Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,854 members, 7,817,528 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years (26046 Views)

US Bans Uganda Officials After Anti LGBTQI Law. / Russia Hits Ukrainian Oil And Gas Facilities In Wave Of Attacks (Photo) / Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by sonature1: 5:01pm On Sep 07, 2022
America is now beginning to have sense.

If China wants to compete with the US, invest in research like the US does.

Don't depend on tech transfer and turn around to compete with the US.

Keep American jobs in America!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by NaijaCuzin: 5:02pm On Sep 07, 2022
Good move

2 Likes

Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by saxywale2: 5:03pm On Sep 07, 2022
maestro299:
And they castigated Donald Trump when he cracked down on China. Just like APC including Buhari and Tinubu were fighting Oga Jona then.
Trump cracking down on China when he himself was paying taxes to China in thousands of dollars.

1 Like

Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by saxywale2: 5:05pm On Sep 07, 2022
tommy589:
Cutting back will not immediately reduce the edge you gave china and other Asian tigers
Except the Asian Tigers do not like China that much as well. I believe the US eventual aim is to move manufacturing to friendlier Asian countries.

3 Likes

Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by alabo1: 5:07pm On Sep 07, 2022
pascal558:
Arabu zombies will not like this news. They think Ukrainians are American citizens and they celebrate their death because they hate US for killing terrorists.

China was built by US, If not they would have still been slaves to Japan and Mongolia. Jackie Chan, Jet li, dun yen and other's have done several movies on this.

You are so misinformed. China was built by Who? China has been under one western sanction or the other since its emergence after the communists won the civil war. I hope you realise that it was current Taiwan/Republic of China that even held the UN seat until UN Resolution 2758 in 1978 that recognized China as the only representative? That China was banned from buying arms from the US? She was banned from participating in the ISS Space program in 1984 at the US request?

Please try and share proper information on forums. Read and Learn. Peace

9 Likes

Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by AlphaStyles(m): 5:08pm On Sep 07, 2022
They see Russia and China as a threat that's why they are doing everything to fight and slow down their growth.

1 Like

Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by sonature1: 5:09pm On Sep 07, 2022
Mide70:
I listen to aljazeera this morning, the live broadcast of Putin to some world leaders ... I could see there is a big and undeniable hatred for USA and effort to bring them down from been superpower... China Turkey india Iran etc are behind Russia ..to make matters worst Afghanistan will soon be a close ally to Russia... Imagine sitting on same table with terrorists country? All in effort to deal with the western world.. something big is still coming asides Ukraine war ..

The United States has a long list of European allies. As for India, remove them from the list because if the US comes for them, they are finished. Every Indian hopes to travel to the US, UK and Canada for greener pastures.

Any Indian government that openly fights the US will compel the US to send home all their people managing the US big tech companies. India is not a threat to the US.

Much as they have their flaws and ulterior motives, our world is safer under the US leadership. China is just a smokescreen; those people are terrible humans. America is a very fair country!

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by saxywale2: 5:10pm On Sep 07, 2022
AlphaStyles:
They see Russia and China as a threat that's why they are doing everything to fight and slow down their growth.
Russia is a military threat to the US because of nuclear bombs. The cold war era is filled with movies of nuclear war between the two countries, while China is more of an economic threat.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by saxywale2: 5:12pm On Sep 07, 2022
sonature1:

China is just a smokescreen; those people are terrible humans. America is a very fair country!
We can all see how Chinese employers treat their Nigerian staff. One has to be a fool to reject an employment offer from a western multinational firm for a Chinese one.

The Chinese employers are just bringing the Chinese ideology with them everywhere they go.

12 Likes

Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by Allison012: 5:13pm On Sep 07, 2022
And somebody said USA built China.jesus christ!!! i cant stop laughing.

3 Likes

Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by Kingsley10000: 5:13pm On Sep 07, 2022
Mide70:
I listen to aljazeera this morning, the live broadcast of Putin to some world leaders ... I could see there is a big and undeniable hatred for USA and effort to bring them down from been superpower... China Turkey india Iran etc are behind Russia ..to make matters worst Afghanistan will soon be a close ally to Russia... Imagine sitting on same table with terrorists country? All in effort to deal with the western world.. something big is still coming asides Ukraine war ..
India is neutral anyway.
US and Europe will defeat China+Russia+Iran alliance

4 Likes

Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by AlphaStyles(m): 5:13pm On Sep 07, 2022
saxywale2:

Russia is a military threat to the US because of nuclear bombs. The cold war era is filled with movies of nuclear war between the two countries, while China is more of an economic threat.
most of the time it's the US that's bringing fights to china and Russia not the other way around

They build military bases and allies close to those countries. If they don't like you they use different means to fight if they want to compete with china let them do it fairly and stop using threats.

3 Likes

Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by Upworkwriter007(f): 5:15pm On Sep 07, 2022
ttemmi:
Don't mess around with US. Ask Huawei Mobile.
lol huawei still accounts for 30 percent of the global mobile base station market.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by saxywale2: 5:16pm On Sep 07, 2022
callmemakaveli:
We understand!. The USA hates competition. Where is Nigeria in all these advance techs discourse?
Hmmm. This depends sha. Americans won't stop friendly countries from advancing. A good case study is South Korea. Samsung has taken over many household electronic item in America and other western countries. Samsung is probably selling more phones than Apple as well in America. You hardly visit any home in America without having either a Samsung TV or Samsung refrigerator. They are the default electronic suppliers.

Even with vehicles, Kia and Hyundai vehicles have been selling well over MSRP due to excessive demand. The US government is not clamping down on them to favour American electronics companies or manufacturing firms.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by Upworkwriter007(f): 5:17pm On Sep 07, 2022
Kingsley10000:
India is neutral anyway.
US and Europe will defeat China+Russia+Iran alliance
China and Russia has tested capabilities for hypersonic missiles. US is expected battery for its hypersonic missile in 2027. China grows by an equivalent of the french navy per year. I really don't see China and Europe alliance as a serious one.

1 Like

Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by Eagba(m): 5:18pm On Sep 07, 2022
alabo1:

You are so misinformed. China was built by Who? China has been under one western sanction or the other since its emergence after the communists won the civil war. I hope you realise that it was current Taiwan/Republic of China that even held the UN seat until UN Resolution 2758 in 1978 that recognized China as the only representative? That China was banned from buying arms from the US? She was banned from participating in the ISS Space program in 1984 at the US request?

Please try and share proper information on forums. Read and Learn. Peace
the west invited China to dinner with hope of China being the dish, like how African countries are being invited now by the west and even China inviting African countries to dinner now.
China eventually turn the west to the dish.

4 Likes

Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by Chopcy29: 5:19pm On Sep 07, 2022
southsouthking:
A country where things work.

Africa produces what she does not consume, and consumes what she does not produce.

How come the cocoa which is harvested in Ivory coast is been processed into tea and chocolate in Switzerland and then imported back to Africa?

Our leaders must opt their game.
It's time to do away with dealers and elect leaders in our various political parties.

Africa as a whole needs emancipation from slavery.
If Berhane Selassie was Alive "BOB MARLEY" he would have asked "What happened to Africa"?
Why are we still underdeveloped?
This same America we are seeing today as god was built by men who had better plans and a secure future for the citizen.
Bob Marley would have said, Africa can be like the rest of the continent if we perish greed, hatred, and have religious tolerance for one another.
Don't forget, Bob Marley was a buffalo soldier even in the heart of America.

I'm so fucking stoned man, dunno what I'm even typing.

I doff cap for your dealer
Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by christistruth01: 5:22pm On Sep 07, 2022
FalseProphet1:
I see Buhari approving a 10 year ban on Nigerians to prevent them from traveling to Europe and American, only Saudi Arabia would not be affected because of pilgrims going on hagji.

This I have seen.

He should also put a 20 year ban on Politicians travelling to Europe for Medical Treatment or sending their Children for Education abroad

1 Like

Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by saxywale2: 5:22pm On Sep 07, 2022
sonature1:

The United States has a long list of European allies. As for India, remove them from the list because if the US comes for them, they are finished. Every Indian hopes to travel to the US, UK and Canada for greener pastures.

Any Indian government that openly fights the US will compel the US to send home all their people managing the US big tech companies. India is not a threat to the US.

Much as they have their flaws and ulterior motives, our world is safer under the US leadership. China is just a smokescreen; those people are terrible humans. America is a very fair country!
Indian that still receives aid from USaid and DFID. India is one confused country. They keep flip flopping and working hard to appear neutral.

5 Likes

Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by Upworkwriter007(f): 5:22pm On Sep 07, 2022
wink2015:
The American government are sanctioning China all because of the Chinese government resolve to annex Taiwan.
Lol. This is not even about Taiwan. It's purely competition. China has been whooping US's ass nowadays with Advanced Tech. And US has to catch up fast. Really fast.

2 Likes

Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by SaLongs1(m): 5:28pm On Sep 07, 2022
pascal558:
Arabu zombies will not like this news. They think Ukrainians are American citizens and they celebrate their death because they hate US for killing terrorists.

China was built by US, If not they would have still been slaves to Japan and Mongolia. Jackie Chan, Jet li, dun yen and other's have done several movies on this.
Lack of history studies is a curse in itself.
Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by saxywale2: 5:28pm On Sep 07, 2022
Upworkwriter007:
Lol. This is not even about Taiwan. It's purely competition. China has been whooping US's ass nowadays with Big Tech. And US has to catch up fast. Really fast.
Do you mean another term though for the bolded.

What's commonly referred to big tech is the name given to the most dominant companies in IT. That is: Alphabet (Google), Amazon, Apple, Meta,and Microsoft.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by lampi: 5:28pm On Sep 07, 2022
Kingsley10000:
China and US which country is more developed technologically?

Like for China

Share for USA
China is developed today because of technology and money from the US.

6 Likes

Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by Mide70: 5:29pm On Sep 07, 2022
sonature1:

china is truly a nonsense nation .. I have a brother who was there for school.. mehn those people are one set of horrible racist ... Not a good country for an hustler from another nation .. not friendly set of peeps

11 Likes

Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by Upworkwriter007(f): 5:30pm On Sep 07, 2022
sonature1:
America is now beginning to have sense.

If China wants to compete with the US, invest in research like the US does.

Don't depend on tech transfer and turn around to compete with the US.

Keep American jobs in America!

It's trickier than this. For one, SOME companies that produce in America are uncompetitive, and can't launch out to the global world for price reasons. For example, although Electric Vehicles began in America, china currently supplies 40% of the world EV, and 85% of EV batteries. Apple CEO says if its shifts its production outside china, the company's sales my automatically die as the cheapest iPhone will not be less than $2000

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by Upworkwriter007(f): 5:31pm On Sep 07, 2022
lampi:
China is developed today because of technology and money from the US.
But they worked on it. They were once the king of duplicating US products, now they're owning the entire supply chain.

3 Likes

Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by saxywale2: 5:31pm On Sep 07, 2022
Mide70:
china is truly a nonsense nation .. I have a brother who was there for school.. mehn those people are one set of horrible racist ... Not a good country for an hustler from another nation .. not friendly set of peeps
The only person I know studying in China went there as option B after being denied Visa by Canada.

Even chinese themselves are hustling American visa.

6 Likes

Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by SIRTee15: 5:32pm On Sep 07, 2022
grandstar:
If America was destined to make these chips, they'd have done so long ago. I feel they are making a mistake.

Most of these chips are in the commodity section. They are best suited for Taiwan which has honed the skill of producing. Chip prices are very volatile as there are times of gluts and bountiful profits. American manufacturers aren't fund of dealing with products that have become commodities. Chips manufacturing is definitely one of them.

American companies have for long conceded the manufacturng of computers to Asia as the profits are razor thin. Chip making also tends to come with razor thin profits as well

China's entrance in chip manufacturing WA made able by huge support from the Chinese government. I doubt China has the wherewithal to upgrade chips.

Americas do best with specialized chips such as those from Intel and Qualcomm and come with fat juicy margins.

American companies design the chips but the foundries are mainly in Asia. That arrangement was great until China became a big player in semiconductor manufacturing.
The problem is China wants to control that industry from fabless to pure-play, just like what they did to mobile phone industry.
Semi conductor and aviation are the last American meaningful export, take it away and manufacturing is officially dead in America.
Coupled with the fact that China may invade Taiwan and take over their semi conductor industry as well as the technology.
It's only rational for America to find alternatives.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by Upworkwriter007(f): 5:32pm On Sep 07, 2022
saxywale2:

Do you mean another term though for the bolded.

What's commonly referred to big tech is the name given to the most dominant companies in IT. That is: Alphabet (Google), Amazon, Apple, Meta,and Microsoft.
Advanced Tech i meant. IoT, AI, and ML

1 Like

Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by saxywale2: 5:33pm On Sep 07, 2022
Upworkwriter007:
Advanced Tech i meant.
Okay. I get what you meant now.
Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by LienwaltAbel(m): 5:35pm On Sep 07, 2022
pascal558:

Those drugs that you're on you had better stop using them. Is it not this same China that the US slaughtered with sanctions because they embraced Communism?

1 Like

Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by obedience4(m): 5:36pm On Sep 07, 2022
Nwunyeodogwu:
America is the problem of the world. The sooner we all realise this the better for us all. China is already better than USA that’s why they are scared. I can’t wait for the day USA will finally stop being the world power but I pray it comes soon so they can focus fully on worshipping the Kardashians. Very foolish set of people

Explain how America is the problem of the world.??
Seems you don't understand the issue here..
The USA is only trying to look out for itself it didn't say companies shouldn't open factories in China..
But companies that receive state funds are not allowed why will the government invest in a company and then dey go and open a big factory in China because of its cheap labour..
And you call the USA foolish set of people..
Go check out the list of Nobel price winners the Americans dominate the list,
Check out the list of notable inventions they are the highest there.
Check the Forbes list 70% are Americans yet you call them foolish..
Ode

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Thousands March Against Robert Mugabe In Harare (Photos) / Zelensky Agrees To Talks With Kremlin, Venue Being Discussed – Russian Times / Iran Rejects Uk's Call For 'trump Deal' To Replace Nuclear Accord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.