Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,878 members, 7,828,126 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Is Apple Really Not Innovative, Anymore? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is Apple Really Not Innovative, Anymore? (1698 Views)

Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? / If You Don't Have These Android Apps, It's Really Not Cool / Google Finally Acquires HTC, But It's Really Not What You Think. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Is Apple Really Not Innovative, Anymore? by Morphinne: 10:26am On Sep 15, 2022
MrBrownJay1:

buy an Iphone 5/6, 6plus (and/or even iphone 7 i believe) and see if you can update the phone to the latest IOS software in order to download any latest app...and see how this works for you.
most probably, any app you download on the phones i mentionned will ask you to update your phone to the latest IOS in order to function with these apps (which you cant).
“This is the reason why you will see that people using 11promax series upward don’t normally feel the need to upgrade because they are basically the same phones with a little structural differences but with the same software (11-13) You will notice that people using either of 12 and 13 promax will find no much reasons to upgrade to the new 14 series functionality-wise but could decide to do so following-latest trend-wise (pardon my English grin)”
That writeup was a little too lengthy so I assume you didn’t read it. Read the part I just cropped out where I specifically said 11 promax upward so you can have a better understanding because I don’t understand what you’re trying to establish by bringing in 5/6 and 6 plus into the discuss sir.
Re: Is Apple Really Not Innovative, Anymore? by Morphinne: 10:58am On Sep 15, 2022
Unbiased1:

I'll try to address some things here.

For the TouchID, you are right on that one.
Apple is a kind a company that tries to improve on existing innovation. Apple was not the first to start most of the things you have written here, they mostly watch other companies innovate, then they identify the flaws in the innovation and how the public views the innovation then tries to improve on the already existing innovation. Just like China that has consistently been designing tech products that were first introduced in the US.

The part of your post that annoyed me was the part where you mentioned the innovations from other companies that failed as if Apple is a perfectionist.
Apple's portable Macintosh failed in 1989, Apple launched a gaming console called Pinpin just like Microsoft's Xbox but that also failed, they also launched the Apple eMate which was supposed to be a hybrid computer but that also failed.
Apple also launched its first mouse called the round mouse which also failed as it considered to be an ugly product. What of the Apple's FireWare that was supposed to compete with USB? It also failed.
You’re right bro but he was right as well. One terrible mistake (or maybe it’s intentional) samsung do make is selling to people gadgets I will consider to be experimental. It’s wrong to sell to people what is not feasible e.g the first gen flip phones and the little atomic bombs of 2017 (note7 series which had to be recalled) I can still remember people complaining about screen burn-in issues, crease and highly fragile screens of the flip phones. But I think samsung has corrected some of these defects in their new z flip 4 series but why on earth should a 2 thousand dollars phone pack just 3000 mah battery? People are now complaining about the abysmal battery life (5 hours backup I think) So I will never call that an innovation but rather an ordinary cosmetic upgrade that doesn’t affect our daily lives in any way when compared to innovations like the touch screen smartphones, fingerprint sensors, the apple smartwatches (which other OEMs are now emulating), the faceID, Under display fingerprint readers, and so on. Samsung should stop churning out experimental products to the public until it’s fully tested and unless they will be releasing them for free trial grin. Imagine buying the z flip 4 for $2k (app 1.4million naira) only to realize that you can only use your phone for less than 5 hours and that the camera is just average when compared to s22’s, pixel’s or the iPhone 13 promax’s camera. Some of the things I will personally term to be innovative in smartphones will be: 1. giving us smartphones that will be truly scratch resistant and resistant to falls 2. Phones with under-display cameras and 3. Phones should start sporting strong anti-theft features that would make it impossible a to use a phone or its parts without the original owner’s approval. 2k for a foldable phone with so much flaws is nothing but a waste of resources but it’s fine if you can afford it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bb Tour 30k,curv2 28k,torch Bold3 / Nigeria's Latest File Sharing Site / Is There Any Device Like Mifi Router + Power Bank On One Device

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.