Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,167 members, 7,864,042 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:47 AM

“I Am Devastated”- Thomas Tuchel Breaks Silence After Getting Sacked By Chelsea - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / “I Am Devastated”- Thomas Tuchel Breaks Silence After Getting Sacked By Chelsea (292 Views)

Andre Gomes Injured, Leg Breaks, Players Devastated (Photos) / Mikel Obi Finally Breaks Silence After Being Omitted From Super Eagles Squad / Aden Marwa: Kenyan Referee Sacked By FIFA - World Cup For Receiving $600 Bribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“I Am Devastated”- Thomas Tuchel Breaks Silence After Getting Sacked By Chelsea by damilola4162(m): 7:26am On Sep 12, 2022
Thomas Tuchel has broken his silence for the first time since getting the sack from Chelsea co-owner, Todd Boehly, Newspremises reports.

Tuchel shared how the decision was painful and devastating for him to come to terms with.

The German tactician made the disclosure in a series of tweets on his verified Twitter handle on Sunday evening, read his tweets HERE

Tuchel was fired by the Blues owners on Wednesday morning, hours after the team lost to Dinamo Zagreb on the opening night of the Champions League.

The former Paris Saint-Germain manager was relieved of duties by the Chelsea owners via a 10-minute conference call in the Cobham training ground. He pleaded for the time in that call, but none was given.

The 49-year-old shared how he felt at home in the club, both professionally and personally. He also expressed his pride and joy to help the team win the Champions League and the Club World Cup. It is clear by his statement that it was solely the club’s decision to part ways.

Tuchel replaced club legend Frank Lampard in January 2021 as the new manager. He took the team to Champions League glory in four months’ time, beating English champions Manchester City in the final.

Last season, despite all the difficulties in the second half due to sanction issues, Tuchel led Chelsea to a third-place finish in the league, won the Club World Cup and the Super Cup, and lost two domestic cup finals to Liverpool only on penalties.

Under the new ownership, with no sporting director, the German took part in the club’s transfer activities during this summer transfer window. But, a week from the deadline day, he was sacked from the role despite getting some players on and just before the deadline.

While everyone can point to a slow start to the season, one can argue that the manager did not get enough time with the newly-assembled squad to impart his tactical knowledge. 10 points from six league games is a bad start, but not a disaster by any stretch of the imagination.

Potter has a massive job on his hand. He needs to be successful in a quick manner and leave next to no room for complaints, otherwise, huge questions would be raised over Chelsea sacking Tuchel so early this eason.

Source: https://newspremises.com.ng/i-am-devastated-thomas-tuchel-breaks-silence-after-getting-sacked-by-chelsea/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Dominique

Re: “I Am Devastated”- Thomas Tuchel Breaks Silence After Getting Sacked By Chelsea by Anigreat: 7:27am On Sep 12, 2022
shocked

Chelshit football club are ingrate, Tuchel didn't deserve the sack.
Re: “I Am Devastated”- Thomas Tuchel Breaks Silence After Getting Sacked By Chelsea by damilola4162(m): 7:27am On Sep 12, 2022
You can read his full tweet HERE
Re: “I Am Devastated”- Thomas Tuchel Breaks Silence After Getting Sacked By Chelsea by damilola4162(m): 7:30am On Sep 12, 2022
Anigreat:
shocked

Chelshit football club are ingrate, Tuchel didn't deserve the sack.
Abi ooo, they should have given him more time.
Re: “I Am Devastated”- Thomas Tuchel Breaks Silence After Getting Sacked By Chelsea by Shedrack777: 7:31am On Sep 12, 2022
to be honest, chelsea no try for this man. after all the service he rendered
Re: “I Am Devastated”- Thomas Tuchel Breaks Silence After Getting Sacked By Chelsea by Totilopussylick(m): 7:51am On Sep 12, 2022
I am not a Chelsea FC fan but that club and sacking of coaches are inseparable tongue undecided
Re: “I Am Devastated”- Thomas Tuchel Breaks Silence After Getting Sacked By Chelsea by IamDietiesGod: 8:01am On Sep 12, 2022
Those shouting " Chelsea are ingrate" bla bla should have known that this has always been Chelsea Philosophy ,"u once performed well, is not part of ours but are you still performing". So nothing surprising.
Re: “I Am Devastated”- Thomas Tuchel Breaks Silence After Getting Sacked By Chelsea by dawnomike(m): 8:01am On Sep 12, 2022
The new owner has decided to tow the path of the old to glory...
Re: “I Am Devastated”- Thomas Tuchel Breaks Silence After Getting Sacked By Chelsea by Waakanda: 8:02am On Sep 12, 2022
He'll soon get a new club to handle. It's just a matter of time. He'll be fine again.
Re: “I Am Devastated”- Thomas Tuchel Breaks Silence After Getting Sacked By Chelsea by damilola4162(m): 8:13am On Sep 12, 2022
IamDietiesGod:
Those shouting " Chelsea are ingrate" bla bla should have known that this has always been Chelsea Philosophy nothing surprising.
cheesy embarassed
Re: “I Am Devastated”- Thomas Tuchel Breaks Silence After Getting Sacked By Chelsea by damilola4162(m): 8:14am On Sep 12, 2022
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Dominique
Re: “I Am Devastated”- Thomas Tuchel Breaks Silence After Getting Sacked By Chelsea by reccy(m): 9:02am On Sep 12, 2022
This guy is good but we are not that patience for mediocre display.

When you watch city, liverpool and Arsenal, you would not have the nerve to watch chelsea games due to their way of playing... No rhyme, urgency, and motivation. We know you've done a lot for us, we would forever remember you as part of our history but we need to play to our taste.

Thank you thomas!!!

1 Like

Re: “I Am Devastated”- Thomas Tuchel Breaks Silence After Getting Sacked By Chelsea by HarlequinLekex: 10:30am On Sep 12, 2022
IamDietiesGod:
Those shouting " Chelsea are ingrate" bla bla should have known that this has always been Chelsea Philosophy ,"u once performed well, is not part of ours but are you still performing". So nothing surprising.

Then why was he backed in the TW

(1) (Reply)

UEFA WCL: Oshoala Named Player Of The Match In Barca’s 9-0 Win Vs Benfica / Free Tonight Odds Stake High / Chelsea Vs Arsenal Predict And Win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.