Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,445 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

What Codng Languages Are Needed to Develop A Fintech Like Flutterwave - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Codng Languages Are Needed to Develop A Fintech Like Flutterwave (2539 Views)

Come Become Part Of Something Big: Let's Build A Fintech Startup Together. / What Kind Of Technologies Will I Need To Build A Fintech Application? / How Many Languages Are You Supposed To Learn? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Codng Languages Are Needed to Develop A Fintech Like Flutterwave by EngrKemp: 5:35pm On Sep 10, 2022
What coding language do fintech developers use?
Fintechs like flutterwave, opay,monie point etc
Re: What Codng Languages Are Needed to Develop A Fintech Like Flutterwave by fman(m): 5:46pm On Sep 10, 2022
Dart
It's developed by Google.
It integrates with flutter.
Re: What Codng Languages Are Needed to Develop A Fintech Like Flutterwave by EngrKemp: 6:08pm On Sep 10, 2022
fman:
Dart
Is it just that?
What other languages pls and what about monie point for their pos services
Re: What Codng Languages Are Needed to Develop A Fintech Like Flutterwave by yankeecoder: 6:18pm On Sep 10, 2022
Both Flutterwave and Paystack are written in nodejs, Abeg app which is now Pocket app by Piggyvest is written in Golang. Best of luck !

Edited: OP should specify if it's the mobile apps or backend he wants to know of
Re: What Codng Languages Are Needed to Develop A Fintech Like Flutterwave by airsaylongcome: 6:21pm On Sep 10, 2022
I know an open source Fintech app written in Java. In use by a number of Fintechs globally. Also used by at least one local Microfinance bank with good presence in Lagos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Codng Languages Are Needed to Develop A Fintech Like Flutterwave by fman(m): 6:30pm On Sep 10, 2022
EngrKemp:

Is it just that?
What other languages pls and what about monie point for their pos services
Monie point is just a fintech.
And most fintech are built using flutter.
Flutter is just an SDK and it runs on dart.
All u need is an API, if you are planning to build one.
U can use flutterwave API documentation to get started.
There are other platforms like twilio.

1 Like

Re: What Codng Languages Are Needed to Develop A Fintech Like Flutterwave by parkervero(m): 7:36pm On Sep 10, 2022
fman:
Dart

You didn't get the question.

Flutterwave is quite different from flutter framework that uses dart programming language for the development of Android and iOS in a single source code..

Flutterwave is a fintech company that operates payment gateway just like paystack.

1 Like

Re: What Codng Languages Are Needed to Develop A Fintech Like Flutterwave by fman(m): 7:40pm On Sep 10, 2022
parkervero:

You didn't get the question.

Flutterwave is quite different from flutter framework that uses dart programming language for the development of Android and iOS in a single source code..

Flutterwave is a fintech company that operates payment gateway just like paystack.
What's your point?
Are you not elaborating my comment.
Did I mention flutterwave in the comment above?
I don't understand the way you Nigerians reason.
Re: What Codng Languages Are Needed to Develop A Fintech Like Flutterwave by Nobody: 7:45pm On Sep 10, 2022
I hear it's Java for the security and stability. I personally wouldn't be surprised if its Nodejs

Considering the scale these services operate, it might just be microservices running different languages

2 Likes

Re: What Codng Languages Are Needed to Develop A Fintech Like Flutterwave by parkervero(m): 7:46pm On Sep 10, 2022
EngrKemp:

Java is used as the primary language for flutterwave. Java is a tested PL that has stood the test of time. Springboot is what we use as Java dev in our development

1 Like

Re: What Codng Languages Are Needed to Develop A Fintech Like Flutterwave by parkervero(m): 7:52pm On Sep 10, 2022
fman:

What's your point?
Are you not elaborating my comment.
Did I mention flutterwave in the comment above?
I don't understand the way you Nigerians reason.

I am not elaborating your comment whatsoever. I corrected your misconception about flutterwave and flutter framework.

Were you not answering the OP's question?

Your answer to OP's question was Dart programming language which is meant to be used in flutter framework. Don't act as if you were right from your answer. I corrected your flop. So, accept correction that's how to learn.
Re: What Codng Languages Are Needed to Develop A Fintech Like Flutterwave by fman(m): 8:03pm On Sep 10, 2022
fman:
Dart
Where u see flutterwave here?
Abi your eye dey pain you.

parkervero:

I am not elaborating your comment whatsoever. I corrected your misconception about flutterwave and flutter framework.

Were you not answering the OP's question?

Your answer to OP's question was Dart programming language which is meant to be used in flutter framework. Don't act as if you were right from your answer. I corrected your flop. So, accept correction that's how to learn.
Re: What Codng Languages Are Needed to Develop A Fintech Like Flutterwave by parkervero(m): 8:17pm On Sep 10, 2022
fman:

Where u see flutterwave here?
Abi your eye dey pain you.

Let's assume you didn't mention flutterwave.

what do you mean by, Dart , to the OP's question?

Remember the question is on flutterwave and other fintech platforms?

So, you saying, Dart, means you are saying that's the programming language used to develop flutterwave.

Your answer assumed that you are saying because dart is used with flutter framework, it's the same used in flutterwave. That's what your answer mean.
Re: What Codng Languages Are Needed to Develop A Fintech Like Flutterwave by fman(m): 8:25pm On Sep 10, 2022
parkervero:

what do you mean by, Dart , to the OP's question?

Remember the question is on flutterwave and other fintech platforms?

So, you saying, Dart, means you are saying that's the programming language used to develop flutterwave.

Your answer assumed that you are saying because dart is used with flutter framework, it's the same used in flutterwave. That's what your answer mean.
Imagine what u are saying:
You are now assuming!

And u just concluded
Are u ok?
Re: What Codng Languages Are Needed to Develop A Fintech Like Flutterwave by fman(m): 8:29pm On Sep 10, 2022
parkervero:

fman:
Dart
U dey assume,
Yet u fully understand that there is not a single mention of flutterwave in the comment above.
Stop fooling around
And quit mentioning me
Re: What Codng Languages Are Needed to Develop A Fintech Like Flutterwave by parkervero(m): 8:33pm On Sep 10, 2022
fman:

U dey assume,
Yet u fully understand that there is not a single mention of flutterwave in the comment above.
Stop fooling around
And quit mentioning me

Let me just take you for a dunce that you are.
Re: What Codng Languages Are Needed to Develop A Fintech Like Flutterwave by fman(m): 8:35pm On Sep 10, 2022
parkervero:

Let me just take you for a dunce that you are.
Thanks alot
Mr wannabe
Re: What Codng Languages Are Needed to Develop A Fintech Like Flutterwave by Sheriman(m): 8:52pm On Sep 10, 2022
NIGERIANS like given themselves wotowoto

2 Likes

Re: What Codng Languages Are Needed to Develop A Fintech Like Flutterwave by niel63(m): 1:30am On Sep 11, 2022
Sheriman:
NIGERIANS like given themselves wotowoto
Especially this section... and my man for the Wotoporousness na tastyfried** and GREATIGBOMAN whenever he's in a bashing mood. Honestly, I love these guys. grin grin grin grin

You all are great people in this forum... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Codng Languages Are Needed to Develop A Fintech Like Flutterwave by Karleb(m): 4:34am On Sep 11, 2022
yankeecoder:
Both Flutterwave and Paystack are written in nodejs, Abeg app which is now Pocket app by Piggyvest is written in Golang. Best of luck !

Edited: OP should specify if it's the mobile apps or backend he wants to know of

Point of correction, abeg was written in php.
Re: What Codng Languages Are Needed to Develop A Fintech Like Flutterwave by yankeecoder: 9:21am On Sep 11, 2022
Karleb:

yeah, I remember when they were fighting that php won't scale cheesy
Re: What Codng Languages Are Needed to Develop A Fintech Like Flutterwave by Nobody: 9:29am On Sep 11, 2022
EngrKemp:

JAVA and C++ are actually the traditional or native languages for Banks and Fintechs.
But with the recent trends of Nodejs and it microservices/design patterns which offer faster response time and process, including great security compared to PHP, some Banks and Fintechs are now moving their infrastructure to either Nodejs or Python e.g PayPal has moved to Nodejs from Java but i doubt Flutterwave has.

2 Likes

Re: What Codng Languages Are Needed to Develop A Fintech Like Flutterwave by Karleb(m): 11:00am On Sep 11, 2022
yankeecoder:
yeah, I remember when they were fighting that php won't scale cheesy

You dey mind them?

Golang ko, comelang ni. cheesy
Re: What Codng Languages Are Needed to Develop A Fintech Like Flutterwave by Karleb(m): 11:15am On Sep 11, 2022
Nurudeen06:

JAVA and C++ are actually the traditional or native languages for Banks and Fintechs.
But with the recent trends of Nodejs and it microservices/design patterns which offer faster response time and process, including great security compared to PHP, some Banks and Fintechs are now moving their infrastructure to either Nodejs or Python e.g PayPal has moved to Nodejs from Java but i doubt Flutterwave has.

I don’t understand.

With what I know about microservices, the language of choice doesn't matter.

So why would a company move from one language to another because of microservice?

What does that mean?
Re: What Codng Languages Are Needed to Develop A Fintech Like Flutterwave by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 11, 2022
Karleb:

Really?

That's a surprise
Re: What Codng Languages Are Needed to Develop A Fintech Like Flutterwave by Fourpockets: 12:10pm On Sep 11, 2022
EngrKemp:

Their main technology is in the backend in form of API for web and mobile.
Re: What Codng Languages Are Needed to Develop A Fintech Like Flutterwave by BlaqFaze: 12:18pm On Sep 11, 2022
fman:

Monie point is just a fintech.
And most fintech are built using flutter.
Flutter is just an SDK and it runs on dart.
All u need is an API, if you are planning to build one.
U can use flutterwave API documentation to get started.
There are other platforms like twilio.
There's no allegiances between flutter, flutterwave and fintech.

Flutter is a framework for building mobile apps not necessarily only fintech.

Java, JavaScript and other languages are being used at numerous fintechs
Re: What Codng Languages Are Needed to Develop A Fintech Like Flutterwave by airsaylongcome: 12:25pm On Sep 11, 2022
Just to chime in that the core of any Fintech is their backend. Most (if not all) expose APIs to access the different functionality of their backend.

So I believe the OPs question is about what PL is used in this backend rather than the PL used for the fancy,sleek mobile apps.

1 Like

Re: What Codng Languages Are Needed to Develop A Fintech Like Flutterwave by fman(m): 12:34pm On Sep 11, 2022
BlaqFaze:

Make researches and broaden ur views and knowledge.
Re: What Codng Languages Are Needed to Develop A Fintech Like Flutterwave by fman(m): 12:38pm On Sep 11, 2022
BlaqFaze:

Let me educate u Abit.
Flutterwave was built using flutter frameworks....
Flutterwave is a fintech company.
Flutter is a framework built on dart.
Dart is a programming language developed by Google.
Shikena.
No dey beat around the bush wt plenty Grammer.
Else you get a bug..
Re: What Codng Languages Are Needed to Develop A Fintech Like Flutterwave by qtguru(m): 12:50pm On Sep 11, 2022
fman:

Let me educate u Abit.
Shikena.
Else you get a bug..

You are right, they do have a lot of Flutter packages and Flutter SDK. I think people thought you said Flutter because of the Flutter in Flutterwave, but they do have a support for Flutter.
Re: What Codng Languages Are Needed to Develop A Fintech Like Flutterwave by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 11, 2022
fman:

Let me educate u Abit.
Shikena.
Else you get a bug..
What are you talking about. He is right.

Unless you mean the Barter app, and the other Flutterwave app was built with flutter.

The backend architecture has nothing to do with flutter or any dart framework for that matter

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Some One Should Help Me With This Windowing Issue / How To Create A Simple Calculator (using Javascript ) / 30 Things You Should Not Say To A Developer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.