Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,022 members, 7,814,495 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Why Am I Not Losing Weight? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Am I Not Losing Weight? (1787 Views)

Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance / May I Not Marry A Woman Like My Mum / Father Gives His Daughter Valentine's Day Advice About Not Losing Her Virginity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Am I Not Losing Weight? by Lamanii22(f): 11:45pm On Sep 10, 2022
I’m a mom of one and I decided to become fit and trim but it has been the other way round, I’m getting chubbier when I’m supposed to be losing fats. I’m very much dedicated when it comes to my exercise routine, my food has totally reduced as my tummy has really shrunk so I don’t eat much, I dont Even eat dinner. It’s just disheartening for me when I’m not losing weight…. Or maybe there’s something I’m not doing right you guys can give me some tips that has worked for you… thank you.
Re: Why Am I Not Losing Weight? by pansophist(m): 11:49pm On Sep 10, 2022
Give me an idea of what you eat.

But just know that only exercise doesn't make you lose weight. A single plate of rice and beans may be more than the calories you burnt when you run for an hour.

Exercise is about agility, a healthy heart and general cardiovascular health, but to loose weight, it's strictly your food intake. Eat light and almost no carbs, and watch the weight run like police in the face of unknown gunmen.

18 Likes

Re: Why Am I Not Losing Weight? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Sep 10, 2022
Post baby effect is playing on you but keep up with your fitness routine and you’ll bounce back with your perfect bodyshape in no distant time. It takes hard work and dedication

1 Like

Re: Why Am I Not Losing Weight? by obinna58(m): 10:40am On Sep 11, 2022
You'll lose weight when you become dedicated
It's much more easier to gain weight than lose it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Am I Not Losing Weight? by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:58am On Sep 11, 2022
Do intermittent fasting. Eat once a day for 3 days a week and fast for 48 hours every week.

2 Likes

Re: Why Am I Not Losing Weight? by Limassol(m): 11:43am On Sep 11, 2022
pansophist:

But just know that exercise doesn't make you lose weight. A single plate of rice and beans may be more than the calories you burnt when you run for an hour.

Exercise is about agility, a healthy heart and general cardiovascular health, but to loose weight, it's strictly your food intake. Eat light and almost no carbs, and watch the weight run like police in the face of ugm.
It seems you have no idea how utterly wrong and quite ridiculous that statement is. Just to be clear, excercise and regular physical activity, for starters, is quite an efficacious weight-loss strategy proven by countless of studies. In fact, for obese and overweight people such as the op, moving more and sitting less paired with good nutrition(less calories) may be the best way to shed some pounds.

2 Likes

Re: Why Am I Not Losing Weight? by pansophist(m): 11:55am On Sep 11, 2022
Limassol:
It seems you have no idea how utterly wrong and quite ridiculous that statement is. Just to be clear, excercise and regular physical activity, for starters, is quite an efficacious weight-loss strategy proven by countless of studies. In fact, for obese and overweight people such as the op, moving more and sitting less paired with good nutrition(less calories) may be the best way to shed some pounds.

Oh, I didn't add "only".

But my points stand, exercise only will never make anyone loose weight. You can't out train a bad diet. Weight loss is a kitchen job, not exercise.

If i want to loose 5kg in a month, I know what to eat while staying sedentary. I usually loose and gain weight often, and it's all foods. So yea.

7 Likes

Re: Why Am I Not Losing Weight? by Limassol(m): 12:12pm On Sep 11, 2022
Lamanii22:
I’m a mom of one and I decided to become fit and trim but it has been the other way round, I’m getting chubbier when I’m supposed to be losing fats. I’m very much dedicated when it comes to my exercise routine, my food has totally reduced as my tummy has really shrunk so I don’t eat much, I dont Even eat dinner. It’s just disheartening for me when I’m not losing weight…. Or maybe there’s something I’m not doing right you guys can give me some tips that has worked for you… thank you.
skipping dinner may not be good nor effective for your weight loss. What matters most is what you eat not when you eat (a recent study shed more light on this). However,if you are serious about losing weight then i recommend you check in with a registered dietician who will tailor your diet according to your needs. I also recommend you try as much as you can to incorporate excercise in your daily routine, it must not be strenous, even 10 - 20 mins of brisk walking may be beneficial.

1 Like

Re: Why Am I Not Losing Weight? by Bami87: 12:37pm On Sep 11, 2022
Lamanii22:
To lose weight effectively you must be able to calculate your daily calory intake which is should not exceed 1200 calories,excess calories are stored as fat.
Join Weight Loser Nigeria,on facebook.You will be amaze by body transformations.Though it's a DIY.

2 Likes

Re: Why Am I Not Losing Weight? by 2Radii: 1:04pm On Sep 11, 2022
Lamanii22:
pishor!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Am I Not Losing Weight? by teegurl2(f): 1:13pm On Sep 11, 2022
Simplest way to lose weight.

Intermittent fast, exercise and calories deficit.

This is how I have been managing my weight!!!

I would explain.

When your body is deprived of food for about 12hours or so, your glycogen stores get depleted and your body starts to burn fat for fuel. For instance. Take your last meal for the day at 6pm and wait till 3pm the next day to eat again. Of course your eating window should be between 3pm to 6pm. But try to exercise around 6 - 7am that morning. Since your body is already in fat burning mode...you ll burn a lot while exercising. I usually do jump rope exercise. 1000 everymorning because it's a fasted exercise.

Also when you break your fast avoid too much carbohydrates. Get used to taking vegetables.

It's very difficult at the beginning but after 3days you ll be fine.

The essence of the fast is to put your system in fat burning mode after your energy stores have been depleted.

Exercise would not make you lose weight unless you watch your diet. Why is that? Because you cannot exercise the whole day. Impossible. If you eat a plate of pounded yam and egusi soup, you can't burn that off in one hour exercise. And how much time do you even have to exercise?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Am I Not Losing Weight? by Uyi168: 1:14pm On Sep 11, 2022
pansophist:

But just know that exercise doesn't make you lose weight. A single plate of rice and beans may be more than the calories you burnt when you run for an hour.

Exercise is about agility, a healthy heart and general cardiovascular health, but to loose weight, it's strictly your food intake. Eat light and almost no carbs, and [/b]watch the weight run like police in the face of ugm[b]
grin

1 Like

Re: Why Am I Not Losing Weight? by Ajibade123(m): 2:12pm On Sep 11, 2022
Lamanii22:
what you eat matters more than working out
stop junks and carbonated drinks

2 Likes

Re: Why Am I Not Losing Weight? by Channah1(f): 2:24pm On Sep 11, 2022
Now, it's not enough to cut down on your food and exercising. What kind of food are you eating?
You need to go for low fat foods. For instance, of you were eating yellow garri eba which is high in calory content or whole meal bread, you need to substitute them for their low calorie version by
switching to ijebu for instance and going for either agege or wheat bread.

If you were taking whole milk, you can switch to skimmed milk and remove carbonated drinks and sugars from your diet. Substitute sugah for sweetners or honey.

If you were eating meat, swith to fish. Avoid fatty fish cos it can promote body fat.

This was why I did when I was adding weight back in the day. My arms were the worst. As in... They were huge. It was in my quest for a slim arm that I read a white girl saying her big arms were caused by wholemeal bread. All this slice bread. I immediately stopped eating band under one month, my arms trimmed down. Now my arem are slim and firm.
For my tommy, I stopped taking fufu ( worst culprit) and switched to garri ijebu. At a point I became too slim and dry i had to change my wardrobe. So once in a while I'll incorporate whole milk or fufu to balance it up.

With this substitute, I didn't need to cut down and I was reducing drastically.
Try the substitutes like I did, you'll drop.

1 Like

Re: Why Am I Not Losing Weight? by Esthered: 2:40pm On Sep 11, 2022
Dear OP, I wish I was in your shoes. I weigh 50.6kg with an 8 months old baby. I was 57kg on delivery day. I'm on leave and I've still not added weight. I eat same with my oga but I no dey fat cry
I'm hunting for fat.

1 Like

Re: Why Am I Not Losing Weight? by Exxxgeee: 5:17pm On Sep 11, 2022
Reduce calorie intake.. It has all been said by d users above and by d way, dnt eat all ur chin chin to yourself..

1 Like

Re: Why Am I Not Losing Weight? by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:01pm On Sep 11, 2022
Channah1:
Now, it's not enough to cut down on your food and exercising. What kind of food are you eating?
You need to go for low fat foods. For instance, of you were eating yellow garri eba which is high in calory content or whole meal bread, you need to substitute them for their low calorie version by
switching to ijebu for instance and going for either agege or wheat bread.

If you were taking whole milk, you can switch to skimmed milk and remove carbonated drinks and sugars from your diet. Substitute sugah for sweetners or honey.

If you were eating meat, swith to fish. Avoid fatty fish cos it can promote body fat.

This was why I did when I was adding weight back in the day. My arms were the worst. As in... They were huge. It was in my quest for a slim arm that I read a white girl saying her big arms were caused by wholemeal bread. All this slice bread. I immediately stopped eating band under one month, my arms trimmed down. Now my arem are slim and firm.
For my tommy, I stopped taking fufu ( worst culprit) and switched to garri ijebu. At a point I became too slim and dry i had to change my wardrobe. So once in a while I'll incorporate whole milk or fufu to balance it up.

With this substitute, I didn't need to cut down and I was reducing drastically.
Try the substitutes like I did, you'll drop.

Fatty foods are actually better for you when you are trying to lose weight.

1 Like

Re: Why Am I Not Losing Weight? by Karleb(m): 8:38pm On Sep 11, 2022
Esthered:
Dear OP, I wish I was in your shoes. I weigh 50.6kg with an 8 months old baby. I was 57kg on delivery day. I'm on leave and I've still not added weight. I eat same with my oga but I no dey fat cry
I'm hunting for fat.

I tell you.

This life no balance. Me sef wan big, with muscles not fat tho.

To be slim don tire me.

1 Like

Re: Why Am I Not Losing Weight? by Esthered: 9:42pm On Sep 11, 2022
Karleb:

I tell you.

This life no balance. Me sef wan big, with muscles not fat tho.

To be slim don tire me.
God how epp us

1 Like

Re: Why Am I Not Losing Weight? by socialmediaman: 10:10pm On Sep 11, 2022
To help you with some math, a plate of white rice and stew is about 300 calories or more, that’s how much calories you burn by doing 1 hour of walk exercise.

Cutting your food intake is usually the biggest part of weight loss. Also, don’t underrate the effects of snacks and things like Coca Cola and ice cream in sabotaging your weight loss progress

For starters, do mid to high intensity endurance exercise in the morning for at least 30mins, eat light as well, eat lunch with a reduced ration. Get yourself busy and avoid snacks during the day, do some more endurance or strength exercise of about 30mins before you eat very light dinner.

If you do strength exercise don’t forget to increase your protein intake to repair your muscles

Do this diligently for 2 months, I think you will see improvements

1 Like

Re: Why Am I Not Losing Weight? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Sep 11, 2022
Fat burning is usually slow unless you're hyperactive.
You've already reduced food, but don't reduce it too much, as it will make you crave for high calorie diet.
What I think you should do now is increase your physical activity, don't just exercise. Move around more often, consider taking public transport more often than you drive if you have a car. Drop at one bus stop farther away from the usual and trek the rest, walking is one of the greatest ways to lose weight, always look for opportunities to do so.
Everyday, make sure there's a physical activity that gives you elevated heart rate and sweating. Don't overdo anything.

1 Like

Re: Why Am I Not Losing Weight? by Channah1(f): 10:32pm On Sep 11, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Fatty foods are actually better for you when you are trying to lose weight.

That was why I said I sometimes take fatty foods whenever I become too slim to bal things up.

1 Like

Re: Why Am I Not Losing Weight? by sisisioge: 11:25pm On Sep 11, 2022
Hmmmm....there is no too much science to this thing, you are still consuming a lot of calories.

Just Google how many calories you need per day for your survival and track how many you put in your mouth. Those things you don't count as good like....banana, bread, chocolate, pop drinks, etc have calories in them. Until you completely get a hold of tracking what goes in your mouth, OYO shall continue to be your case.

1 Like

Re: Why Am I Not Losing Weight? by zed7: 3:11pm On Sep 12, 2022
People that have the propensity to be fat should eat less and exercise more.

Sometimes, I think it all boils down to genetics. I know people who eat the world and don't get fat. Some hardly eat but are fat.

My advice for everyone is to keep things moderate and avoid sugary and unhealthy foods.

1 Like

Re: Why Am I Not Losing Weight? by MasterJayJay: 5:56pm On Sep 12, 2022
obinna58:
You'll lose weight when you become dedicated
It's much more easier to gain weight than lose it
This is misleading.

There are three body types.

Ectomorph
Endomorph
Mesomorph

An ectomorph aka hardgainers know it is not easy to gain weight.

Not everyone has same metabolism.

1 Like

Re: Why Am I Not Losing Weight? by obinna58(m): 8:47pm On Sep 12, 2022
MasterJayJay:

This is misleading.

There are three body types.

Ectomorph
Endomorph
Mesomorph

An ectomorph aka hardgainers know it is not easy to gain weight.

Not everyone has same metabolism.
Baba calm down, I no talk say it's easy to gain weight but to lose it, it's more easier to gain it.
Re: Why Am I Not Losing Weight? by HarunaWest(m): 11:17pm On Sep 12, 2022
Lamanii22:
You are obviously still taking vitamin X. Stop it and you will see transformation. grin
Re: Why Am I Not Losing Weight? by debbydams(f): 12:23pm On Sep 13, 2022
Lamanii22:
did u do family planning? If yes den u are likely to add weight

1 Like

Re: Why Am I Not Losing Weight? by Nonam: 5:26pm On Sep 13, 2022
You are not loosing weight because of Insulin resistance..

Try www.golo.com

Lamanii22:
Re: Why Am I Not Losing Weight? by Lamanii22(f): 12:11am On Sep 16, 2022
Esthered:
I'm hunting for fat.
right now I wish we can switch bodies lol…

(1) (2) (Reply)

Have I Done Anything Wrong? / 28 Childhood Memories You Can Only Make If You Grew Up With Siblings / What Are The Most Important Things To Have As A New Bachelor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.