Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,807 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

See The Person Who Needs No Documents To Travel To Anywhere On Earth -photos - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / See The Person Who Needs No Documents To Travel To Anywhere On Earth -photos (3332 Views)

Coronavirus: ISIS Tells Terrorist Not To Travel To Europe For Jihad / Iran Arrests Person Who Filmed Bombshell Footage Of Jet Downing / Bow To Russia, The Most Powerful Military On Earth [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Person Who Needs No Documents To Travel To Anywhere On Earth -photos by FullBlastLight: 10:53am On Sep 10, 2022
The Woman Who Didn't Need Any Passport Or Document To Travel To Anywhere On This Planet, QUEEN ELIZABETH II

Queen Elizabeth II, the UK’s longest-serving monarch for the past 70 years, has died aged 96, Buckingham Palace announced.

Queen Elizabeth II Owns The Largest Clear Cut Diamond In The World Known As ''The Great Star Of Africa'' The 530 Carats Gem Was Mined In South Africa Back In 1905.

The woman who didn’t need any passport or document and permission to travel to anywhere on the Planet Earth, Queen Elizabeth II.

She reigns longer than her father, uncle, grandfather and great-grandfather, all of them put together.

On Thursday, September 8, 2022, her reign ended. She was married for seventy three (73) years and ruled for seventy (70) years.

Crowned at the age of twenty six (26), the most powerful woman on earth, lived for ninety six (96) years!!

Rip Queen Elizabeth II

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Person Who Needs No Documents To Travel To Anywhere On Earth -photos by Manson1(m): 10:55am On Sep 10, 2022
Rest well queen
Re: See The Person Who Needs No Documents To Travel To Anywhere On Earth -photos by culf: 11:02am On Sep 10, 2022
Awesome! may her soul rest in peace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Person Who Needs No Documents To Travel To Anywhere On Earth -photos by LordIsaac(m): 11:04am On Sep 10, 2022
One of the people predestined to enjoy this world. I pray she's resting with the Lord. wink

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Person Who Needs No Documents To Travel To Anywhere On Earth -photos by Jostoman: 11:05am On Sep 10, 2022
R.I.P Queen,
Re: See The Person Who Needs No Documents To Travel To Anywhere On Earth -photos by Kotudeji: 11:06am On Sep 10, 2022
Money can't buy life.

This is why God is God

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The Person Who Needs No Documents To Travel To Anywhere On Earth -photos by Nobody: 11:29am On Sep 10, 2022
Kotudeji:
Money can't buy life.

This is why God is God
Exactly

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Person Who Needs No Documents To Travel To Anywhere On Earth -photos by nazicartel(m): 11:52am On Sep 10, 2022
Kotudeji:
Money can't buy life.

This is why God is God
e don buy her life till 96. E no easy

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: See The Person Who Needs No Documents To Travel To Anywhere On Earth -photos by Ijoh(m): 11:56am On Sep 10, 2022
Queen Elizabeth last words�️:

"I'd rather die than watch Ronaldo play the Europa League."� �

1 Like

Re: See The Person Who Needs No Documents To Travel To Anywhere On Earth -photos by Laggafin: 2:48pm On Sep 10, 2022
Stop Glorifying vain tins.. she stole all those diamonds and gold from Africa

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Person Who Needs No Documents To Travel To Anywhere On Earth -photos by FERNANDEZISBACK: 3:22pm On Sep 10, 2022
Laggafin:
Stop Glorifying vain tins.. she stole all those diamonds and gold from Africa
So they didn't loot India or USA or there other colonies?
Keep wailing while other countries have moved on and doing fine.. undecided

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The Person Who Needs No Documents To Travel To Anywhere On Earth -photos by Laggafin: 3:27pm On Sep 10, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

So they didn't loot India or USA or there other colonies?
Keep wailing while other countries have moved on and doing fine.. undecided
Comrade go and read up .. before you tag my mentions so u don't sound unintelligent

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Person Who Needs No Documents To Travel To Anywhere On Earth -photos by FERNANDEZISBACK: 3:31pm On Sep 10, 2022
Laggafin:

Comrade go and read up .. before you tag my mentions so u don't sound unintelligent
Why not shut up and stop embarrassing yourself..I repeat did they not loot other colonies or why you kids choose to remain stagnant and always talk nonsense..

Did your government not steal worse than that..?
Where are you now?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Person Who Needs No Documents To Travel To Anywhere On Earth -photos by Laggafin: 3:35pm On Sep 10, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Why not shut up and stop embarrassing yourself..I repeat did they not loot other colonies or why you kids choose to remain stagnant and always talk nonsense..

Did your government not steal worse than that..?
Where are you now?
I just burst in Agbado style laughter' gbadocacacaca when I read ur imbecilic rants.. try harder next time
Re: See The Person Who Needs No Documents To Travel To Anywhere On Earth -photos by FERNANDEZISBACK: 3:40pm On Sep 10, 2022
Laggafin:

I just burst in Agbado style laughter' gbadocacacaca when I read ur imbecilic rants.. try harder next time
Try harder with the blame game and victim card.. undecided
Re: See The Person Who Needs No Documents To Travel To Anywhere On Earth -photos by Laggafin: 3:42pm On Sep 10, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Try harder with the blame game and victim card.. undecided
You are simply suffering chronic inferiority complex.. I can't help u bro

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Person Who Needs No Documents To Travel To Anywhere On Earth -photos by FERNANDEZISBACK: 3:45pm On Sep 10, 2022
Laggafin:

You are simply suffering chronic inferiority complex.. I can't help u bro
You are just a narcissist and I can't help you.. undecided
Re: See The Person Who Needs No Documents To Travel To Anywhere On Earth -photos by Laggafin: 3:50pm On Sep 10, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

You are just a narcissist and I can't help you.. undecided
Stop hybernating in cursory illusions to be defending dustbin schisms.. I mean what is wrong in someone calling out an oppressive crown that raped Africa horrendously more than any other part of the world it colonized I repeat bro pls go read up .. den tag me to be better educated

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Person Who Needs No Documents To Travel To Anywhere On Earth -photos by FERNANDEZISBACK: 3:55pm On Sep 10, 2022
Laggafin:

Stop hybernating in cursory illusions to be defending dustbin schisms.. I mean what is wrong in someone calling out an oppressive crown that raped Africa horrendously more than any other part of the world it colonized I repeat bro pls go read up .. den tag me to be better educated
Stop hybernating little boy and take responsibility..I mean how can you keep talking about this same issue others have gone past?
Did they also milk your brain?or stop you from thinking..the resources they didn't milk how far has it gotten you folks?
Come on boy it's lame already and no one takes you guys serious..other colony are doing fine but you keep wailing all day..
It you seem to focus on their bad side and leave out the side that benefited you Dumbos?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Person Who Needs No Documents To Travel To Anywhere On Earth -photos by Laggafin: 4:00pm On Sep 10, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Stop hybernating little boy and take responsibility..I mean how can you keep talking about this same issue others have gone past?
Did they also milk your brain?or stop you from thinking..the resources they didn't milk how far has it gotten you folks?
Come on boy it's lame already and no one takes you guys serious..other colony are doing fine but you keep wailing all day..
It you seem to focus on their bad side and leave out the side that benefited you Dumbos?
Another lame bants.. Now can I ask you dumb skull if Britain sold Indians or native Americans out as slaves? If u can answer this question objectively..then it will shut your cesspit vitrols

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Person Who Needs No Documents To Travel To Anywhere On Earth -photos by FERNANDEZISBACK: 4:13pm On Sep 10, 2022
Laggafin:

Another lame bants.. Now can I ask you dumb skull if Britain sold Indians or native Americans out as slaves? If u can answer this question objectively..then it will shut your cesspit vitrols
But you Nigerians have been enslaving yourself before they even came in to Colonise y'all tho.. grin
Your forefathers sold your fellow Africans to the British masters so why wailing like a kid?
You conquered other tribe and captured some others for slavery why complaining about the British action..

And concerning Indians..The British- as well as the Dutch and Arabs and Indians themselves- enslaved Indians, both inside India and for export...
Africans usually sold their neighbours who they did not consider to be their own kind and usually after defeating them in battle... so what the f**k are you saying?
Or how your own sold Nigeria to the British?or how the British abolished slave trade.. undecided

Re: See The Person Who Needs No Documents To Travel To Anywhere On Earth -photos by Laggafin: 4:26pm On Sep 10, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

But you Nigerians have been enslaving yourself before they even came in to Colonise y'all tho.. grin
Your forefathers sold your fellow Africans to the British masters so why wailing like a kid?
You conquered other tribe and captured some others for slavery why complaining about the British action..

And concerning Indians..The British- as well as the Dutch and Arabs and Indians themselves- enslaved Indians, both inside India and for export...
Africans usually sold their neighbours who they did not consider to be their own kind and usually after defeating them in battle... so what the f**k are you saying?
Or how your own sold Nigeria to the British?or how the British abolished slave trade.. undecided
Good.. at least I have made You read up and enlighten yourself a lil bit more.. But the question remains ,,,did Briton sell oda races or export them to other parts of the world in the large scale in which they did in Africa and most especially Black Africans!!!! Fernandez answer this question objectively for the last time.. Again are u a guy or girl biko?
Re: See The Person Who Needs No Documents To Travel To Anywhere On Earth -photos by FERNANDEZISBACK: 4:39pm On Sep 10, 2022
Laggafin:

Good.. at least I have made You read up and enlighten yourself a lil bit more.. But the question remains did Briton sell oda races or export them to other parts of the world in the large scale in which they did in Africa and most especially Black Africans!!!! Fernandez answer this question objectively for the last time.. Again are u a guy or girl biko?
I'm the one enlightening you here..you Said they enslaved you like you guys haven't been doing worse than that before being one..
You asked me a question and I gave you an answer..
The African slave trade existed for 100s of years before Europeans started to be customers...

The British were enslaved for hundreds of years by Romans..vikings..the African Moors !
The Romans came and enslaved them
The Saxons had it had asocial welfare scheme..
Irish they raided them for slaves
vikings too..
then the N Africans raided S.England for slaves

The slaves in Africa were “made" by African tribes in inter tribal wars..African empires like the songhai and Ashanti and Muslim slavers who had small slave kingdoms all over Africa...
The British however bought slaves just like every other nation and people in the world at that time and then transported them to America to work on the plantations..The transport was pretty horrific as the journey across the sea was dangerous even for a normal passenger but slaves were crammed in horrendous conditions. Once there they faced back breaking work in plantations or as house workers but although a terrible life they were more lucky than their fellow slaves who had stayed in Africa or been taken by Muslim slavers...

The British public and parliament holding Christian values saw how wrong slavery was and this anger grew and grew until the British became the first people to ban slavery and start to force others to do the same...Capturing American ships transporting slaves and freeing slaves...Forcing African tribes to give up the practice and putting pressure on other nations to do the same...In many cases having to go to war to stop these practices for example with the Ashanti. . undecided
The better question should be why did British abolish slave trade when they benefited from the labor market? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Person Who Needs No Documents To Travel To Anywhere On Earth -photos by Laggafin: 4:50pm On Sep 10, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

I'm the one enlightening you here..you Said they enslaved you like you guys haven't been doing worse than that before being one..
You asked me a question and I gave you an answer..
The African slave trade existed for 100s of years before Europeans started to be customers...

The British were enslaved for hundreds of years by Romans..vikings..the African Moors !
The Romans came and enslaved them
The Saxons had it had asocial welfare scheme..
Irish they raided them for slaves
vikings too..
then the N Africans raided S.England for slaves

The slaves in Africa were “made" by African tribes in inter tribal wars..African empires like the songhai and Ashanti and Muslim slavers who had small slave kingdoms all over Africa...
The British however bought slaves just like every other nation and people in the world at that time and then transported them to America to work on the plantations..The transport was pretty horrific as the journey across the sea was dangerous even for a normal passenger but slaves were crammed in horrendous conditions. Once there they faced back breaking work in plantations or as house workers but although a terrible life they were more lucky than their fellow slaves who had stayed in Africa or been taken by Muslim slavers...

The British public and parliament holding Christian values saw how wrong slavery was and this anger grew and grew until the British became the first people to ban slavery and start to force others to do the same...Capturing American ships transporting slaves and freeing slaves...Forcing African tribes to give up the practice and putting pressure on other nations to do the same...In many cases having to go to war to stop these practices for example with the Ashanti. . undecided
The better question should be why did British abolish slave trade when they benefited from the labor market? undecided
Im impressed a bit .. u sound knowledgeable at this last write up.. but then it dosnt make it right if they helped to exercabate and make slavery become a huge enterprise of global proportions . To your question .. they began to run crusade against slavery only after the industrial revolution .. when exporting slaves was no longer profitable cuz machines and steam engines has replaced human labour in their new world
Re: See The Person Who Needs No Documents To Travel To Anywhere On Earth -photos by FERNANDEZISBACK: 5:11pm On Sep 10, 2022
Laggafin:

Im impressed a bit .. u sound knowledgeable at this last write up.. but then it dosnt make it right if they helped to exercabate and make slavery become a huge enterprise of global proportions . To your question .. they began to run crusade against slavery only after the industrial revolution .. when exporting slaves was no longer profitable cuz machines and steam engines has replaced human labour in their new world
Look during that period slavery was a huge business...I mean hooge.. grin for some private persons..
They(British empire) wanted to do the ‘right thing.'..not everyone in Britain was so high minded..of course. But the driving political force was Wilberforce and the other abolitionists... At least with respect to the Atlantic slave trade...

The “British Empire” made almost nothing, it was not a profit making operation...The money was made by businesses and their backers...You had shipbuilders..traders..suppliers..sailors..metalworkers...clerks..bankers..lawyers and hundreds of other trades...

Slavery -and I am assuming you mean just the relatively short period of the trans-Atlantic slave trade - was a capitalist and private enterprise operation involving people of all colours from Africa..Asia.. Europe and the Americas...

Running the Royal Navy Anti-Slavery patrols off the African coast now that DID cost the British a lot of money..so?

1 Like

Re: See The Person Who Needs No Documents To Travel To Anywhere On Earth -photos by Laggafin: 5:21pm On Sep 10, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Look during that period slavery was a huge business...I mean hooge.. grin for some private persons..
They(British empire) wanted to do the ‘right thing.'..not everyone in Britain was so high minded..of course. But the driving political force was Wilberforce and the other abolitionists... At least with respect to the Atlantic slave trade...

The “British Empire” made almost nothing, it was not a profit making operation...The money was made by businesses and their backers...You had shipbuilders..traders..suppliers..sailors..metalworkers...clerks..bankers..lawyers and hundreds of other trades...

Slavery -and I am assuming you mean just the relatively short period of the trans-Atlantic slave trade - was a capitalist and private enterprise operation involving people of all colours from Africa..Asia.. Europe and the Americas...

Running the Royal Navy Anti-Slavery patrols off the African coast now that DID cost the British a lot of money..so?

Hey u beginning to sound lame again. How do u separate the crown from its citizens who were trading in slaves and natural resource from Africa It's like saying south African Govt has no business with its octopus companies here like MTN.. ShopRite and the likes

Where is the place of repatriated funds to mother countries by expatriate concerns or organizations!! Pls stop turning logic upside down and distort facts cuz you in haste to make points. I have lived in Britain and still have siblings there.. the average English man is exploitative.. and it's the only country in the world..quote me if im wrong where 80 percent or more of govts revenue comes solely from Taxation.. and if you are saying that the crown wasn't necessarily interested in African slaves and its resources.. then they was absolutely no need to colonize her angry
Re: See The Person Who Needs No Documents To Travel To Anywhere On Earth -photos by FERNANDEZISBACK: 5:38pm On Sep 10, 2022
Laggafin:

Hey u beginning to sound lame again. How do u separate the crown from its citizens who were trading in slaves and natural resource from Africa It's like saying south African Govt has no business with its octopus companies here like MTN.. ShopRite and the likes

Where is the place of repatriated funds to mother countries by expatriate concerns or organizations!! Pls stop turning logic upside down and distort facts cuz you in haste to make points. I have lived in Britain and still have siblings there.. the average English man is exploitative.. and it's the only country in the world..quote me if im wrong where 80 percent or more of govts revenue comes solely from Taxation.. and if you are saying that the crown wasn't necessarily interested in African slaves and its resources.. then they was absolutely no need to colonize her angry
Every society in history has endorsed slavery. Every. Society. In. History.
Are you with me?

Arabs. Chinese. Indians. Mayans. Japanese. Russians. Americans. North American Indians. Egyptians. Babylonians. Romans. Greeks. Vikings.
All were slave societies. Every last one of them. And many more, too.
Everyone...

Let's talk about what you probably mean by slavery - exporting Black Africans as slaves.
It began with the Arabs who found that stealing black Africans was highly profitable for trade to the east of Arabian countries primarily taking East Africans from the area around what is now Nigeriaband selling them in Persia and India...
It was taken up by the Portuguese who found that providing ocean transport around the Cape of Good Hope for the slaves was an efficient way to pay for costs of exploration...

It was echoed by the Spanish who found South Americans were easily made slaves and were good with horses... then the British abolished it before the Queen's birth.. undecided so why link it to her..
Talking about colonization..seems you didn't read your history book..they did not come to Colonise Nigeria cos they needed slaves...

1 Like

Re: See The Person Who Needs No Documents To Travel To Anywhere On Earth -photos by Laggafin: 5:54pm On Sep 10, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Every society in history has endorsed slavery. Every. Society. In. History.
Are you with me?

Arabs. Chinese. Indians. Mayans. Japanese. Russians. Americans. North American Indians. Egyptians. Babylonians. Romans. Greeks. Vikings.
All were slave societies. Every last one of them. And many more, too.
Everyone...

Let's talk about what you probably mean by slavery - exporting Black Africans as slaves.
It began with the Arabs who found that stealing black Africans was highly profitable for trade to the east of Arabian countries primarily taking East Africans from the area around what is now Nigeriaband selling them in Persia and India...
It was taken up by the Portuguese who found that providing ocean transport around the Cape of Good Hope for the slaves was an efficient way to pay for costs of exploration...

It was echoed by the Spanish who found South Americans were easily made slaves and were good with horses... then the British abolished it before the Queen's birth.. undecided so why link it to her..
Talking about colonization..seems you didn't read your history book..they did not come to Colonise Nigeria cos they needed slaves...
I guess u reading from a biased distorted mind.. dats why u find it hard to comprehend my schisms.. I never said other European countries or Arabs or even Africans didn't engage in one form of slave enterprise or the other.. I mean for us here in Nigeria.. it was the Britons who were garullousLy involved in exporting my forebears in huge scale or commercial quantities to the new world before the industrial revolution that forced their hands to change tactics of replacing slave trade with effective occupation of hitherto slave territories,, to gain unfettered access to raw materials highly needed to supply chimneys and industrual machines back home in production hitherto done by slave labour.. That's the real macoy why they stoped slave trade.. pls stop distorting facts..
Also if the Queen was mesonic and clean in your words as not being the one whoSE tenure as Briton crown head dealt in slaves.. the onus was on her to publicly apologize to all those who have been dealt a sour blow by her predecessors in which she represents today to forgive the crimes of the past moving on.. that would have gone a long way to heal memoirs and angst against the imperial crown
Re: See The Person Who Needs No Documents To Travel To Anywhere On Earth -photos by FERNANDEZISBACK: 6:05pm On Sep 10, 2022
Laggafin:

I guess u reading from a biased distorted mind.. dats why u find it hard to comprehend my schisms.. I never said other European countries or Arabs or even Africans didn't engage in one form of slave enterprise or the other.. I mean for us here in Nigeria.. it was the Britons who were garullousLy involved in exporting my forebears in huge scale or commercial quantities to the new world before the industrial revolution that forced their hands to change tactics of replacing slave trade with effective occupation of hitherto slave territories to gain unfettered access to raw materials highly needed to supply chimneys and industrual machines back home in production hitherto done by slave labour.. that's the real macoy why they stoped slave trade.. pls stop distorting facts..
Also if the Queen was mesonic and clean in your words as not being the one whoSE tenure as Briton crown head dealt in slaves.. the onus was on her to publicly apologize to all those who have been dealt a sour blow by her predecessors in which she represents today to forgive the crimes of the past moving on.. that would have gone a long way to heal memoirs and angst against the imperial crown
What are you typing? grin
If you say the British exported you guys.. then it was you folks who sold yourself out to them.. wink
And by the way..why does that bother you when yve been enslaving yourselves by conquering each other even before they came to your country?

Europeans merchants purchased Africa slaves from Africans themselves..not like they forcefully took you folks..
As I said earlier it was considered as business then..the British government did not export any Nigerian as slave..

And after abolishing the slave trade they freed and prolly settled the affected..so tell me how did they export slaves out when it was already abolished all around the globe?

2 Likes

Re: See The Person Who Needs No Documents To Travel To Anywhere On Earth -photos by Laggafin: 6:15pm On Sep 10, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

What are you typing? grin
If you say the British exported you guys.. then it was you folks who sold yourself out to them.. wink
And by the way..why does that bother you when yve been enslaving yourselves by conquering each other even before they came to your country?

Europeans merchants purchased Africa slaves from Africans themselves..not like they forcefully took you folks..
As I said earlier it was considered as business then..the British government did not export any Nigerian as slave..

And after abolishing the slave trade they freed and prolly settled the affected..so tell me how did they export slaves out when it was already abolished all around the globe?
I thought you are a child of international relations or political science.. but ur schisms I'm sorry is hollow.. u keep making distorted claims that the British government or the crown wasn't actively involved in slave trade.. have u heard the story of John Hawkins and how he helped the crown ( Queen Elizabeth the 1st) deal in slaves that was hugely successful to point that a coat of arm was done with portraits of blacks in chains to show possession and conquering of a race... I repeat bro or sister.. read up

Again if you say they settled Africans in Sierra Leone for example.. it was done out of racist urge of purging their metropoles of negroes who weren't necessarily needed anymore ..but their resources back home in Africa
Re: See The Person Who Needs No Documents To Travel To Anywhere On Earth -photos by FERNANDEZISBACK: 6:26pm On Sep 10, 2022
Laggafin:

I thought you are a child of international relations or political science.. but ur schisms I'm sorry is hollow.. u keep making distorted claims that the British government or the crown wasn't actively involved in slave trade.. have u heard the story of Livingstone and how he helped the crown deal in slaves that was hugely successful to point that a coat of arm was done with portraits of blacks in chains to show possession and conquering of a race... I repeat bro or sister.. read up

Again if you say they settled Africans in Sierra Leone for example.. it was done out of racist urge of purging their metropoles of negroes who weren't necessarily needed anymore ..but their resources back home in Africa
You just said Britain exported your people in your previous comment..which was a normal business for merchant including Africans..Even when Africans were full participants...

At the height of the slave trade Europeans weren’t powerful enough to capture all that many slaves from the shores. The majority of the slaves they acquired were purchased from local African rulers. Where did the African rulers get them? Usually from war...Why did they sell other Africans to Europeans? For the same reason the Saxons had gone to war against the Wends: sharing a continent and a skin complexion does not make you one people...

So your argument is hereby dismissed because slavery has been abolished long before British government even came to Nigeria..so those who traded slaves were considered criminals and it was not done by the British government...
Or was it not the same British government that fought against slave ownership...

I repeat if you were talking about the slave trade before the abolishment of slaves then yes everyone was a participants including Africans themselves...
Re: See The Person Who Needs No Documents To Travel To Anywhere On Earth -photos by Laggafin: 6:47pm On Sep 10, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

You just said Britain exported your people in your previous comment..which was a normal business for merchant including Africans..Even when Africans were full participants...

At the height of the slave trade Europeans weren’t powerful enough to capture all that many slaves from the shores. The majority of the slaves they acquired were purchased from local African rulers. Where did the African rulers get them? Usually from war...Why did they sell other Africans to Europeans? For the same reason the Saxons had gone to war against the Wends: sharing a continent and a skin complexion does not make you one people...

So your argument is hereby dismissed because slavery has been abolished long before British government even came to Nigeria..so those who traded slaves were considered criminals and it was not done by the British government...
Or was it not the same British government that fought against slave ownership...

I repeat if you were talking about the slave trade before the abolishment of slaves then yes everyone was a participants including Africans themselves...
I see you are being mischievous so as to prolong this conversations cause if not.. You will take time to read my write up like I do to yours.. comprehend before responding.. you just keep cutting and joining your points and at end you distort your points.. before now u said British Govt or its crown was never actively involved in slave trade in Africa ditto Nigeria.. and I directed U to go read up the crown of blood that was started effectively by Queen Elizabeth the 1st when she engaged JOHN HAWKINS.. a notorious British slave merchant in African Slaves .. who successfully helped her import slaves abundantly into Europe and their new world.. infact she was so happy that she honoured Hawkins with a coat of arms of nude Africans in chains..
And kings after her like King Charles and the rest also dealt heavily in African Slaves..
Now u just being clever by half when you say the British fought slave trade and it's eventual abolition cause thats a lie from pit of hell.. i repeat the only reason it seemed as though they fought for slave abolishment was because of the INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION.. - go read up on this too; the revolution brought about machines replacing hand or African labour.. so they was no need to keep on importing slaves to work in plantations when machines have been invented that were far more efficient than human or slave labour. .
Finally to your point where you said Africans also aided the trade.. you and i read from history that Africans were not as sophisticated as these imperial racist Europeans when they came to our shores.. therefore they cud do little or nothing to stop the hermorage.. even for those who resisted them.. they punished them .. forcefully raided their communities .. took Africans captives by force and even killed or replaced African king's with those who are willing to do their biddings. So please before u come in an open fora like this to throw schisms.. have your facts right.. cuz a lot of people learn too from this exchanges

(1) (2) (Reply)

Russia Will Forcefully Take Back Alaska From U.S, If Provoked (Photos) / Check Out Trump's Tweet As #impeachtrump Trends Online / Claim: Obama Hid 'Gay Life' To Become President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.