Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,742 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Remi Tinubu: Social Media Doesn’t Dictate Ordination, Says RCCG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Remi Tinubu: Social Media Doesn’t Dictate Ordination, Says RCCG (1284 Views)

Peter Obi: Why Tinubu's Social Media Defenders Have Disappeared?- Farook Kperogi / PANDEF, Afenifere, Ohanaeze, Middle Belt To North: You Can’t Dictate To Us / Remi Tinubu's Ordination As RCCG Pastor, APC Plot To Capture Christians For 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Remi Tinubu: Social Media Doesn’t Dictate Ordination, Says RCCG by swaggerjack: 2:54am On Sep 06, 2022
The Redeemed Christian Church of God has faulted social media comments questioning its ordination of Senator Remi Tinubu as a pastor.

Mixed reactions have trailed a video showing the Senator representing Lagos Central at the National Assembly talking about the Igbo and their alleged refusal to align with Lagos’ local politics.

According to the wife of the former governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, the Igbo residing in the state “were proving difficult despite the love shown to them”.

She said, “We will entreat all the deities of Lagos to chase Igbo people out. Igbo who didn’t marry Yoruba, we will inherit them. Given how much we love Igbo, you now want to spoil everything.

“You are not the only tribe in this place, Hausa are here, we accommodate them, Calabar are here, we accommodate them. But Igbo are proving difficult. We will inherit you.

“Despite the love we have for you… others are here and we accommodated them.”

While reacting, Twitter users were divided over the tone and meaning of her comment.

One Twitter user, @BadmusAdeyemi12, said, “She was just joking in the video. She didn’t mean what she was saying. That could be seen in her gesture.”

On his part, @4eyedmonk said, “…How can you say Remi Tinubu hates Igbo when in the same video she said, ‘Pelu ba she nife yin to,’ meaning, ‘considering how much we love you “Igbo?'”

Related News
Explosion not in Redemption City - RCCG
What happened between Tinubu's wife, me – Dele Momodu
Three RCCG worshipers die, 13 injured in accident
However, some tweeps couldn’t believe that a pastor of the RCCG could be uttering such words, especially in public.

@Nwafresh said, “For the fact that Remi Tinubu is an ordained pastor in RCCG and still maintains her position after different hateful videos against the Igbo makes me understand why the Bible said that judgment will start from the house of God. Remi is an Antichrist.”

@drpenking said, “Sometimes I wish RCCG were like Jehovah’s Witnesses. You can’t consistently bring the image of the church into disrepute. They’ll disfellowship you no matter who you are and they’ll shun you like a leper. Remi Tinubu has dealt with RCCG‘s image so much.”

@mavisikpeme said, “So Remi Tinubu is really a pastor in RCCG? Those vile and hateful words cannot come from a servant of God. Must be a clone.”

@Oluomoofderby said, “How on earth is Remi Tinubu a pastor in RCCG? I honestly don’t get it. In saner climes, she would have resigned from the senate and kicked out of her political party.”

When The PUNCH reached out to the RCCG Head of Media and Public Relations, Pastor Olaitan Olubiyi, he said the church was not aware of the video.

“We are not aware(of the video) and I’m sure Remi Tinubu was not speaking as a pastor of the Redeemed Christian Church of God,” Olubiyi said.

Reacting to the comments questioning Tinubu’s ordination, he said, “I’m not in a position to answer that because the church knows what it considers before ordination and social media does not dictate to the church what the church should do. She has her life.”[s][/s]

https://punchng.com/tinubu-social-media-doesnt-dictate-ordination-says-rccg/
Re: Remi Tinubu: Social Media Doesn’t Dictate Ordination, Says RCCG by swaggerjack: 2:54am On Sep 06, 2022
RCCG has brought itself into disrepute.

1 Like

Re: Remi Tinubu: Social Media Doesn’t Dictate Ordination, Says RCCG by NaijaRoyalty(m): 2:59am On Sep 06, 2022
Remi Tinubu is a disgrace to the RCCG

She called herself a pastor yet talks like a tout

Na your papa get Lagos ?

I remember how she tried to smart dino malaye and insulted senator smart adeyemi

Nigerians will suffer if her husband becomes president

5 Likes

Re: Remi Tinubu: Social Media Doesn’t Dictate Ordination, Says RCCG by Fkmodhi: 3:00am On Sep 06, 2022
RCCG at it again...
Re: Remi Tinubu: Social Media Doesn’t Dictate Ordination, Says RCCG by swaggerjack: 3:01am On Sep 06, 2022
Frontpage Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Dominique, Seun, Justwise
Re: Remi Tinubu: Social Media Doesn’t Dictate Ordination, Says RCCG by Nobody: 3:02am On Sep 06, 2022
Such a flawed response by RCCG... how do you say, an Organization is not responsible for the public conduct of its members which indirectly portrays what the organization stands for to the public... a better response should have been "we would get back to you".

The statement leaves a sour taste that gives the opinion "all animals are equal, but some are more equal than others"...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remi Tinubu: Social Media Doesn’t Dictate Ordination, Says RCCG by swaggerjack: 3:49am On Sep 06, 2022
Esseite:
Such a flawed response by RCCG... how do you say, an Organization is not responsible for the public conduct of its members which indirectly portrays what the organization stands for to the public... a better response should have been "we would get back to you".

The statement leaves a sour taste that gives the opinion "all animals are equal, but some are more equal than others"...

shocked
Re: Remi Tinubu: Social Media Doesn’t Dictate Ordination, Says RCCG by swaggerjack: 4:09am On Sep 06, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:
Remi Tinubu is a disgrace to the RCCG

She called herself a pastor yet talks like a tout

Na your papa get Lagos ?

I remember how she tried to smart dino malaye and insulted senator smart adeyemi

Nigerians will suffer if her husband becomes president
cry
Re: Remi Tinubu: Social Media Doesn’t Dictate Ordination, Says RCCG by Tallesty1(m): 4:11am On Sep 06, 2022
Nigeria is the only country in the world where citizens are being accommodated in their country and Yoruba is the only tribe doing it.

Nonsense

6 Likes

Re: Remi Tinubu: Social Media Doesn’t Dictate Ordination, Says RCCG by swaggerjack: 4:16am On Sep 06, 2022
Tallesty1:
Nigeria is the only country in the world where citizens are being accommodated in their country and Yoruba is the only tribe doing it.

Nonsense
Speak english
Re: Remi Tinubu: Social Media Doesn’t Dictate Ordination, Says RCCG by derecho(m): 4:21am On Sep 06, 2022
Remi is Tinubu masquerading in RCCG

2 Likes

Re: Remi Tinubu: Social Media Doesn’t Dictate Ordination, Says RCCG by SmartPolician: 4:54am On Sep 06, 2022
Isn't it the same RCCG that makes lawyers who are known to be pathological liars their pastors?

A very good example is Yemi Osinbajo, who is a lawyer by profession and a pastor of RCCG.

These Pentecostal churches are taking the holiness of the Body of Christ for granted.
Re: Remi Tinubu: Social Media Doesn’t Dictate Ordination, Says RCCG by Laggafin: 5:54am On Sep 06, 2022
No wonder Muslims don't trust Tinubu cuz everything about him and around him is highly controversial grin

1 Like

Re: Remi Tinubu: Social Media Doesn’t Dictate Ordination, Says RCCG by Jflex07(m): 6:13am On Sep 06, 2022
Fake Church, Fake pastor.. I used to attend RCCG until their GO foisted a known bigot like buhari on us.. Judgement will definitely start from the church..
Re: Remi Tinubu: Social Media Doesn’t Dictate Ordination, Says RCCG by Olojuobinrin(m): 6:35am On Sep 06, 2022
To all my Igbo friends, I will inherit your wives if and chase you out if you misbehave in Yorubaland .
Sam ,Chihioke, Moses Okocha and the rest of you , don’t misbehave o grin

1 Like

Re: Remi Tinubu: Social Media Doesn’t Dictate Ordination, Says RCCG by derecho(m): 6:42am On Sep 06, 2022
He didn't foist Buhari on the church but many gullible members followed APC pastors in the church
Jflex07:
Fake Church, Fake pastor.. I used to attend RCCG until their GO foisted a known bigot like buhari on us.. Judgement will definitely start from the church..
Re: Remi Tinubu: Social Media Doesn’t Dictate Ordination, Says RCCG by rusher14: 6:51am On Sep 06, 2022
Tallesty1:

Nonsense

Okpaleke from Anambra was rejected in Imo.
Re: Remi Tinubu: Social Media Doesn’t Dictate Ordination, Says RCCG by Nobody: 6:51am On Sep 06, 2022
Tallesty1:

Nonsense

Why don't you allow them create their own country ? Let them go to their BIAFRA
Re: Remi Tinubu: Social Media Doesn’t Dictate Ordination, Says RCCG by epondudu: 6:59am On Sep 06, 2022
If you have watched the video and you understand the Yoruba language, if you believe she is not joking in that video then you are ludicrously dumb, you need to visit a special school for stupidity.
This lady is just joking but because of the hate and disgust from a section of this country, they have started attacking her. I can imagine if she happens to be a MUSLIM.

2 Likes

Re: Remi Tinubu: Social Media Doesn’t Dictate Ordination, Says RCCG by mach7(m): 7:16am On Sep 06, 2022
So the next thing is to cancel her in the Church right?

Children of hate, why are you so full of hate?

With the way things are going, and until Nigeria probably ceases to exist, it is going to be hard for anyone of you to ascend the Presidency of Nigeria.

Your hatred for other tribes is legendary, but you forget that you cannot achieve what you want without the support of those same tribes.
Re: Remi Tinubu: Social Media Doesn’t Dictate Ordination, Says RCCG by Oracleforce: 7:26am On Sep 06, 2022
All of these are because of the presidential election...

Bible and Quran say, let him that hath no. sin throw the first stone....

Every title in the church is an official appointment...but what you do with it makes you accepted or rejected by God...

Some decadence in the church is been publicly revealed gradually right in Papa Adeboye's eye...

God will help the church.
Re: Remi Tinubu: Social Media Doesn’t Dictate Ordination, Says RCCG by 2023official: 7:33am On Sep 06, 2022
Game of interest.
That's politics for you, and politics began in the Church.

Re: Remi Tinubu: Social Media Doesn’t Dictate Ordination, Says RCCG by agadez007(m): 7:33am On Sep 06, 2022
When I see that woman,this picture what comes to my mind
She would do worst than Jezebel

1 Like

Re: Remi Tinubu: Social Media Doesn’t Dictate Ordination, Says RCCG by Oracleforce: 7:33am On Sep 06, 2022
epondudu:
If you have watched the video and you understand the Yoruba language, if you believe she is not joking in that video then you are ludicrously dumb, you need to visit a special school for stupidity.
This lady is just joking but because of the hate and disgust from a section of this country, they have started attacking her. I can imagine if she happens to be a MUSLIM.

As a worldly person, the comment can be counted as a joke...but as a born-again and title holder in the church...such words shouldn't be uttered. ...
Bible says, "let no corrupt communication comes out of your mouth...but that which is good and that will edify the hearers... "
Now, show me any part of the comments in that video that edifies the hearer or the southeast tribe...

Christian culture is unique...it is either you accept or keep going in your worldly ways...

I
Re: Remi Tinubu: Social Media Doesn’t Dictate Ordination, Says RCCG by kelvinginzie: 7:58am On Sep 06, 2022
epondudu:

Joke my foot .
Out of the abundance of the heart ,the mouth speaketh.
She said her mind in a "jokingly" manner

1 Like

Re: Remi Tinubu: Social Media Doesn’t Dictate Ordination, Says RCCG by Igbodicool(m): 8:05am On Sep 06, 2022
Chukwu Igbo pass Remi Tinubu and her quack Yoruba deities.

As for the forth coming election, we wait them for Lagos.
No shí shí vote for them from us, only rantings and nothing they can do about it!
Re: Remi Tinubu: Social Media Doesn’t Dictate Ordination, Says RCCG by swaggerjack: 8:17am On Sep 06, 2022
agadez007:
When I see that woman,this picture what comes to my mind
She would do worst than Jezebel
100%
Re: Remi Tinubu: Social Media Doesn’t Dictate Ordination, Says RCCG by omoharry(f): 8:36am On Sep 06, 2022
Pastor of redeem talking about invoking dirties !!! Such words should not emanate from the mouth of a pastor ,either joking or not .
Re: Remi Tinubu: Social Media Doesn’t Dictate Ordination, Says RCCG by Josepin: 11:08am On Sep 06, 2022
Exactly
Re: Remi Tinubu: Social Media Doesn’t Dictate Ordination, Says RCCG by naijaseeker: 12:09pm On Sep 07, 2022
epondudu:

Only in Nigeria will a Senator joke with such a sensitive matter. Let me joke with you. Your mother's cunt smells
Re: Remi Tinubu: Social Media Doesn’t Dictate Ordination, Says RCCG by epondudu: 8:14pm On Sep 07, 2022
naijaseeker:

Only in Nigeria will a Senator joke with such a sensitive matter. Let me joke with you. My mother's cunt smells
Why say such to your mother? Anyways I came from the most respected tribe and we were taught to respect our elders I am from Ómó kááró o ojiré, we don't use karate to say good morning to our parents, this shows how you treat your mother.[b]grin
[/b]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Offical Profile Of The New Osun State Governor, Senator Ademola Jackson Nurudeen / Wike Claim Responsibility For Assassination Attempt On Atiku Campaign Chairman / Lagos State Government Unable To Pay Salary As Expected

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.