Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,887 members, 7,810,409 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:31 AM

Is Honey Good For The Treatment Of Acne - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is Honey Good For The Treatment Of Acne (6437 Views)

Any Herbal Cure/remedy For The Treatment Hernia / Urgent Help For The Treatment Of Goiter / How Effective Is Nicosan For The Treatment Of Sickle Cell ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Honey Good For The Treatment Of Acne by hermosa(f): 2:31am On Aug 11, 2011
Hi everyone! I'm 25years old this august and have had acne since my teenage years. Having acne has changed my life activities. I constantly have to use Mary Kay foundation toncover up my acne scars, it's a burden and really expensive constantly buying 2000 naira foundation every month, and the worst part depending on where I live, depending on the weather and temperature my skin becomes freakishly light or extremely dark, especially the face, so I constantly have to change which color of foundation to use and I buy 3 different types.
Another con of acne is all the products I've been using, I've used Vichy, neutrogena, clean and clear and many others over the years but they either make my skin break out more or do absolutely nothing!! I'm tired and frustrated! I just want to be normal!
So last week I was googling natural home remedies to use to treat my acne and scars, honey and lemon juice was suggested. I started using honey, to soothe and lighten up the scars but there wasn't much change, that I noticed, then I realized I needed to buy organic, untreated honey which I got a couple of days ago.
So my question is has anyone else tried honey to treat their acne and scars and what was the verdict??
Re: Is Honey Good For The Treatment Of Acne by Dyt(f): 6:19am On Aug 11, 2011
If u cld get d original
nottin honey cant do
very natural
Re: Is Honey Good For The Treatment Of Acne by hermosa(f): 7:11am On Aug 11, 2011
hmmm, ok. well im already using it, so we'll wait and see,
Re: Is Honey Good For The Treatment Of Acne by Dyt(f): 8:45am On Aug 11, 2011
Dats actually my crm
Re: Is Honey Good For The Treatment Of Acne by Nobody: 5:09pm On Aug 11, 2011
Honey works but it has to be ORIGINAL.
Re: Is Honey Good For The Treatment Of Acne by neela: 10:33am On Aug 12, 2011
Yes dear,
Honey is really good for skin and especially acne removal.
It would also help you to have a healthy skin.
Schaumburg Weight Loss
Re: Is Honey Good For The Treatment Of Acne by RandV: 6:14am On Sep 22, 2011
hermosa:

Hi everyone! I'm 25years old this august and have had acne since my teenage years. Having acne has changed my life activities. I constantly have to use Mary Kay foundation toncover up my acne scars, it's a burden and really expensive constantly buying 2000 naira foundation every month, and the worst part depending on where I live, depending on the weather and temperature my skin becomes freakishly light or extremely dark, especially the face, so I constantly have to change which color of foundation to use and I buy 3 different types.
Another con of acne is all the products I've been using, I've used Vichy, neutrogena, clean and clear and many others over the years but they either make my skin break out more or do absolutely nothing!! I'm tired and frustrated! I just want to be normal!
So last week I was googling natural home remedies to use to treat my acne and scars, honey and lemon juice was suggested. I started using honey, to soothe and lighten up the scars but there wasn't much change, that I noticed, then I realized I needed to buy organic, untreated honey which I got a couple of days ago.

So my question is has anyone else tried honey to treat their acne and scars and what was the verdict?

Hi Hermosa,

I wanted to know if you have gotten any visible results from using honey to treat your acne issues. You see I am an internationally trained esthetician, and I am a little dubious of honey giving you the results that you want, however I am very interested in your finds. You see, honey has very good calming properties and can be used for a wide range of skin concerns, but I am not sure moderate to severe acne is one of them, though I would like to stand corrected if that is the case. In addition, if you have been using lemon juice, it is good to lighten the dark sacra that you may have gotten from the acne, so overall that is not a bad thing to do

Though, Please let me know your findings as soon as you can. My email address is opeyemi.omezie@gmail.com.

Waiting to hear from you.

Regards,
Re: Is Honey Good For The Treatment Of Acne by hermosa(f): 9:02am On Sep 25, 2012
Hi! Uhm, i dont think Honey worked for me! IN fact i think it kinda made my skin worst! my pores got clogged a lot and ended up with cysts!! worst than the usual acne! But i did come across another product Neo-medrol, my brother gave it to me to use after it had cleared his razor bumps under his chin in just 3 days!! iTS AMAZING!! nEO MEDROL started workin on my face after just 3 days, but cos there were a lot of acne, im just now startin to see results!! After 2/3 weeks!! So, forget the natural stuff! I think neo-medrol is good. and not just for acne, but bumps also. good luck!!
p.s it cost like btw N1,100 to N1,300 in pharmasies.
Re: Is Honey Good For The Treatment Of Acne by laurend1985(f): 9:21pm On Sep 25, 2012
hermosa: Hi everyone! I'm 25years old this august and have had acne since my teenage years. Having acne has changed my life activities. I constantly have to use Mary Kay foundation toncover up my acne scars, it's a burden and really expensive constantly buying 2000 naira foundation every month, and the worst part depending on where I live, depending on the weather and temperature my skin becomes freakishly light or extremely dark, especially the face, so I constantly have to change which color of foundation to use and I buy 3 different types.
So my question is has anyone else tried honey to treat their acne and scars and what was the verdict??

Have you seen a skin doctor about your acne?. You need strong acne medicine like (Avita, Retin-A, adapalene (Differin) and tazarotene (Tazorac, Avage) All are examples of topical prescription products derived from vitamin A. When your acne is severe you need strong medicines to kill the bacteria in the skin.
Re: Is Honey Good For The Treatment Of Acne by hermosa(f): 2:19pm On Sep 26, 2012
@laurend1985, Beforer i discoveered Neo-medrol i'd tried Retin-a and Avita... it made my skin worse... but, dont worry ever since Neo medrol im good... my skin is gettin betrer by the day... well, i do hv one problem my black scars are there, but im confident in 2 months or so my face'll be completely clear of blemishes!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19 Update For June 21 2021 In Nigeria / Pains On Teeth After Eating Meat / Where To Buy Anabolic Steriod In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.