Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

60 African Startups Receive $4 Million Equity-Free Funding From Google - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / 60 African Startups Receive $4 Million Equity-Free Funding From Google (12830 Views)

Binance And CEO ‘CZ’ Plead Guilty To Federal Charges, Agree To Pay $4.3B Fine / Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion / N-SIP Initiative: FG Introduces Free Funding & Training For Nigerian Businesses (2) (3) (4)

Re: 60 African Startups Receive $4 Million Equity-Free Funding From Google by Eyanbahose: 9:23pm On Sep 06, 2022
BigYash:
Just wait to see if good government will replace this present one.. Cux doing business under this government is hell,except you're a politician or you're related to one.. Only then you won't feel the heat much.. Searching for partners.... You can talk to some of your friends about your ideas, some might be interested in working with you..
I have almost launched an idea with a close friend, I even brought money out, yet we didn't go past the website stage. Tried with another friend on his idea but he was being to clingy to his idea to want anybody to work with him on it, till now he hasn't done anything.

For the first comment, I think you have a point but I think it depends on the kind of business sha, government won't clamp down on all businesses

Re: 60 African Startups Receive $4 Million Equity-Free Funding From Google by owolabi5: 9:24pm On Sep 06, 2022
CAR PAPERS
Re: 60 African Startups Receive $4 Million Equity-Free Funding From Google by Nosayer: 9:32pm On Sep 06, 2022
Out of 60, 23 are from Nigerians

So much coming from a generation that is greatly deprived of 21st century benefits

Re: 60 African Startups Receive $4 Million Equity-Free Funding From Google by Thomsonkeith342: 9:33pm On Sep 06, 2022
Is alright
Re: 60 African Startups Receive $4 Million Equity-Free Funding From Google by Doorlarss(m): 9:43pm On Sep 06, 2022
Awesome update
Re: 60 African Startups Receive $4 Million Equity-Free Funding From Google by sonature1: 9:53pm On Sep 06, 2022
OSUigboFlatHead:
Thank God!

I got 75 m for my business

You know you don't have to comment when you don't have something meaningful to say.

Re: 60 African Startups Receive $4 Million Equity-Free Funding From Google by AllDModsAreMaad: 9:55pm On Sep 06, 2022
How can one put in for such grant because I have better ideas, honestly!

Most of these ideas have come across my mind at one point or the other.
Re: 60 African Startups Receive $4 Million Equity-Free Funding From Google by AllDModsAreMaad: 9:59pm On Sep 06, 2022
Eyanbahose:
I have almost launched an idea with a close friend, I even brought money out, yet we didn't go past the website stage. Tried with another friend on his idea but he was being to clingy to his idea to want anybody to work with him on it, till now he hasn't done anything.

For the first comment, I think you have a point but I think it depends on the kind of business sha, government won't clamp down on all businesses

I once had an idea that needed an app, so I shared it with my gf then(now ex), babe said she will work on that before we separated due to distance.

The idea is still there but I don't have such time or friend who is good in app building that could run that for me.
Re: 60 African Startups Receive $4 Million Equity-Free Funding From Google by ZombieSlayer1: 10:06pm On Sep 06, 2022
Eyanbahose:
they will spend on ads later ba?
and the funding given to them isn't even raw cash, it's Google Credit which they can use to pay for Google products
Re: 60 African Startups Receive $4 Million Equity-Free Funding From Google by TheRareGem1(f): 10:11pm On Sep 06, 2022
Osinbajo's visit to silicon valley a few years ago is still yielding fruitful fruit
Re: 60 African Startups Receive $4 Million Equity-Free Funding From Google by diesel86: 10:19pm On Sep 06, 2022
I am concerned businesses that would really drive growth in Africa are not supported, I can not see any ENERGY related business there (You can agree with me this is a problem of almost 70% of businesses on the continent). All this Financial, Health and Ecommerce solution is just barely scratching the surface.

Support businesses that are focused on alternative energy and real manufacturing, then I know they really want to help angry
Re: 60 African Startups Receive $4 Million Equity-Free Funding From Google by Fearyourcreator: 10:23pm On Sep 06, 2022
Allison012:
Abeg make our govt no kill this startups. good to see nigeria raking more position on this.remain for government to provide an enabling environment for them to strive.
Government kill them na why google see them
Re: 60 African Startups Receive $4 Million Equity-Free Funding From Google by Philipmaxwell: 1:04am On Sep 07, 2022
Cutehector:
Brastorne Botswana Brastorne enables rural villages to have access to the digital world without smartphones or data.

lipsrsealed
The thing weak me
Re: 60 African Startups Receive $4 Million Equity-Free Funding From Google by LajaLaba: 1:17am On Sep 07, 2022
BigYash:
Just wait to see if good government will replace this present one.. Cux doing business under this government is hell,except you're a politician or you're related to one.. Only then you won't feel the heat much.. Searching for partners.... You can talk to some of your friends about your ideas, some might be interested in working with you..
Good government?u go wait tire
Re: 60 African Startups Receive $4 Million Equity-Free Funding From Google by IbadeHQ: 1:50am On Sep 07, 2022
Eyanbahose:
funny thing is I have thought about about 2 ideas on this list that I never executed.

The Gamr own, I thought about that when I was in Orange academy with some classmates.

The Haul 247 own, I've always had that in mind to do cos I've done some middle man kinda gig for something around that where I would always have to look for trucks for manufacturers. I was like why not have them at one place so people can look for any available truck with ease.

My head, na idea full am but no better business partner to execute with cry

Bros, same here.
Re: 60 African Startups Receive $4 Million Equity-Free Funding From Google by Yankee101: 3:00am On Sep 07, 2022
Nice one
Tech is the new oil and gas
Re: 60 African Startups Receive $4 Million Equity-Free Funding From Google by Cutehector(m): 4:36am On Sep 07, 2022
RepoMan007:
you don't get it?
i didnt say anything ooo.. I just copied and pasted. cheesy
Re: 60 African Startups Receive $4 Million Equity-Free Funding From Google by captainamiedi1: 5:14am On Sep 07, 2022
Eyanbahose:
funny thing is I have thought about about 2 ideas on this list that I never executed.

The Gamr own, I thought about that when I was in Orange academy with some classmates.

The Haul 247 own, I've always had that in mind to do cos I've done some middle man kinda gig for something around that where I would always have to look for trucks for manufacturers. I was like why not have them at one place so people can look for any available truck with ease.

My head, na idea full am but no better business partner to execute with cry

Na you mess up. If you have a great idea, talk to people search for people and sell your idea to them. Offer them co-founders position or make them shareholders. With these, you don't have to spend much
Re: 60 African Startups Receive $4 Million Equity-Free Funding From Google by Eyanbahose: 6:46am On Sep 07, 2022
captainamiedi1:

Na you mess up. If you have a great idea, talk to people search for people and sell your idea to them. Offer them co-founders position or make them shareholders. With these, you don't have to spend much
this is true. Well, say them don do am no mean say I no fit be their competitor
Re: 60 African Startups Receive $4 Million Equity-Free Funding From Google by Eyanbahose: 6:48am On Sep 07, 2022
AllDModsAreMaad:

I once had an idea that needed an app, so I shared it with my gf then(now ex), babe said she will work on that before we separated due to distance.

The idea is still there but I don't have such time or friend who is good in app building that could run that for me.
Getting engineers no hard. Search tech events on Eventbrite and attend. Network with them and you're good
Re: 60 African Startups Receive $4 Million Equity-Free Funding From Google by Eyanbahose: 6:49am On Sep 07, 2022
ZombieSlayer1:

and the funding given to them isn't even raw cash, it's Google Credit which they can use to pay for Google products
are you sure?
Re: 60 African Startups Receive $4 Million Equity-Free Funding From Google by ZombieSlayer1: 9:50am On Sep 07, 2022
Eyanbahose:
are you sure?
Yes, it's there on the post. It's actually good though, $5000k ads credit can help a business to blow
Re: 60 African Startups Receive $4 Million Equity-Free Funding From Google by Missionaire: 10:55am On Sep 07, 2022
diesel86:
I am concerned businesses that would really drive growth in Africa are not supported, I can not see any ENERGY related business there (You can agree with me this is a problem of almost 70% of businesses on the continent). All this Financial, Health and Ecommerce solution is just barely scratching the surface.

Support businesses that are focused on alternative energy and real manufacturing, then I know they really want to help angry
Re: 60 African Startups Receive $4 Million Equity-Free Funding From Google by hahn(m): 12:31pm On Sep 07, 2022
Cutehector:
Brastorne Botswana Brastorne enables rural villages to have access to the digital world without smartphones or data.

lipsrsealed

Using spiritual technology wink
Re: 60 African Startups Receive $4 Million Equity-Free Funding From Google by fxexperts: 1:18pm On Sep 07, 2022
IbileIfe:
Google has only invested in the startups to make them customers for life.
Invest $4million to gain $4billion in the long term
Alphabet and Meta don't invest in the African startups that can become their potential rivals.
If it is you. will you invest in a business that will kick you off the market. Let me rephrase that, will you empower a thief that want to come to your house to kill you and your children. All these Nigerians self. You guys think you are wiser than everyone else.

diesel86:

See this Joker no 2. Them hold your papa make he nor help. Ungrateful lots.
Re: 60 African Startups Receive $4 Million Equity-Free Funding From Google by Cutehector(m): 2:17pm On Sep 07, 2022
hahn:

Using spiritual technology wink
lmao.
Re: 60 African Startups Receive $4 Million Equity-Free Funding From Google by Aidejay(m): 2:40pm On Sep 07, 2022
See As The Thread Dey Scanty.

Wetin Concern Nairalands With Tech Startups And Advancements.

They Can't Relate.
Re: 60 African Startups Receive $4 Million Equity-Free Funding From Google by Eyanbahose: 7:22pm On Sep 08, 2022
ZombieSlayer1:

Yes, it's there on the post. It's actually good though, $5000k ads credit can help a business to blow
that make sense sha. But paid advertising isn't the only marketing tactic a brand can employ to blow sha

Nigerian Stocks Gain Most In The World Even As Liquidity Remain Low / BEAT THE RECESSION, Make Profit Every Hour, Get Hourly Alerts (21%profit Daily) / MMM And Lies People Told Themselves---michael Tony-egbo