Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,998 members, 7,835,353 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

How Do I Receive Money From UK - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do I Receive Money From UK (690 Views)

I Receive Alert Every Four Days. Ask Me How? / Paypal Nigeria 2019: Create Paypal Account That Sends And Receive Money In Niger / Freelance Payment: How To Receive Money From Abroad In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Receive Money From UK by SMGGroup: 10:13am On Sep 10, 2022
A UK friend wants to send money to me and asked for my bank IBAN and BIC numbers. I don message UBA on twitter alongside series of emails, yet no response.

Is there any other way i can get him to do the transfer without using IBAN and BIC, whatever that means.

Note that i cant go to the bank because it's weekend.
Re: How Do I Receive Money From UK by MatrixReloaded: 10:15am On Sep 10, 2022
SMGGroup:
A UK friend wants to send money to me and asked for my bank IBAN and BIC numbers. I don message UBA on twitter alongside series of emails, yet no response.

Is there any other way i can get him to do the transfer without using IBAN and BIC, whatever that means.

Domiciliary acc.
UBA is simple na
SWIFT code UNAFNGLA
Western Union, Money Gram is OK.

Anything for weekend ? lipsrsealed
Re: How Do I Receive Money From UK by advanceDNA: 10:31am On Sep 10, 2022
SMGGroup:

Note that i cant go to the bank because it's weekend.

He should use transfer wise..u can go collect the foreign currency in a bank on monday

1 Like

Re: How Do I Receive Money From UK by SMGGroup: 11:29am On Sep 10, 2022
MatrixReloaded:

Domiciliary acc.
UBA is simple na
SWIFT code UNAFNGLA
Western Union, Money Gram is OK.

Anything for weekend ? lipsrsealed

I don't have domiciliary account
Bro you mean i should send him UNAFNGLA as my account number. How do i get the money from UBA when it arrives. Cos i don't think that money will drop directly to my account.

Kindly tell me about money gram. And how to use it this weekend
Re: How Do I Receive Money From UK by SMGGroup: 11:31am On Sep 10, 2022
advanceDNA:

He should use transfer wise..u can go collect the foreign currency in a bank on monday

Kindly tell me how to use Transfer wise. Can anybody just show me the process pleaseeeeeee
Re: How Do I Receive Money From UK by advanceDNA: 12:00pm On Sep 10, 2022
SMGGroup:

Kindly tell me how to use Transfer wise. Can anybody just show me the process pleaseeeeeee

https://wise.com/

He will create account ..less than 3 mins
And send money to you in less than 5 mins..
Easy to navigate....
Tell the person your full name as it appears on your bvn... you really dont need ID to show at the bank to collect dollars...
UbA does tra.sferwise

He will give you code...
Re: How Do I Receive Money From UK by SMGGroup: 12:05pm On Sep 10, 2022
advanceDNA:

Easy to navigate....
Tell the person your full name as it appears on your bvn... you really dont need ID to show at the bank to collect dollars...
UbA does tra.sferwise

He will give you code...

What you are saying is that i don't need to have an account with Wise. If that is the case, what number should i send to him in order to get the money through UBA
Re: How Do I Receive Money From UK by advanceDNA: 12:17pm On Sep 10, 2022
SMGGroup:

What you are saying is that i don't need to have an account with Wise. If that is the case, what number should i send to him in order to get the money through UBA

U dont need to have account
He will just register on the site...initiate the transfer with his card...

He will i put just your name as beneficiary as it is on your bvn because cos bank will ask for your bvn before they pay you dollars..

No need of your any number...you can give him your email..they will alert u he has sent it..
Re: How Do I Receive Money From UK by SMGGroup: 12:26pm On Sep 10, 2022
advanceDNA:

U dont need to have account
He will just register on the site...initiate the transfer with his card...

He will i put just your name as beneficiary as it is on your bvn because cos bank will ask for your bvn before they pay you dollars..

No need of your any number...you can give him your email..they will alert u he has sent it..

I still have one more question. How is UBA bank going to receive it since i didn't give him any number linking the transaction to UBA.

I don't know if there is a UBA unique number that i have to give him together with my name as beneficiary
Re: How Do I Receive Money From UK by MatrixReloaded: 12:32pm On Sep 10, 2022
SMGGroup:

I don't have domiciliary account
Bro you mean i should send him UNAFNGLA as my account number. How do i get the money from UBA when it arrives. Cos i don't think that money will drop directly to my account.

Kindly tell me about money gram. And how to use it this weekend

Yea your
Nuban Acc no: UBA 10digit acct
Swift code: UNAFNGLA
Acc Name:
Bank Name;
When the money is being sent he will give u telex receipt. That will show when rhe funds should arrive your account. Go to bank and tender ur receipt of inbound payment. Bank will determine either to give u raw currency or pay into your account. Mostly customers opt for raw cash to haggle the price with local money vendors.
Re: How Do I Receive Money From UK by MatrixReloaded: 12:35pm On Sep 10, 2022
SMGGroup:

U too know all, OP is not too advance to make such request, allow him to use what he has at now and subsequently advance to higher experience. Regardless Bank will tell him too.. not all banks accept that transfer wise, skrill , etc money Gram is acceptable everywhere. The person sending the funds too might be novice. Don't complicate his vision.

advanceDNA:

Easy to navigate....
UbA does tra.sferwise

He will give you code...
Re: How Do I Receive Money From UK by SMGGroup: 12:37pm On Sep 10, 2022
MatrixReloaded:

Yea your
Nuban Acc no:
Swift code:
Acc Name:
Bank Name;
When the money is being sent he will give u telex receipt. That will show when rhe funds should arrive your account. Go to bank and tender ur receipt of inbound payment. Bank will determine either to give u raw currency or pay into your account. Mostly customers opt for raw cash to haggle the price with local money vendors.

How do i get the nuban account and the swift code
Re: How Do I Receive Money From UK by MatrixReloaded: 12:40pm On Sep 10, 2022
SMGGroup:

Beta use your acc so u can also get the "CBN grant when received foreign currency to your account.
Re: How Do I Receive Money From UK by advanceDNA: 12:59pm On Sep 10, 2022
SMGGroup:

I still have one more question. How is UBA bank going to receive it since i didn't give him any number linking the transaction to UBA.

I don't know if there is a UBA unique number that i have to give him together with my name as beneficiary

Oga..no over think am....
The person abroad knows transfer wise or has used similar stuff to swnd money....hope no be maga whity oooo??
Leave UBA and how they will know...when the person transfers the money..UbA will will receive it..its not only uba that is a client to transfer wise evem accessbank too.... whem he finishes the tramsaction on his phone tgey will give him a code he will give to you....

lóbátán....
Next stop... aboki malam 702/dollar
Re: How Do I Receive Money From UK by advanceDNA: 1:00pm On Sep 10, 2022
MatrixReloaded:

Beta use your acc so u can also get the "CBN grant when received foreign currency to your account.

He will also get it with transferwise or any other money transfer agent
Re: How Do I Receive Money From UK by SMGGroup: 1:27pm On Sep 10, 2022
MatrixReloaded
advanceDNA

una too much. Have gotten all the info i need from you guys. Nairaland is really amazing

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Warehouse For Sale / Naira Rates Against The Usd, Gbp, Euro Today October 22, 2023 / BAD ECONOMY: How Do You Receive Payment For Working For Overseas Clients?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.