Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,406 members, 7,812,202 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:58 AM

Anambra State Declares State Of Emergency On Illegal Structures And Shanties - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra State Declares State Of Emergency On Illegal Structures And Shanties (17243 Views)

President Tinubu Declares State Of Emergency On Food Security / Plateau State Declares Two Days As Public Holiday For PVC Registration / EndSARS: Edo State Declares 24-Hour Curfew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra State Declares State Of Emergency On Illegal Structures And Shanties by EmekaA125(m): 7:32am On Sep 11, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw4BNngdjyE[b]Anambra State Government Declares State Of Emergency on Illegal Structures and Shanties.
[/b]
By Chinelo Ajulufo (ACTDA), 10th, September 2022(MOI).

Yesterday, the Managing Director of Awka Capital Territory Development Authority (ACTDA), Ven. Amaechi Okwuosa, reiterated the readiness of Anambra State Government to rid the State of shanties and illegal structures in other to get the city to a befitting status of a State Capital.

Ven. Okwuosa said this, during the demolition of shanties at Agu - Awka, close to the Anambra International Convention Center, Agu-Awka in Awka.

" We have zero torelance towards individuals taking laws into their hands to not only illegally occupy people's lands but operate and carry out activities that are detrimental to the safekeeping of the State".

"This piece of land between the International Convention Center, Agu-Awka and

Amansea(Awka North LGA) have patches of occupants who have veered into government and private owned lands to illegally occupy ".

Speaking further, the ACTDA Boss said that notices of vacation orders were issued to them in the years 2020, 2021 and 2022 respectively.

More so, the leaders of those illegal occupants were contacted to vacate the land but they termed it" business as usual ", hence the demolition.

"We are enforcing this control based on the fact that there is insecurity in the State".

"We have a lot of criminal activities going on within this vicinity, ranging from property snatching, attempted kidnapping to car vandalism "

"We need to sanitize the Capital Territory and remove every known hiding place for hoodlums to ensure the safety of people and also make sure that nobody intrudes into people's lands to create nuisance ".

Ven Okwuosa further warned those with the intent of illegally occupying any open space to desist from doing so because anyone found wanting, will be sanctioned.

The Authority went in the company of Men of Civil Defence, Anambra State Vigilante Services(AVS) and Men of Operation Clean and Healthy Anambra (Ocha Brigade).

The officer writes from Awka.
September 10th, 2022.
https://www./www.apgang.org/permalink/5804574956273557/

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anambra State Declares State Of Emergency On Illegal Structures And Shanties by Nobody: 7:36am On Sep 11, 2022
Interesting

5 Likes

Re: Anambra State Declares State Of Emergency On Illegal Structures And Shanties by Nobody: 7:36am On Sep 11, 2022
Commendable...

But let it happen in Lagos and the headline go be like... Tinubu boys destroyed...............

Una happy Sunday

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anambra State Declares State Of Emergency On Illegal Structures And Shanties by Creamypie(m): 7:36am On Sep 11, 2022
Criminals and prostitute no go like this

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra State Declares State Of Emergency On Illegal Structures And Shanties by Tonypen247(m): 7:36am On Sep 11, 2022
Compensation should be made o

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra State Declares State Of Emergency On Illegal Structures And Shanties by Corridon: 7:37am On Sep 11, 2022
Good move but he should also be building something. Not only demolishing all the time.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra State Declares State Of Emergency On Illegal Structures And Shanties by Mynd44: 7:37am On Sep 11, 2022
Source?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra State Declares State Of Emergency On Illegal Structures And Shanties by MonkeyMods(m): 7:38am On Sep 11, 2022
When you see leaders that mean well you will know...

Cos coming clean means coming clean in all ramifications

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra State Declares State Of Emergency On Illegal Structures And Shanties by robinso01(m): 7:39am On Sep 11, 2022
Normal thing to do

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra State Declares State Of Emergency On Illegal Structures And Shanties by Wintertime: 7:43am On Sep 11, 2022
tonyuny12:
Commendable...

But let it happen in Lagos and the headline go be like... Tinubu boys destroyed...............

Una happy Sunday

I heard Fashola and sanwo Olu already did such

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra State Declares State Of Emergency On Illegal Structures And Shanties by chatinent: 7:44am On Sep 11, 2022
Good work, Soludo.

Just make sure you are working out of sentiments.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra State Declares State Of Emergency On Illegal Structures And Shanties by Nobody: 7:55am On Sep 11, 2022
Wintertime:

But what was the headline like?

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra State Declares State Of Emergency On Illegal Structures And Shanties by tsdarkside(m): 8:00am On Sep 11, 2022
see dem dem....

when it where in lagos,they would be lamentin like kilode....

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anambra State Declares State Of Emergency On Illegal Structures And Shanties by tsdarkside(m): 8:03am On Sep 11, 2022
tonyuny12:
Commendable...

Una happy Sunday

nawa for dem dem....
they always tell you na igbos sabi pass....

something that others do,they will wail....but when its them doing the same thing,they will be praisin....

awon omo tribalits....

36 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Anambra State Declares State Of Emergency On Illegal Structures And Shanties by EmekaA125(m): 9:08am On Sep 11, 2022
tsdarkside:

nawa for dem dem....

something that others do,they will wail....but when its them doing the same thing,they will be praisin....

awon omo tribalits....
Lol

1 Like

Re: Anambra State Declares State Of Emergency On Illegal Structures And Shanties by EmekaA125(m): 9:09am On Sep 11, 2022
Mynd44:
Source?
IWitness Media.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra State Declares State Of Emergency On Illegal Structures And Shanties by LikeAking: 9:30am On Sep 11, 2022
Be mindful of who u vote for

2 Likes

Re: Anambra State Declares State Of Emergency On Illegal Structures And Shanties by Nobody: 11:40am On Sep 11, 2022
tsdarkside:

nawa for dem dem....

awon omo tribalits....

That's the only issue I have
You don't wail when it's others and praise same when it's yours.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra State Declares State Of Emergency On Illegal Structures And Shanties by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 11, 2022
Wintertime:

Yeah and I'm not disputing same but my concern is how responses are given when it's from one region or the other

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra State Declares State Of Emergency On Illegal Structures And Shanties by Sergio103(m): 11:46am On Sep 11, 2022
Nice one from my governor

3 Likes

Re: Anambra State Declares State Of Emergency On Illegal Structures And Shanties by Nobody: 11:52am On Sep 11, 2022
Wintertime:

The kind of hypocrisy we show when it's ours is disgusting... Look at responses I'm complaining about that made me put such statement.

21 Likes

Re: Anambra State Declares State Of Emergency On Illegal Structures And Shanties by DrChukki: 2:47pm On Sep 11, 2022
Our society is designed is designed to make the rich richer and the poor poorer.

After the destruction, a rich man will buy the land and build expensive houses that the poor people can't afford.

Then the poor will be forced to move into a far location to build their shanties again thereby spending more to access the city.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra State Declares State Of Emergency On Illegal Structures And Shanties by Tboy222: 2:47pm On Sep 11, 2022
There is thin line between being filthy and criminality. Although it is not completely the case, but it is nearly so at all base. So i wish the Government all the best, while putting their good intentions to the test. And as for our ambiable president, more grace to set forth a good precedence. And for happy souls on Nairaland, may the Good Lord bless the works of our hands.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra State Declares State Of Emergency On Illegal Structures And Shanties by Mandzooko(m): 2:47pm On Sep 11, 2022
Interesting
Re: Anambra State Declares State Of Emergency On Illegal Structures And Shanties by NaijaCover(m): 2:48pm On Sep 11, 2022
No Be Small Thing ooooo
Re: Anambra State Declares State Of Emergency On Illegal Structures And Shanties by ATLIEN2027: 2:49pm On Sep 11, 2022
I thought pandora pathological liar Obi tuary has transformed Anambra into Dubai like he wants to transform Nigeria.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra State Declares State Of Emergency On Illegal Structures And Shanties by christejames(m): 2:49pm On Sep 11, 2022
Lovely

Solution is here.
Re: Anambra State Declares State Of Emergency On Illegal Structures And Shanties by lhordspy: 2:49pm On Sep 11, 2022
The people of south-East should support this man. I think i see him like their messiah.

Man is gonna have to spend atleast 3years to clean the mess of mediocre infrastruture and under-development Peter obi brought to the state.

Willie obiano tried his best for 8years, he got exhausted and left it saying "he cant come and kill himself"

The truth is with the level of undevelopment, gross fund mismanagement that characterised peter obi's tenure in anambra.

God forgive my sins, but i know it will take nothing less than a messiah like JESUS christ (Alesalatu wasalam) to actually bring back anambra state back to the 21st century development state.

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anambra State Declares State Of Emergency On Illegal Structures And Shanties by Bobloco: 2:49pm On Sep 11, 2022
grin
Re: Anambra State Declares State Of Emergency On Illegal Structures And Shanties by BrickDevo: 2:50pm On Sep 11, 2022
Lol, almajiris and fulanis are no for erecting those type of structures
Re: Anambra State Declares State Of Emergency On Illegal Structures And Shanties by baralatie(m): 2:50pm On Sep 11, 2022
People go dey regret why Dem vote soludo
undecided

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senate Leader, Ndoma-egba Set To Defect To APC / Ann Special Convention/presidenital Primary, 2018 / CCB Act That Indicts The Suspended CJN, Justice Walter Onnoghen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.