Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,711 members, 7,827,586 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

EFCC Arrests Chinese National In Ilorin - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / EFCC Arrests Chinese National In Ilorin (951 Views)

EFCC Arrests Over 70 OAU Students In Midnight Raid / Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin / EFCC Arrests Two For Operating Examination Malpractice Websites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Arrests Chinese National In Ilorin by Justseyii: 10:04pm On Sep 11, 2022
EFCC arrests Chinese national in Ilorin

EFCC arrests Chinese national in Ilorin

A 29-year-old Chinese man named Gang Deng has been detained by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) in Ilorin for allegedly engaging in illicit mining there.

In a statement made available to the newsmen in Ilorin on Saturday, the head of the commission’s media and publicity department, Wilson Uwujaren, said that Deng had been detained on Friday after being discovered to be in unlawful possession of crude minerals.

A truckload of minerals suspected to be lepidolite was recovered from him.

“The suspect will be charged to court as soon as investigations are concluded,” the commission said.

Visit the Student Village forum for more interesting contents, feel free to post yours.

https://www.studentvillage.com.ng/forums/topic/efcc-arrests-chinese-national-in-ilorin/
Re: EFCC Arrests Chinese National In Ilorin by chukxie(m): 12:53am On Sep 12, 2022
A Chinese national was arrested for illegal mining. My question is : How did he know where to dig for minerals? A local, a chief, a politician...must've done a shady deal with the Chinese citizen that granted him the 'rights' to dig for minerals. Some black people have sold their birthright to foreigners for peanuts!
Re: EFCC Arrests Chinese National In Ilorin by SporaD8: 5:43am On Sep 12, 2022
chukxie:
A Chinese national was arrested for illegal mining. My question is : How did he know where to dig for minerals? A local, a chief, a politician...must've done a shady deal with the Chinese citizen that granted him the 'rights' to dig for minerals. Some black people have sold their birthright to foreigners for peanuts!
I don't really know who do us Africans this strong thing?! It Wells in me a passionate anger that won't pass! arrrgh!
Nature has already blessed us Africans in abundance with various herbs and elements wherein our ancestors were able to attain the level of the gods!
Colonialism came and mischievously term it - Juju, voodoo, Black magic, etc. Is this not the same knowledges they stole, took with them and study to achieve ground-breaking advancement in Technology, Health and Science?!
If only my Kwara people Know the healing properties and lithium composition of this lepidolite gem stone, they will not be begging for crumbs!
What then is the use of our higher Institutions of Technology when they can't even recognize this abundant elements in their backyard much less put them into good use?
Although free from Colonial Oppression, we are yet enslaved by Mental Poverty!
When Africans... When will your absolute Salvation be?!

cc: Mynd44, Fynestboi, Please help move this to front page, we need to create public awareness to protect our National Treasures and Resources.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Chinese National In Ilorin by mprtuary: 7:21am On Sep 12, 2022
chukxie:

ITK de worry you
Re: EFCC Arrests Chinese National In Ilorin by owagbeba: 8:12am On Sep 12, 2022
The Core structure of Nigeria as an organized society is broken. Everyone acts like it’s free for all... even the resident foreigners have adopted the same attitude of typical Nigerians... “no shaking mentality ... nothing dey happen”

It’s sad... will multi-party democracy deliver us out of this mess? will a 4-year or 8-year rule overturn decades of maladministration?

Imagine a society where people pee in the middle of a major road, including police officers. It’s gonna be tough to change our mindset.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Chinese National In Ilorin by Mercury12(m): 10:18am On Sep 12, 2022
Re: EFCC Arrests Chinese National In Ilorin by chukxie(m): 1:58pm On Sep 12, 2022
mprtuary:

ITK de worry you

Na mumu dey worry you if you feel say wetin I write dey wrong!

(1) (Reply)

I Am Not Interested In Your First-class - VC, Maduka University (VIDEO) / My Erroneous Jamb Result / Help Needed: Urgent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.