Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,168 members, 7,811,390 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:45 AM

Facebook Will Be Hacked On Nov? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Facebook Will Be Hacked On Nov? (3315 Views)

"Facebook Will Be Mostly Video In 5 Years" - Mark Zuckerberg / Programming (java) Vs CCNA; Which Should I Do Before My Nov NYSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facebook Will Be Hacked On Nov? by honorsam(m): 8:40pm On Aug 10, 2011
Hacker group anonymous threaten to shut down facebook on Nov.15.They must be kidding,
www.ibtimes.com/articles/195649/20110810/anonymous-threatens-to-kill-facebook-nov-5-youtube-hacking.htm
Re: Facebook Will Be Hacked On Nov? by Excelboi(m): 8:58pm On Aug 10, 2011
Kidding you say? Man, truth be told, no site that is not hackable no matter how tight it is, they can accomplish there mission but i see no reason of those guys hacking it without any backup why they are doing so.
Re: Facebook Will Be Hacked On Nov? by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 16, 2011
Anonymous, always in the news
why destroy what you cant build. i pray these guys are brought to book.
Re: Facebook Will Be Hacked On Nov? by denzel2009: 11:08am On Aug 16, 2011
Facebook has a well designed disaster recovery plans. They have hot sites all over US, if they manage to DDoS facebook, it'd only be for few seconds and they will back and running.

The same reason they can't hack Amazon cos these establishments built their core systems on secured foundation.
Re: Facebook Will Be Hacked On Nov? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 19, 2011
those guys dont do DDos, they deface
no system anywhere is secure.
Re: Facebook Will Be Hacked On Nov? by Nobody: 7:21am On Aug 23, 2011
Defacing is more difficult to guide against.
Re: Facebook Will Be Hacked On Nov? by NumberOne2(m): 3:38pm On Aug 23, 2011
Bullshit! So if this "Anonymous" is so good, why didn't they deface Paypal or Amazon or Mastercard. They couldn't even do a DDos on Amazon. Big organizations like Google have servers on all Continents. Even if a Tsunami destroys the whole of US or Australia, google.com will still be available. The best they can do is phish user passwords which isn't new but DDos or defacing, I don't think so.
Re: Facebook Will Be Hacked On Nov? by denzel2009: 7:57pm On Aug 23, 2011
Number_One:

Bullshit! So if this "Anonymous" is so good, why didn't they deface Paypal or Amazon or Mastercard. They couldn't even do a DDos on Amazon. Big organizations like Google have servers on all Continents. Even if a Tsunami destroys the whole of US or Australia, google.com will still be available. The best they can do is phish user passwords which isn't new but DDos or defacing, I don't think so.

They actually hacked visa and paypal but they have resilient systems. You have to respect Amazon, they built that site from the foundation with security in mind, all attempts to hack them have been futile.
Re: Facebook Will Be Hacked On Nov? by NumberOne2(m): 9:41am On Aug 24, 2011
At the risk of arguing (which I'm not interested in), they didn't hack Paypal and Visa. If they did was it defacing, publishing records or Ddos? They justTRIED to do a brief DDos on Paypal and Visa with very minimal impact. They ABANDONED trying it on Amazon but when they saw their infrastructure.

(1) (Reply)

Difference Between Db_flashback_retention_target And Retention Policy / Pls The 5 Most Valuable It Certifications In Nigeria? / How To Create Android Apps Without Coding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.