:
Your likes introduced bigotry the moment Tinubu declared to run. We all know what transpired in October 2020. Nuff said

Why not run a background check bon me, you don't throw tantrums on any one you see on the street.
Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 06, 2022
tonyuny12:

What is Anambra now and her IGR with Obi's leadership?
I m not interested in dragging anything with you but let Obi and Tinubu face themselves at the poll

2 Likes

Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by Nobody: 10:36am On Sep 06, 2022
dirtydiva:
I m not interested in dragging anything with you but let Obi and Tinubu face themselves at the poll

That's what I'm looking forward to... Thanks for your understanding

2 Likes

Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by Brimstone77: 10:40am On Sep 06, 2022
jerseyboy:
OBI HAS NO IDEA WHAT HE HAS JUST SAID

Tinubu urchins only understand agbado and corn phenomenal.. grin

1 Like

Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by Parachoko: 10:44am On Sep 06, 2022
kingyakos:

Slump dog, dirty pig. I bet you let's exposed our identity here and see who's living a lowlife. Our statement of bank account, our cars, our house, educational background even our family or our parents investment. Let's expose it here and see who's living a lowlife.
Your dimension of thought is same with pigs.
Gibberish by a lowlife

Nah everybody dey get money on top Nairaland grin

I know you're a struggling fool. You're too daft to be rich.

kingyakos:

Sharrap it was in 1996 and it was 12.76%
There's no time since Independence Nigeria inflation rate has hit 70%.
You just come on NL with stupid and baseless fact. Follow tinubu to speak in tongues, e go soon clear u for eye. slowpoke
You talk like a lowlife, you're too daft to have even up to 10k in your account right now.

Look at the nonsense you wrote above, only an Ignorant lowlife can speak like this.

If I tell you inflation rate in Turkey is presently close to 80%, instead of making research, you go argue with me like a lowlife you are.

You're too dumb, if not, you won't keep on insisting Nigeria inflation rate has never been higher than what it is now.

Common sense is far from you

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by toneroforever(m): 10:54am On Sep 06, 2022
fiizznation:
There is nothing fantastic about what he said. The man when to USA and heard about contractionary monetary policy (a kind of macroeconomic tool) that the USA adopt for their federal reserve, and boom, the man(obi) just assumed that such policy can work for Nigeria.

What works for A is not likely to work for B. There is a big difference between an economist who understands every dynamism of both micro/macro economics with someone who is a trader.

Now compare Obi's views to Tinubu who said that more money should be printed as a solution to the economic challenges we face presently. Which of the two do u think hold the answer to this problem. U be the judge.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by kingyakos: 11:03am On Sep 06, 2022
Parachoko:
Gibberish by a lowlife

Nah everybody dey get money on top Nairaland grin

I know you're a struggling fool. You're too daft to be rich.

You talk like a lowlife, you're too daft to have even up to 10k in your account right now.

Look at the nonsense you wrote above, only an Ignorant lowlife can speak like this.

If I tell you inflation rate in Turkey is presently close to 80%, instead of making research, you go argue with me like a lowlife you are.

You're too dumb, if not, you won't keep on insisting Nigeria inflation rate has never been higher than what it is now.

Common sense is far from you

Like i said earlier your dimension of thought is same with that of a pig.
Illiterate illegitimate daft, you've internet within you, still u can't research to study and learn by yourself instead u come up here with frame up info just to score chip point for your speaking in tongues presidential candidate.
You're very stupid.

Send me your account details make i wire u aza, i wan prove who i be to u. Idiot

1 Like

Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by Brimstone77: 11:03am On Sep 06, 2022
fiizznation:
There is nothing fantastic about what he said. The man when to USA and heard about contractionary monetary policy (a kind of macroeconomic tool) that the USA adopt for their federal reserve, and boom, the man(obi) just assumed that such policy can work for Nigeria.

What works for A is not likely to work for B. There is a big difference between an economist who understands every dynamism of both micro/macro economics with someone who is a trader.

What have your agbado master learnt from France since he has been traveling there??

At least obi learnt something from his US trip..

2 Likes

Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by adekolaelect(m): 11:11am On Sep 06, 2022
slivertongue:
Policy .

The truth is that for long market forces have not determined the exchange rate of the Naira. The two tier foreign exchange regime is a fluke. It has to end. Let the exchange rate be determined by the forces of demand and supply.
It will still add more hardship to the poor. We are not a producing nation our demand will still be on the high side for Dollars bcs we depend on foriegh product to the level of Toothpicks . The only way out to control our economy is to find ways of reducing importation by investing or declare state of emergency on Agriculture which Tinubu manifestoes has addressed .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by Parachoko: 11:11am On Sep 06, 2022
kingyakos:

Like i said earlier your dimension of thought is same with that of a pig.
Illiterate illegitimate daft, you've internet within you, still u can't research to study and learn by yourself instead u come up here with frame up info just to score chip point for your speaking in tongues presidential candidate.
You're very stupid.

Send me your account details make i wire u aza, i wan prove who i be to u. Idiot
The most dumbest person on Nairaland who is saying inflation rate in Nigeria have never been this high

You must have inherited your Ignorance and foolishness from your dad grin

kingyakos:

You're so dumb and Ignorant

The inflation rate in Nigeria in 2005 is higher than what it is now but a shallow boy like you who does not know will keep on arguing like the lowlife you are

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by Matthew2925(m): 11:12am On Sep 06, 2022
Nice one Sir but hope all these philosophies and ideas are tenable.
Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by kingyakos: 11:19am On Sep 06, 2022
Parachoko:
The most dumbest person on Nairaland who is saying inflation rate in Nigeria have never been this high

You must have inherited your Ignorance and foolishness from your dad grin

You're so dumb and Ignorant

Satan punish ur mama wey still dey waka ashawo to feed you.
Internet is here to tell you that there's no time in history that Nigeria inflation rate hit 70%.
Do you even know what it means for a country's inflation to hit 70%.

Send me your account details
Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by Chymummy89: 11:23am On Sep 06, 2022
tioyoung:

Who be this one again
Na ur GF
Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by Chymummy89: 11:23am On Sep 06, 2022
tioyoung:

Who be this one again
Na ur GF grin
Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by Dmony: 11:24am On Sep 06, 2022
jerseyboy:
Flutterwave head office is situated in Lagos and it is so because some people made the environment enabled for such business to thrive, why using Lagos as his battle field and not Anambra...Something is definitely not right with this PO mantra

2 Likes

Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by sanpipita(m): 11:25am On Sep 06, 2022
DesignMaestro:
Yes, but the government has not been able to solve the main issues; security, power supply and import reduction. That is why we are in the situation we are today. Farmers can't go to farm due to insecurity, companies are folding up due to poor power supply, we import almost everything, etc.

In this kind of situation, putting more money in circulation without solving the above issues will keep weakening the naira, yes, but should we further tighten the purse?

There is high level of unemployment and purchasing power is low. So it is right for government to adopt an expansionary monetary policy but government's spending should be largely on improving infrastructure, power supply and tackling insecurity. If these are done and more fund is made available to local farmers and manufactures with low interest rate, there will be more employment, demand for foreign exchange will reduce, naira will begin to regain its value and purchasing power of the masses will increase.

Forget about those economists that support contractionary monetary policy for Nigeria's current situation. Most of them are theorists. Such policy will further raise the inflation and cause more hardship to the people.

Do you think the current inflation is caused by too much money available for people to spend (high demand) or high cost of getting products to the retailer's shelve?

The policy only works if there is too much money in circulation and people's purchasing power becomes higher, (may be due to increment in wage, payment of arrears, increase in employment rate, etc.) leading to increase in demand and consequent rise in price. In advanced countries, e.g. USA where people spend more, government takes this step to control inflation.

Even in Nigeria, in the 70's during economic boom, people spent on luxury goods due to high purchasing power. But what the military government did was imposition of price control in order to prevent inflation. They also tried to encourage local production by establishing manufacturing industries (We were not practicing capitalism then).

The expansionary policy is not the issue. The problem with Buhari's administration is poor policy implementation.

Contractionary policy isn't only thing Peter Obi has talked about, I'm sure you have heard him talk about improving power supply and moving us from consumption to production this go in line with main issues you pointed out, go through his thread there's more than contractionary policy he talked about.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by Cyberterror: 11:26am On Sep 06, 2022
Peter Obituary and his demented theories. And his illiterate supporters will think he said something sensible because he used a confusing word like contractionary.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by yemmit90: 11:27am On Sep 06, 2022
bigpicture001:

According to Les leba... He advocated for a stronger naira.. which will improve the national income of Nigerians, improve standard of living, dignify naira as a national currency, mk the naira a rallying currency at West African trades...

He dowsed the fears of economist who fears that a stronger naira would mk export more expensive.. ND put us at disadvantage in the international community in terms of international trade... But Bayo argued that Nigeria finished goods export accounted for less than 5% of the nation's export trade... Hence most of our export are on goods we don't even HV a say in thier prices.. such as crude oil, gas, cocoa, ND other agric produce...

But a strong naira would mk import quite cheap ND government can use import restrictions policies to discourage the senseless and rampart import of fancy finished goods..

Now Les leba said governments at the state and local government shld rise up against the FG that earns the nation's revenue in dollars but singelhandedly converts them to naira before giving it to them... He said they should exploit the interpretation of the Constitution which says that state and local government are not subordinate government to the FG.. that the three of them are parallel...

Now if the state and local government allocation are doled out in dollars.. there would be so much dollars in the system coupled with that which the BDC will bring in plus Nigerians in diaspora... He said the government shld be strict with arrest on anybody who does local transaction in dollars cuz it is illegal...

He said after then the CBN should not concern. It self with foreign currency..instead they should control the volume of naira put into the system..that way, if they pump in less naira knowing that dollars has flooded the market..and knowing the people will be arrested if they transact business or government pays wages with dollars...they they will be forced to exchange that dollars with Dem at a lower rate with the scarcity of the naira in the system....

That way dollars exchange will fall...

Save the naira ,save Nigeria....

RIP...Les leba

This analysis is still the same thing the current governments are doing. If you check your Third paragraph, you will see that it the same argument that forced government to ban the importation of some products and subsequently closed some borders.

The forth paragraph does not even make sense, it portraits federal governments as business venture. Why would other aims of governments earn in dollar when it totally subordinate to federal government that control foreign trade?

The influx of dollars as a control measure as it being done by previous governments won't solve anything, it would only give room to more arbitration and holding. One thing is certain, governments and cbn officials are also into this arbitration, hence their reluctant to provide fundamental solution to this problem.

Things would've not bad/expensive like this if importer are able to import at official rate of 416/$.

Why must you source for dollars before you send money abroad or do business. Cbn need to provide a simple platform or app where every one can easily convert naira to dollar at official rate and send to any destination in the world. By this method, dollars would be virtually surplus and accessible. This is the only way to kill BDC business, not a mere arrest/intimidation that has never work anywhere in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by kcbaba007: 11:33am On Sep 06, 2022
GodsOwnMan:
cheesy he doesn't even know what he is talking about, 3rd class graduate oshi cheesy

Your pain over OBI's matter will kill you, his intelligence will give you heart attack
You better repent and become OBIdient, cause it's better than sacrifice

1 Like

Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by UgosinaChi(m): 11:34am On Sep 06, 2022
1) rework the policies that enable growth of small and medium enterprises.
2)stop borrowing for consumption but for production
3)make loans for startups easily accessible
4)contractionary policy... Meaning fighting inflation by limiting the amount of money in circulation in the economy.
Sound economic policies

KillSars:

Explain what he just posted... grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by kcbaba007: 11:35am On Sep 06, 2022
jerseyboy:

Because you are a numb skulled entity, how would you understand what he just said..... Pain for OBI's matter will kill you....

Cassava agbadorian

2 Likes

Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by Everlastingson: 11:47am On Sep 06, 2022
fiizznation:

Whatever you wish Nigerians will come upon you soon. Evil being you are . Obi studied at Harvard you blind bat.

1 Like

Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by bigpicture001: 11:49am On Sep 06, 2022
yemmit90:

This analysis is still the same thing the current governments are doing. If you check your Third paragraph, you will see that it the same argument that forced government to ban the importation of some products and subsequently closed some borders.

The forth paragraph does not even make sense, it portraits federal governments as business venture. Why would other aims of governments earn in dollar when it totally subordinate to federal government that control foreign trade?

The influx of dollars as a control measure as it being done by previous governments won't solve anything, it would only give room to more arbitration and holding. One thing is certain, governments and cbn officials are also into this arbitration, hence their reluctant to provide fundamental solution to this problem.

Things would've not bad/expensive like this if importer are able to import at official rate of 416/$.

Why must you source for dollars before you send money abroad or do business. Cbn need to provide a simple platform or app where every one can easily convert naira to dollar at official rate and send to any destination in the world. By this method, dollars would be virtually surplus and accessible. This is the only way to kill BDC business, not a mere arrest/intimidation that has never work anywhere in Nigeria.

You did not read all whaat I wrote....

Who and where is implementing all I wrote...?

U don't even know what ur saying... U hate BDC aand u don't want to hear anything aside. Killing it
Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by Parachoko: 12:02pm On Sep 06, 2022
kingyakos:

Satan punish ur mama wey still dey waka ashawo to feed you.
Internet is here to tell you that there's no time in history that Nigeria inflation rate hit 70%.

You're the most foolish and most Ignorant person I have come across on Nairaland

Showing how foolish and Ignorant you're with your full chest

In 1992, the inflation rate in Nigeria was 54%, in 1993 and 1994 it was 57% in 1995 it rose to 74% and drop to 29% in 1996

Do not get me wrong, I know youu inherited your foolishness from your papa, so I am not blaming you.

Presently in Turkey, the inflation rate is close to 80%, but you are so foolish and you won't accept it is close to that figure.

I will keep on showing you how foolish and Ignorant you are on this thread cheesy
Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by Parachoko: 12:06pm On Sep 06, 2022
kingyakos:

Shut up Dumbo

You're so daft, that's why you keep on arguing blindly

Inflation rate in Turkey is presently above 70%, but a lowlife like you will argue such a thing is not possible grin

You wey no sabi anything about inflation dey ask for my account details, you wey still dey depend on your papa meagre wage grin
Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by kingyakos: 12:22pm On Sep 06, 2022
Parachoko:
Shut up Dumbo

You're so daft, that's why you keep on arguing blindly

Inflation rate in Turkey is presently above 70%, but a lowlife like you will argue such a thing is not possible grin

You wey no sabi anything about inflation dey ask for my account details, you wey still dey depend on your papa meagre wage grin

Nitwit, foolish pig. You were talking about nigeria inflation in 2005 hitting 70% when i disagree with you, now you've shift the goal post to turkey.

Dey go fu**ck ur mama tear nyash today
Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by Abemy(m): 12:26pm On Sep 06, 2022
kingyakos:

Nitwit, foolish pig. You were talking about nigeria inflation in 2005 hitting 70% when i disagree with you, now you've shift the goal post to turkey.

Esseite:
Good point... the economy is tight already, production would take a process, I believe the template used in managing Anambra where cost of governance was reduced to bearest minimum should be employed to help distribute scarce monitored resources to areas of urgent need.. the major problem would be the cash-cow bottomless pit areas such as insecurity in the north.. we should have collaborations with stronger nations on mercenaries...

I strongly believe that the exchange rate would crash the moment Obi is declared, while it might skyrocket for the others if other candidates are declared..

You are absolutely correct. But in terms of security, obi should not be open on how to tackle it especially in the North, remember insecurity is a cash cow for some northern elites, any candidate suspected to have what it takes to stop insecurity in that region will be thwarted at the polls.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by Parachoko: 12:50pm On Sep 06, 2022
kingyakos:

How can you be this foolish and stupid? sad There is no where in my post I told you inflation hit 70% in 2005, stop lying pig.

You're insisting there is no time inflation rate has been more than what it is now, and I gave you examples of when Inflation rate has been more than what it is now .

I told you in 2005 inflation rate was 17%,

kingyakos:

You're so shallow, you don't want to accept inflation can get up to 70%, so I use Turkey as an example, Turkey inflation rate is presently close to 80%.

In 1996 the inflation rate in Nigeria is about 26%

I just love showing lowlifes like you how foolish they are once in a while, that's why am still engaging you.

You're a hungry lowlife and am glad to show you how empty and foolish you are.

Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by Parachoko: 1:00pm On Sep 06, 2022
kingyakos:

You just come on NL with stupid and baseless fact. Follow tinubu to speak in tongues, e go soon clear u for eye. slowpoke
See the fool wey no sabi anything dey claim inflation rate in 1996 was 12.76%

I will be waiting for you to show me where i said inflation is 70% in 2005 dumbo

You must be thinking I am as shallow as you are grin
Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by kingyakos: 1:05pm On Sep 06, 2022
Parachoko:
See the fool wey no sabi anything dey claim inflation rate in 1996 was 12.76%

I will be waiting for you to show me where i said inflation is 70% in 2005 dumbo

You must be thinking I am as shallow as you are grin

Abi it wasn't u that said it, it was ur papa dat said it and ur ashawo mama type am

Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by Parachoko: 1:08pm On Sep 06, 2022
kingyakos:

You're so lucky I am willing to cure you from your foolish ignorance this afternoon grin

https://www.worlddata.info/africa/nigeria/inflation-rates.php#:~:text=The%20inflation%20rate%20for%20consumer,the%20price%20increase%20was%20566%2C918.02%20%25.

Arrogant and unintelligent pigs like you too full Nairaland.

Lowlifes claiming to be what they are not grin

Click on the link and cure yourself from your ignorance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

APC’s Bago Wins Niger Governorship Election / Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools / President Buhari, Osinbajo, APC Never Promised To Make $1 = N1 - Bashir Ahmaad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.