Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,754 members, 7,955,867 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:24 PM

Why Strategy And Not Tactics? A Tale From 2500 Years Ago. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Strategy And Not Tactics? A Tale From 2500 Years Ago. (170 Views)

Dangote’s Business Tactics Harmful To Nigerian Economy - U.S (Wikileak 2010) / Wale Jana Shows His 3 Mercedes Benz: "3 Years Ago, I Didn't Have Car" / Scammers New Tactics (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Strategy And Not Tactics? A Tale From 2500 Years Ago. by kryptosomnic(m): 9:55am On Sep 06, 2022
Why Strategy and not tactics? A tale from 2500 years ago.

Earlier this year, I received a surprising text from a colleague.

He was like, “I got this from you.”

ME: What?

***proceeds to send me a message from 2500 years ago.

From Chinese Philosopher Sun Tzu.

It says, “Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without Strategy is the noise before defeat.”

Oh, this is from 2020.

So, I asked, “Are you a student of strategy or tactics?”

HIM: TACTICS!
ME: Are you sure?
HIM: No reply

***some minutes later, he was back.

Him: I choose Strategy.
Me: Why?

Because…

Strategy defines the long-term goal we are trying to achieve.

While tactics are the individual steps required to achieve the goal.

Make Sense.

So, I'm going to ask you.

Are you a student of Strategy or tactics?

(1) (Reply)

Land Banking - An Investment In Real Estate World. (surest Assurance) / Sell Gift Cards For As High As 471₦/$ And Funds Higher / Foreign Baby COT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.