Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,243 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Woman Dies After Her Phone Exploded While She Was Sleeping (pictures) - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Woman Dies After Her Phone Exploded While She Was Sleeping (pictures) (77492 Views)

An X User Brand New Xiaomi Redmi 13c Exploded While Charging / See The Video Of How A Man’s Samsung Phone Exploded In Surulere, Lagos / Lady’s Skirt Burnt As Her Phone Explodes Today, At The Benin Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Dies After Her Phone Exploded While She Was Sleeping (pictures) by EmekaCharles10(m): 9:06pm On Sep 12, 2022
am telling you is the worst incident
Fira09:

God really epp you o.

That kind of incident can take someone Life instantly.
Re: Woman Dies After Her Phone Exploded While She Was Sleeping (pictures) by Emmanuel909090: 9:17pm On Sep 12, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Woman Dies After Her Phone Exploded While She Was Sleeping (pictures) by Shyboyk(m): 9:21pm On Sep 12, 2022
Fira09:
An Indian Twitter user has narrated how his aunty died after her phone exploded while she was sleeping.

@Mdtalk16 said his Aunty kept her phone near her face before sleeping and it killed her after it exploded.

He tweeted;

https://twitter.com/Mdtalk16/status/1568274660403605504?t=JT8gKqu_knpJyWK8u5vRyA&s=19

Similar thing killed one guy in my area he was using an iPhone and when the transformer was misbehaving the iPhone shocked him and he died that’s why I don’t like using phone when it’s connected to light

2 Likes

Re: Woman Dies After Her Phone Exploded While She Was Sleeping (pictures) by salem1996: 9:26pm On Sep 12, 2022
Ebubu:
buy iphone una no go gree
even if na 6

now see wetting android cause you
even samsung use to explode

I will only buy iphone on one condition, when Samsung has decided to end their phone production aside from that, Samsung till the end of time, in Samsung I trust kiss phone product way no get part 2
Re: Woman Dies After Her Phone Exploded While She Was Sleeping (pictures) by Krismas(m): 9:26pm On Sep 12, 2022
Chaos14:
You people think we're mad when we tell you to update your phone every 2 years
cool Wot do u mean update ur phone?

1 Like

Re: Woman Dies After Her Phone Exploded While She Was Sleeping (pictures) by Chaos14: 9:28pm On Sep 12, 2022
Krismas:
cool Wot do u mean update ur phone?
Change

1 Like

Re: Woman Dies After Her Phone Exploded While She Was Sleeping (pictures) by Nobody: 9:28pm On Sep 12, 2022
mediclife1987:

Sometimes fear dey catch me with this Tecno Spark 8P, cos the thing go just hot if I put am under pillow, sleep ontop.

The way the tin go hot ehn! E go remain make hin burst ni walahi...

U bought de fake one bro, am using desame phone wit u bro,
I haven't experienced anything Hotness in my phone since March till 2day
Re: Woman Dies After Her Phone Exploded While She Was Sleeping (pictures) by Nobody: 9:33pm On Sep 12, 2022
bullshit you keep you phone on your bed while sleeping common sense is the phone wont be well ventilated and will start heating up same with laptops....you don't keep them on bed while you sleep that's why you need a bed side desk or table

1 Like

Re: Woman Dies After Her Phone Exploded While She Was Sleeping (pictures) by stasius: 9:49pm On Sep 12, 2022
ahnie:
I had a first time experience when my phone charger xploded on my face.

Na God epp me.

Which phone abeg?
Re: Woman Dies After Her Phone Exploded While She Was Sleeping (pictures) by Gentlesoul2021(m): 9:49pm On Sep 12, 2022
On two occasions, my small phone has heated up, I was lucky enough on those occasions to detect the heating and unplugged from charging. May we not experience phone explosion oo

1 Like

Re: Woman Dies After Her Phone Exploded While She Was Sleeping (pictures) by Admols(m): 9:50pm On Sep 12, 2022
SensualMan:
Patiently waiting for when Tinubu's electric fingers will spark his electromagnetic phone too and then BAM!
#NEWSHEADLINES

Very soon, your wish for him will be your portion by the grace of the almighty God, unless the man has ever offended you, aameen.
Re: Woman Dies After Her Phone Exploded While She Was Sleeping (pictures) by TimmyTen(m): 10:14pm On Sep 12, 2022
Na so the phone full Jumia
Re: Woman Dies After Her Phone Exploded While She Was Sleeping (pictures) by wirinet(m): 10:14pm On Sep 12, 2022
Shyboyk:

Similar thing killed one guy in my area he was using an iPhone and when the transformer was misbehaving the iPhone shocked him and he died that’s why I don’t like using phone when it’s connected to light

It's not the phone but the charger. The charger probably was a cheap Chinese one without an isolation transformer. If it had a transformer, there was no way full 220v would enter the phone.
Re: Woman Dies After Her Phone Exploded While She Was Sleeping (pictures) by wirinet(m): 10:25pm On Sep 12, 2022
Gentlesoul2021:
On two occasions, my small phone has heated up, I was lucky enough on those occasions to detect the heating and unplugged from charging. May we not experience phone explosion oo

It's very unlikely that phones will explode, burst into flames yes, but actual explosion, no. This is because the Lithium battery used for phone is the Lifepo4, 3.2v pouch cell type that does not explode. The one that can actually explode is the lithium ion, 3.7v type used in laptops that are encased in cylindrical metal casings.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Dies After Her Phone Exploded While She Was Sleeping (pictures) by Edc1: 11:24pm On Sep 12, 2022
Hmm
Re: Woman Dies After Her Phone Exploded While She Was Sleeping (pictures) by Truthday: 12:39am On Sep 13, 2022
Charging and over charging phone without use.
Re: Woman Dies After Her Phone Exploded While She Was Sleeping (pictures) by Papichulostunne(m): 2:32am On Sep 13, 2022
Arkmanbuddy:
This has created a dent in the company's image.
No dent at all.. If its a factory fault all thwy need do is recall the products.. I remeber samsung galaxy note 7 did this too. It wasnt the fault of samsung but the contractors who made the batteries.

1 Like

Re: Woman Dies After Her Phone Exploded While She Was Sleeping (pictures) by Horus(m): 2:48am On Sep 13, 2022
Place the phone to charge in another room such as the kitchen.
Allow yourself to go to bed without your phone.
If there is an emergency, you will learn about it in the morning.
Re: Woman Dies After Her Phone Exploded While She Was Sleeping (pictures) by delishpot: 2:56am On Sep 13, 2022
Looking at that phone I am wondering what part of the phone entered her skull to cause such massive impact. On the other hand I have seen videos of phones exploding like grenades so I know its possible for this type of injuries to damage flesh and bones.
Imagine after investigation they found out it was a staged murder?
Re: Woman Dies After Her Phone Exploded While She Was Sleeping (pictures) by delishpot: 3:05am On Sep 13, 2022
wirinet:

Oshe. Sherlock Holmes. You suppose to dey work for FBI instead of wasting your talent on nairaland.

It's true, it's wonder an explosion of such a small device could cause instant death in your sleep.

Also how explosion near the head come cause blood stains in feet areas of the bed.

Finally, the battery showed a burn out and not an explosion that projects shrapnel that can kill instantly.

She was moved. You can see droplets of blood on the floor too. They lifted her up from obe side and replaced her to the other side.
Re: Woman Dies After Her Phone Exploded While She Was Sleeping (pictures) by Nobody: 3:53am On Sep 13, 2022
Bad market for Redmi.
Re: Woman Dies After Her Phone Exploded While She Was Sleeping (pictures) by Ademoore07(m): 5:14am On Sep 13, 2022
This is the first reported case for Redmi. Although, that model was released over 5 years ago, hence, it is old. Iphones and samsung has been reported to explode too but owner wasn't confirmed dead.
Re: Woman Dies After Her Phone Exploded While She Was Sleeping (pictures) by Jamesbiodun(m): 5:38am On Sep 13, 2022
My boss Tecno normal phone not android explode in his pocket... God saved him that he quickly remove it... I was really surprised coz the phone is not android
Re: Woman Dies After Her Phone Exploded While She Was Sleeping (pictures) by Druss(m): 6:07am On Sep 13, 2022
I await expert confirmation. The incident scene doesn't look like a phone explosion.
Re: Woman Dies After Her Phone Exploded While She Was Sleeping (pictures) by everythinggirly(f): 6:26am On Sep 13, 2022
Hmmm, this one shock me.
Re: Woman Dies After Her Phone Exploded While She Was Sleeping (pictures) by Nobody: 6:32am On Sep 13, 2022
My own ehn, rain was falling. I was pressing and charging my phone. Na so thunder blast gbwagagagagaga, fling me leave phone. Na God save me o
Re: Woman Dies After Her Phone Exploded While She Was Sleeping (pictures) by Wasky101: 6:36am On Sep 13, 2022
SensualMan:
Patiently waiting for when Tinubu's electric fingers will spark his electromagnetic phone too and then BAM!
#NEWSHEADLINES
After reality has set in that the man cant and wont be beaten at the general elections next year, you now wish death upon him.
Why will people be so full of hate, like who raised y'all?
Your parents have failed in life if this is what they have given to the society. I hope you dont go on to raise a child filled with hate but the chances are very slim.
Rinse and repeat
Re: Woman Dies After Her Phone Exploded While She Was Sleeping (pictures) by Dshocker(m): 6:46am On Sep 13, 2022
ahnie:
I had a first time experience when my phone charger xploded on my face.

Na God epp me.

So why didn't you die?
Re: Woman Dies After Her Phone Exploded While She Was Sleeping (pictures) by Lightorder: 7:10am On Sep 13, 2022
SmithRussell:
Lithium batteries don’t overcharge, I don’t know where you got that joke from. And yes, there’s a circuit that controls charging in every consumer device.
Oga , i dont go creating fake news. I would have asked , “ when did you start having access to the internet or news online ?”

You could use google or ask big phone dealers when certain Samsung phone model was recalled by Samsung

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Transfer Money With ATM Or Without ATM / IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! / 2GO Users: Drop Your 2go Problems Here And Get It Solved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.