Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,293 members, 7,867,769 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 12:12 AM

Student Advocate, Comrade Chinyelu Okolie Declared Winner As Treasurer Of NANS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Student Advocate, Comrade Chinyelu Okolie Declared Winner As Treasurer Of NANS (206 Views)

Glory Okolie Detained By IRT Officers (Pictures) / Danlad Sunday Oladele Is Dead: Pioneer President Of NANS Dies / ASUU Strike: Details Of NANS Meeting With Buhari Emerges (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Student Advocate, Comrade Chinyelu Okolie Declared Winner As Treasurer Of NANS by GLeesMODEL(m): 3:48am On Sep 07, 2022
Accolades As Student Advocate, Comrade Chinyelu Okolie Declared Winner As Treasurer Of NANS

A student advocate and Campaigner for Restoration of the Educational System, Peace and Security, an undergraduate of Abia State University Uturu, Comrade Chinyelu Chinelo Okolie has been declared the winner of the position of Treasurer in the just concluded election of the National Association of Nigerian Students, NANS in Abuja.

She has earlier earlier sought to seek election as the vice president of the students body, a position he was also cleared for.

Upon conclusion of the electioneering exercise at the weekend at Eagles Square, she was declared winner as the treasurer.

"I congratulate myself as the Treasurer of NANS, though this wasn’t the post I was cleared to run for, but people wouldn’t allow justice and fairness to prevail,……for everyone who had faith in me, for every voice who spoke without seizing, for every delegate who slept in the cold and to all the leaders who maintained their stance for me in this struggle, I have one word for you today, Aluta Continua, Victoria ascerta!

"I’ve received a number of emails and calls coming in since yesterday, and everyone who have maintained their stance till now and insisted that I remain their National Vice President, I have one word for you today, I’ll not fail you..... I hope this also stands as an encouragement to our future female leaders to always stand firm and never compromise no matter the pressure" she posted on her Facebook wall on Sunday.

While expressing gratitude to delegates who voted for her, she assured that she will give the students community a voice they have longed for.

Friends and colleagues have continued to congratulate her, urging her to remain in the office she was elected for to offer service.

Modesta Obianuju wrote, "Like I always say, "An office does not define a person; rather, a person defines an office..."

"You fought a good fight, and Nigerian students will always be proud of you ma! Congratulations Comr. Chinyelu Chinelo Okolie (NANS National Treasurer Elect)"

Ekemini Inyang also wrote on the comment section, "Among all the female aspirants you were the only one that reached out, we were not friends on Facebook but you still display such humility.

"Your victory is divine as such God in his infinite mercy will guide you throughout your tenure and make you come out the best.

"You have full access to me at any time you'll need my mentorship in your leadership journey. Congratulations beautiful Comrade Chinyelu Chinelo Okolie
."

Paul Udoh wrote, "Indeed u have proven ur self worthy of the VP. Well,our system is nothing to write home about. I still stand with u ma'am regardless"

Charles Christopher wrote, "You are a lion,sky shall be your starting point,I have never come across a strong female like u in my life.congratulation".

The new exco will be sworn-in at a later date.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02ApYCgMDAyaxGEireWRmVF1f3XUPyWDtf88tGhUJgoPfBSKJmCFR8ANTk2jLHARMPl&id=100004258746339

Re: Student Advocate, Comrade Chinyelu Okolie Declared Winner As Treasurer Of NANS by GLeesMODEL(m): 3:49am On Sep 07, 2022
More

Re: Student Advocate, Comrade Chinyelu Okolie Declared Winner As Treasurer Of NANS by sonature1: 4:09am On Sep 07, 2022
Fine girl.

Congratulations to her.
Re: Student Advocate, Comrade Chinyelu Okolie Declared Winner As Treasurer Of NANS by Lonestar124: 6:57am On Sep 07, 2022
Mtcheew, her business undecided

(1) (Reply)

Naps Senate President Congratulate The Newly Elected Exco Of Nans / Excitement In Kogi As Prof Chris Imumolen Doles Out Scholarship To 2000 Students / Legal Fireworks Resume As Court Docks Akan Okon Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.