Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,741 members, 7,820,549 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Beware!!! Scam Formats: Personal Experiences - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Beware!!! Scam Formats: Personal Experiences (1578 Views)

ISLAMIC-RELIEF.MU - Fake Replicat Of Islamic-relief.org BEWARE - SCAM! / Man Experiences Painful Farts After 'Raping' Native Doctor's Daughter. Photos / Yahoo Boys Formats In Nigeria - See How They Make Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware!!! Scam Formats: Personal Experiences by uncleck: 8:48am On Sep 12, 2022
Number 1

I went to deliver material at Njaba, Imo state. On my way back I received a call. The contact is not stored on my phone and I'm not familiar with the Truecaller name but the guy made me to understand that he met me when he came to buy material in our company sometime ago. Now he started his story:

He is an engineer and was transferred to Kaduna. There he met an old friend who serves one wealthy business man. This his friend has gathered a lot of money over the years and now wants to buy land in Kaduna. So he had to advise this his friend that it was better to buy the land in the East because no one knows tomorrow. On that premise he decided to contact me as someone who can use my connection to help them get land in Owerri. They need two or three plots in a good location with a budget of 20 to 25 million. I said no problem, call me back in 5 days.

Five days later he called and I told him I've seen. A three plot for 22 million and two plots for 28 million (NB. I didn't do anything, I know it was all fraud but I just wanted to see to the end). He now said he will give me the friend's number so that we can communicate directly. I told him to give him my own number instead. (I wasn't ready to spend a dime on call credit).

To cut the long story short, arrangements were made. Being that he was under somebody, the money has to be moved discretely in cash. So he will wait till Oga closes for work then he will put the money in a fridge, lock it and then waybill it. He sent me the driver's number and the waybill number.

The following morning I got a call from the supposed driver. He said he is at Okene that custom people stopped them and are searching everything in the van. They had opened the carton of the fridge but there's a lock so they want to break the padlock to know what's inside. I asked him to call the person that gave him the waybill and he told me that the number was switched off, I confirmed it too. So I now asked what could be done he said I should talk with the custom officers.

He gave his phone to the supposed custom people and they told me they needed to know why there's a padlock on a new fridge or otherwise I should settle with 500k. I smiled. But I bargained anyway until they accepted 50k. I asked the driver to send me his account number he refused. I asked the custom officer for their account number they refused. Instead they said there's a POS operator nearby that they will get her account number. I said ok. They sent the account number and I told them I would have to go to a POS to do the transaction. When I posted them till around midday they stopped calling till this day. So they would have taken my 50k just like that.

8 Likes

Re: Beware!!! Scam Formats: Personal Experiences by uncleck: 8:48am On Sep 12, 2022
Number 2
I received a call to come and check a site. The picture of the building and location were sent, we booked appointment. That fateful morning I went to the location we agreed on. The guy met me few minutes later and took me to the supposed house of the uncle of the owner of the house; he was supposed to give us the key to the property.

In his house he ushered us in and started to ask me some few normal questions, like little interview. Along the line a guy, very huge and muscular, came inside where we were sitting. He was carrying a black nylon bag. Not minding that we were talking before he came, he went straight to the house owner and gave him the nylon and told him that he is the owner of that goods....

In summary, the huge guy supposedly deals on contraband. The brother of this house owner is a top custom officer. This huge boy was transporting a contraband when he was arrested by custom officers. This top custom officer was going for weekend when he saw the young man crying at the back of their (custom) van. He was moved to find out why he was crying. On learning that he is Igbo was Anambra, he intervened and those guys now accepted 200k. Meanwhile the guy had only 100k but his brother is a luxury driver; he should bail him out. So the top custom officer completed the money for him and now took him to the transport company where the brother works, eventually contrary to earlier plan, he had now loaded to Lagos. It was night so the top custom officer has to carry the goods home pending when the boy would bring his money and carry his goods.

The boy didn't come throughout the weekend so the top custom officer left the goods and message with this his uncle whom we are staying in his house.

Now the twist. The guy didn't come with complete money as agreed. So this uncle said he won't release the goods. He came with 70k as I and the agent that brought me were made to understand. This guy lamented how his grandma fell inside well and all the expenses they incurred. This uncle said the only thing he would do is to share whatever it was that is inside the container into two.

Long story short, that box is filled with specimen used to produce cash. He opened the box, brought out few pieces, brought out some chemicals, put them in a bucket of water and washed the paper. It was 1000 naira notes. He said there are 1 million pieces inside that box.

Now this uncle and this agent said they were interested. After all said and done, 5milion naira chemical was needed to wash the whole container or 2.5 for half. We are to contribute money and after washing we will have our share. But we must take blood oath so that no one will betray each other.

I accepted. But I told them I had to call my workers and tell them not to wait for me again because I was supposed to take them to a site that morning. I faked a call and went outside. From there I japa

6 Likes

Re: Beware!!! Scam Formats: Personal Experiences by uncleck: 8:48am On Sep 12, 2022
Number 3

When I was riding Keke, I met this guy at fire service round about, Owerri. It was around 8 pm. He told me to take him to Young Shall Grow park to pick something, take him to his home and drop him and finally take him to office. According to him, he is a hotel manager. We got to the park, he went in and came out shortly with a Nigerian passport. He said he is planning to travel and all those long stories. We got to a street in Amakohia, inside the street he asked me to give him like 3k, he forgot the wife asked him to buy drug for their child, when we get to the office he will give me. I gave him 2k. We stopped close to a shop and he went in. Shortly he came out. After some poles he asked me to stop. He went into the compound to drop those things so that I will take him to office. Up till today he hasn't come out of the compound. When I entered the compound I discovered that it was like hostel with numerous flats and the fence at the back was broken. I count my losses and moved on.

Number 4.
I won't narrate any particular story here. But I want you all to know that majority of people in Telegram and Facebook are scammers. So always be vigilant.

At this age it is sacrilegious for you to fall for those callers from your bank telling you stories about your pin and what not.

Beware of those jumia and konga adverts you see on Facebook. I mean real sponsored ads on Facebook mostly about black Friday and other suspicious discounts.

If you're a guy, be wary whenever a beautiful girl initial a conversation with you on social media.

Be wary whenever a white man or woman initiates a conversation with you.

Be wary whenever a girl asks you to send her transport fare to come and see you while she is not a hookup girl.

I have numerous experiences with scammers. But these are the ones I can type at the moment. Maybe later I will type more

8 Likes

Re: Beware!!! Scam Formats: Personal Experiences by fman(m): 9:01am On Sep 12, 2022
U r smart.
U wasted their airtime
Kudos..
They think say them wise...
All of them na Mumu boys

3 Likes

Re: Beware!!! Scam Formats: Personal Experiences by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 12, 2022
Hahahaha...
You tried,dey no wise

1 Like

Re: Beware!!! Scam Formats: Personal Experiences by libertyfather(m): 9:34am On Sep 12, 2022
Oh boi you dey try ooo, nah only you dey experience all this parol? Num 3 still dey
Re: Beware!!! Scam Formats: Personal Experiences by apostle96: 12:37pm On Sep 12, 2022
[i][/i][img][/img] grin[img][/img] if you are not wise ehn...o.y.o is your case

1 Like

Re: Beware!!! Scam Formats: Personal Experiences by uncleck: 12:43pm On Sep 12, 2022
apostle96:
[i][/i][img][/img] grin[img][/img] if you are not wise ehn...o.y.o is your case
My brother, street is NEPA if you're not careful it will shock you

1 Like

Re: Beware!!! Scam Formats: Personal Experiences by uncleck: 12:47pm On Sep 12, 2022
fman:
U r smart.
U wasted their airtime
Kudos..
They think say them wise...
All of them na Mumu boys
I do it a lot with those ones that claim they're from my bank. If I pick the call and discover that it's them, I'll put the phone in my pocket without cutting the call

1 Like

Re: Beware!!! Scam Formats: Personal Experiences by uncleck: 12:47pm On Sep 12, 2022
libertyfather:
Oh boi you dey try ooo, nah only you dey experience all this parol? Num 3 still dey
I'm their regular customer both online and offline

1 Like

Re: Beware!!! Scam Formats: Personal Experiences by uncleck: 12:55pm On Sep 12, 2022
Many years ago when Nokia was the king of mobile phone, I went to St Michaels, Aba to get myself a phone. I actually had a phone in mind. When I got there these guys convinced me to buy another phone. The said the name is Tecno Nokia. That was the first time I heard of Tecno. They told me a lot of things the phone could do that Nokia could not. Along the line I even forget that browsing was the main reason I wanted to buy another phone as the java phone I was using started hanging.

In the end I bought the "Tecno Nokia" slightly cheaper than the Nokia I had in mind. While inside the bus going home I decided to enjoy my phone. Lo and behold the phone couldn't browse. The only thing good about it was the loud speaker and the small memory card it came with.

Right there in the bus I started looking for a buyer. I sold it that night at slightly above half the amount I bought it. I will never forget TECNO NOKIA. Aba boys I greet o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware!!! Scam Formats: Personal Experiences by moneymaniyke143(m): 1:07pm On Sep 12, 2022
grin grin grin I don nearly piss for body

1 Like

Re: Beware!!! Scam Formats: Personal Experiences by Samfloxin(m): 2:58pm On Sep 12, 2022
uncleck:
Number 1

I went to deliver material at Njaba, Imo state. On my way back I received a call. The contact is not stored on my phone and I'm not familiar with the Truecaller name but the guy made me to understand that he met me when he came to buy material in our company sometime ago. Now he started his story:

He is an engineer and was transferred to Kaduna. There he met an old friend who serves one wealthy business man. This his friend has gathered a lot of money over the years and now wants to buy land in Kaduna. So he had to advise this his friend that it was better to buy the land in the East because no one knows tomorrow. On that premise he decided to contact me as someone who can use my connection to help them get land in Owerri. They need two or three plots in a good location with a budget of 20 to 25 million. I said no problem, call me back in 5 days.

Five days later he called and I told him I've seen. A three plot for 22 million and two plots for 28 million (NB. I didn't do anything, I know it was all fraud but I just wanted to see to the end). He now said he will give me the friend's number so that we can communicate directly. I told him to give him my own number instead. (I wasn't ready to spend a dime on call credit).

To cut the long story short, arrangements were made. Being that he was under somebody, the money has to be moved discretely in cash. So he will wait till Oga closes for work then he will put the money in a fridge, lock it and then waybill it. He sent me the driver's number and the waybill number.

The following morning I got a call from the supposed driver. He said he is at Okene that custom people stopped them and are searching everything in the van. They had opened the carton of the fridge but there's a lock so they want to break the padlock to know what's inside. I asked him to call the person that gave him the waybill and he told me that the number was switched off, I confirmed it too. So I now asked what could be done he said I should talk with the custom officers.

He gave his phone to the supposed custom people and they told me they needed to know why there's a padlock on a new fridge or otherwise I should settle with 500k. I smiled. But I bargained anyway until they accepted 50k. I asked the driver to send me his account number he refused. I asked the custom officer for their account number they refused. Instead they said there's a POS operator nearby that they will get her account number. I said ok. They sent the account number and I told them I would have to go to a POS to do the transaction. When I posted them till around midday they stopped calling till this day. So they would have taken my 50k just like that.
They used it on someone I know and they succeeded
Re: Beware!!! Scam Formats: Personal Experiences by uncleck: 3:00pm On Sep 12, 2022
Samfloxin:

They used it on someone I know and they succeeded
Eyaa
Re: Beware!!! Scam Formats: Personal Experiences by Softmirror: 3:13pm On Sep 12, 2022
grin
Re: Beware!!! Scam Formats: Personal Experiences by uncleck: 11:35pm On Sep 12, 2022
moneymaniyke143:
grin grin grin I don nearly piss for body
Is that your teeth?
Re: Beware!!! Scam Formats: Personal Experiences by faithfull18(f): 8:55am On Sep 13, 2022
Chai, hmmn.
Re: Beware!!! Scam Formats: Personal Experiences by uncleck: 10:04pm On Mar 20, 2023
Number 5
Some years ago, after NYSC, I was trying to get hold of life. I went to market to buy a 16" mattress for my new self con apartment. I choosed naked foam because it was cheaper. They brought out there tape in my presence and measured it, it was 16 inches. When I got home and measured it with my own tape it was 14".

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Nwoko Secures Release Of Suspect Who Can Manufacture Drones, Modify AK-47 / PHOTO: A Man Killed A Lady Over Refusal To Marriage Proposal / Young Lady Found Beheaded In Imo With Her Breasts & Private Part Missing(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.