Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Tech Career Advice For A Nairalander - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Tech Career Advice For A Nairalander (1427 Views)

I Want To Start A Tech Career On AWS Cloud Computing / Please I Need Career Advice! / [Advice] For New Programmers, what server-Side Programming Language Is The Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tech Career Advice For A Nairalander by coolerz: 3:54pm On Sep 06, 2022
Hello Nairalander, hope we are all doing good?
I have intentions to relocate to the US in a couple of months to a year, i have a little background in IT with plans to take an IT course that could help me get a decent job here in nigeria and when I eventually relocate abroad. I have some options below please Local and international IT experts in the house can you help me make a choice and advice me right.
Thank You

1. Data Analytics/ Data Science
2. Web Development
3. Block Chain Technology
4. Business Analysis
5. Cloud Computing
6. Cyber Security
7. Software Development
8. Digital Marketing
Re: Tech Career Advice For A Nairalander by qtguru(m): 3:56pm On Sep 06, 2022

Cloud computing is a very good skill for the future. I'd say Block chain but I don't have domain there

2 Likes

Re: Tech Career Advice For A Nairalander by Kvngfrosh(m): 4:26pm On Sep 06, 2022
qtguru:

Cloud computing is a very good skill for the future. I'd say Block chain but I don't have domain there
Number 2 nko ?
Re: Tech Career Advice For A Nairalander by qtguru(m): 4:44pm On Sep 06, 2022
Kvngfrosh:
Number 2 nko ?

Saturated

1 Like

Re: Tech Career Advice For A Nairalander by SavageBoy: 4:45pm On Sep 06, 2022
Chief pick anyone and start, they are all good. With time you'll sort yourself out.
Re: Tech Career Advice For A Nairalander by stanliwise(m): 6:52pm On Sep 06, 2022
coolerz:
I have intentions to relocate to the US in a couple of months to a year, i have a little background in IT with plans to take an IT course that could help me get a decent job here in nigeria and when I eventually relocate abroad. I have some options below please Local and international IT experts in the house can you help me make a choice and advice me right.
Thank You

2. Web Development
4. Business Analysis
5. Cloud Computing
6. Cyber Security
7. Software Development
8. Digital Marketing
Everything is hot as we speak now.

But 3, 5 and 6.
They are rising and only senior roles are available locally.

But for 8 you need loads of experience to cash out big.

At the end of the day, it is not cool for anyone to tell you which to do. It never fits it.

Do a fundamental in two of three of them at a go and pick for yourself. You will excel in anyone you are willing to go extra mile for

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tech Career Advice For A Nairalander by coolerz: 8:13pm On Sep 08, 2022
Thanks for all the responses I would appreciate more opinions. Thanks
Re: Tech Career Advice For A Nairalander by SavageBoy: 9:06pm On Sep 08, 2022
coolerz:

You're not yet ready to get into tech
Re: Tech Career Advice For A Nairalander by qtguru(m): 9:13am On Sep 09, 2022
coolerz:

Did you research all the fields ?
Re: Tech Career Advice For A Nairalander by Nobody: 11:51am On Sep 09, 2022
Marry 3

U won't regret
Re: Tech Career Advice For A Nairalander by Johnmattee(m): 2:02pm On Sep 09, 2022
2 na waste of time?
Re: Tech Career Advice For A Nairalander by Millz404(m): 2:33pm On Sep 09, 2022
Ignore those wordpress/crud/calculator/todo people up there telling you to ignore web development. Start from there and build up to the next thing you will figure out along the line.

A good knowledge of webdev will project you easily to other fields you may take interest in.

But if you want to go back and forth with no direction, carry on.
Re: Tech Career Advice For A Nairalander by coolerz: 10:03am On Sep 10, 2022
qtguru:

Did you research all the fields ?

I researched a few?
Re: Tech Career Advice For A Nairalander by coolerz: 10:05am On Sep 10, 2022
SavageBoy:

You're not yet ready to get into tech

How did you reach that conclusion?
Re: Tech Career Advice For A Nairalander by BigDawsNet: 7:23pm On Sep 10, 2022
coolerz:
Thank You

2. Web Development
4. Business Analysis
5. Cloud Computing
6. Cyber Security
7. Software Development
8. Digital Marketing

Product design

It pretty easy
Very lucrative
It won't stress you
You will enjoy handling the projects
The more you design the more you become pro

Here is a simple design.. took just 2hrs+

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tech Career Advice For A Nairalander by Millerules(m): 3:59pm On Sep 11, 2022
It's your choice to make nobody can practically help you with that.

I'll advice you start with Software Development (if you're good at it, you're good). You can then focus on deploying Software solutions in the cloud (i.e Cloud Computing) and try getting DevOps knowledge alongside.

1 Like

Re: Tech Career Advice For A Nairalander by ZiiVentures: 6:04pm On Sep 11, 2022
My stupid advice is this, if you're moving to Yankee, bro, bro just go with Databases, Data Science (AI) and Cloud Development.
Re: Tech Career Advice For A Nairalander by Fourpockets: 6:36pm On Sep 11, 2022
Millz404:
Ignore those wordpress/crud/calculator/todo people up there telling you to ignore web development. Start from there and build up to the next thing you will figure out along the line.

A good knowledge of webdev will project you easily to other fields you may take interest in.

But if you want to go back and forth with no direction, carry on.

Exactly, with web dev, you can have a solid foundation and easily move into other fields. Plus you can actually make money easier
Re: Tech Career Advice For A Nairalander by Immunity1555: 3:11pm On Sep 12, 2022
coolerz:
Thank You

2. Web Development
4. Business Analysis
5. Cloud Computing
6. Cyber Security
7. Software Development
8. Digital Marketing

YOU CAN CHECK THIS YOURSELF
Do Not Delay Your Dreams any longer!
Learn some Tech skills today that will land you a high-paying role in any part of the world.
From Beginner Stage, to Intermediate Stage and Advanced Stage.
All the Stages (Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced) are well structured. You will be assign to a well-trained and experienced Facilitators and Mentors that would guide you from one Stage to Another, where you will learn skill, gain experience and gain exposure. You will be working with real-life projects, you can get paid while learning the skills, you will also be linked with international career packaging and work with Global start-up.
There's a better internet service and co-working space.
We have the following learning paths(from Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced) that you can choose: Project Management, Frontend Development/Mobile App, Backend,Ui/Ux, Digital Marketing, Graphic Design, Devops/Cloud Dev, MySQL, PHP, Phyton and many more.
All that can be archieve at Bincom Global Tech Program.
To learn more and register,click this link:https://www.bincom.net/globaltech
Re: Tech Career Advice For A Nairalander by CloudPlexo: 3:20pm On Sep 15, 2022
Cloud Computing for sure!

You can start with AWS Fundamental courses that require zero to no prior tech background.

Worldwide end-user spending on public cloud services is forecast to grow 20.4% in 2022 to total $494.7 billion, up from $410.9 billion in 2021, according to the latest forecast from Gartner, Inc.

The Amazon AWS Cloud Framework controls a whooping 33% of the entire cloud infrastructure market, and has become the most popular vendor in the cloud infrastructure service market, according to Statista.com

You definitely want to begin your tech career with the AWS Cloud Practitioner course

1 Like

Re: Tech Career Advice For A Nairalander by ChemicalReaction(f): 1:47pm On Feb 06, 2023
CloudPlexo:
Cloud Computing for sure!

You can start with AWS Fundamental courses that require zero to no prior tech background.

Worldwide end-user spending on public cloud services is forecast to grow 20.4% in 2022 to total $494.7 billion, up from $410.9 billion in 2021, according to the latest forecast from Gartner, Inc.

The Amazon AWS Cloud Framework controls a whooping 33% of the entire cloud infrastructure market, and has become the most popular vendor in the cloud infrastructure service market, according to Statista.com

You definitely want to begin your tech career with the AWS Cloud Practitioner course

Good day.

You seem to have vast knowledge on AWS.

I wrote my CPP October last year and passed. This year, I decided to try Azure fundamentals too.

Do you think I'm on track with zero knowledge of any programming language?

Are there any resources you can point me to if I want to pursue a career in Cloud Computing?

Thanks a lot.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Networking / Can Someone Kindly Help Me Correct This Error / Help On Android Internal Storage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.