Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

Who Is God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is God? (607 Views)

Is God Really Omniscience? Does He Know Everything? / Jesus Christ Is God Almighty :ask Me Anything!! / Is God Sovereign? - Paul Ellis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is God? by Ayietim(m): 10:51am On Sep 11, 2022
And why does it matter to know who God is?

It matters a lot. Those who don't know who God is are confused. Why?

Everyday, they see people who claim to know who God is, do things that make others ask, "Do these people really know God?"

They also see those who claim to be in a relationship with God exploit their relationships with humans for selfish gains. Selfish gains that fattens the flesh and deaden the spirit.

Why should those who claim to know God prioritize the growth of the flesh that withers everyday, as it matches towards death?

Why do "God's people" hurt fellow humans? And the same people will be quick to tell you that God is a Spirit being whom no one can see.

They will go further to tell you that all humans are created in the image of God. If this were true, then everyone's priority in life should be to treat fellow humans with love without discrimination and realize that what's good for one is good for all.

This should be the number one duty, especially for those who claim to know God. Unfortunately, they are negligent. In their negligence, they're not by their actions, teaching others who God is. Maybe, they don't who God is.

So who is God?
Re: Who Is God? by Iyasaburi: 10:54am On Sep 11, 2022
Mysterious, yet, well understood by the seeker.
Re: Who Is God? by budaatum: 10:59am On Sep 11, 2022
"Who" implies God is a person. But I do wonder.

What Is God?
Re: Who Is God? by Ayietim(m): 11:42am On Sep 11, 2022
budaatum:
"Who" implies God is a person. But I do wonder.

What Is God?

Okay. Do you have a clue of what God is?
Re: Who Is God? by Ayietim(m): 11:44am On Sep 11, 2022
Iyasaburi:
Mysterious, yet, well understood by the seeker.

The seekers are not generous with their findings. Note, not in words but in actions.
Re: Who Is God? by LordTheus(m): 11:51am On Sep 11, 2022
God is a placeholder for ignorance

2 Likes

Re: Who Is God? by Wilgrea7(m): 12:06pm On Sep 11, 2022
God is not a person.. or being.. it's a title given to beings that are claimed by humans to have some sort of supernatural power or influence over certain aspects of the natural world.

And there have literally been thousands of such claims since the beginning of human civilization

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is God? by KnownUnknown: 12:19pm On Sep 11, 2022
God(s) is nonsense or fiction if I’m being magnanimous.
Re: Who Is God? by Honchoslim16(m): 12:22pm On Sep 11, 2022
God is a title for the Supreme Diety that you believe in.

I believe in Eledumare

1 Like

Re: Who Is God? by KnownUnknown: 12:42pm On Sep 11, 2022
Wilgrea7:
God is not a person.. or being.. it's a title given to beings that claim to have some sort of supernatural power or influence over certain aspects of the natural world.

And there have literally been thousands of such claims since the beginning of human civilization

Have you ever heard a god make a claim?’
Have you seen a god give instruction?

When they say that “god said”, do you see a god beside them nodding in agreement?

1 Like

Re: Who Is God? by Ayietim(m): 12:45pm On Sep 11, 2022
Wilgrea7:
God is not a person.. or being.. it's a title given to beings that claim to have some sort of supernatural power or influence over certain aspects of the natural world.

So people right from the beginning of time, have alqays created God according to the supernatural influence they inherit, feel and perceive?
Re: Who Is God? by KnownUnknown: 12:47pm On Sep 11, 2022
Ayietim:

So people right from the beginning of time, have alqays created God according to the supernatural influence they inherit, feel and perceive?

What is a “supernatural influence”?
Re: Who Is God? by Ayietim(m): 12:47pm On Sep 11, 2022
Honchoslim16:
God is a title for the Supreme Diety that you believe in.

I believe in Eledumare

Beautiful..
Re: Who Is God? by Ayietim(m): 12:55pm On Sep 11, 2022
KnownUnknown:

What is a “supernatural influence”?

Is power not used to influence others to behave the way the powerholder (omnipotent) want? Therefore, it follows that a supernatural power would wield a supernatural influence.
Re: Who Is God? by Honchoslim16(m): 1:05pm On Sep 11, 2022
Ayietim:

Beautiful..
Thanks!

I don't just see a reason why Nigerians are at loggerheads because one doesn't believe in his neighbours God

1 Like

Re: Who Is God? by KnownUnknown: 1:05pm On Sep 11, 2022
Ayietim:

Is power not used to influence others to behave the way the powerholder (omnipotent) want?

I understand power being used to influence people and events in normal course of human interactions. I have no idea what you mean by “omnipotent”.

Ayietim:

Therefore, it follows that a supernatural power would wield a supernatural influence.

What is the “supernatural”?
Re: Who Is God? by Wilgrea7(m): 1:05pm On Sep 11, 2022
KnownUnknown:

Have you ever heard a god make a claim?’
Have you seen a god give instruction?

When they say that “god said”, do you see a god beside them nodding in agreement?

My apologies. You make a good point...

So the word God, is a title given to beings that are claimed by humans to have some sort of supernatural power or influence over certain aspects of the natural world.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is God? by Wilgrea7(m): 1:09pm On Sep 11, 2022
Ayietim:

That's one way to put it... Although I'd say they ascribed gods to things they deemed “supernatural".. things like lightning for example

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is God? by Ayietim(m): 2:33pm On Sep 11, 2022
Wilgrea7:

That's one way to put it... Although I'd say they ascribed gods to things they deemed “supernatural".. things like lightning for example

I agree.
Re: Who Is God? by Ayietim(m): 2:34pm On Sep 11, 2022
Honchoslim16:

Thanks!

I don't just see a reason why Nigerians are at loggerheads because one doesn't believe in his neighbours God

Neither do I

1 Like

Re: Who Is God? by budaatum: 2:37pm On Sep 11, 2022
Ayietim:

Okay. Do you have a clue of what God is?

I do have an opinion.

budaatum:
Gods are human constructs (entities, ideas) that people use to explain existence to themselves and others.

I make no distinction between small letter 'g' god and capital letter 'g' god, except that some, if not most people elevate their god above everyone else's god and like to refer to it as a capital letter 'g' god.

I have posted a list of different gods here.
Re: Who Is God? by Ayietim(m): 2:41pm On Sep 11, 2022
KnownUnknown:

I understand power being used to influence people and events in normal course of human interactions. I have no idea what you mean by “omnipotent”.

Having unlimited power. An unlimited power that defies the law of nature which every natural being obeys

What is the “supernatural”?
Re: Who Is God? by KnownUnknown: 3:16pm On Sep 11, 2022
Ayietim:
Having unlimited power. An unlimited power that defies the law of nature which every natural being obeys

What is the law of nature?
What is supernatural?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is God? by Amujale(m): 6:51pm On Sep 11, 2022
Who is God?

The African divine principles are God.

Foreigners came to our continent, found out about our divine principles, and went on to call them God.

Hence, the African Gods are the only true and proper ones.

For instance,

The Orisa are God.

Sopona is a god.

Jesus is a fake god.

Not to be conflated with the Almighty God.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is God? by sonmvayina(m): 7:09pm On Sep 11, 2022
Ayietim:

Everyday, they see people who claim to know who God is, do things that make others ask, "Do these people really know God?"

They also see those who claim to be in a relationship with God exploit their relationships with humans for selfish gains. Selfish gains that fattens the flesh and deaden the spirit.

Why should those who claim to know God prioritize the growth of the flesh that withers everyday, as it matches towards death?

Why do "God's people" hurt fellow humans? And the same people will be quick to tell you that God is a Spirit being whom no one can see.

They will go further to tell you that all humans are created in the image of God. If this were true, then everyone's priority in life should be to treat fellow humans with love without discrimination and realize that what's good for one is good for all.

This should be the number one duty, especially for those who claim to know God. Unfortunately, they are negligent. In their negligence, they're not by their actions, teaching others who God is. Maybe, they don't who God is.

So who is God?

God is the universal divine consciousnesses...

A frequency within us...all we have to do is tune in..

1 Share

Re: Who Is God? by efficiencie(m): 11:44pm On Sep 11, 2022
Ayietim:

So who is God?

You can know "God" and still do immense evil. It all depends on who you worship as "God". If you worship "Allah" as God then you will find nothing wrong in having as many as 4 wives even though you know it is unfair on the women. If you worship "Money" as God you will eat and drink greed. If you worship satan as God forgiveness will be a sin to you...so what you define as being lawful is determined by who you consider to be the lawgiver. Now if you define good in the Judeao-Christian worldview then you must regard the LORD (true name omitted) as God...but to regard anything as God you must worship that thing and you cannot worship what you have not experienced or encountered.
Re: Who Is God? by Iyasaburi: 7:50pm On Sep 17, 2022
Ayietim:

The seekers are not generous with their findings.dNote, not in words but in actions.

The seekers are graceful with their discovery, because they found grants from the good God
Re: Who Is God? by sonmvayina(m): 10:30pm On Sep 17, 2022
God is a title for the universe itself..

It has different names depending on the part of the world you live

Marduk
Eledumare
Chukwu
Jupiter
Osanobua
Abassi
Hashem.
This is Marduk with the universe as his garments.

Etc,
Same idea different nomenclature

Re: Who Is God? by sonmvayina(m): 10:34pm On Sep 17, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LM-8m6xWSk

When you have the time and free data
Re: Who Is God? by orisa37: 9:49am On Sep 18, 2022
"GRAND ORDER DOMINION"
Re: Who Is God? by Maynman: 11:43am On Sep 18, 2022
Which god?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbos Are Jews (israelites)....watch Online Right Now / Why I Never Agree That Muslims And Christians Worship The Same God. / Helios Christos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.