Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,628 members, 7,816,592 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

Nigeria Is Moving Forward; Fct Minister And Govs Now Sell Kerosine - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is Moving Forward; Fct Minister And Govs Now Sell Kerosine (1180 Views)

Who Is More Powerful...a Minister And A Senator??? / Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? / What Is The Diff Btw A Minister And A Minister Of State In The Same Ministry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Is Moving Forward; Fct Minister And Govs Now Sell Kerosine by Alxmyr(m): 6:45pm On Aug 10, 2011
I am pained that I saw this banners in Abuja today.
Years back you walk into filling stations across Nigeria and buy kerosine.
Today our government claimed that they are delivering on promises by selling kerosine.
Is this what moving forward means?

Re: Nigeria Is Moving Forward; Fct Minister And Govs Now Sell Kerosine by Alxmyr(m): 6:48pm On Aug 10, 2011
More Pix

Re: Nigeria Is Moving Forward; Fct Minister And Govs Now Sell Kerosine by Alxmyr(m): 6:50pm On Aug 10, 2011
More

Re: Nigeria Is Moving Forward; Fct Minister And Govs Now Sell Kerosine by Alxmyr(m): 6:51pm On Aug 10, 2011
, ,,

Re: Nigeria Is Moving Forward; Fct Minister And Govs Now Sell Kerosine by Alxmyr(m): 6:54pm On Aug 10, 2011
<>

Re: Nigeria Is Moving Forward; Fct Minister And Govs Now Sell Kerosine by CyberG: 8:36pm On Aug 10, 2011
LWKMD @ Pictures! grin grin grin.

Well, Nigerians like their fresh air anywayz! GLJ - Kero Direct! grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Is Moving Forward; Fct Minister And Govs Now Sell Kerosine by Kobojunkie: 8:59pm On Aug 10, 2011
Kero-Direct ke?? ROFL
Re: Nigeria Is Moving Forward; Fct Minister And Govs Now Sell Kerosine by Nobody: 2:28am On Aug 11, 2011
a new low for a useless country, fresh fart air indeed
shame on those that see this as an achievement!
Re: Nigeria Is Moving Forward; Fct Minister And Govs Now Sell Kerosine by ektbear: 2:34am On Aug 11, 2011
Selling more subsidized fuel isn't going to solve naija's problems.

Bleh. "Moving forward", indeed

It is like GEJ is trolling us
Re: Nigeria Is Moving Forward; Fct Minister And Govs Now Sell Kerosine by tpia5: 2:54am On Aug 11, 2011
cant make head or tail of any of it.
Re: Nigeria Is Moving Forward; Fct Minister And Govs Now Sell Kerosine by Nobody: 4:20am On Aug 11, 2011
The government has nothing better to do with its time than to be selling kerosene? Why can't they be selling bread, fish and fruits? After all those products are now expensive too. Bunch of clueless folks!
Re: Nigeria Is Moving Forward; Fct Minister And Govs Now Sell Kerosine by okadaman2: 4:33am On Aug 11, 2011
ekt_bear:

It is like GEJ is trolling us
grin

tpia@:

cant make head or tail of any of it.

That makes you very very sane.

Anyone who understands this GEJ guy is either a co-looter or an imbe\c.ile
Re: Nigeria Is Moving Forward; Fct Minister And Govs Now Sell Kerosine by Beaf: 4:56am On Aug 11, 2011
Why lie that the FCT minister and govs now sell kerosine? Desperation sha!

This is about cutting out the distributors and thieves that hoard kerosine and cause artificial scarcities / impossible price hikes. Its really shameful that anyone would even think of condemning the initiative.
NNPC is moving to cut out the middleman and sell directly to the people. If the crooked distributors can compete, then let them sell at a lower price.
Re: Nigeria Is Moving Forward; Fct Minister And Govs Now Sell Kerosine by somze(f): 6:46am On Aug 11, 2011
I'm amazed at the display of complete ignorance.

During Kerosene scarcity you all said Jonathan was clueless. Now he solves the problem by bypassing the distribution channel causing the scarcity and he still gets insulted.
Re: Nigeria Is Moving Forward; Fct Minister And Govs Now Sell Kerosine by Nobody: 7:28am On Aug 11, 2011
somze:

During Kerosene scarcity you all said Jonathan was clueless. Now he solves the problem by bypassing the distribution channel causing the scarcity and he still gets insulted.
don't mind them.when the marketers think they could hold the masses to ransome by selling to the black marketers above fixed rates who equally re-sell it at higher prices.
until the marketers come back to their senses, the poor masses who need kerosene to cook their meals should not be exploited by the already rich
Re: Nigeria Is Moving Forward; Fct Minister And Govs Now Sell Kerosine by ektbear: 8:42am On Aug 11, 2011
kalokalo:

The government has nothing better to do with its time than to be selling kerosene? Why can't they be selling bread, fish and fruits? After all those products are now expensive too. Bunch of clueless folks!

Me, I want government pounded yam. And gov't amala. Provided for free. God bless amala kerosene politics!
Re: Nigeria Is Moving Forward; Fct Minister And Govs Now Sell Kerosine by ektbear: 8:44am On Aug 11, 2011
careytommy:

don't mind them.when the marketers think they could hold the masses to ransome by selling to the black marketers above fixed rates who equally re-sell it at higher prices.
until the marketers come back to their senses, the poor masses who need kerosene to cook their meals should not be exploited by the already rich

The black market price is what the true price of the kerosene is. So why are you beefing them?

Who in their right mind would sell something for N50 if they can easily find people willing to pay N150+ for it? Wouldn't you divert the kerosene too, if you were a marketer?
Re: Nigeria Is Moving Forward; Fct Minister And Govs Now Sell Kerosine by dustydee: 10:08am On Aug 11, 2011
Beaf:

This is about cutting out the distributors and thieves that hoard kerosine and cause artificial scarcities / impossible price hikes. Its really shameful that anyone would even think of condemning the initiative.
NNPC is moving to cut out the middleman and sell directly to the people. If the crooked distributors can compete, then let them sell at a lower price.
The banners are not necessary. Haba? Imagine Obama putting his picture on a bag of subsidized fertilizer sold to American farmers. It's stupid in my opinion. I wonder how much they made those banners.
Re: Nigeria Is Moving Forward; Fct Minister And Govs Now Sell Kerosine by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 11, 2011
somze:

Silly staetment, tell your Anty to go and complete her NYSC instead of giving BJ to Oga J, as far as i am concerned she is a Minister illegally, because she is your Aunt we should eat her poo and swallow abi? Nonesense.
@Topic, sillyness knows no bounds, what kind of silly Governement cant deal with illegal black markerters? silly bunch of people will never face issues and deal decisively with them.
Re: Nigeria Is Moving Forward; Fct Minister And Govs Now Sell Kerosine by Beaf: 11:57am On Aug 11, 2011
dustydee:

The banners are not necessary. Haba? Imagine Obama putting his picture on a bag of subsidized fertilizer sold to American farmers. It's silly in my opinion. I wonder how much they made those banners.

That is a totally different argument. You could argue against the costs, but publicity always costs money; the people need to know that there are new outlets for kerosine that cost exactly the amount it says on the tin.
This initiative is soccour to the long suffering poorest sections of the Nigerian society who cannot afford cooking gas. Even that needs to be advertised.

The thread is founded on a very different premise though; one that is a wicked that ministers now sell kerosine. The shameful and uncaring outbursts it drew from some, is testament to the fact that many would lie, steal and kill to undermine good from govt. The question is; why?
Re: Nigeria Is Moving Forward; Fct Minister And Govs Now Sell Kerosine by klas(m): 9:48pm On Aug 11, 2011
How is this approach sustainable? They have been going from one state capital to another selling only for a day. What of people outside the capitals? How many people living in the capital can be served in a day most part of which is taken up by speech-making? What happen when the successful buyer exhaust the quantity they bought?

Reminds me of "essenco queue" in the mid-80s during buhari era
Re: Nigeria Is Moving Forward; Fct Minister And Govs Now Sell Kerosine by Demdem(m): 8:31am On Aug 12, 2011
Beaf:

I strongly believe that the reason why its being hoarded is because its simply not readily available. I doubt if what we have in stock is enough for the whole nation. let the government flood the market with kerosene and lets see who will hoard. every seller wants to make profit and they will eventually see that hoarding isnt to their advantage.

This selling method is simply for some selected areas and there are still many many parts of this nation with no kero. This approach isnt the best bet at all and i doubt if its sustainable.

There is nothing wrong having middlemen. the reason why the middlemen seems to be playing pranks is because they know that the available kero isnt sufficient for the nation and that explains their exploitation

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram: The North And West Were st-upid For Championing The Civil War / Efcc Official Impregnates Female Detainee In Cell / Huge Explosion And Shootout Around Bayro University Kano Today 29th Of April.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.