Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,623 members, 7,816,563 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! (6457 Views)

The Notorious Boko Haram Kingpin Who Was Arrested Today By The Army..photos / Opinion: Goodluck Jonathan Is The 'Mandela' Of Nigeria. / APC E-warriors And Their Satanic Lies: Okupe Did Not Call GEJ The Mandela Of Nig (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by idumuose(m): 11:26pm On Dec 06, 2013
‎​"For you (Igbo and Eastern Nigerians),
I abandoned all ease and embraced pain.
For you I impoverish myself to buy your protection.
For you, I walked every battlefront to assure your welfare.
For you, I stood when every  other person crouched.
For you, I endured 13 years of bitter exile.
For you, I endured 10 months of maximum security prison.
For you, I endured priestly poverty.
For you, I continue to struggle...
What I have said is not harsh,
it is only the naked truth and it
reflect only the intensity of  the love
I harbour for my people."-- General Dim Christopher
Chukwuemeka Odumegwu
Ojukwu.

6 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by Nobody: 11:34pm On Dec 06, 2013
People like Mandela, Ghandi and Martin Luther King does not have to remind their people the degree of sacrifice they have to make for their people.
It is usually the opposite. They often shy away from any type of self glorification.

28 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by ayobase(m): 11:38pm On Dec 06, 2013
"Ojukwu is the Mandela of out time"
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

A contrast or simile?

taaaaaah, get away u....u need to go for re-evaluation!

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by mzlewis(f): 11:58pm On Dec 06, 2013
ta!!!!!ojukwu fought foe d igbos mandela fought for d unity of his nation.....ojukwu brought abt civil war dat claimed the lives if thousands....mandela was in prison for 27yrs avoiding bloodshed

..if u say ghandi i can relate with dat...not ojukwu abeg

4 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by Nobody: 12:28am On Dec 07, 2013
I can unapologetically say that while Mandela strongly fought for the unity of his nation/people and he even embraced the whites (the enemies) into the country....Ojukwu did exactly the opposite! smiley smiley smiley

So stop seeing what's not there

13 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by DerideGull(m): 1:08am On Dec 07, 2013
mzlewis: ta!!!!!ojukwu fought foe d igbos mandela fought for d unity of his nation.....ojukwu brought abt civil war dat claimed the lives if thousands....mandela was in prison for 27yrs avoiding bloodshed

I must say that this demented monkey did not know what got Mandela imprisoned. It was bloodshed that sent Mandela to prison, olodo. By the way, Ojukwu did not bring civil war rather demanded the wellbeing of his people. Gowon precipitated war on Biafra.

From the previous responses to this thread, it is safe to say that most Africans are subhuman. It takes mere addition of a deluded European in their midst to validate the humanity in African. It sucks to be African indeed.

If Mandela had fought for freedom among Zulu, Ndebele and Xhosa without Europeans or apartheid, all these idiotic fanfares from moronic Africans would not have happened.

15 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:13am On Dec 07, 2013
It is a mistake to compare Ojukwu, a hero to mandela, a jailbird.
Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by emiye(m): 1:32am On Dec 07, 2013
It is a case of contrast , One ran away , the other stood and was imprisoned for 27 years

17 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by Napoleondegreat: 1:42am On Dec 07, 2013
Ojukwu represent everything Mandela represented. Haters should deal with it

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by Nobody: 2:59am On Dec 07, 2013
;DLols..too many silly jokers in Nigeria..jst earlier on, one silly man compared him to GEJ..here we go again, comparing him to ojukwu..won't b suprised if another silly person compared him to Asari Dokubo or even Terry G or.....Tonto Dike sef kissLols..

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by bcomputer101: 3:15am On Dec 07, 2013
How can a traitor be the Mandela of Nigeria.

This is a man that doesn't want the unity of Nigeria.

I poo on this thread!

@OP, what brand of cigar do you smoke?

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by Garrithe1st: 3:26am On Dec 07, 2013
Ojukwu is the Mandela of Biafra....

grin

4 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by SLIDEwaxie(m): 4:20am On Dec 07, 2013
Well, i don't like mandela, and i'm not carried away by his hypes.

But it is so clear that while the story of biafrans were related to these OP by his fathers, they were so ashamed to tell him the truth that OJUKWU actually left them for dead on the war front and ran off in some lady's attire!

grin grin grin

But if u say he is ur hero in biafra, well, who doesn't knw that the name 'ibo' is synonymous to 'substandard'?

7 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by MayorofLagos(m): 5:03am On Dec 07, 2013
Aigbofa: People like Mandela, Ghandi, Awolowo and Martin Luther King does not have to remind their people the degree of sacrifice they have to make for their people.
It is usually the opposite. They often shy away from any type of self glorification.

12 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by IleIfe2(m): 5:31am On Dec 07, 2013
SLIDE waxie: Well, i don't like mandela, and i'm not carried away by his hypes.

But it is so clear that while the story of biafrans were related to these OP by his fathers, they were so ashamed to tell him the truth that OJUKWU actually left them for dead on the war front and ran off in some lady's attire!

grin grin grin

But if u say he is ur hero in biafra, well, who doesn't knw that the name 'ibo' is synonymous to 'substandard'?

A lot of "Nigerians" are real lunatics. How dare you compare ojukwu to Mandela or the struggle of negro South Africans to that of biafra? Are you people mad?

You lived in a young country with a promising democracy and your youths wake up one morning after tipping off your own leaders to run, killed maimed and humiliated all the leaders they could get from other tribes in the name of fighting corruption.

Seriously, are you people mad?

12 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by fabraham(m): 5:46am On Dec 07, 2013
A.jeez:
;DLols..too many silly jokers in Nigeria..jst earlier on, one silly man compared him to GEJ..here we go again, comparing him to ojukwu..won't b suprised if another silly person compared him to Asari Dokubo or even Terry G or.....Tonto Dike sef kissLols..
i just wonder why everybody epecially 'the never do well' leaders wants to be associated and liken to Mandela lately.
Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by engrfcuksmtin(m): 6:00am On Dec 07, 2013
At least this is better than the claim of Okupe
bcomputer101: How can a traitor be the Mandela of Nigeria.

I poo on this thread!

bcomputer101: How can a traitor be the Mandela of Nigeria.

I poo on this thread!

Has Nigeria ever been united? Am not an Igbo but, I will do what Ojukwu did for my tribe the only exception is that he allowed youthful exorbitant and ego to over ride him which can happen to anybody at his age then. Please re-read the history and analyse logically, If claim that Ojukwu is traitor then every other Nigerian leader that have seek the liberation of his region is a traitor...Awo, Ahmadu Bello, Isaac Boro..........Zik.

5 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by experimentist: 6:05am On Dec 07, 2013
emiye: It is a case of contrast , One ran away , the other stood and was imprisoned for 27 years
He ranned

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by Nobody: 6:21am On Dec 07, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: It is a mistake to compare Ojukwu, a hero to mandela, a jailbird.

You are talking plain rubbish! Mandela would have never taken his people to war only to run away in the break of dawn dressed like a women. He was willing to die for his beliefs.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by gratieao: 6:22am On Dec 07, 2013
Ojukwu our hero. Haters "Go And Die"

4 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by Nobody: 6:25am On Dec 07, 2013
Napoleondegreat: Ojukwu represent everything Mandela represented. Haters should deal with it

No he does not, and history is the witness. Mandela fought to build a nation not for his Xhosa people, Ojukwu fought to break a nation, for his ibo people.

4 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by Nobody: 6:26am On Dec 07, 2013
Garri the 1st: Ojukwu is the Mandela of Biafra....

grin
Wole soyinka is the Mandela of Biafra

6 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by IAMBREEZY: 6:43am On Dec 07, 2013
This is between the BRAVE AND THE COWARD.
Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by dahmie2013: 6:48am On Dec 07, 2013
Aigbofa: People like Mandela, Ghandi and Martin Luther King does not have to remind their people the degree of sacrifice they have to make for their people.

Ori e ti pe ju.
Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by obalolaunited(m): 6:49am On Dec 07, 2013
experimentist: He ranned

Pls correct me what do u mean by he ranned or is there anything like one ranned away my lecturer

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by collynzo2(m): 6:58am On Dec 07, 2013
mzlewis: ta!!!!!ojukwu fought foe d igbos mandela fought for d unity of his nation.....ojukwu brought abt civil war dat claimed the lives if thousands....mandela was in prison for 27yrs avoiding bloodshed

Who told you Mandela avoided blood shed?
Many people died in the hands of his terrorist group including blacks.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by collynzo2(m): 7:01am On Dec 07, 2013
One used guerilla warfare and terrorist attacks a la boko haram to fight for his people, the other was brave enough to confront his enemies head-on in a civil war.

6 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by Gamji007: 7:07am On Dec 07, 2013
Another flat headed morron will soon say STEALLA Odua is the mandela of Nigeria.

Why won't you peeps allow the poor soul to rest in peace?

angry

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by Nobody: 7:12am On Dec 07, 2013
collynzo2: One used guerilla warfare and terrorist attacks a la boko haram to fight for his people, the other was brave enough to confront his enemies head-on in a civil war.
...but later abandoned his soldiers, women and children in the heat of the war to go cool-off with isi-ewu and chilled palm wine in abidjan with makoosa music at the background.

CANTANKEROUS COWARD

5 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by scribe2000(m): 7:24am On Dec 07, 2013
Hey Pals, don't forget that at the time Mandela was jailed, he was considered a Traitor and a Terrorist by the then Government of South Africa. His passion for the liberty of his people led him to fight and protest, and he DID ALL IN HIS POWER at the time to liberate his people.
Ojukwu did the same, but the outcomes were just different for them, and that is why history view them differently.

Had Biafra succeeded, I'm sure Ojukwu's place is history would be more globally positive. Had Mandela failed, I'm sure his place in history would have been largely negative, particularly given the "terrorism" tag on him when he went to jail. Remember he did not go to jail alone, but where are the others. Just a handful like Oliver Tambo are remembered today.

Remember history sees Ojukwu as fighting the world's JUSTEST war. He just did not win...but he did his best, just lik Mandela.

And to our Southeastern brothers in Nigeria, Ojukwu remains their Mandela.

8 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by deor03(m): 7:33am On Dec 07, 2013
experimentist: He ranned

Lol !!!

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Is The Mandela Of Our Time(with Memorable Pics In The Army)!!!! by mzlewis(f): 7:36am On Dec 07, 2013
DerideGull:

I must say that this demented monkey did not know what got Mandela imprisoned. It was bloodshed that sent Mandela to prison, olodo. By the way, Ojukwu did not bring civil war rather demanded the wellbeing of his people. Gowon precipitated war on Biafra.

From the previous responses to this thread, it is safe to say that most Africans are subhuman. It takes mere addition of a deluded European in their midst to validate the humanity in African. It sucks to be African indeed.

If Mandela had fought for freedom among Zulu, Ndebele and Xhosa without Europeans or apartheid, all these idiotic fanfares from moronic Africans would not have happened.

now listen to me u mannerless hegoat if u dnt kno helw to adress pple u had better keep that pit hole u call a mouth shut....did mandela cause a civil war eh.....can u compare both....by d way ur manners stink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BUSTED: Sanusi Lamido Releases Fake Pic Of Under-age Bride To Deflect Attention / This Picture Only Can Make Sowore The Next President Of Nigeria. / Why Is Arabic Written On Nigeria Army Logo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.