Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

Contractionary Monetary Policy Cannot Solve The Problem Of Inflation In Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Contractionary Monetary Policy Cannot Solve The Problem Of Inflation In Nigeria (1345 Views)

12 Members Of The CBN’s Monetary Policy Committee (Full List) / Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy / I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Contractionary Monetary Policy Cannot Solve The Problem Of Inflation In Nigeria by Betanaija42moro: 10:16am On Sep 06, 2022
kahal29:

I am not saying Obi is not the best choice rather am only analysing his policy prescription to the Problem of Inflation in Nigeria to see how workable it is in our present day Nigeria.

Remember, His mantra is taking Nigeria from consumption to production. So what ever policy he is bringing onboard should be in addition to increased production.

Once Nigeria becomes a producing nation, at least 70% of our problems are solved.
Re: Contractionary Monetary Policy Cannot Solve The Problem Of Inflation In Nigeria by mycar: 11:22am On Sep 06, 2022
kahal29:

Those other factors would Infact conflict with his contractionary monetary policy. This is because contractionary monetary policy simply means increasing interest rate to reduce inflation which in turn reduces Investment and production of goods and services, kills businesses especially SME, creates unemployment, stifle economic growth and finally worsens the incidence of poverty.
Your own interpretation is false, it is the other way round. kindly get your facts right.
Re: Contractionary Monetary Policy Cannot Solve The Problem Of Inflation In Nigeria by abiodun172: 11:51am On Sep 06, 2022
Like i said i only picked his policy recommendation on inflation cos those others are not directly related to the Problem of Inflation in Nigeria.Like i said i only picked his policy recommendation on inflation cos those others are not directly related to the Problem of Inflation in Nigeria....
Re: Contractionary Monetary Policy Cannot Solve The Problem Of Inflation In Nigeria by Kingspin(m): 3:07pm On Sep 06, 2022
blackpanda:

You have not said anything really. Just generalized comments. Create good environment how?? Restore confidence how You talk like there's a special button Peter Obi has to turn Nigeria to eldorado. PO only tells u what u like to hear, he has no solutions
You are behaving like old politicians. Tell us
Who has the solution?
Re: Contractionary Monetary Policy Cannot Solve The Problem Of Inflation In Nigeria by blackpanda: 2:50pm On Sep 07, 2022
Kingspin:
You are behaving like old politicians. Tell us
Who has the solution?

you

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu Cancels Appearance On The Candidate With Kadaria Ahmed / Peter Obi Has Stolen Atiku Traditional Northern Voters. PDP PCC Lament / History Beckons: Posterity Will Judge Anyone That Fail To Vote For Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.