Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,476 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Activating Bis On A London Used Bb - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Activating Bis On A London Used Bb (679 Views)

Activating 3g On Etisalat Line / Activating Glo Sim Card For Internet / New Zain Website For Activating Gprs Without Sms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Activating Bis On A London Used Bb by slickrule: 12:56pm On Aug 10, 2011
Hi all, i just purchased a BB curve2(london used), but am having a real had time activating BIS on it, i chose the BBS bundle (social), i have sent the BBS to 21600 but no message from mtn, do i need to go to der office, please kindly advise as soon as possible, thanks for quick response
Re: Activating Bis On A London Used Bb by Lexusgs430: 1:27pm On Aug 10, 2011
You do not need to go to Network provider office. Your best bet to troubleshoot is to use a friends Bis activated sim and confirm if you can ping with your curve 2.
Re: Activating Bis On A London Used Bb by slickrule: 3:36pm On Aug 10, 2011
thanks mate, i will try that as soon as possible, must it be with the same network as my own sim, i sent reset to 131, then waited for 30 minutes, took of my sim them restarted the phone, sent BBS to 21600, no response still?what else is der to b4 i return phone
Re: Activating Bis On A London Used Bb by Lexusgs430: 3:42pm On Aug 10, 2011
Just try any networks sim, that is BIS enabled. Then go into options - advanced options - host routing table, and check if network number enteries cab be seen.
Re: Activating Bis On A London Used Bb by Lexusgs430: 3:42pm On Aug 10, 2011
Can be seen
Re: Activating Bis On A London Used Bb by slickrule: 3:47pm On Aug 10, 2011
what would i see on the HOSt routing table of my own sim to let me know its ok, and what would be the diference
Re: Activating Bis On A London Used Bb by mavinc4u(f): 7:15pm On Aug 10, 2011
take it to the seller,he will assist you better.may be the pin is blocked or something
Re: Activating Bis On A London Used Bb by mavinc4u(f): 7:15pm On Aug 10, 2011
take it to the seller,he will assist you better.may be the pin is blocked or something
Re: Activating Bis On A London Used Bb by Lexusgs430: 7:33pm On Aug 10, 2011
If any sim card you insert is not BIS enabled, the entry column will be blank. Which is why if you try a BIS enabled sim card, and entries appears, it means your device is communicating with the BIS server.
Re: Activating Bis On A London Used Bb by shevalync: 8:18pm On Aug 10, 2011
I think the problem is you can't start with a bbs but bis cos you need to do some download which of course can't be done with the bbs.all you need to do is load 3000 on your phone and send bis.
Re: Activating Bis On A London Used Bb by slickrule: 10:07am On Aug 11, 2011
@shelvelnc: they had alredayal deducted the 1500, i tried a BB enabled Zain sim and the "EDGE" was in capital letter, that means to me that the pin is good, some1 said it takes time, about 2 or three days, if its to download anything, i've gat it conneected to the wireless network in my office, i just need to sort this thing out, thanks for all your contribution,
Re: Activating Bis On A London Used Bb by Lexusgs430: 10:21am On Aug 11, 2011
EDGE in capital as you have deduced, means the pin is good. Be patient with your Network provider.
Re: Activating Bis On A London Used Bb by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 11, 2011
here is what to do go to the host routing table and press options then select register. Wait till it shows message sent. Then click ok and exit to homescreen. Then take out the battery without switching the phone off. And reinsert the battery after 15mins once it boots up thats all it will work.
Re: Activating Bis On A London Used Bb by Lexusgs430: 1:24pm On Aug 11, 2011
u2 1 day:

here is what to do go to the host routing table and press options then select register. Wait till it shows message sent. Then click ok and exit to homescreen. Then take out the battery without switching the phone off. And reinsert the battery after 15mins once it boots up thats all it will work.

Once you put a BIS enabled sim card in Blackberry phones, by default it should auto - register.

(1) (Reply)

Nokia N97 Screen Touch Not Responding / THANKS / Etisalat Sim!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.