Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,906 members, 7,835,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi (21162 Views)

12 Members Of The CBN’s Monetary Policy Committee (Full List) / Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy / Contractionary Monetary Policy Cannot Solve The Problem Of Inflation In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by bhella10: 1:10pm On Sep 06, 2022
ExudeLoveToAll:

Why not run a background check bon me, you don't throw tantrums on any one you see on the street.
I would if I have the time. But who does that help?
Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by kingyakos: 1:11pm On Sep 06, 2022
Parachoko:
You're so lucky I am willing to cure you from your foolish ignorance this afternoon grin

https://www.worlddata.info/africa/nigeria/inflation-rates.php#:~:text=The%20inflation%20rate%20for%20consumer,the%20price%20increase%20was%20566%2C918.02%20%25.

Arrogant and unintelligent pigs like you too full Nairaland.

Lowlifes claiming to be what they are not grin

Click on the link and cure yourself from your ignorance.

Getout. I have used you and dumped you
Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by Parachoko: 1:13pm On Sep 06, 2022
kingyakos:

Abi it wasn't u that said it, it was ur papa dat said it and ur ashawo mama type am

When did 1995 become 2005? Are you this shallow?

If I knew you're this dumb, I won't have engage you(and nah you first quote me with your shallow talk)

Even in the screenshot you shared with me, you dey see 1995 and you're still claiming I said 2005 grin

This is how poor and fraustrated people behave.

You're arrogant, shallow and very foolish.
Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by Parachoko: 1:16pm On Sep 06, 2022
kingyakos:

Getout. I have used you and dumped you
Use and dump who?

You wey no get sense cheesy

You wey suppose to dey thank me for curing you from your ignorance

kingyakos:

Internet is here to tell you that there's no time in history that Nigeria inflation rate hit 70%.
Do you even know what it means for a country's inflation to hit 70%.

See the kin foolish comments you dey write without shame

I'm sure you don't even know is possible for inflation to hit 70%

https://www.statista.com/statistics/895080/turkey-inflation-rate/

Click on that link and cure yourself from your foolish Ignorance.

Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by kingyakos: 1:23pm On Sep 06, 2022
Parachoko:
Use and dump who?

You wey no get sense cheesy

I have gotten what i wanted from you and i released you from slave chain. You are now free
Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by neoG(f): 1:24pm On Sep 06, 2022
Leave him. He thinks degree certificate validates ones destiny. Most first class graduates can't relate with real life applications to what they study because it was cramming spree tinz. Does this mean earning first class is wrong? Capital NO
manutdrichie:

Tell your candidate to come out and tell us how he will rule us, we deserve to hear from him
Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by Parachoko: 1:25pm On Sep 06, 2022
kingyakos:

I have gotten what i wanted from you and i released you from slave chain. You are now free
I'm glad I cured you from your ignorance. cool

https://tradingeconomics.com/turkey/inflation-cpi

Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by kingyakos: 1:31pm On Sep 06, 2022
Parachoko:
I'm glad I cured you from your ignorance. cool

https://tradingeconomics.com/turkey/inflation-cpi

Send me your account details
Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by Parachoko: 1:34pm On Sep 06, 2022
kingyakos:

Send me your account details
Do you live in Lagos State? I am presently in Ikoyi, drop your phone number make I call you make we meet.
Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by kingyakos: 1:40pm On Sep 06, 2022
Parachoko:
Do you live in Lagos State? I am presently in Ikoyi, drop your phone number make I call you make we meet.

Just send me your account details make i wire u small aza make u take understand yourself
Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by Parachoko: 1:41pm On Sep 06, 2022
kingyakos:

Just send me your account details make i wire u small aza make u take understand yourself
When you're ready, you go drop number make we meet.

We go know who truly need the change between you and I

I'm presently in Ikoyi like this, if e sure for you say you no b lowlife, drop your number make I call you so we go meet

1 Like

Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by DesignMaestro(m): 3:16pm On Sep 06, 2022
sanpipita:

Contractionary policy isn't only thing Peter Obi has talked about, I'm sure you have heard him talk about improving power supply and moving us from consumption to production this go in line with main issues you pointed out, go through his thread there's more than contractionary policy he talked about.
Yes I read it. That's why I said he contradicted himself in my other comment on this thread.

Tackling insecurity, improving infrastructure and encouraging local production means government will have to spend more. Low interest loans will also have to be made available to small scale farmers and enterprises to encourage local production. My argument is actually that the contractionary monetary policy he mentioned contradicted other things he said, e.g supporting start ups and SME's, spending on regenerative projects, etc.

1 Like

Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by kingyakos: 4:44pm On Sep 06, 2022
Parachoko:
When you're ready, you go drop number make we meet.

We go know who truly need the change between you and I

I'm presently in Ikoyi like this, if e sure for you say you no b lowlife, drop your number make I call you so we go meet

Paddy man no be u be d 1st or d last person wey i dey do give away for after we don insult oursef for online and i no doubt u say weada u be azaman or not, even if i get all d money in the world dat no fit make me doubt or be little any man. No wahala say u no need my aza and big thumps up to u and ur hustle and as for my phone number, u no know me and i no know u too so i no fit give u my phone number.
Cheers...
Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by ElSudani: 4:50pm On Sep 06, 2022
DesignMaestro:
Yes I read it. That's why I said he contradicted himself in my other comment on this thread.

Tackling insecurity, improving infrastructure and encouraging local production means government will have to spend more. Low interest loans will also have to be made available to small scale farmers and enterprises to encourage local production. My argument is actually that the contractionary monetary policy he mentioned contradicted other things he said, e.g supporting start ups and SME's, spending on regenerative projects, etc.

Obi doesn't know what he is talking about.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by Parachoko: 4:51pm On Sep 06, 2022
kingyakos:

Paddy man no be u be d 1st or d last person wey i dey do give away for after we don insult oursef for online and i no doubt u say weada u be azaman or not, even if i get all d money in the world dat no fit make me doubt or be little any man. No wahala say u no need my aza and big thumps up to u and ur hustle and as for my phone number, u no know me and i no know u too so i no fit give u my phone number.
Cheers...
Nah visit I com visit for Ikoyi sef.

Have a good day man
Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by Whynotthetruth(m): 5:14pm On Sep 06, 2022
bewla:
Thanks for your time and explanation

One thing is theory the other pratical

Many issue have been analysis but when put to test in Nigeria they backfire

Give us a more realistic solution

Soludo and Sanusi implemented a part of what he said during their terms as CBN Governors and it worked tremendously well...

So what's about realistic solution?
Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by bewla(m): 5:18pm On Sep 06, 2022
Whynotthetruth:

Soludo and Sanusi implemented a part of what he said during their terms as CBN Governors and it worked tremendously well...

So what's about realistic solution?
Na Igbo man be cbn governor now he can be pressure to do it now

By his people

Or wait

Am sure the economy team are of competent people
Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by tenpipsperday: 6:25pm On Sep 06, 2022
KillSars:

Yeah, I was told ur dad and mom has the same...

E pain am

Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by waldigit: 6:38pm On Sep 06, 2022
nlfpmod:

https://twitter.com/PeterObi/status/1566527387986182145
We need a short term systemic approach to address Inflation . We need to first settle security like he said but in addition next to that should be food security. The best approach to combat inflation is from supply side. Many shy away from this approach because the think it is a long term process. But agriculture comes to our rescue on this because: 1. It is a common need. 2. It's involves a short term process 3. We have comparative advantage in it. 4. The technology involved is not too complex unlike power or other sectors. If Obi gets in he should get accross he has no problem. We are here for him.
Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by plaindealer: 6:57pm On Sep 06, 2022
This is another reason why Obi is not ready or equipped to administer a primary school and definitely not Nigeria.

This latest foolery reflects the fact that this man either doesn't understand the most basic economic understanding, is very ignorant about our economic situation in Nigeria or he's just as expected, dull, slow learning or just taking Nigeria for a ride.

First, he screamed and yelled about our consumption and that we should be a production and manufacturing economy, then he's on national TV openly boasting that he was the sole importer of consumer goods from Heinz to beer and other rubbish products he littered Nigeria with, the very things and destructive imports that killed our local manufacturing industry.

Now, the same man is contradicting himself with some economic theory he read about but did not fully comprehend how it works when it's used and how.

How do you offer prescriptions to treat the wrong issue? What this man is suggesting is used to slow down a fast-growing economy and a GDP that's growing out of control which at this point it's the opposite for us, our economy and GDP are not growing out of control so this is the wrong prescription, doing what this man suggested means increase interest rates which in turn dries up funds for factories and manufacturers, it means they can not invest or grow their operations, they can not hire and even possibly lay off workers.

Nigerians also won't be able to apply for any kind of loans and if possible at all, they won't be able to sustain the high-interest rates.

If you are going to suggest or come up with ideas, at least reaserch and understand what you are suggesting and advocating because this man sounds so stupid, ignorant and unintelligent.

Every time he opens his mouth, he's either lying or saying something very dumb and stupid.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by misano(m): 7:36pm On Sep 06, 2022
aribs:

Please explain to me how contracting monetary supply is the major way this candidate has determined to fight inflation. Do you think in your estimation that there is excess liquidity in the present nigeria economy ? You mean there is too much money money circulating right now ?

The CBN is printing money for Federal Government. That will to lead to inflation. And to control inflation you will need to reduce money in circulation.
Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by jahrule: 9:08pm On Sep 06, 2022
fiizznation:
God bless you for this. Everyday, Mr Obi just exposes himself as a very clueless person. I won't be surprised if he actually doesn't understand what he even tweeted. Developing countries have no business in contracting their economy. It doesn't even make any sense.
don't bother yourself too much, he graduated with a pass, and he is already exhibiting the class of his degree. Many Nigerian youth are dumb, they only follow who talk more. Once you are eloquent, most of them see you as been intelligent, especially when those dumb celebrities canvas or route for a candidate, most Nigerian youths won't take time to analyse or dissect what is being said. I have always picked holes whenever Obi speaks, but most people are carried away because he is acting smart by always quoting statistics, and regurgitates already known Nigeria problems without providing any clear-cut strategies on how to tackle them

2 Likes

Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by aribs(m): 9:35pm On Sep 06, 2022
misano:

The CBN is printing money for Federal Government. That will to lead to inflation. And to control inflation you will need to reduce money in circulation.
And in your estimation you think unbridled printing of money is the only cause of this inflation? Simple definition of inflation of the demand pull type is too much money chasing too few goods right ? In your estimation since we don’t produce enough how will mopping up those funds address the root cause of our own type of inflation ( which certainly isn’t demand pull)?

1 Like

Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by DimIsaac10(m): 9:38pm On Sep 06, 2022
This man is really a motivational speaker.
Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by Wizmj4real(m): 12:00am On Sep 07, 2022
rusher14:

After you've learnt to use punctuations.

Olodo
Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by Haywhy3579: 12:09am On Sep 07, 2022
emmyloved:
funny!
Are you graduate? If yes, what did you graduate with?
My dear it's not about degree.
Haven't you heard of a young man by the name Mustapha Gajibo who was a school drop out who eventually became Nigeria first man to create an electric bus.
My oga but why is he suddenly becomes genius. We have known him all this while and nobody ever saw a sign of genius in him until during this presidential campaign that some tribe just suddenly turn him to massaire.
Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by emmyloved(m): 3:50am On Sep 07, 2022
So what is your point?
Haywhy3579:

My oga but why is he suddenly becomes genius. We have known him all this while and nobody ever saw a sign of genius in him until during this presidential campaign that some tribe just suddenly turn him to massaire.
Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by Idiko1: 5:37am On Sep 07, 2022
fiizznation:
There is nothing fantastic about what he said. The man when to USA and heard about contractionary monetary policy (a kind of macroeconomic tool) that the USA adopt for their federal reserve, and boom, the man(obi) just assumed that such policy can work for Nigeria.

What works for A is not likely to work for B. There is a big difference between an economist who understands every dynamism of both micro/macro economics with someone who is a trader.

It is fair to say your Thiefunbu or Atokumbo is neither economist nor a trader.
Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by Thomas464: 1:25pm On Sep 07, 2022
jerseyboy:
OBI HAS NO IDEA WHAT HE HAS JUST SAID

Perhaps it's you who doesn't understand! A world class economist you're trying to contradict because of your bias mindset.
Leave sentiments apart.
Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by Thomas464: 1:28pm On Sep 07, 2022
Idiko1:

It is fair to say your Thiefunbu or Atokumbo is neither economist nor a trader.

If it can work there why can't it work here? If not for the fact that the criminals we have in government do not want to do the right, we won't be where we're today. They only travel for leisure and pleasure and not for learning. They know what they're supposed to do but they refused doing it rather they complicate things making us feel its impossible to achieve
Re: I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi by Nobody: 11:39pm On Sep 07, 2022
Like you used it during your tenure as governor in Anambra, pack all the money and keep with you abi?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

‘I Won’t Reply Idiots In Democracy’ – Ahmad Gumi On Calls For His Arrest / COP28: Seyi Tinubu, Stewards, Chefs, Cooks Among Nigerian Delegation / Lagos: Police Seal NLC Office ahead of planned nationwide protest - SR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.