Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,924 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:15 PM

Uju Anya Insults Jeff Bezos: Says "Otoro gba gbue Gi" - Foreign Affairs (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Uju Anya Insults Jeff Bezos: Says "Otoro gba gbue Gi" (80025 Views)

Uju Anya: 'I Am Still A Gay' - Followers Reacted On Twitter (Photos) / Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death / Jeff Bezos Slam Professor Uju Anya For Wishing Elizabeth An ‘Excruciating’ Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uju Anya Insults Jeff Bezos: Says "Otoro gba gbue Gi" by sgtponzihater1(m): 6:17pm On Sep 10, 2022
The Igbos killed Victor Banjo, and committed atrocities during the civil war. Millions of southerners not party to their course were slayed. It was a war and not a debate, were the Igbos who were less in number hoping to shoot and not be shot at? Ojukwu said he was wrong, and contested for Nigerian presidency at least twice after the war.
Re: Uju Anya Insults Jeff Bezos: Says "Otoro gba gbue Gi" by omojeesu(m): 9:23pm On Sep 10, 2022
She's right in her assertion!

But

Wrong in her approach!
Re: Uju Anya Insults Jeff Bezos: Says "Otoro gba gbue Gi" by Softmirror: 9:32pm On Sep 10, 2022
uncleck:
You can never be a good history student and not share the same sentiment with this woman. Queen Elizabeth and her family have committed unprecedented evil against humanity. I can't even begin to type the kind of damage they have done to world.

Is it the destruction and the disorientation of African people and their culture? Africa was self sufficient until they came with slave trade wherein they adopted and exported our young main overseas. When they embarked on industrial revolution, they made sure that they replace our food crop production with cash crop production. This singular act ruined Africa.

They brought fake religion that severed Africans from their ancestors thereby making them to lose their history and identity. They made us believe that all our actions are sin; we need a Jesus to justify our sinful nature. Accepting Jesus won't stop us from sinning, but out sins would now be forgiven. Crazy if you ask me!

They drew up the map of the world with blood, cutting families away from each other and joining strangers together. They extol nationalism but condemn tribalism. For goodness sake, tribe is to Africa what nation is to Europeans.

They give freedom to their own on request but suppress any voice of freedom in Africa.

They imposed strange political and education system on us that would never help in addressing our peculiar challenges.

I'm tired of typing

ALL OF YOU ARE JUST TOO LAZY. AFRICA IS NOT THE ONLY CONTINENT THAT WAS COLONISED. OTHER COUNTRIES AND COONTINENTS THAT WERE COLONISED BY THE BRITS HAVE USED THEIR ORIGINAL CULTURAL HERITAGE IN ADDITION WITH THE GOODNESS GAINED VIA BEING COLONIZED TO ADVANCE THEMSELVES. ALL OF YOU LAZY FOLKS CREATE FLIMSY EXCUSES FOR YOUR INEFFICIENCY AND FRUSTRATIONS BY ALWAYS BLAMING THE WHITE MAN.

AN EXAMPLE IS INDIA. A COUNTRY OF A VERY, VERY LARGE POPULATION, OF DIVERSE CULTURES AND RELIGION, WITH SHADES OF SKIN COLOUR.

IT'S JUST A SHAME HONESTLY, THAT MOST PEOPLE IN AFRICA ARE TOO INSENSITIVE.

IS IT NOT THE SAME AFRICA THAT CHINA IS COLONIZING TODAY. MUMU PEOPLE!

10mobile:
The Queen had zero achievement but celebrated by the same black monkeys whose ancestors she animalized.

1 Like

Re: Uju Anya Insults Jeff Bezos: Says "Otoro gba gbue Gi" by AlphaTaikun: 12:04am On Sep 11, 2022
ivolt:
The quota system pseudocommunist professor is really enjoying her 5 minutes of fame.

Under a meritocracy, she would be on welfare stipends to stay afloat.
You made very valid points there.

This woman is demented and must be relieved of that Uni job and never be allowed into any
University employment. She's also doing this to attract attention to herself. This is NOT how a
U.S.-based academic should behave!

In a series of tweets in 2020, this highly irresponsible Ibo woman called Uju misused the harmless
Yoruba metaphor or word called Akata (panther) which Yorubas have used for decades to describe any Black African person who lives in the UK, the U.S., Canada, and has become Westernised in dressing or usage of British and American accents.

Even the Yorubas use the Akata metaphor for themselves and it is certainly NOT an ethnic slur that
refers to African-Americans.

The metaphorical opposite of Akata is Ologbo (meaning a domestic or house cat in Yoruba) which
metaphorically refers to Africans on the Continent of
Africa.

In African societies harmless metaphors such as Iroko, Akata (panther), leopards, lions, rocks, are used to ascribe positive qualities to people. "The iroko tree has fallen" is a very good example of a metaphor that is used by the Yorubas and a few ethnicities in Nigeria when a respected and great man or woman dies.

Just last month, she tweeted again when there was a backlash from African-Americans, that Akata is a
Yoruba word and that in 2020 when she tweeted, she didn't understand the Yoruba language meaning
of the word.

Akata is certainly NOT a wild animal ethnic slur like this Ibo woman wrongly tweeted in order to
instigate hatred by African-Americans towards folks of Yoruba descent in the U.S. and around the world.

This woman and her visible Ibo female cohort on twitter no doubt deliberately stirred up these controversies from her 2020 and 2022 Akata tweets and so-called apology, to the recent insults against the late Queen of England, and Jeff Bezos. These were meant to draw cheap popularity to herself.

She clearly lacks deep emotional intelligence and decorum as a prof with her silly outbursts on the
public app called tweeter. She has to be punished for her random indiscretions.

A massive defamation of character and dissemination of falsehood lawsuits will have to be instituted in the U.S. against this woman called Uju and some others who have been spreading falsehood online that Akata is an ethnic slur [which it is NOT]. This is the only way the falsehoods can stop since some African-Americans and others like some already identified U.S.-based Ibos have refused to take corrections. Millions of U.S. dollars will be paid as damages by these people when the case is won in court.

Cc: Candidtalk, Sukkot, Walkbrazil4k

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uju Anya Insults Jeff Bezos: Says "Otoro gba gbue Gi" by donnie(m): 12:20am On Sep 11, 2022
onez:
For real, let's lower the mic. Colonization though painful but also has it's good side. God bless us all. May the soul of late Queen Elizabeth rest in peace.

Happy slave...what is the good side?
Re: Uju Anya Insults Jeff Bezos: Says "Otoro gba gbue Gi" by donnie(m): 12:21am On Sep 11, 2022
ecolime:
I disagree.

The Asians took their destiny in their hands and have started competing with the colonizers.

Our grandfathers complained, our fathers complained, we are complaining and our children might complain in future.

We Africans should stop this victim mentality. It's irritating.

Asians rejected their white Jesus which you so much love, hence you defence of your white gods.
Re: Uju Anya Insults Jeff Bezos: Says "Otoro gba gbue Gi" by donnie(m): 12:27am On Sep 11, 2022
So none of you can translate? Only noise makers?
Re: Uju Anya Insults Jeff Bezos: Says "Otoro gba gbue Gi" by iamrealdeji(m): 11:45am On Sep 11, 2022
Salubata:
This woman should calm down.

Not everything should be said. She'll destroy herself with are gutter behaviour.

She's being praised into destruction.

Otoro gba gbuo gi "May stomach ache kill you"
how are you a refugee omoredia4presidentttt
Wow,thanks for the translation bro. I've been searching for the meaning of that Igbo phrase. So she cursed Jeff Bezos. I bet Jeff Bezos may have his PA search for the meaning of that term either. I like her courage though but the appraisal of people is already getting into her head indeed. If Jeff Bezos was Nigerian,I bet she may have been warming benches at home in Nigeria after getting fired right now
Re: Uju Anya Insults Jeff Bezos: Says "Otoro gba gbue Gi" by fxexperts: 7:06pm On Sep 11, 2022
uncleck:
You can never be a good history student and not share the same sentiment with this woman. Queen Elizabeth and her family have committed unprecedented evil against humanity. I can't even begin to type the kind of damage they have done to world.

Is it the destruction and the disorientation of African people and their culture? Africa was self sufficient until they came with slave trade wherein they adopted and exported our young main overseas. When they embarked on industrial revolution, they made sure that they replace our food crop production with cash crop production. This singular act ruined Africa.

They brought fake religion that severed Africans from their ancestors thereby making them to lose their history and identity. They made us believe that all our actions are sin; we need a Jesus to justify our sinful nature. Accepting Jesus won't stop us from sinning, but out sins would now be forgiven. Crazy if you ask me!

They drew up the map of the world with blood, cutting families away from each other and joining strangers together. They extol nationalism but condemn tribalism. For goodness sake, tribe is to Africa what nation is to Europeans.

They give freedom to their own on request but suppress any voice of freedom in Africa.

They imposed strange political and education system on us that would never help in addressing our peculiar challenges.

I'm tired of typing

Baba be calming down you all are acting as if Africa was world power before the British invaded. In that era it was all invasion. Even the Roman empire invaded the UK and they are not complaining today, rather they weathered the storm and are a world power today, The British invaded USA and plundered their resources like you all said, and today America is world power they are not crying foul. Why is African own different. Leave that foolish prof who ran away from the shithole she created in her own house to a former British colony for refuse and better life. Why is she not in Aba today and lets see if she will not be on strike right now with ASUU, punishing innocent students.
I pray she get deported. unfortunately the westerners are not like us they always play by the rules. not a zoo where they act any how as they deem fit, if not she would have been on the next flight back home right now. Idiot professor.

1 Like

Re: Uju Anya Insults Jeff Bezos: Says "Otoro gba gbue Gi" by fxexperts: 7:12pm On Sep 11, 2022
aariwa:
Queen supported a lot evil, killings and bloodshed in her lifetime of which she never apologized. She aided Gowon to starve and kill innocent women and children. Paul McCartney of the beetles returned his award to the royal family due to their role in aiding Gowon to kill defenseless civilians. Well known writer Fredrick Forsyth also condemned her role in the Nigerian civil war. Earl spencer princess Diana’s only brother, in 1997 accused the royal family of masterminding the death of his sister because she wanted to marry an African Dodi Fayed. He also said then than m16 the British official intelligence agency carried out the killing in collaboration with their French counterpart- the CEDET. That incident can be attributed to the reason why prince harry had always rebelled against the royal family ie he knows the mum was killed for her affair with a black man so he married a black to pepper dem. The world is always a better place anytime a racist dies
What did you want her to do before, support your sick Biafra. so you all tomorrow can claim the wanted to breakup a sovereign nation. you are all a joke. Biafra declared war on Nigeria, what were you all expecting in a time of war, you want the Nigeria army to meet you all to be bringing groundnut and eating abacha abi. Now that these little ipob kids are still drumming for war. when war start now you will all be claiming that they are killing innocent people. baba it is called war and not sex.

TheRealMalcolmX:
undecided

She has a right to respect or not give a fvck about the Queen. These were people that stole so much from their colonies and didn't give a damn as Nigeria decimated the Igbo people. I may not be Igbo but I understand her anger.
Baba you declared war against Nigeria. you expect the British to come fight for you abi.

DrRasheed:
Actually the Madam is on point. Imagine if Nigeria was never colonized or amalgamated. Each region will be enjoying their abundant resources in peace. grin

I don't understand Yoruba but me too Otoro gba ubanki Elizabeth. undecided
You are right anyway. at least you would have been been in one of the villages in Ogbomoso chasing monkey on trees and marring plenty wives, giving birth to a 100 children and fighting your brother over that piece of land your father left you all. At least you wont know nairaland exist, certainly mobile phones or internet will be alien to you. The mumu Prof UJU would have been stoned to death by now for be a lesbian. Ezemo for done declare her as witch who is responsible for all the problems in her village in Aba, while you guys continue in your mumu killing of innocent twins.

1 Like

Re: Uju Anya Insults Jeff Bezos: Says "Otoro gba gbue Gi" by gare(f): 7:56pm On Sep 11, 2022
2elliot:
Mumu

Na your full family mumu
Re: Uju Anya Insults Jeff Bezos: Says "Otoro gba gbue Gi" by gare(f): 7:57pm On Sep 11, 2022
2elliot:
Mumu

Group of bitter people
Re: Uju Anya Insults Jeff Bezos: Says "Otoro gba gbue Gi" by sweetilicious(f): 2:56am On Sep 12, 2022
aariwa:
Queen supported a lot evil, killings and bloodshed in her lifetime of which she never apologized. She aided Gowon to starve and kill innocent women and children. Paul McCartney of the beetles returned his award to the royal family due to their role in aiding Gowon to kill defenseless civilians. Well known writer Fredrick Forsyth also condemned her role in the Nigerian civil war. Earl spencer princess Diana’s only brother, in 1997 accused the royal family of masterminding the death of his sister because she wanted to marry an African Dodi Fayed. He also said then than m16 the British official intelligence agency carried out the killing in collaboration with their French counterpart- the CEDET. That incident can be attributed to the reason why prince harry had always rebelled against the royal family ie he knows the mum was killed for her affair with a black man so he married a black to pepper dem. The world is always a better place anytime a racist dies
Really?
Re: Uju Anya Insults Jeff Bezos: Says "Otoro gba gbue Gi" by fman(m): 4:45am On Sep 12, 2022
RussellRutherfo:

grin

I, Oloriburuku Omo-Ode, Sewage Prostitute Shapeless Amoeba looking haemophodrite by the name, OSUIGBOFLATHEAD because I have a dementia laced Brain and also I, OSUIGBOFLATHEAD is a Useless Cursed Crack head and a Brain-dead Sewer Water drinking gay.got and son/daughter of a whorish Mother. I, by the Nairaland moniker of OSUIGBOFLATHEAD is ashamed of the Ape like looking father of MINE.

MY Fatherless father who gave birth to 3rd-Class Bas.tard like ME, OSUIGBOFLATHEAD.

I admit that I, OSUIGBOFLATHEAD is Cursed limping Baboon whose herpes infested mouth knows no good.

I, OSUIGBOFLATHEAD admit that I am an expert at being pathetically Useless. A 1st-class nonentity. A useless coward that is scared of real troublemakers like RussellRutherfo. I run like a demented mouse when they come after ME, OSUIGBOFLATHEAD for the display of MY USELESSNESS.
Guy u don dey collo mental like this!!!
Re: Uju Anya Insults Jeff Bezos: Says "Otoro gba gbue Gi" by firstolalekan(m): 7:05pm On Sep 12, 2022
justuschi50:
idiot! Look at the Irish insulting the queen because they know their history. Africans why do we have this slavish mentality.
@bolded must be your mother's middle name. you ill-trained p.ig
Re: Uju Anya Insults Jeff Bezos: Says "Otoro gba gbue Gi" by Babysho(m): 9:45am On Sep 13, 2022
zionstaar75:
do u know America too was colonised?when the colonial masters left the African countries they were better of than now.we keep looking for people to blame for the failure of our countries in Africa. An average Nigerian governor is richer than the American president and we wonder why we're backwards?

Immediately America was colonised by the British, Spanish and French, the first thing they did was set sail for Africa to begin slavery that went on for 400 years.
America wasn't colonised for it's labour or market to be exploited. America had nothing on it, just Indians. They took everything from Africa to America. Royalty was taxing entrepreneurs highly (esp in Britain) so they decided to build their empire made from African slavery in America instead.

I used to be like you. I used to say "how can we blame people that left over 60 years ago". When I got the bottom of it, I realised how naive I had been. The only reason why some African countries were better off then was because they still had their natural resources like gold to trade until the Europeans took EVERYTHING. African countries that had gold have none now.

Back to the main point of leaders. The politics and capitalism we see today in Africa was taught to us by Europeans and the way they did that was with hate, racism and exploitation of labour. What European writers love to point out is that they informally taught Africa industrialisation but they purposely exclude the part where they taught us political exploitation informally.
Formally, they trained offsprings of our kings to see themselves as Europeans first. They also trained cadets to the highest level to carry out these political exploitations. An e.g is Buhari.

The good side of educating these cadets and offsprings of kings is that they got to understand the value of independence so they fought for it but along the way, some bad eggs amongst them learnt that Nigeria could be exploited and our illiteracy capitalised on which was the core of Colonialism. The colonials knew what they did when they joined northern and southern Nigeria.

Whatever "script, syllabus etc" you see these our leaders playing out is not even original. They're only copying what the Europeans did.

The solution, just like what triggered the cadets and offsprings of kings to fight for our independence, is the same. EDUCATION. Even Europeans were exploited by their own rulers X100 of what we have today I mean they still let Monarchs like Queen Elizabeth and the new King rule them without voting till date. We were under colonial masters for 100 years until the colonials do mistake educate us to do their office work because they got lazy and in 2 years people were already fighting for independence angry. Just a taste of education esp in the north go trigger crazy revolts so KEEP EDUCATING PEOPLE!
Re: Uju Anya Insults Jeff Bezos: Says "Otoro gba gbue Gi" by gare(f): 11:59am On Oct 02, 2022
2elliot:
Mumu

Na your mother you call mumu
Re: Uju Anya Insults Jeff Bezos: Says "Otoro gba gbue Gi" by begoniaa: 9:14pm On Nov 01, 2022
Latakia:
u mean like these zombiedients watching the arrival's of Jagaban. If that is the case I say rest in pieces in advance

That's literally not possible, not even for an Indian burnt on a pyre.

You burning in hell? Now that's very realistic. grin
Re: Uju Anya Insults Jeff Bezos: Says "Otoro gba gbue Gi" by Latakia(f): 10:02pm On Nov 01, 2022
begoniaa:

That's literally not possible, not even for an Indian burnt on a pyre.

You burning in hell? Now that's very realistic. grin
u mean like these zombiedients watching the arrival's of Jagaban. If that is the case I say rest in pieces in advance

Re: Uju Anya Insults Jeff Bezos: Says "Otoro gba gbue Gi" by Magnoliaa(f): 9:21am On Nov 04, 2022
Latakia:

My darling friend, and everly most consistent troll,

I am glad you and I have found ourselves in this "quagmiric" situation, most especially during this time for me.

You see, after 3 weeks and some days of us going back and forth, I have conceeded and I accept that some of those zombiedients (NOT OBIDIENTS, mind you) are iLegendd and Vinnie2000. grin

I will make sure to not fail in bringing their monikers to your attention, so you may, or until you understand, we'll drop this.

I deem it necessary that we have them as spectators and diarists of our clash-cum-tug-of-war. It is only befitting that this dance, or whatever of ours, doesn't go unnoticed in the history of times, so do not hesitate in tagging them as one of our infamous zombiedients just to drive your point home.

I will most definitely be expecting your warmest clapback.

May the peace of the Lord be with you.

cc Begoniaa

1 Like

Re: Uju Anya Insults Jeff Bezos: Says "Otoro gba gbue Gi" by Latakia(f): 11:04am On Nov 04, 2022
Magnoliaa:

My darling friend, and everly most consistent troll,

I am glad you and I have found ourselves in this "quagmiric" situation, most especially during this time for me.

You see, after 3 weeks and some days of us going back and forth, I have conceeded and I accept that some of those zombiedients (NOT OBIDIENTS, mind you) are iLegendd and Vinnie2000. grin

I will make sure to not fail in bringing their monikers to your attention, so you may, or until you understand, we'll drop this.

I deem it necessary that we have them as spectators and diarists of our clash-cum-tug-of-war. It is only befitting that this dance, or whatever of ours, doesn't go unnoticed in the history of times, so do not hesitate in tagging them as one of our infamous zombiedients just to drive your point home.

I will most definitely be expecting your warmest clapback.

May the peace of the Lord be with you.

cc Begoniaa
Look at some of the Zombiedients here reading the shocking news that Jagaban will take his campaign rally to Anambra and Imo state on Monday something Obi Pandora dare not.

Re: Uju Anya Insults Jeff Bezos: Says "Otoro gba gbue Gi" by Magnoliaa(f): 11:06am On Nov 04, 2022
Latakia:
Look at some of the Zombiedients here reading the shocking news that Jagaban will take his campaign rally to Anambra and Imo state on Monday something Obi Pandora dare not.

Yesso. Zombiedients like iLegendd and Vinnie2000. grin

You got that right.

Which Pandora, by the way? The one from Greek mythology? 'Cause that's the only one I know of.

1 Like

Re: Uju Anya Insults Jeff Bezos: Says "Otoro gba gbue Gi" by Latakia(f): 12:35pm On Nov 04, 2022
Magnoliaa:

Yesso. Zombiedients like iLegendd and Vinnie2000. grin

You got that right.

Which Pandora, by the way? The one from Greek mythology? 'Cause that's the only one I know of.
This ones are the real zombiedients watching the arrival of Jagaban.

Re: Uju Anya Insults Jeff Bezos: Says "Otoro gba gbue Gi" by Magnoliaa(f): 7:31pm On Nov 04, 2022
Latakia:

So you're saying iLegendd and Vinnie2000 are fake zombies? grin

Ahan. Ahan. What type of thing- what type of manner of insult is that?

I wee not take that o.

1 Like

Re: Uju Anya Insults Jeff Bezos: Says "Otoro gba gbue Gi" by Latakia(f): 8:14pm On Nov 04, 2022
Magnoliaa:

So you're saying iLegendd and Vinnie2000 are fake zombies? grin

Ahan. Ahan. What type of thing- what type of manner of insult is that?

I wee not take that o.

Re: Uju Anya Insults Jeff Bezos: Says "Otoro gba gbue Gi" by Magnoliaa(f): 8:33pm On Nov 04, 2022
Latakia:

So who are Vinnie2000 and iLegendd? undecided

Have you met them? How do you know that they aren't real zombiedients too?

1 Like

Re: Uju Anya Insults Jeff Bezos: Says "Otoro gba gbue Gi" by Latakia(f): 6:05am On Nov 05, 2022
Magnoliaa:

So who are Vinnie2000 and iLegendd? undecided

Have you met them? How do you know that they aren't real zombiedients too?

Re: Uju Anya Insults Jeff Bezos: Says "Otoro gba gbue Gi" by Magnoliaa(f): 9:36am On Nov 05, 2022
Latakia:

Answer my question. angry

iLegendd and Vinnie2000, who are they??

1 Like

Re: Uju Anya Insults Jeff Bezos: Says "Otoro gba gbue Gi" by Latakia(f): 12:49pm On Nov 05, 2022
Magnoliaa:

Answer my question. angry

iLegendd and Vinnie2000, who are they??

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Photos Of Putin’s Newly Mobilized Army Of Aged And Unfit Men Being Sent To Fight / Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) / Biography, Net Worth Of Kamala Harris, The US Vice President-Elect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.