Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,436 members, 7,954,733 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:09 AM

LAGOS BEFORE TINUBU: What You're Seeing Is Lagos During The Early 60s. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LAGOS BEFORE TINUBU: What You're Seeing Is Lagos During The Early 60s. (2982 Views)

Wike Orders Permanent Secretaries To ‘Bow’ Before Tinubu (Video) / Remi Tinubu: What I Will Do When My Husband Wins In 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LAGOS BEFORE TINUBU: What You're Seeing Is Lagos During The Early 60s. by Qtrpst4: 10:09am On Sep 08, 2022
Look at the nonsense you are typing

Long story short, where is the plan, show it

Moh247:

You this Millenium kids sef

Mogaji Abibatu was woman leader under Jakande, Iyaloja of Lagos and later , Yoruba land... Jakande was the man who brought Tinubu to Politics resigning as ExxonMobil Treasurer

1 Like

Re: LAGOS BEFORE TINUBU: What You're Seeing Is Lagos During The Early 60s. by Moh247: 10:12am On Sep 08, 2022
Qtrpst4:
Look at the nonsense you are typing

Long story short, where is the plan, show it

Lol

You need my help getting you "the Lagos master plan"

Ignorant child
Re: LAGOS BEFORE TINUBU: What You're Seeing Is Lagos During The Early 60s. by Qtrpst4: 10:16am On Sep 08, 2022
Oh, it's now your help I need to prove to you that you are lieing?

The person that selected your urchins really went for the dumbest of the dumb

Moh247:

Lol

You need my help getting you "the Lagos master plan"

Ignorant child
Re: LAGOS BEFORE TINUBU: What You're Seeing Is Lagos During The Early 60s. by rusher14: 10:36am On Sep 08, 2022
PresidObi:
And there were no agbero then grin

1 Like

Re: LAGOS BEFORE TINUBU: What You're Seeing Is Lagos During The Early 60s. by princdebola201(m): 10:48am On Sep 08, 2022
Massiveglory:

Lagos is still an eyesore with the exception of few areas like vi, ikoyi, lekki, epe,amuwo-odofin, etc.
Note: not everywhere in the above mentioned places are developed. Inside these places, there are places that are eyesores.

What irritates me most is these little kids littering the whole place with Tinubu made lagos.

If you want to count people that have added infrastructures in lagos, you call men like baba Jakande, buba marawa, fashola, ambode. I will not add tinubu there, because tinubu personally legalized agbero and touts in lagos which has caused so much pains and sorrows to lagosians.

I don't want to argue back and forth. The truth is Tinubu administration set the blue print for the new Lagos for his sucesssors(fashola,ambode sanwolu) .
I can list at least 5 solid roads tinubu built that had lasted for over 20yrs.
Island maternity hospital that military built in the 60s was burnt for over 20yrs no Lagos military administrators deem it fit for rehabilitation and re-construction until Tinubu did.

Its fine to hate Tinubu , but it is satanic to deny him his achievements.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAGOS BEFORE TINUBU: What You're Seeing Is Lagos During The Early 60s. by PresidObi: 10:53am On Sep 08, 2022
[quote author=rusher14 post=116464178][/quote]

2013 news? Such a long time ago.
Re: LAGOS BEFORE TINUBU: What You're Seeing Is Lagos During The Early 60s. by PresidObi: 10:54am On Sep 08, 2022
princdebola201:
I don't want to argue back and forth. The truth is Tinubu administration set the blue print for the new Lagos for his sucesssors(fashola,ambode sanwolu) .
Island maternity hospital that military built in the 60s was burnt for over 20yrs no Lagos military administrators deem it fit for rehabilitation and re-construction until Tinubu did.

Show us the blueprint, is it invisible like his school records?

1 Like

Re: LAGOS BEFORE TINUBU: What You're Seeing Is Lagos During The Early 60s. by 211kamharida: 11:17am On Sep 08, 2022
Is that why your father is begging at Jakande?Is that why your father is begging at Jakande?...
Re: LAGOS BEFORE TINUBU: What You're Seeing Is Lagos During The Early 60s. by famouscargo4u: 11:18am On Sep 08, 2022
EndsarsReloaded:

You're not making any sense. The developed areas of cities would ultimately pull the suburbs along. New York of 1960 is not the same New York of 2022, it must have doubled in size!

So, do you expect Lagos not to grow or you believe it was tinubu that made it grow? A criminal that couldn't build any significant infrastructure but was focused on looting!

SMH.

How will it pull it along? If there are no investments in that direction. Tinubu did not build Lagos but he made his mark in the rebranding and rebuilding of the modern Lagos. I can see your hatred of him. I don't like him too but I was born and brought up in Lagos and I witnessed first hand his administration. Like other candidates, he has many bad sides but he has good sides too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAGOS BEFORE TINUBU: What You're Seeing Is Lagos During The Early 60s. by Didijiji: 11:20am On Sep 08, 2022
Why all the noise about Lagos?

Lagos was a capital of Nigeria made beautiful with Nigeria money.

So if Abuja is no longer the capital tomorrow you guys will say one man developed it.

Sense fare from una sha

1 Like

Re: LAGOS BEFORE TINUBU: What You're Seeing Is Lagos During The Early 60s. by Streett: 11:32am On Sep 08, 2022
Car on their lane , Bicycles on their lane as well

E come be like say we get sense then ….

1 Like

Re: LAGOS BEFORE TINUBU: What You're Seeing Is Lagos During The Early 60s. by Slaysor: 11:37am On Sep 08, 2022
Kagd10:

Every state have their under developed areas.

Meanwhile, other areas in Lagos will be developed when Igbos go back to their region. They're the one thinning Lagos resources as we speak.
Olodo! Igbos are doing business in Lagos which is increasing revenue for Lagos. They pay taxes too, they own properties and all this add up to make Lagos have an high igr which is used for development. Same with other tribes.

1 Like

Re: LAGOS BEFORE TINUBU: What You're Seeing Is Lagos During The Early 60s. by Kagd10: 11:48am On Sep 08, 2022
Slaysor:

Olodo! Igbos are doing business in Lagos which is increasing revenue for Lagos. They pay taxes too, they own properties and all this add up to make Lagos have an high igr which is used for development. Same with other tribes.

Which business? You dey mad? Your 2 by 2 shops is one giving revenue? You dey mad?

1 Like

Re: LAGOS BEFORE TINUBU: What You're Seeing Is Lagos During The Early 60s. by OneEyedSnake: 11:54am On Sep 08, 2022
SmartPolician:
You can imagine how organized the state was until Tinubu used his touts to totally destroy it cry

Now, those boys are saying that they will chase olopa (policemen) away if Tinubu wins!

Was it same Tinubu that made Onitsha a land of lawlessness?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LAGOS BEFORE TINUBU: What You're Seeing Is Lagos During The Early 60s. by rusher14: 11:55am On Sep 08, 2022
PresidObi:

2013 news? Such a long time ago.

And the governor was Peter Obi.

He promoted such bloodshed.

1 Like

Re: LAGOS BEFORE TINUBU: What You're Seeing Is Lagos During The Early 60s. by Nobody: 11:58am On Sep 08, 2022
Lockdown in quara state is that a quarantine
Re: LAGOS BEFORE TINUBU: What You're Seeing Is Lagos During The Early 60s. by Slaysor: 11:59am On Sep 08, 2022
Kagd10:

Which business? You dey mad? Your 2 by 2 shops is one giving revenue? You dey mad?
You know the truth!
Re: LAGOS BEFORE TINUBU: What You're Seeing Is Lagos During The Early 60s. by Natbrowny: 12:07pm On Sep 08, 2022
pawacrangers:
So what happened?

Overpopulation
Invasions of touts
Colonization by DrugLords

1 Like

Re: LAGOS BEFORE TINUBU: What You're Seeing Is Lagos During The Early 60s. by tuzle(m): 12:28pm On Sep 08, 2022
Kagd10:

Every state have their under developed areas.

Meanwhile, other areas in Lagos will be developed when Igbos go back to their region. They're the one thinning Lagos resources as we speak.
the under developed places in Lagos is far more than the developed. Most places in mainland are eye sore, except maybe places like some part of ikeja, some part of surulere and some other places I may have not been too. For every place u mention on the mainland that is fine and can list five more places that are awful.

1 Like

Re: LAGOS BEFORE TINUBU: What You're Seeing Is Lagos During The Early 60s. by Kagd10: 12:30pm On Sep 08, 2022
tuzle:
the under developed places in Lagos is far more than the developed. Most places in mainland are eye sore, except maybe places like some part of ikeja, some part of surulere and some other places I may have not been too. For every place u mention on the mainland that is fine and can list five more places that are awful.

Before Tinubu, there was no Lekki, Ajah, banana island, Eko Atlantic city etc..

So shut up your trash. Rather you people who are thining Lagos resources should be flushed back to your region

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LAGOS BEFORE TINUBU: What You're Seeing Is Lagos During The Early 60s. by tuzle(m): 1:01pm On Sep 08, 2022
Kagd10:

So shut up your trash. Rather you people who are thining Lagos resources should be flushed back to your region
do u know which region I am from or are u from Lagos too. I hate when people are hyping nonsense because of blind political support. Lagos as fine places yes I agree, but let stop supporting mediocrity. Even the island part that we over hype is still a shit hole.

1 Like

Re: LAGOS BEFORE TINUBU: What You're Seeing Is Lagos During The Early 60s. by Nigerianization(m): 1:49pm On Sep 08, 2022
Moh247:
cool

Tinubu vs Tinubu

Lagos vs Lagos

Shame on Anambra

Shame on your Tinubu. ANAMBRA was nonexistent during the colonial era up to the early 80s. So what is your basis of being ashamed of your Tinubu who claimed that he founded a City built by the colonial masters.
Re: LAGOS BEFORE TINUBU: What You're Seeing Is Lagos During The Early 60s. by Agboriotejoye(m): 2:10pm On Sep 08, 2022
princdebola201:

Island maternity aka massey was rehabilitated by fashola. It was an eyesore when Tinubu was in charge including the whole Idumota/ Ita faji environment. I was very familiar with the place
Re: LAGOS BEFORE TINUBU: What You're Seeing Is Lagos During The Early 60s. by rusher14: 2:15pm On Sep 08, 2022
tuzle:
do u know which region I am from or are u from Lagos too. I hate when people are hyping nonsense because of blind political support. Lagos as fine places yes I agree, but let stop supporting mediocrity. Even the island part that we over hype is still a shit hole.

Tell us what you enjoyed in Anambra state.
Re: LAGOS BEFORE TINUBU: What You're Seeing Is Lagos During The Early 60s. by Agboriotejoye(m): 2:15pm On Sep 08, 2022
Kagd10:

Lol. See zombie

Before Tinubu there was no Lekki, Ajah, Banana Island?

Lol. I guess Tinubu built chevron Estate in Lekki and VGC. Your madness no get logo. It is customized
Re: LAGOS BEFORE TINUBU: What You're Seeing Is Lagos During The Early 60s. by christistruth01: 2:15pm On Sep 08, 2022
chatinent:
I can't help but recognize how no woman there wore mini skirt, intestine trousers, expose cleavages or reasoned a need for liposuction.

In those days Schools taught decent dressing
Re: LAGOS BEFORE TINUBU: What You're Seeing Is Lagos During The Early 60s. by christistruth01: 2:22pm On Sep 08, 2022
Didijiji:
Why all the noise about Lagos?

Lagos was a capital of Nigeria made beautiful with Nigeria money.

So if Abuja is no longer the capital tomorrow you guys will say one man developed it.

Sense fare from una sha

Lagos Island was the Capital not Lagos State

The Capital ended at Apongbon bridge
Re: LAGOS BEFORE TINUBU: What You're Seeing Is Lagos During The Early 60s. by tuzle(m): 2:31pm On Sep 08, 2022
rusher14:

Tell us what you enjoyed in Anambra state.
do I look like someone from Anambra state. I don't even have to tell u the state I am from since u assume everyone not supporting is Igbo. And I am also not an obi supporter.
Re: LAGOS BEFORE TINUBU: What You're Seeing Is Lagos During The Early 60s. by Sonyboom765: 2:33pm On Sep 08, 2022
You comment shows you are a lunatic
Here is the prove. During Fashola how prevalent we're agbero ? Very minimal if any at all n Tinubu 8 years was before that ? Can you see your Igbo tribal sentiment n foolishness is what is stopping you from using you head.

Massiveglory:

Lagos is still an eyesore with the exception of few areas like vi, ikoyi, lekki, epe,amuwo-odofin, etc.
Note: not everywhere in the above mentioned places are developed. Inside these places, there are places that are eyesores.

What irritates me most is these little kids littering the whole place with Tinubu made lagos.

If you want to count people that have added infrastructures in lagos, you call men like baba Jakande, buba marawa, fashola, ambode. I will not add tinubu there, because tinubu personally legalized agbero and touts in lagos which has caused so much pains and sorrows to lagosians.

Re: LAGOS BEFORE TINUBU: What You're Seeing Is Lagos During The Early 60s. by rusher14: 2:37pm On Sep 08, 2022
tuzle:
do I look like someone from Anambra state. I don't even have to tell u the state I am from since u assume everyone not supporting is Igbo. And I am also not an obi supporter.

I didn't say you were from Anambra State.

I asked what your experience was.

I for one have been through all states in Nigeria apart from North East.

The only state outside of Lagos, I would say is developing perhaps in line with expectation is Akwa Ibom state. Yet they have a lot of work to do especially with attracting human capital which boosts a state's revenue and profile.

People trying to talk bad about Lagos need a different experience to appreciate Lagos.

I'm not talking about those coming from the east who would support anything as long it comes from their domain.

Travel round Nigeria and abroad without the bias of condemning and come back to speak about Lagos.
Re: LAGOS BEFORE TINUBU: What You're Seeing Is Lagos During The Early 60s. by Softmirror: 2:41pm On Sep 08, 2022
SmartPolician:
You can imagine how organized the state was until Tinubu used his touts to totally destroy it cry

Now, those boys are saying that they will chase olopa (policemen) away if Tinubu wins!
grin

Re: LAGOS BEFORE TINUBU: What You're Seeing Is Lagos During The Early 60s. by tuzle(m): 3:12pm On Sep 08, 2022
rusher14:

I didn't say you were from Anambra State.

I asked what your experience was.

I for one have been through all states in Nigeria apart from North East.

The only state outside of Lagos, I would say is developing perhaps in line with expectation is Akwa Ibom state. Yet they have a lot of work to do especially with attracting human capital which boosts a state's revenue and profile.

People trying to talk bad about Lagos need a different experience to appreciate Lagos.

I'm not talking about those coming from the east who would support anything as long it comes from their domain.

Travel round Nigeria and abroad without the bias of condemning and come back to speak about Lagos.
I have been to all western state except ondo and I have also been to Edo. yes compared to this state Lagos(Victoria island/ lekki) is more developed than this states. What I am trying to point out is you guys over hype Lagos too much like it is one Dubai. I stay at lekki, maruwa exactly and I can tell u that there is nothing special about the area than just the fine houses and tiled road which u can also find in some states too. Now go to isolo, oshodi, mushin, ayobo and many more places in Lagos and compare it to lekki.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See Babatunde Gbadamosi's Response To Yorubas Playing Ethnic Card In Lagos Gov E / How Tinubu Is Taking Northerners As Fools / Niger Delta; A Slave Name We Must Get Rid Of In Order To Be Truly Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.