Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:04 AM

I Need Advice - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need Advice (1419 Views)

Please Help Me! I'm Extremely Confused & Need Advice / Need Advice From Married Couples/divorced Women / I Need Advice, I'm Seriously Lost... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Advice by Adbash: 11:02pm On Aug 10, 2011
A friend of mine did engagement with a guy and she moved in to his house. She later got pregnant for dis guy bt d guy said he was nt interested again dat she should abort d pregnancy without any reason. My friend refused to abort it and later gave birth 2 a baby girl which is nw 4yrs. Since then has nt seen come to look 4 his baby. Pls lawyers in d house how can she seek legal action on dis guy and make d guy pay 4 his deed.
Re: I Need Advice by Nobody: 11:44pm On Aug 10, 2011
pay for what exactly?! pay for the baby´s need or the girl want him to pay for changing his mind about her?
depending on where you live, you may have different law to sort this problem.

this is a tricky question but here is my view: he doesnt owe her SHIIIT!!!!
if she decided to carry that baby through, while this man CLEARLY wanted her to have an abortion, then she should be able to care for that baby alone, as she decided to go about it alone. this man should give her JUST what is needed for the care of the kid and not a kobo more.

sadly if she lives in the US, she will be able to get her hands on much more than just Kobos, after they have a DNA test that proves that he is the father. if she lives in 9ja, oh well she can PRAY about it, like most religious person would tell you to. . . . . . . . . . .but if you are lucky maybe that new Fashola´s law about pregnant women abandonment will save her. lol
Re: I Need Advice by Nobody: 2:26am On Aug 11, 2011
who send her to carry belle?
Re: I Need Advice by rose75(f): 10:12am On Aug 11, 2011
What was she expecting?
Re: I Need Advice by obowunmi(m): 11:32am On Aug 11, 2011
Foolish girl. Where is she based ?
Re: I Need Advice by ifyalways(f): 11:58am On Aug 11, 2011
Adbash:

A friend of mine did engagement with a guy and she moved in to his house. She later got pregnant for dis guy bt d guy said he was nt interested again dat she should abort d pregnancy without any reason. My friend refused to abort it and later gave birth 2 a baby girl which is nw 4yrs. Since then has nt seen come to look 4 his baby. Pls lawyers in d house how can she seek legal action on dis guy and make d guy pay 4 his deed.
Which deed?

The only weapon and case she has is persuasion and hope for change of heart.Shikena
Re: I Need Advice by Nobody: 3:11pm On Aug 11, 2011
She asked for advice not whethere what she did was wrong or right. I am a bit disappointed none of you offered advice only insults. There were engaged living together, her crime was refusing to abort, haba. Even pple i respect in this section, so refusing to kill a child is now a crime?
Poster: Tell her to go to the social welfare department in her state, there is an office in every local Government Secretariat, state her case, they will invite for a meeting, if he denies paternity, DNA test if he does not based on his income he will be made to pay a monthly support for your friend and her child. one underfunded agency that still get its work done is social welfare, best wshes to her and God Bless her for not aborting her child.
Re: I Need Advice by ronkebp(f): 3:28pm On Aug 11, 2011
I really don't think there is any legal action she can take against him, especially since they are not married, engagement is not the same thing as marraige. But i know that guy would regret his action someday.
Re: I Need Advice by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 11, 2011
ronkebp:

I really don't think there is any legal action she can take against him, especially since they are not married, engagement is not the same thing as marraige. But i know that guy would regret his action someday.
She can get child support, all she needs to do is visit social welfare office. if you know anyone in similar situation advise dem to do same.
Re: I Need Advice by Nobody: 3:36pm On Aug 11, 2011
If he is in Lagos the new laaw now makes it worse for him, cos you get a woman preggy and run and face jail term
Re: I Need Advice by ifyalways(f): 4:08pm On Aug 11, 2011
Quick one @ OP,where have the lady(your friend) been living since the day the man asked her to go for an abortion,with the man ?
Did they separate after the no-baby scenario?Did he provide money for abortion and did your friend collect it albeit kept the pregnancy?

btw,what do you mean precisely by engagement?The guy went with his people to see the girls family or the guy presented the girl a ring undecided
Re: I Need Advice by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 11, 2011
@debrief

New law? really? Fashola ride on jare.
Re: I Need Advice by Nobody: 5:09pm On Aug 11, 2011
Re: I Need Advice by obowunmi(m): 5:13pm On Aug 11, 2011
Where is the girl based ? angry angry angry
Re: I Need Advice by Nobody: 5:34pm On Aug 11, 2011
Yes Jenny, he also signed a new anti rape law which presribes life sentence for rapists. All u ogas dat rape ur housemaids n get madam to through her out God don catch una.
Re: I Need Advice by ronkebp(f): 5:38pm On Aug 11, 2011
debrief08:

She can get child support, all she needs to do is visit social welfare office. if you know anyone in similar situation advise dem to do same.
debrief08:

Yes Jenny, he also signed a new anti violation law which presribes life sentence for rapists. All u ogas dat violation your housemaids n get madam to through her out God don catch una.

debrief08:

If he is in Lagos the new laaw now makes it worse for him, cos you get a woman preggy and run and face jail term

Things are getting better, (singing and dancing), ehn!!!! ehenn!!!!!!!!! oya now, let her run to the welfare's office, kpa!kpa!!kpa!!, that meat is in trouble.
Re: I Need Advice by Outstrip(f): 1:33am On Aug 12, 2011
UP LAGOS grin

The poster is not really clear. Is she trying to get child support or is she trying to get him to pay for dumping her.
Re: I Need Advice by Ivynwa(f): 3:10am On Aug 15, 2011
"
Re: I Need Advice by Nobody: 6:34am On Aug 15, 2011
It is not only the new law that stipulates that a woman can get child support. Even under the old law, when you report your case to social welfare married or not, even if you have had just a one night stand and you have a baby its the right of the baby to have mother and father support. A lot of men have gotten away with not suppoeting their kids due to ignorance of this law and the Nigerian mentality of " leave everything to God one day he will come back" God gave us laws so we won't have to go back to him for every little thing. People should learn to use the laws, it may be slow but justice in welfare cases is served 90% of the time
Re: I Need Advice by Nobody: 6:53am On Aug 15, 2011
My neighbors husband impregnanted his househelp and the wife sent her packing in d middle of the night, she came to my house cos I was alwats giving her school books. She intended to spend d night and go to her village. This was d third househelp d man had forcefully had intercourse with and impregnanted, one was forced to ve an abortion and sent away the other was tortured till she miscarried, the 2 cases were before I moved in, yet the wife kept bringing female househelps to her house. Anywat back to d gist. I told her to go the social welfare office husband and wife were summoned as usual they rhought they could intimadte the poor girl and social worker with the "do you know who I am charade? I am calling the IG of Police" the woman calmly told him to call everybody he knows and be sure to tell them what he dod cos she too is making her own calls to the media so they can all read about it there if he wants a messy case he will get it. That calmed both Oga and madam down quickly,he was made to get a good accomodation for the girl and her mom, pay a huge monthly support, when they finished the other 2 girls came forward and those onces refused to settle, he is now facing charges for forced intercourse with under aged girls, child trafficking and forced abortion. The child rights act covers some of their own case cos all the girls are between 13 and 15. Imagine how many more he and his wife would have ruined
Re: I Need Advice by legitdrop: 6:53am On Aug 15, 2011
@debrief08 , you spoke well but @ the same time is not every body that wish to leave the life of "leave everything to God one day he will come back".  And you said something, you said Nigeria (mentality) Imagine we have none standard human right in Nigeria so i believe such things will continue to happen until the human right perspective  is strong and serious we just to pray to God to put us through. @debrief08,  there noffin God can't do He his the owner of the world and he sees every one who dose bad , good, and trying, So we all are not perfect.

Thank you
Re: I Need Advice by legitdrop: 7:02am On Aug 15, 2011
@debrief08, Please I am very sorry i have nuffin to say about the man, Because it's beyond expression, you said that's not the first time, I fink the man need a serious deliverance or else it might end up in mess. For example do you fink all the madman and women on the street are just fortune just like that? That's why i said God should help us because God loves Nigeria, We keep every day dose not mean we should be bad to the once that are not. hmmmm i will drop my writing here because i might not stopped if i start .

Thanks to the funder of this Niraland because i have no interest in register before but i have done that today it has a reason every fin in the life has a reason is just like a Geographical Earth it's spherical in Shape.
Re: I Need Advice by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 15, 2011
Deliverance! Yes am sure he will get enough of that when his fellow men rape him in prison.

(1) (Reply)

Cheating Husband / People Insulted Me Over My Marriage With 9ice: Toni Payne / Marriage Counsellors Where Art Thou? Young Couples Need To Be Guided

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.