Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,609 members, 7,816,510 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Ojukwu Is Dead? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu Is Dead? (11717 Views)

Ojukwu Is A Coward Whose Grave Is Supposed To Be Spat At -Okorie Chizom / Ojukwu Is A Blood Sucker While The Igbos Are Slaves In Nigeria-EDWIN CLARKE 2003 / Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu Is Dead? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Aug 10, 2011
BizBooks:

The moderators should do well to verify stories before putting them up anywhere especially the front page. If you click on the link to that article, this is what you get:

Must be the handiwork of those Aba hackers.
Re: Ojukwu Is Dead? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 5:33pm On Aug 10, 2011
Fake News! Fake News!
Re: Ojukwu Is Dead? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 5:34pm On Aug 10, 2011
BizBooks:

The moderators should do well to verify stories before putting them up anywhere especially the front page. If you click on the link to that article, this is what you get:

Wat do we expect from an ethnic group that embrace tribalism as a religion. I seriously have my reservations about dis people. Thanks to Nairaland, i did never have known their hearts.
Re: Ojukwu Is Dead? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Aug 10, 2011
For the SINGLE FACT THAT THE ABOVE LINK TO THIS STORY IS FAKE, I DONT BUY THIS!!! undecided
Re: Ojukwu Is Dead? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 5:36pm On Aug 10, 2011
Fake News! Fake News!
Re: Ojukwu Is Dead? by MrCork17: 5:40pm On Aug 10, 2011
is ojuku related to 2pac? undecided
Re: Ojukwu Is Dead? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 5:43pm On Aug 10, 2011
Mr, Cork:

is ojuku related to 2pac?  undecided

No dat is reserved for u and relatives. undecided
Re: Ojukwu Is Dead? by ben68(m): 5:44pm On Aug 10, 2011
may his gentle soul rest in perfect peace-he is one of the most respected elder statesmen in the country who was never intimidated or cowed by the supposedly power that be in the country
Re: Ojukwu Is Dead? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Aug 10, 2011
Mr, Cork:

is ojuku related to hitler  undecided
Yes !
Re: Ojukwu Is Dead? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 5:47pm On Aug 10, 2011
^^U have already written your Obituary, yourself today. Mark my words.
Re: Ojukwu Is Dead? by dayokanu(m): 5:50pm On Aug 10, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

Fake News! OBJ is Dead.

Another good news!!!

This one too Akuntunku re lona orun
Re: Ojukwu Is Dead? by dayokanu(m): 5:52pm On Aug 10, 2011
Re: Ojukwu Is Dead? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 10, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

^^U have already written your Obituary, yourself today. Mark my words.

You be god ? Sorry i don't believe in okija stuff !
Re: Ojukwu Is Dead? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 5:56pm On Aug 10, 2011
^^Wait der nau, your eye go soon see something. no fear or run oooo! As u no fit gap urself. Dead man!
Re: Ojukwu Is Dead? by isalegan2: 6:01pm On Aug 10, 2011
kufreabasi:

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/ojukwu-feared-dead

Ojukwu is dead

. . . Events later worsened, leading Odumegwu-Ojukwu to declare that the Igbos would secede from Nigeria and form a sovereign state, called Biafra. A civil war ensued in 1967 and ended in 1970 with Odumegwu Ojukwu leaving the country on self exile. After 13 years, the federal government granted him an official pardon and he returned in 1982. He was chosen by APGA as its[b] presidential candidate for the April 2007 elections, which was won by Olusegun Obasanjo.[/b]

Reads like the Daily Times was hacked!  How could they print something as the bolded?  They're really sunk in recent years!

Here is the idiot writer refuting his own article. lol
http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/confusion-over-ojukwu
Re: Ojukwu Is Dead? by odumchi: 6:03pm On Aug 10, 2011
Chai Eyah. Ojukwu la na udo. Ga zui Ike.
Re: Ojukwu Is Dead? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 10, 2011
Fly come for nite,i go show you pepper.i hope you fine sha.
Bliss4Lyfe:

^^Wait der nau, your eye go soon see something. no fear or run oooo! As u no fit gap urself. Dead man!
Re: Ojukwu Is Dead? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 6:05pm On Aug 10, 2011
[size=20pt]How many times? Fake fuc.k.in News!!!![/size]
Re: Ojukwu Is Dead? by BizBooks(m): 6:06pm On Aug 10, 2011
dayokanu:

This link is working

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/ojukwu-feared-dead

It has now become a case of now you see it, now you don't. That link too is no longer working. This is what you get when you click it:

Page not found
The requested page could not be found.
Re: Ojukwu Is Dead? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 6:07pm On Aug 10, 2011
[size=20pt]How many times? Fake fuc.k.in News!!!![/size]
Re: Ojukwu Is Dead? by VoodooDoll(m): 6:18pm On Aug 10, 2011
Story retracted:

http://www.dailytimes.com.ng/article/confusion-over-ojukwu

However, a family source has refuted the claims, insisting that the former general is alive. Okigbo Odumegwu-Ojukwu, one of his children, has also reportedly said that the “Ikemba”, as he is popularly known, is alive. Governor Peter Obi of Anambra State, the home state of Odumegwu-Ojukwu, has also refuted the claims.

The former presidential candidate, and chieftain of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), was flown to the UK in December 2010 after he suffered a stroke. He has remained under medical attention in the UK since then.
Re: Ojukwu Is Dead? by LoveIcon: 6:30pm On Aug 10, 2011
May his soul RIP
Re: Ojukwu Is Dead? by ronkebp(f): 6:30pm On Aug 10, 2011
I think some people should get their facts straight before posting anything on here, some say he is dead, his family is saying he is still alive, which wan come be lie now?,
Re: Ojukwu Is Dead? by nwaigbomg(m): 6:35pm On Aug 10, 2011
" i wish you what you wish me, be it good or bad - life, death etc, in equal measure" - Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu Ojukwu.
Re: Ojukwu Is Dead? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 10, 2011
May the good Lord grant him eternal rest.
Re: Ojukwu Is Dead? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Aug 10, 2011
Re: Ojukwu Is Dead? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Aug 10, 2011
Re: Ojukwu Is Dead? by MMM2(m): 6:55pm On Aug 10, 2011
R
I
P
Re: Ojukwu Is Dead? by Donmeca(m): 6:56pm On Aug 10, 2011
This now sounds like when people were shoutin "Zik of Africa is Dead!", making it sound authoritative. this is bad . . .like they are afraid of him.  What has d life or death of Ojukwu to do with d good /bad governance in Nigeria today? This man is suffering and people are bent on making him read his own obituaries on a daily basis.

Below is what I got from http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/confusion-over-ojukwu

Confusion over Ojukwu

The former Biafra leader and APGA chieftain had been hospitalised in the UK since December 2010 after suffering a stroke
Article | August 10, 2011 - 5:31pm | By Chidi Okoye

Former Biafra leader, Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu, who has been receiving medical attention at the Royal Berkshire Hospital, in the UK, was said to have died on Wednesday by sources at the hospital.

However, a family source has refuted the claims, insisting that the former general is alive. Okigbo Odumegwu-Ojukwu, one of his children, has also reportedly said that the “Ikemba”, as he is popularly known, is alive. Governor Peter Obi of Anambra State, the home state of Odumegwu-Ojukwu, has also refuted the claims.

The former presidential candidate, and chieftain of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), was flown to the UK in December 2010 after he suffered a stroke. He has remained under medical attention in the UK since then.
Re: Ojukwu Is Dead? by HighChief4(m): 6:58pm On Aug 10, 2011
Home | News Update | Ojukwu is alive - Gov. Obi
Ojukwu is alive - Gov. Obi
By Our Reporter 24 minutes ago
Font size:    

Ojukwu
Anambra State Governor, Mr. Peter Obi has refuted the rumour making rounds about the death  of the Igbo Leader, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu. He spoke through his Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Mike Udah, following innumerable calls and enquires he received from different quarters. The full text of his speech made available to the press reads:
Gov. Peter Obi has been inundated with calls from many quarters, both within and outside the country on the state of health of Igbo Leader, Dim Chukwuemeka Ojukwu.
The intermittent heightening of tension that has attended his hospitalization shows how dearly Nigerians and the world hold him.
The Governor observes that Dim Ojukwu has continued to attract the attention of the world because of his outstanding his leadership role and assured place in national history, adding that it also shows that his popularity is real.
Gov. Obi thanks all who have continued to show concern about Ojukwu’s ill-health and requests them to continue to pray for his full recovery, re-assuring all Nigerian and foreign admirers of Ojukwu that he is still very much around with us.
He appeals to death-mongers to show a little discretion, especially on issues that are clearly open to confirmation.”

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news-update/15337-ojukwu-is-alive-gov-obi.html

Eze Igbo Gburu Gburu is still much alive. Death-mongers should go find comfort on top of any wet transformer
Re: Ojukwu Is Dead? by Dejitops: 7:01pm On Aug 10, 2011
Great probably one of the greatest Nigerians
R I P

(1) (2) (3) (4)

Igbos Respect Yourselves. / Abubakar Sidiq Usman To Contest For APC National Publicity Secretary (Photos) / FG Set To Audit ₦‎23 Trillion Ways And Means Debt – Edun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.