Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years (26074 Views)

US Bans Uganda Officials After Anti LGBTQI Law. / Russia Hits Ukrainian Oil And Gas Facilities In Wave Of Attacks (Photo) / Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by ednut1(m): 8:23pm On Sep 07, 2022
gimakon2:

There are a lot of things you don't know and won't understand. Without the intervention of the US, the free hand and democracy you enjoy today won't be there. But don't worry, I'd explain it to you later. But let me make you understand, if there is no US, this world won't be how you see it. Even the internet you have, you wouldn't have it.

You talk about Syria, Afghanistan, etc. You think US would stand and fight them just like that? Owning a nuclear plant, and gotten into wrong hands, do you regard yourself even safe? If you say Belgium and France, I can agree. If you say UK, I will listen, but US, bro haba no Na. Na why I say there is a lot you don't know, but don't worry, time will tell.
yawns you know nothing. Everything they did was to their own advantage, not about global peace. Abeg rest
Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by gimakon2(m): 8:23pm On Sep 07, 2022
Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by TI1919(m): 8:48pm On Sep 07, 2022
Tinubuwins2023e:

Yenyenyen you are not my type abi this one dey craze. You are very foolish to think you are better than me.
I am better than your father's generation. Nkita
Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by t2luv1: 8:53pm On Sep 07, 2022
southsouthking:
A country where things work.

Africa produces what she does not consume, and consumes what she does not produce.

How come the cocoa which is harvested in Ivory coast is been processed into tea and chocolate in Switzerland and then imported back to Africa?

Our leaders must opt their game.
It's time to do away with dealers and elect leaders in our various political parties.

Africa as a whole needs emancipation from slavery.
If Berhane Selassie was Alive "BOB MARLEY" he would have asked "What happened to Africa"?
Why are we still underdeveloped?
This same America we are seeing today as god was built by men who had better plans and a secure future for the citizen.
Bob Marley would have said, Africa can be like the rest of the continent if we perish greed, hatred, and have religious tolerance for one another.
Don't forget, Bob Marley was a buffalo soldier even in the heart of America.

I'm so fucking stoned man, dunno what I'm even typing.

Partner, I understand where you coming from. Mere thought of Africa is enough to do that to oneself.

1 Like

Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by t2luv1: 9:02pm On Sep 07, 2022
obedience4:

Dude the USA backed the resolution that brought China into the UN.. The USA under Nixon could have veto the resolution.
China wasn't built by the USA. But the USA played a critical role In China emergence.. The opening of the USA economy to China was What help China.. And China knows fully well unlike Russia its economy is too tied to the west and needs it to stay aloft

China with all the economic activities going on within her border still has a GDP of $29000 per individual. whereas in the USA it is around $76000. China is nothing but the world factory. No innovation has ever come out of the country for the betterment of humankind. Let us start with the internet from USA. Most US companies, along with Japanese companies have already started moving into Vietnam because China is a country you can not rely on.

2 Likes

Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by Tinubuwins2023e: 9:22pm On Sep 07, 2022
TI1919:
I am better than your father's generation. Nkita

Ewu
Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by rottennaija(m): 9:34pm On Sep 07, 2022
ljoh:

How, I thought they were banned from doing business with US companies, I no hear about the 5G matter again from China, that one just died

Huawei is leading 5g, already working on 6g. US is backward with 5g, cannot compete with huawei in 6g

1 Like

Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by ednut1(m): 9:52pm On Sep 07, 2022
gimakon2:

US terrorist? Hmm make I no talk.
too much hollywood and cnn don finish you.
Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by fairheart(m): 9:54pm On Sep 07, 2022
This is a layman's view of things. If you say China was built by America, did Africa build China too?
China built itself by having a large skilled and industrious workforce, which has dwindled within the last 2 decades in America.
Same way, China simply positions itself as a global manufacturing hub powered by cheap labor, which means more profits for American companies operating in China. Most Americans will and cannot do the tasks and jobs that the Chinese are doing to produce global commodities. So, how would China not have a competitive advantage over America?

Same way, Africa is not able to produce most of what China is producing for us.

Do you know what this means? It means that while we should produce for ourselves, we go to China to produce it and bring it home. And there is a universal law: who he produces makes most of the money.
The U.S cannot untangle from China! To do that will crush the American economy, and its citizens will struggle to produce the majority of the commodities that are produced in China. I am in the U.S., and most commodities, computers, and stuff here carry Made in China.

Moving on, it is the country that makes things for others that hold the key to global economic dominance, and that country is China, followed by (in the near future, India). It is a matter of time, but I sense that two global economies will be in Asia.

Have a nice day!

pascal558:
Arabu zombies will not like this news. They think Ukrainians are American citizens and they celebrate their death because they hate US for killing terrorists.

China was built by US, If not they would have still been slaves to Japan and Mongolia. Jackie Chan, Jet li, dun yen and other's have done several movies on this.

1 Like

Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by fairheart(m): 9:56pm On Sep 07, 2022
So you think Americans want to work in factories as the Chinese do to make commodities that are used in the US? grin grin
Think twice! China is doing its research. In fact, they are now producing my doctorate degrees more than the U.S.

sonature1:
America is now beginning to have sense.

If China wants to compete with the US, invest in research like the US does.

Don't depend on tech transfer and turn around to compete with the US.

Keep American jobs in America!

Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by fairheart(m): 10:01pm On Sep 07, 2022
Exactly! You get it.
Upworkwriter007:
Lol. This is not even about Taiwan. It's purely competition. China has been whooping US's ass nowadays with Advanced Tech. And US has to catch up fast. Really fast.
Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by fairheart(m): 10:04pm On Sep 07, 2022
But these companies' products are Made in China. How do you explain that? America does not have the skilled and industrious workforce to make these gadgets at the rate the Chinese are making them. So, if China factories closed down, where would they go? Africa? Europeans are not so industrious as the Chinese.

For this world to be a better place, we need each other. China is a very important global player!

saxywale2:

Do you mean another term though for the bolded.

What's commonly referred to big tech is the name given to the most dominant companies in IT. That is: Alphabet (Google), Amazon, Apple, Meta,and Microsoft.
Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by gimakon2(m): 10:06pm On Sep 07, 2022
ednut1:
too much hollywood and cnn don finish you.

Maybe u dont know i dont like the US as well. but you just got to like them. lets leave this talk, no time to Argue. How Canada?
Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by sprints1: 10:14pm On Sep 07, 2022
ljoh:

Okay, can the West stop the global reset that's coming?
for now they are trying who knows what will happen next. The imbalance is becoming unbearable for us all. Especially we in Africa.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by BinamRex: 10:18pm On Sep 07, 2022
Mide70:
I listen to aljazeera this morning, the live broadcast of Putin to some world leaders ... I could see there is a big and undeniable hatred for USA and effort to bring them down from been superpower... China Turkey india Iran etc are behind Russia ..to make matters worst Afghanistan will soon be a close ally to Russia... Imagine sitting on same table with terrorists country? All in effort to deal with the western world.. something big is still coming asides Ukraine war ..

What are you saying? Turkey is a NATO member. Even though it hasn't imposed sanctions on Russia, it won't work with Russia and China to undermine America.

India, though a member of BRICS, is anti-China. India is shying away from imposing sanctions on China but it has a huge stockpile of soviet arms and it has to be in Russia's good books to get spare parts for its military equipment. India wants to wean itself off Russian arms. Once this is achieved, it won't be a Russian ally. Iran is a regional player and a pariah. I don't see how it will stop American hegemony in concert with Russia.

America has more allies. Except for Belarus and Armenia, every other European country is an American ally.

In Asia, Vietnam, South Korea, Taiwan, Singapore, Japan, the Philippines, etc. are allies of the US.

1 Like

Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by BinamRex: 10:20pm On Sep 07, 2022
shugaboy6102:
We all know. you can't be teaching your enemy advanced technology

Exactly. If you are my enemy or competitor and you want to progress, you are going to have to figure it out without my help
Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by BinamRex: 10:23pm On Sep 07, 2022
t2luv1:

China with all the economic activities going on within her border still has a GDP of $29000 per individual. whereas in the USA it is around $76000. China is nothing but the world factory. No innovation has ever come out of the country for the betterment of humankind. Let us start with the internet from USA. Most US companies, along with Japanese companies have already started moving into Vietnam because China is a country you can not rely on.

I am anti-China, but it's not true that no innovation has ever come out of China. Gun powder and paper are Chinese inventions.

1 Like

Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by Karnice600: 10:47pm On Sep 07, 2022
Nwunyeodogwu:
America is the problem of the world. The sooner we all realise this the better for us all. China is already better than USA that’s why they are scared. I can’t wait for the day USA will finally stop being the world power but I pray it comes soon so they can focus fully on worshipping the Kardashians. Very foolish set of people

The US is a bit like Lagos. Virtually every business has a levelled playing field to hustle and evolve, irrespective of individual origin.
China is like South eastern Nigeria. It's difficult for outsiders to go in there, run businesses and become influential. Not because they aren't capable, but because the owners of the land had created so many bottlenecks for aspiring potentials from elsewhere.
China wouldn't be rich today if the US wasn't liberal. Foreign investors struggle there, except for those huge Western companies.
Preferring China is like opting for Buhari because you felt Jonathan was a failure.
Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by Nwunyeodogwu(f): 10:54pm On Sep 07, 2022
[quote author=obedience4 post=116445374]

Explain how America is the problem of the world.??
Seems you don't understand the issue here..
The USA is only trying to look out for itself it didn't say companies shouldn't open factories in China..
But companies that receive state funds are not allowed why will the government invest in a company and then dey go and open a big factory in China because of its cheap labour..
And you call the USA foolish set of people..
Go check out the list of Nobel price winners the Americans dominate the list,
Check out the list of notable inventions they are the highest there.
Check the Forbes list 70% are Americans yet you call them foolish..
Ode[/quote

Homosexuality was first legalized in America,high rate of divorce started in America,moral decadence in general all were first accepted in America. Americans have no sense at all,put all their inventions aside you’ll see that normal American citizens are too foolish. Yes America was once great but not anymore,they are going down drastically. Compare the movies Americans produced in the 80s,90s and early 2000,that’s a good way to illustrate their failures of recent. Soon they’ll legalize abortion followed by legalising murder. Besides what great invention have they made of recent other than introducing more social vices to the world and presenting it as normal. Their English nowadays is even trash,ndi wanna gonna���
Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by Bbbwings: 11:08pm On Sep 07, 2022
ljoh:

I heard Taiwan is best in manufacturing chips, why not just take over Taiwan?
Na that wouldn't be wise.
China is already Taiwan's biggest trading partner.
Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by Karnice600: 11:10pm On Sep 07, 2022
alabo1:

You are so misinformed. China was built by Who? China has been under one western sanction or the other since its emergence after the communists won the civil war. I hope you realise that it was current Taiwan/Republic of China that even held the UN seat until UN Resolution 2758 in 1978 that recognized China as the only representative? That China was banned from buying arms from the US? She was banned from participating in the ISS Space program in 1984 at the US request?

Please try and share proper information on forums. Read and Learn. Peace
Oga relax. All these don't have a bearing in this context.
Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by Bbbwings: 11:11pm On Sep 07, 2022
obedience4:

You seems to forget easily that the Japanese drove the Chinese from mainland China, and China was under occupation from the imperial Japanese empire.and their women were used as comfort women for the Japanese forces.
The Chinese only got the momentum during the USA Navy decisive victory at the battle of Midway..
The USA entering The war in the Pacific was what save China.. Period..
The time China was allowed into the UN it was it a nuclear power..
Pakistan has nukes, dose that makes them relevant to the world politics..
Even south Africa gave up its nuclear capabilities..
Germany is not a nuclear state. Yet it has the biggest economy , largest army in the EU..
Nukes doesn't make you respected in world politics
Pakistan is a terrorist state.
South Africa was an apartheid state.
Germany doesn't have a veto power on the Un
And is not a permanent member.
Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by Minjim: 11:12pm On Sep 07, 2022
God1000:
Big powers rivalry, China's rapid growth is a threat to US global dominance.

But there will never be war between US and China because both countries have a lot to lose.

US won't go to war with China over Taiwan, China won't risk going to war with US as well.

China has more to lose going to war with the US.

It'll set their economic progress back. Though it'll go same for the US also but the US had already achieved what China is aiming at - being a leading economic country

1 Like

Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by Bbbwings: 11:16pm On Sep 07, 2022
t2luv1:

Give these guys their dues man.
1.4 billion people on that GDP. It is not easy.
You're rather ignorant to say a more than 3000year old documented civilization have not done a lot of good for humanity. Read more dude
Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by SIRTee15: 12:30am On Sep 08, 2022
fairheart:
This is a layman's view of things. If you say China was built by America, did Africa build China too?
China built itself by having a large skilled and industrious workforce, which has dwindled within the last 2 decades in America.
Same way, China simply positions itself as a global manufacturing hub powered by cheap labor, which means more profits for American companies operating in China. Most Americans will and cannot do the tasks and jobs that the Chinese are doing to produce global commodities. So, how would China not have a competitive advantage over America?

Same way, Africa is not able to produce most of what China is producing for us.

Do you know what this means? It means that while we should produce for ourselves, we go to China to produce it and bring it home. And there is a universal law: who he produces makes most of the money.
The U.S cannot untangle from China! To do that will crush the American economy, and its citizens will struggle to produce the majority of the commodities that are produced in China. I am in the U.S., and most commodities, computers, and stuff here carry Made in China.

Moving on, it is the country that makes things for others that hold the key to global economic dominance, and that country is China, followed by (in the near future, India). It is a matter of time, but I sense that two global economies will be in Asia.

Have a nice day!

So are u suggesting America should do nothing but allow China to continue to hold the key to manufacturing by producing for America?
Just like u rightly pointed out, whoever holds the key to manufacturing will eventually be the global superpower. A consuming nation will soon become a beggar.
China should produce for her own citizens and America should find ways to re-engineer manufacturing in America. If it means artificial intelligence manufacturing, new materials and robotic assembly; america has to reinvent itself.
Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by chukxie(m): 1:05am On Sep 08, 2022
The next war is going to be technologically driven - and chips are what drive technology! From rockets, drones, robots, hacking systems, fighter jets...all rely on semiconductors. The US. knows this and that's why it's doing everything it can to ensure American capitalist driven manufacturers of semiconductors do not compromise national security by building new semiconductors factories in China. Similarly, China is greatly aware of the roles of semiconductors in today's technologically driven world and that's why it is investing billions of Yuan into its nascent semiconductor sector. A few months ago, the Chinese government arrested the heads of the six largest government funded semiconductor companies for corruption - they were alleged to have misappropriated billions of Yuan granted to their companies to boost the semiconductor sector. Of a truth, the Chinese semiconductor sector is way behind that of Taiwan (TMC), and South Korea (Samsung). The US. is behind, too, but well ahead of China. So, the Biden's decision to protect America's semiconductor sector is a step in the right decision. Let me add if China takes Taiwan, it'll become the undisputed global leader of semiconductors! Go figure! And that is why the US will ensure that doesn't happen.

2 Likes

Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by seanwilliam(m): 1:32am On Sep 08, 2022
Mide70:
I listen to aljazeera this morning, the live broadcast of Putin to some world leaders ... I could see there is a big and undeniable hatred for USA and effort to bring them down from been superpower... China Turkey india Iran etc are behind Russia ..to make matters worst Afghanistan will soon be a close ally to Russia... Imagine sitting on same table with terrorists country? All in effort to deal with the western world.. something big is still coming asides Ukraine war ..
if USA is going to be displaced, then the world is coming to an end

1 Like

Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by Nobody: 3:57am On Sep 08, 2022
May God Bless My Countries.
Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by DWJOBScom(m): 5:46am On Sep 08, 2022
maestro299:
And they castigated Donald Trump when he cracked down on China. Just like APC including Buhari and Tinubu were fighting Oga Jona then.

You took the words off my lips
Politicians are horrible set of beings
They say anything and they are believed
Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by pascal558(m): 6:19am On Sep 08, 2022
ZombieSlayer1:

You're basing your entire assumption on movies which is very silly. The Chinese empire has been in existence even before the formation of the US. They had their monarchy system of government which is even better than this "democracy" the US is touting. The chinese invented paper and gunpowder, but I'm sure you didn't know this because your movies have made you think the US is greatest.
You claim China was built by US. That's utter bullshit. China built itself. Withing 40 years they've listen more than 40million people from poverty, while the US is still battling homelessness. All these rubbish the US is doing is simply because they know how powerful China has grown, and the US is desperately trying to whittle down China's power, which isn't going to work.
You guys need to be more open-minded if you want to learn more, not to keep swallowing everything MSM throws at you

So china freed themselves from the grip of Japan? Where was the monarch when Japan invaded? If not for the US don't you think china would have been wiped out by now? Go and read how Japan killed Chinese citizens for the fun of it. Till date, japanese products are still better and stronger than Chinese products and if that country is allowed to produce weapons again, in 20 years they will make china all shaky again..

USA seems a bad country because of some unnecessary war they fought in the past, but that does not change the fact that they have done some good too. Where was Russia when china was been bullied?
Re: US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years by Karnice600: 6:19am On Sep 08, 2022
SIRTee15:

American companies design the chips but the foundries are mainly in Asia. That arrangement was great until China became a big player in semiconductor manufacturing.
The problem is China wants to control that industry from fabless to pure-play, just like what they did to mobile phone industry.
Semi conductor and aviation are the last American meaningful export, take it away and manufacturing is officially dead in America.

Coupled with the fact that China may invade Taiwan and take over their semi conductor industry as well as the technology.
It's only rational for America to find alternatives.

Even if China invades Taiwan today, TSMC would be useless to them, because them no go fit run am. That's how it was designed.
America is light years ahead of China in R&grin, so they want to keep it in their own space, instead of 'aiding' China indirectly the way they've been doing so far.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Thousands March Against Robert Mugabe In Harare (Photos) / Zelensky Agrees To Talks With Kremlin, Venue Being Discussed – Russian Times / US Supreme Court: Businesses Can Discriminate Against Gays For Religious Reasons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.