Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,329 members, 7,811,967 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:58 AM

Is Apple Really Not Innovative, Anymore? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is Apple Really Not Innovative, Anymore? (1685 Views)

Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? / If You Don't Have These Android Apps, It's Really Not Cool / Google Finally Acquires HTC, But It's Really Not What You Think. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Apple Really Not Innovative, Anymore? by Ebube98(m): 11:10pm On Sep 12, 2022
I've been hearing a lot of people talk plenty stuff about how Apple is re-casing and shipping out the same phones every year with little innovation.

Smiles...

You see, Apple is a company that was created to build products that will meet the standards of a specific category of people ALL THE TIME.

Apple is one company that has never created any innovative stuff except there was a dire need for it in the market. Apple doesn't build stuff to "catch your fancy", Apple builds stuff that are extremely useful.

Apple was the first company to ship out fingerprint sensors on phones, on a commercial scale with the iPhone 5s. The didn't introduce the tech because they were in some rat race for innovation or something.

The introduced it as way of securing phones easily without putting the stress of remembering complex passwords. An old woman with partial amnesia, facing an episode, with her hands shaking could use her fingerprint to unlock her iPhone and call 911 without having to remember which one of her children's birthdays she set as the password.

Apple "reluctantly" moved to a 3-camera set up because it practically became impossible to meet up with standards of modern smartphone photography with just 2 cameras.

Apple is one company that has been know to innovate with fully functioning features (no need for adjustments etc). Apple has never had to recall devices they've already shipped for issues like batteries exploding in peoples hands, or malfunctioning micro sim ports.

When they build, they try to make sure its perfect. Two years after Apple shipped a fingerprint sensor directly mounted on a button, Samsung and other manufacturers were still struggling to perfect that technology.

In fact, to avoid stress, they just put it at the back.

Apple did it once and it caught on.

So the question is... what's your definition of innovation? Do you want a transparent phone? Or do you want a phone that can project a colored display on walls with a tiny projector mounted at the back?

See, all these phones existed. Chinese, Korean companies have built samples and MVP s around these tech, but they are still young and unproven.

You can't expect Apple to jump in and grab the tech and release a transparent phone or something like it in one year. If it happens, it will be disastrous.

Even the the fold-able phones Samsung has, they started working on it since 2016 and it wasn't till last year they just managed to perfect it . Before now, plenty people had been reporting issues with the hinges and how cost of repair for the screen particularly, is something else.

But I see no reasons why I would buy and carry something twice thicker than Nokia N72 in 2022 in the name of double screens. Are we going forwards or backwards?

Till now, I'm yet to see any real use for the "edge screens" Samsung put in their phone.

Besides, a lot of smartphone designs you have now on most Android phones were actually copied from iPhone. The bazelless design that makes it look like your phone is all screen and no frame, was first implemented commercially by iPhone.

Apple is one company that will never tell you if they are working on a fold-able or transparent phone.

They just build, test, once its completely ready, they drop it like hot akara (an indigenous African snack made from beans flour) , sending the market into frenzy. But in the meantime, the much they can do is keep the business going by upgrading what is already available and making money to pay their team working on new stuff.

Or do y'all have better ideas?

Before Steve Jobs left, he warned that people will get tired of Apple overtime, if they wait for "a new feature" for too long. However, I don't want to believe that the company's shareholders have forgotten his warnings.

I believe while their CEO, Tim Cook is bringing in the cash, their engineers are cooking something he could use to bring in more cash.

Finally, we all want innovation, but we are not ready for every kind of innovation.

I remember Samsung once build a phone that had a projector, the phone was ahead of its time... but the world wasn't ready. It failed.
Samsung projector phone Ebube Emeka

Google came up with the brilliant idea of smart glasses which was like having your smartphone converted into glasses. Very sharp, but it failed and fizzled out.

Samsung once had "women bras" equipped with solar charging facility for women sunning themselves on the beach. pffs... It fizzled out.

At their level, and with they structure and trust they have, Apple can't afford to ship a flagship product that the world isn't ready for.

6 Likes

Re: Is Apple Really Not Innovative, Anymore? by Friedyokes: 11:15pm On Sep 12, 2022
Bezelless screen was first implemented by apple commercially?, On what device ?
Re: Is Apple Really Not Innovative, Anymore? by meobizy(f): 11:23pm On Sep 12, 2022
Nice article.
Re: Is Apple Really Not Innovative, Anymore? by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:32pm On Sep 12, 2022
it is well known that majority of these phone companies have technology that they can bring out for decades, but it makes more commercial sense to bring it out one at a time than all at once....thus why they bring new phones with very little differences each and every year, and making older Iphone useless. as for the Iphone 14, it is a copy of the 13 with very little innovation (they didnt even take the time to change the outlook of the phone). sadly Apple doesnt care as they fully well know millons will still buy the 14, as it has become a status symbol to have the latest Iphone.

BTW Samsung S22 is a much better phone than any other phone on the market out there (IMHO).

7 Likes

Re: Is Apple Really Not Innovative, Anymore? by Nobody: 1:05am On Sep 13, 2022
Phones have reached the peak of their development. So just as all fridges, laptops, and televisions look alike, phones from the past 5 years or so, all look alike and will continue to be into the future, especially after manufacturers find a way to put the front camera under the screen, which is the last leg of smartphone innovation.

Till then, they'll continue making a few cosmetic changes (aka gimmicks), which are rarely useful on their own.

The only real changes we're seeing are in foldable phones but that's not an innovation in the sense that mainstream phones won't become foldable and really don't need to be. Those ones are a niche market for weirdoes like me that like big screens.

That's why top manufacturers like Apple and Xiaomi focus more on the software and services than the hardware these days because that's where the money is.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Apple Really Not Innovative, Anymore? by Parachoko: 9:52am On Sep 13, 2022
Ebube98:

Even the the fold-able phones Samsung has, they started working on it since 2016 and it wasn't till last year they just managed to perfect it . Before now, plenty people had been reporting issues with the hinges and how cost of repair for the screen particularly, is something else.

But I see no reasons why I would buy and carry something twice thicker than Nokia N72 in 2022 in the name of double screens. Are we going forwards or backwards?

Well, you're speaking for yourself alone
Re: Is Apple Really Not Innovative, Anymore? by Rareoil(m): 10:06am On Sep 13, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
it is well known that majority of these phone companies have technology that they can bring out for decades, but it makes more commercial sense to bring it out one at a time than all at once....thus why they bring new phones with very little differences each and every year, and making older Iphone useless. as for the Iphone 14, it is a copy of the 13 with very little innovation (they didnt even take the time to change the outlook of the phone). sadly Apple doesnt care as they fully well know millons will still buy the 14, as it has become a status symbol to have the latest Iphone.

BTW Samsung S22 is a much better phone than any other phone on the market out there (IMHO).

The s22 you said is better has a 50MP camera that doesn't match what iphones can produce with their 12MP camera, how is that not innovation.

S22 that runs on exynos 2200 or snapdragon 8 gen 1 doesn't even come close to apple a15 chipset

1 Like

Re: Is Apple Really Not Innovative, Anymore? by Blakjewelry(m): 12:32pm On Sep 13, 2022
Ebube98:

I've been hearing a lot of people talk plenty stuff about how Apple is re-casing and shipping out the same phones every year with little innovation.

Smiles...

You see, Apple is a company that was created to build products that will meet the standards of a specific category of people ALL THE TIME.

Apple is one company that has never created any innovative stuff except there was a dire need for it in the market. Apple doesn't build stuff to "catch your fancy", Apple builds stuff that are extremely useful.

Apple was the first company to ship out fingerprint sensors on phones, on a commercial scale with the iPhone 5s. The didn't introduce the tech because they were in some rat race for innovation or something.

The introduced it as way of securing phones easily without putting the stress of remembering complex passwords. An old woman with partial amnesia, facing an episode, with her hands shaking could use her fingerprint to unlock her iPhone and call 911 without having to remember which one of her children's birthdays she set as the password.

Apple "reluctantly" moved to a 3-camera set up because it practically became impossible to meet up with standards of modern smartphone photography with just 2 cameras.

Apple is one company that has been know to innovate with fully functioning features (no need for adjustments etc). Apple has never had to recall devices they've already shipped for issues like batteries exploding in peoples hands, or malfunctioning micro sim ports.

When they build, they try to make sure its perfect. Two years after Apple shipped a fingerprint sensor directly mounted on a button, Samsung and other manufacturers were still struggling to perfect that technology.

So the question is... what's your definition of innovation? Do you want a transparent phone? Or do you want a phone that can project a colored display on walls with a tiny projector mounted at the back?

See, all these phones existed. Chinese, Korean companies have built samples and MVP s around these tech, but they are still young and unproven.

You can't expect Apple to jump in and grab the tech and release a transparent phone or something like it in one year. If it happens, it will be disastrous.

Till now, I'm yet to see any real use for the "edge screens" Samsung put in their phone.

Besides, a lot of smartphone designs you have now on most Android phones were actually copied from iPhone. The bazelless design that makes it look like your phone is all screen and no frame, was first implemented commercially by iPhone.

Apple is one company that will never tell you if they are working on a fold-able or transparent phone.

They just build, test, once its completely ready, they drop it like hot akara (an indigenous African snack made from beans flour) , sending the market into frenzy. But in the meantime, the much they can do is keep the business going by upgrading what is already available and making money to pay their team working on new stuff.

Before Steve Jobs left, he warned that people will get tired of Apple overtime, if they wait for "a new feature" for too long. However, I don't want to believe that the company's shareholders have forgotten his warnings.

I believe while their CEO, Tim Cook is bringing in the cash, their engineers are cooking something he could use to bring in more cash.

Finally, we all want innovation, but we are not ready for every kind of innovation.

I remember Samsung once build a phone that had a projector, the phone was ahead of its time... but the world wasn't ready. It failed.

Google came up with the brilliant idea of smart glasses which was like having your smartphone converted into glasses. Very sharp, but it failed and fizzled out.

Samsung once had "women bras" equipped with solar charging facility for women sunning themselves on the beach. pffs... It fizzled out.

At their level, and with they structure and trust they have, Apple can't afford to ship a flagship product that the world isn't ready for.
Crap writeup. Apple died with Steve Jobs.

2 Likes

Re: Is Apple Really Not Innovative, Anymore? by lyriclekidd(m): 12:43pm On Sep 13, 2022
Nonsense talks about screen, same screen wey Samsung help Apple produce on their iPhone for years

3 Likes

Re: Is Apple Really Not Innovative, Anymore? by Blakjewelry(m): 12:44pm On Sep 13, 2022
Rareoil:

The s22 you said is better has a 50MP camera that doesn't match what iphones can produce with their 12MP camera, how is that not innovation.

S22 that runs on exynos 2200 or snapdragon 8 gen 1 doesn't even come close to apple a15 chipset
Except when it comes to specific task lask like telephoto most phones with 3 to 5 camera is rubbish my old pixel 3 with a single 12megapixel back camera marches if not surpass iPhone 11 regular photoshoots. The iPhone chip is a beast but how many of you put the chip to it test, most people are using their phone for regular day to day use which does demand more from the chip. Those who need powerful chips go gaming phones which comes with super chip so much that some actually comes with a cooling system and not just some fancy phone with over price sales, the era innovative phone production is gone.

1 Like

Re: Is Apple Really Not Innovative, Anymore? by Meister(m): 1:06pm On Sep 13, 2022
Friedyokes:
Bezelless screen was first implemented by apple commercially?, On what device ?

Ebube98 that copied and pasted this write-up should please answer this cause I'm also confused
Re: Is Apple Really Not Innovative, Anymore? by masterfactor(m): 1:40pm On Sep 13, 2022
Ebube98:

Smiles...

At bolded op grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. Apple is innovative yet they will wait for other company to invent sophisticated tech on smartphone and copy it and give it a marketing name. Apple is just like a back bencher in class who waits for the front seaters to do all the hard work, copy from them, go out and make noise of how they score 10/10 in class.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Apple Really Not Innovative, Anymore? by chariisGRACE(m): 1:51pm On Sep 13, 2022
Apple, knowing that their gullible fans will scramble to own the 'newest' iPhone, now do nothing in their drawing board save for a new chip.

Apple's AOD which doesn't really serve the true purpose of a
AOD (more like a screen saver), and their banana island have already existed on Android.

Bottom line: Apple is clueless.

1 Like

Re: Is Apple Really Not Innovative, Anymore? by Allison012: 2:31pm On Sep 13, 2022
Jan

Feb

March

Smartphone phone brands releases new phones while apple wait till september just to copy every innovation on other smartphone and put in theirs. Then they give it a sweet name and call it their innovation.

Dynamic island ko banana island ni.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Apple Really Not Innovative, Anymore? by emmyloved(m): 3:36pm On Sep 13, 2022
Baba I love iphones but it's important that you make deep researches before you finalize on things as this. You spoke about how iphone malfunction such as battery explosion and the rest haven't been heard but I can tell you iphones do explode and many issues like that have been recorded just make your research. And finally, as for production of double screen phone that would be big and heavy to use, make your research on Xiaomi mix fold 2 and get back to me.
Ebube98:

Smiles...

Re: Is Apple Really Not Innovative, Anymore? by emmyloved(m): 3:43pm On Sep 13, 2022
Rareoil:

you just open mouth dey talk anyhow. How did you come about your conclusion
Re: Is Apple Really Not Innovative, Anymore? by Badb0y4lyf(m): 6:10pm On Sep 13, 2022
Samsung has proven it self times and times again there is a difference between just operating Samsung S20 and S22 you just notice it but there is non between iPhone 11 to 14. They don't only lack innovation they are retrogressing I loved the lighter iPhone 7 and 8 this 3 camera model are too heavy and bulky.

1 Like

Re: Is Apple Really Not Innovative, Anymore? by johnson0: 6:18pm On Sep 13, 2022
emmyloved:

Rareoil is right because Apple puts more effort into the real world results so their video/photo quality is significantly better

MegaPixel has meant nothing since 1999, it is simply used as advertising by inferior companies to try and fool their gullible consumers. The reality is that the more megapixels, the smaller each pixel is so it catches less light, less light is less accurate and noisier.

Most users aren’t viewing the high-resolution images that we share from our phones on Ultra HD displays, and even if they were, that’s only an ~8.3MP canvas.

Having a higher megapixel count count doesn’t tell the whole story, since various factors such as the software, image signal processor (ISP) and the image processing algorithm play a huge role in the quality of the final image.

And this is why the 12MP camera on an iPhone produces a better image than the 108MP on Xiaomi phones.
Re: Is Apple Really Not Innovative, Anymore? by emmyloved(m): 6:22pm On Sep 13, 2022
I'm asking based on comparison between a15 bionic chip and sd gen 1 chip
johnson0:

Rareoil is right because Apple puts more effort into the real world results so their video/photo quality is significantly better

MegaPixel has meant nothing since 1999, it is simply used as advertising by inferior companies to try and fool their gullible consumers. The reality is that the more megapixels, the smaller each pixel is so it catches less light, less light is less accurate and noisier.

Most users aren’t viewing the high-resolution images that we share from our phones on Ultra HD displays, and even if they were, that’s only an ~8.3MP canvas.

Having a higher megapixel count count doesn’t tell the whole story, since various factors such as the software, image signal processor (ISP) and the image processing algorithm play a huge role in the quality of the final image.

And this is why the 12MP camera on an iPhone produces a better image than the 108MP on Xiaomi phones.

Re: Is Apple Really Not Innovative, Anymore? by johnson0: 6:42pm On Sep 13, 2022
emmyloved:
I'm asking based on comparison between a15 bionic chip and sd gen 1 chip

Ok.

Re: Is Apple Really Not Innovative, Anymore? by emmyloved(m): 7:49pm On Sep 13, 2022
johnson0:

Ok.
which website is this?
Re: Is Apple Really Not Innovative, Anymore? by Unbiased1: 8:38pm On Sep 13, 2022
Ebube98:

Smiles...

I'll try to address some things here.

For the TouchID, you are right on that one.
Apple is a kind a company that tries to improve on existing innovation. Apple was not the first to start most of the things you have written here, they mostly watch other companies innovate, then they identify the flaws in the innovation and how the public views the innovation then tries to improve on the already existing innovation. Just like China that has consistently been designing tech products that were first introduced in the US.

The part of your post that annoyed me was the part where you mentioned the innovations from other companies that failed as if Apple is a perfectionist.
Apple's portable Macintosh failed in 1989, Apple launched a gaming console called Pinpin just like Microsoft's Xbox but that also failed, they also launched the Apple eMate which was supposed to be a hybrid computer but that also failed.
Apple also launched its first mouse called the round mouse which also failed as it considered to be an ugly product. What of the Apple's FireWare that was supposed to compete with USB? It also failed.
Re: Is Apple Really Not Innovative, Anymore? by Unbiased1: 8:45pm On Sep 13, 2022
Rareoil:

This information is wrong. Apple only shoots better video than the Samsung S22 and nothing more. The S22 has better portraits, night shots, zoom shots etc.

Apple's A15 chipset sure performs better than Snapdragon's chipsets but the difference is not noticeable in everyday use except you use your phone for 4k video and photo editing that is were you will notice the slightly higher performance of the A15.
Re: Is Apple Really Not Innovative, Anymore? by Unbiased1: 8:50pm On Sep 13, 2022
johnson0:

Ok.

Most of these reviewers normally avoid Antutu Benchmarks and carry out just Geekbench. Snapdragon processors always win Antutu Benchmarks while A Bionic processors win Geekbench. Even the checks from nanoreview showed that the Snapdragon 8 gen 1 had better GPU than the A15 bionic.
Re: Is Apple Really Not Innovative, Anymore? by Unbiased1: 9:04pm On Sep 13, 2022
johnson0:

You are partially correct. The software handling the image processing is the core factor in today's smartphone photography. Have you asked yourself why Samsung, Huawei and latest Vivo phones tend to perform well in low light conditions? It is due to the Pixel Binding technology used in the software.
When a Samsung or Huawei or Pixel device comes with 50mp or higher, the software pixel bids the pixels to just 12mp or 16mp thereby increasing the the amount of Microns (Light) the camera can take in.
The iPhones with 12MP normally have a rating a 1.4 microns while the 108mp of Samsung or Xiaomi may have just 0.8 microns but when you want to take a picture, the iPhone takes it at the same 1.4 microns while the Samsung and Xiaomi pixel bind the 108mp to 12mp thereby increasing the microns from 0.8 to between 2.4 and 3.6 microns.

Hope you now understand why flagship Android companies come with high megapixels. Even the latest iPhone Pro Max comes with 48mp.
Re: Is Apple Really Not Innovative, Anymore? by johnson0: 9:18pm On Sep 13, 2022
Unbiased1:

Most of these reviewers normally avoid Antutu Benchmarks and carry out just Geekbench. Snapdragon processors always win Antutu Benchmarks while A Bionic processors win Geekbench. Even the checks from nanoreview showed that the Snapdragon 8 gen 1 had better GPU than the A15 bionic.

Antutu is not a reliable benchmark.

The test results of Antutu benchmark only support the comparison within the same system based on the same major version and not support cross-version or cross-platform comparison.

So you can only rely on Antutu if the system is the same like S22 vs S21(both android). It fails spectacularly when you try to compare iOS to Android.

I also remember they were kicked out of Google play store because of policy violations.

Unbiased1:

You are partially correct. The software handling the image processing is the core factor in today's smartphone photography. Have you asked yourself why Samsung, Huawei and latest Vivo phones tend to perform well in low light conditions? It is due to the Pixel Binding technology used in the software.
When a Samsung or Huawei or Pixel device comes with 50mp or higher, the software pixel bids the pixels to just 12mp or 16mp thereby increasing the the amount of Microns (Light) the camera can take in.
The iPhones with 12MP normally have a rating a 1.4 microns while the 108mp of Samsung or Xiaomi may have just 0.8 microns but when you want to take a picture, the iPhone takes it at the same 1.4 microns while the Samsung and Xiaomi pixel bind the 108mp to 12mp thereby increasing the microns from 0.8 to between 2.4 and 3.6 microns.

Hope you now understand why flagship Android companies come with high megapixels. Even the latest iPhone Pro Max comes with 48mp.

What you have described here isn’t even noticeable to the naked eye since nearly everyone still uses their smartphones to view the pictures.

Unless you are a professional photographer who takes pics and blow it on large canvas like a billboard, the pixels involved in 108MP don’t make any difference. UltraHD/4K is still 8.3 MP and your phone won’t render more than than that for now.
Re: Is Apple Really Not Innovative, Anymore? by Unbiased1: 11:55pm On Sep 13, 2022
johnson0:

Antutu is not a reliable benchmark.

The test results of Antutu benchmark only support the comparison within the same system based on the same major version and not support cross-version or cross-platform comparison.

So you can only rely on Antutu if the system is the same like S22 vs S21(both android). It fails spectacularly when you try to compare iOS to Android.

I also remember they were kicked out of Google play store because of policy violations.

What you have described here isn’t even noticeable to the naked eye since nearly everyone still uses their smartphones to view the pictures.

Unless you are a professional photographer who takes pics and blow it on large canvas like a billboard, the pixels involved in 108MP don’t make any difference. UltraHD/4K is still 8.3 MP and your phone won’t render more than than that for now.

The picture difference can be noticeable in low light conditions. You can place a Huawei mate, Pixel 6 Pro, Samsung S22 Ultra and an iPhone 13 Pro Max to take pictures in low lights, you will notice the difference. In daytime, pictures from all the phones listed above are acceptable except you want to dive dipper into checking for colour accuracy, exposure handling etc.
Re: Is Apple Really Not Innovative, Anymore? by Rareoil(m): 3:07am On Sep 14, 2022
Unbiased1:

This information is wrong. Apple only shoots better video than the Samsung S22 and nothing more. The S22 has better portraits, night shots, zoom shots etc.

Apple's A15 chipset sure performs better than Snapdragon's chipsets but the difference is not noticeable in everyday use except you use your phone for 4k video and photo editing that is were you will notice the slightly higher performance of the A15.

Yes also iphone cameras are well optimized for social media
Re: Is Apple Really Not Innovative, Anymore? by Rareoil(m): 3:08am On Sep 14, 2022
emmyloved:

Lol you no get internet abi you know they watch phone reviews
Re: Is Apple Really Not Innovative, Anymore? by silento(m): 4:41am On Sep 14, 2022
Make una kill una selves over apple and Samsung my biggest problem with mobile phone is battery good processor and broken screen

And my black view Bv6600
Fits well into my needs
Nfc
16mp main camera
8500mah battery
95% unbreakable casing and screen
Waterproof
4gb ram
64mb
Wifi 2.4 &5ghz
Water and shockproof
Close to stock android 10
And a good network reception

Infact since I got the phone I haven't touched my mifi
I have other phones but this one am always with it coz it really got everything I want in a mobile phone

MTk device though but since I don't plan playing game with it but when it comes to video editing all apps I have used runs smooth with no lagging

Whether iphone samsung always buy something you knew the value

Don't just buy to impress anybody buy what keeps you connected
Re: Is Apple Really Not Innovative, Anymore? by Morphinne: 3:07am On Sep 15, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
it is well known that majority of these phone companies have technology that they can bring out for decades, but it makes more commercial sense to bring it out one at a time than all at once....thus why they bring new phones with very little differences each and every year, and making older Iphone useless as for the Iphone 14, it is a copy of the 13 with very little innovation (they didnt even take the time to change the outlook of the phone). sadly Apple doesnt care as they fully well know millons will still buy the 14, as it has become a status symbol to have the latest Iphone.

Well I agree with you but you’re wrong @bolded. In contrast to your argument, apple is the only mobile phone company that doesn’t compel you to replace your immediate old smartphones with the most recent ones and to buttress this point, I’ll like to take you back to the September 2019 apple launch event. During that year’s launching of iPhone 11 series, Cook could be heard saying that the iPhone 11 promax was just a little upgrade to the previous years flagship (Xsmax) and that as such, the 11 series were made not for the Xs series users but for the older iPhones users (particularly the home button series) to upgrade. Now which other phone company behaves this way? They make a phone for you today and in the next 4 month, they already made another set of phones with so much upgrades that automatically renders yours useless (Hallmark of androids grin). This is the reason why you will see that people using 11promax series upward don’t normally feel the need to upgrade because they are basically the same phones with a little structural differences but with the same software (11-13). You will notice that people using either of 12 and 13 promax will find no much reasons to upgrade to the new 14 series functionality-wise but could decide to do so following-latest trend-wise (pardon my English grin)
If you still believe that the recent release of the iPhone 14 series has rendered the other series useless, enter a retail store and ask how much an 11 promax is still being sold, you will hardly get the 256gb version for less than 300k.
What I’m saying is that if I’m using, let’s say a 12promax and you’re on 13 promax, we are basically using the same phones since there’s basically no much physical and software differences compared to another set of two people using S22 ultra and s21 ultra. The most obvious difference btw these two phones is the S-pen since the S22 is basically a galaxy note phone and the first Samsung S series phone sporting the much loved S pen.
Re: Is Apple Really Not Innovative, Anymore? by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:43am On Sep 15, 2022
Morphinne:

Well I agree with you but you’re wrong @bolded. In contrast to your argument, apple is the only mobile phone company that doesn’t compel you to replace your immediate old smartphones with the most recent ones and to buttress this point, I’ll like to take you back to the September 2019 apple launch event. During that year’s launching of iPhone 11 series, Cook could be heard saying that the iPhone 11 promax was just a little upgrade to the previous years flagship (Xsmax) and that as such, the 11 series were made not for the Xs series users but for the older iPhones users (particularly the home button series) to upgrade. Now which other phone company behaves this way? They make a phone for you today and in the next 4 month, they already made another set of phones with so much upgrades that automatically renders yours useless (Hallmark of androids grin). This is the reason why you will see that people using 11promax series upward don’t normally feel the need to upgrade because they are basically the same phones with a little structural differences but with the same software (11-13). You will notice that people using either of 12 and 13 promax will find no much reasons to upgrade to the new 14 series functionality-wise but could decide to do so following-latest trend-wise (pardon my English grin)
If you still believe that the recent release of the iPhone 14 series has rendered the other series useless, enter a retail store and ask how much an 11 promax is still being sold, you will hardly get the 256gb version for less than 300k.
What I’m saying is that if I’m using, let’s say a 12promax and you’re on 13 promax, we are basically using the same phones since there’s basically no much physical and software differences compared to another set of two people using S22 ultra and s21 ultra. The most obvious difference btw these two phones is the S-pen since the S22 is basically a galaxy note phone and the first Samsung S series phone sporting the much loved S pen.

buy an Iphone 5/6, 6plus (and/or even iphone 7 i believe) and see if you can update the phone to the latest IOS software in order to download any latest app...and see how this works for you.
most probably, any app you download on the phones i mentionned will ask you to update your phone to the latest IOS in order to function with these apps (which you cant).

(1) (2) (Reply)

Books For Sale / Zain Rewardz / Nokia 5230 Map Not Working

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.