Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Why Igbos Should Not Blame The Queen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Igbos Should Not Blame The Queen (727 Views)

You'll not blame IPOB for beheading soldiers again pls hear us out PHOTOS / Lai Mohammed: I Did Not Blame Murtala Mohammed For Spate Of Insecurity / Please Blame The Lagos Warlord, Amosun Has No Fault- Tunde Ajose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Igbos Should Not Blame The Queen by donbrowser(m): 8:53pm On Sep 11, 2022
History should be a compulsory subject/course in Nigerian schools. That's why many youths are brainwashed today.

The Constitution that British Colonialists (Queen Elizabeth) handed over to us respected Regional Administrations but in 1966, 2 of the democratically elected Regional Premiers (SW & North) and the PM(North) were killed while SE Premier 'escaped'. Ironsi introduced Unitary System, abolished Regional government.

If you don't understand what the last statement is all about. It means Nigeria was not under a president before instead every region had their own leader until a man from another tribe said "let Nigeria be one country with one leader". Awolowo rigorously fought against this but because of selfishness of the region and that leader back then, they abolished a system that was working (which queen Elizabeth gave to us) and insisted that we should be compelled to just a leader.

That particular man thought his region will hold onto power forever not knowing things will change and here we are today at the mercy of the Northern part of Nigeria. Always begging them to cede presidency to the southern part of the country. With this little history you have read, does anyone from that region have the right to request for restructuring which simply was working and abolished by their person? How on earth is the queen to be blamed for the woes of this particular region? Do you think people from that region are channeling their agitators to the right people? Cos I think they should start with Azikwe and Aguinyi Ironsi.

So when I said SE people have a lot of work to do in order to attain presidency, I wasn't joking. SW and SS don't have much problems with them but you see Northerners?, they don't even want to hear anything "igbo" or "Biafra". Presidency is not a 6 months journey and 1-man business like Obi is doing it. You need to carry everyone along. If you hate Buhari, hate Tinubu, hate Queen Elizabeth, hate everybody and you want their support to rule over the same set of people. I think you need to go back to the drawing board.

I repeat let history be taught in school so the youths will know whom to hate or love.
I come in peace!

3 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Should Not Blame The Queen by fman(m): 8:55pm On Sep 11, 2022
Another copy and paste.
Who dey give una this job?
They don brainwash u finish...
Rinse ya brain wt tribal bigotry.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbos Should Not Blame The Queen by donbrowser(m): 9:11pm On Sep 11, 2022
fman:
Another copy and paste.

Where's the lie?

2 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Should Not Blame The Queen by Kingspin(m): 9:13pm On Sep 11, 2022
donbrowser:
History should be a compulsory subject/course in Nigerian schools. That's why many youths are brainwashed today.

The Constitution that British Colonialists (Queen Elizabeth) handed over to us respected Regional Administrations but in 1966, 2 of the democratically elected Regional Premiers (SW & North) and the PM(North) were killed while SE Premier 'escaped'. Ironsi introduced Unitary System, abolished Regional government.

If you don't understand what the last statement is all about. It means Nigeria was not under a president before instead every region had their own leader until a man from another tribe said "let Nigeria be one country with one leader". Awolowo rigorously fought against this but because of selfishness of the region and that leader back then, they abolished a system that was working (which queen Elizabeth gave to us) and insisted that we should be compelled to just a leader.

That particular man thought his region will hold onto power forever not knowing things will change and here we are today at the mercy of the Northern part of Nigeria. Always begging them to cede presidency to the southern part of the country. With this little history you have read, does anyone from that region have the right to request for restructuring which simply was working and abolished by their person? How on earth is the queen to be blamed for the woes of this particular region? Do you think people from that region are channeling their agitators to the right people? Cos I think they should start with Azikwe and Aguinyi Ironsi.

So when I said SE people have a lot of work to do in order to attain presidency, I wasn't joking. SW and SS don't have much problems with them but you see Northerners?, they don't even want to hear anything "igbo" or "Biafra". Presidency is not a 6 months journey and 1-man business like Obi is doing it. You need to carry everyone along. If you hate Buhari, hate Tinubu, hate Queen Elizabeth, hate everybody and you want their support to rule over the same set of people. I think you need to go back to the drawing board.

I repeat let history be taught in school so the youths will know whom to hate or love.
I come in peace!
But Ukraine can blame Russia
Re: Why Igbos Should Not Blame The Queen by fman(m): 9:13pm On Sep 11, 2022
donbrowser:

Where's the lie?
How u wan take know
When they don fry ya brains with regional bigotry.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbos Should Not Blame The Queen by Moferere: 9:15pm On Sep 11, 2022
fman:
Another copy and paste.
What did he copy?
Igbos hate everybody, including Ebonyi people.
It is wrong nau undecided
Re: Why Igbos Should Not Blame The Queen by fman(m): 9:19pm On Sep 11, 2022
Moferere:

What did he copy?
And Yorubas hate igbos.
Abi una love them?

3 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Should Not Blame The Queen by donbrowser(m): 4:15am On Sep 12, 2022
Moferere:

What did he copy?

I just tire
Re: Why Igbos Should Not Blame The Queen by donbrowser(m): 4:17am On Sep 12, 2022
fman:

How u wan take know
When they don fry ya brains with regional bigotry.

What has bigotry got to do with this piece? Channel your rants and wail to the right source, stop hating Tinubu and blaming people for your own misfortune. The most recent one is even blaming the queen
Re: Why Igbos Should Not Blame The Queen by Tochi3(m): 4:34am On Sep 12, 2022
Good morning bro ....

Keep your filthy baseless assumptions to yourself and get that tongue out of Igbos butt...

Stop snitching.. Hate and tribalism have left you empty..Repent
Re: Why Igbos Should Not Blame The Queen by fman(m): 4:38am On Sep 12, 2022
donbrowser:

What has bigotry got to do with this piece? Channel your rants and wail to the right source, stop hating Tinubu and blaming people for your own misfortune. The most recent one is even blaming the queen
U mentioning me
Simply indicates that u are the one wailing.
Re: Why Igbos Should Not Blame The Queen by donbrowser(m): 4:43am On Sep 12, 2022
Tochi3:
Good morning bro ....

Keep your filthy baseless assumptions to yourself and get that tongue out of Igbos butt...

Stop snitching.. Hate and tribalism have left you empty..Repent

This is the truth you're hiding from the younger generations. Stop transferring generational hatred. Let them know an igbo man sold Nigeria to the North. Let them know your fellow igbo man is responsible for your woes. Let them know a fellow igbo man is responsible for your marginalization.

Stop blaming Tinubu
Stop blaming Buhari
Stop blaming the queen

Start with Azikwe and Ironsi's family. Tell the younger ones the truth!

2 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Should Not Blame The Queen by gidgiddy: 5:00am On Sep 12, 2022
donbrowser:

I come in peace!

They said that Zik was the one who wanted "one Nigeria" and prevented secession clause from entering the constitution, today it is them that shout "one Nigeria" the loudest and want to kill anyone who talks about secession

They said Aguiyi Ironsi removed the Regional system that was working, they killed Aguiyi Ironsi and subdivided the 4 Regions into 36 unitary states we have today

They say Igbo man will never be President, those that have been President the longest have nothing to show for it and suffer insecurity and poverty the most

They said Igbos did wrong, they came in and did far much worse

Nigeria is a funny place
Re: Why Igbos Should Not Blame The Queen by Uchek(m): 5:33am On Sep 12, 2022
You be BIG OLODO RABATA. You just want to trend on Nairaland.com. Have gotten your wish, what else? Go educate yourself on Nigeria history instead coming to embarrass your online.

donbrowser:

I come in peace!
Re: Why Igbos Should Not Blame The Queen by Uchek(m): 5:34am On Sep 12, 2022
You be BIG OLODO RABATA. You just want to trend on Nairaland.com. Have gotten your wish, what else? Go educate yourself on Nigeria history instead coming to embarrass your online.

donbrowser:

The Constitution that British Colonialists (Queen Elizabeth) handed over to us respected Regional Administrations but in 1966, 2 of the democratically elected Regional Premiers (SW & North) and the PM(North) werey killed while SE Premier 'escaped'. Ironsi introduced Unitary System, abolished Regional government.

I come in peace!
Re: Why Igbos Should Not Blame The Queen by donbrowser(m): 6:52am On Sep 12, 2022
Uchek:

Educate me
Re: Why Igbos Should Not Blame The Queen by Idiotseverywher: 7:18am On Sep 12, 2022
donbrowser:

Where's the lie?
. Its was Gowon who dissolved regional government in Nigeria with his decree 14, how did Ironsi bring unitary government in Nigeria? Its was Gowon who created states to politically empower the North, you people should atop changing the history, it the same Gowon that started the war they are blaming ojukwu, after rejecting the aburi agreement as nstructed by awolowo, enahoro and co, when they came back from Ghana, he sent troops to Igbo land when ojukwu insisted that he must abide with me agreement, you should stop lying, the history is there
Re: Why Igbos Should Not Blame The Queen by Paretomaster1(m): 7:20am On Sep 12, 2022
donbrowser:

I come in peace!

True talk, the hate towards the North since after the civil war is alarming, plus the recent Biafra agitation that has seen Northerners being attacked physically, and verbally.

Now you want to win the election with votes from the North

Reason the North didn't retaliate any of the attacks on them is because they don't want to spoil Bubu Govt , they know your play, and didn't play with you.

Most importantly, they are waiting at the Poll.. �
Re: Why Igbos Should Not Blame The Queen by maestroferddi: 7:24am On Sep 12, 2022
Moferere:

What did he copy?
So you are now an advocate of Ebonyi people?

Keep stoking disharmony where none exist....

Keep your satanic fixation on the Igbos while we keep soaring higher...
Re: Why Igbos Should Not Blame The Queen by DOTian: 7:24am On Sep 12, 2022
Another Day, another agbadorian rambling on the need for Africans to bow to a foreign genocidal queen!? When will you Yorubas stop trying to lecture the Igbo man on how to react to his oppressors!? Why not just stay in your lane?

When you guys turned this country upside down because of June 12 and General Sanni Abacha, we never lectured you! When you abused General Babangida to no end over the cancellation of June 12, we stayed in our lane.

Abacha did not fund a genocide in the South West, The British empire did! Abacha did not cause a percentage of the kind of havoc wrecked in the East by the British empire!
Why were you guys dancing and jubilating on the streets when Abacha died but find it totally incomprehensible that the igbos don't care a hoot about what happens to one Elizabeths carcass
Re: Why Igbos Should Not Blame The Queen by donbrowser(m): 7:26am On Sep 12, 2022
Idiotseverywher:
. Its was Gowon who dissolved regional government in Nigeria with his decree 14, how did Ironsi bring unitary government in Nigeria? Its was Gowon who created states to politically empower the North, you people should atop changing the history, it the same Gowon that started the war they are blaming ojukwu, after rejecting the aburi agreement as nstructed by awolowo, enahoro and co, when they came back from Ghana, he sent troops to Igbo land when ojukwu insisted that he must abide with me agreement, you should stop lying, the history is there

Go back to the history book grin

You want to add Gowon to the list again?
Re: Why Igbos Should Not Blame The Queen by donbrowser(m): 7:28am On Sep 12, 2022
DOTian:
Another Day, another agbadorian rambling on the need for Africans to bow to a foreign genocidal queen!? When will you Yorubas stop trying to lecture the Igbo man on how to react to his oppressors!? Why not just stay in your lane?

When you guys turned this country upside down because of June 12 and General Sanni Abacha, we never lectured you! When you abused General Babangida to no end over the cancellation of June 12, we stayed in our lane.

Abacha did not fund a genocide in the South West, The British empire did! Abacha did not cause a percentage of the kind of havoc wrecked in the East by the British empire!
Why were you guys dancing and jubilating on the streets when Abacha died but find it totally incomprehensible that the igbos don't care a hoot about what happens to one Elizabeths carcass

If you want to shift goal post, it's not on this thread. Stick to the topic. Tell the youths the truth, your fellow igbo men are responsible for the woes of your region.

Stop transferring generational hatred grin
Re: Why Igbos Should Not Blame The Queen by Idiotseverywher: 7:31am On Sep 12, 2022
donbrowser:

. You are the one who need to go back to history, you are not well read if not you wouldn't have said this, just go and read what happened in aburi Ghana and what Gowon did later and stop bring block head, just free your soul by reading the history objectively, you will be free
Re: Why Igbos Should Not Blame The Queen by DOTian: 7:32am On Sep 12, 2022
donbrowser:

But you are the one that needs more education because you are obviously empty!
Gowon was the one who desolved regionalism with the creation of states! That's the fact you guys are not willing to accept. What you are trying to do is to rewrite history while the characters are still alive.

Ironsi never crested a single state. Ironsi muted the idea of a unitary government and was killed while traveling around the country to gather enough support for the decree.

As at the day he died, the four regional governors were STILL in place
! Go back to an independent history book and read and to fouling the whole place with all sorts of adulterated history passed down to you by your genocidal uncles!
Re: Why Igbos Should Not Blame The Queen by maestroferddi: 7:33am On Sep 12, 2022
Senseless write-up...

You claimed that a so-called Igbo coup abolished regionalism and introduced a unitary system...

Meanwhile history shows that there was a counter coup barely six months after the first coup where an Igbo Head of State was killed and Igbos completely decimated in virtually all the power structures...

Now the one trillion dollar question is....

Did the ghost of the Igbos murdered in the counter coup and the pogroms that followed PREVENT or BAR successive governments especially the government formed after the counter coup from repealing or annulling the purported unification decree?

You cannot think critically to save your life but instead spread hate, bigotry and irresponsible revisionism...

We have left you and your types behind...
Re: Why Igbos Should Not Blame The Queen by donbrowser(m): 7:35am On Sep 12, 2022
DOTian:

But you are the one that needs more education because you are obviously empty!
Gowon was the one who desolved regionalism with the creation of states! That's the fact you guys are not willing to accept. What you are trying to do is to rewrite history while the characters are still alive.

Ironsi never crested a single state. Ironsi muted the idea of a unitary government and was killed while traveling around the country to gather enough support for the decree.

As at the day he died, the four regional governors were STILL in place
! Go back to an independent history book and read and to fouling the whole place with all sorts of adulterated history passed down to you by your genocidal uncles!

You cannot shift goal posts lol

You people hate Gowon cos he took some states away from you. That's a different history on its own. Your kinsmen abolished the working regional government queen Elizabeth gave to us.
Re: Why Igbos Should Not Blame The Queen by Lionnation: 7:35am On Sep 12, 2022
donbrowser:

Where's the lie?
Who are asking, where is truth in all these jagorns you put up there
Re: Why Igbos Should Not Blame The Queen by donbrowser(m): 7:36am On Sep 12, 2022
maestroferddi:
Senseless write-up...

You claimed that a so-called Igbo coup abolished regionalism and introduced a unitary system...

Meanwhile history shows that there was a counter coup barely six months after the first coup where an Igbo Head of State was killed and Igbos completely decimated in virtually all the power structures...

Now the one trillion dollar question is....

Did the ghost of the Igbos murdered in thr counter coup and the pogroms that followed PREVENT or BAR successive governments especially the government formed after the counter coup from repealing or annulling the purported unification decree?

You cannot think critically to save your life but instead spread hate, bigotry and irresponsible revisionism...

We have left you and your types behind...

Who was the first head of state again? grin
Re: Why Igbos Should Not Blame The Queen by donbrowser(m): 7:38am On Sep 12, 2022
Lionnation:

Who are asking, where is truth in all these jagorns you put up there

Who was the first head of state again grin
Re: Why Igbos Should Not Blame The Queen by DOTian: 7:42am On Sep 12, 2022
donbrowser:

You cannot shift goal posts lol

You people hate Gowon cos he took some states away from you. That's a different history on its own. Your kinsmen abolished the working regional government queen Elizabeth gave to us.
Go and read.
What you need is better education not online wars
Re: Why Igbos Should Not Blame The Queen by maestroferddi: 7:43am On Sep 12, 2022
donbrowser:

Who was the first head of state again? grin
You are a complete waste of time...
Re: Why Igbos Should Not Blame The Queen by etrouble: 7:43am On Sep 12, 2022
Aguyi Ironsi abolished Region Governments because of Igbos selfish agenda. Igbos also killed leaders of other regions. But, God humiliated them at the end. Ogun, Sango, Obatala, Aiyelala and Esu Odara used three million of them for sacrifice

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wike Mocks Yahaya Bello . Photos And Video. / 2023: Why I’ll Work Against APC – Amosun / I Didn't Invest Cash But Land For The Brewery- Peter Obi Contradicts Himself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.