Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,281 members, 7,818,949 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

Cheaper Palm Oil For Nigerian Market - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Cheaper Palm Oil For Nigerian Market (1760 Views)

Virtual Assistance Can Create Job Opportunity For Nigerian Youths / Sort Codes For Nigerian Banks / International ATM Card For Nigerian Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cheaper Palm Oil For Nigerian Market by dashkk(m): 5:50am On Aug 18, 2007
Although NIFOR has recorded significant achievements in oil palm research which would have sustained this country's pre~eminent position as the world's leading palm oil producer it is now well known that Nigeria lost its leading position because development in the oil palm industry did not keep pace with research and domestic demand. Up to the early 1960s, Nigeria was the foremost world producer and exporter of palm oil, her annual export averaging 162,000 tonnes (21% of the total world tr.:\de).In 1962, however, there was a sudden decline from 165,000 tonnes exported in 1961to about 118,000 t6nnes.~ This was thought to be associated with the decision of the Regional Marketing Boards to reduce the Ins pi to I of this relative decline, Nigeria was still top most of the world I tonne leading to a slight recovery of about 16,000 tonnes. producer price from N106/tonne to H82/tonnc. The 1962 price level was maintained up to 1964 when it was slightly incrcased to H84/palm oil export table. In 1965, this position was overtaken by f1alaysia with a tota~ export of about 180,000 tonnes against 152,000 tonnes for the same yc¥r. By 1976 Nigeria's role has been reversed from that of an exporter to that of a net importer~ . 1980 imports stood at 21,000 tonnes valued at N11.4 Million
Re: Cheaper Palm Oil For Nigerian Market by hyipmoney2(f): 9:39am On Aug 20, 2007
Wow, nice report
Re: Cheaper Palm Oil For Nigerian Market by getnaira12: 10:53am On Aug 25, 2007
great analysis,but does anyone know the business of exporting goods from nigeria to any where else in the world.And what particular goods is hotcake.

greetings to alll nairalanders,u the best
Re: Cheaper Palm Oil For Nigerian Market by gajidele: 3:37pm On Mar 12, 2009
I have heard so much about NIFOR and I am very interested in this organisation, but the phone numbers on their website are not functional. Please help with the phone numbers of NIFOR.

Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Imitation Gone Mad: Nigeria To Buy Bad Loans / Starting An Export Business(ginger) / Singapore Company Needs Distributors For Fuel Saver Additive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.