Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Carnegie Melion University Has No Plans To Fire Me: Uju Anya Thanks Friends - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Carnegie Melion University Has No Plans To Fire Me: Uju Anya Thanks Friends (21232 Views)

Why Uju Anya Shouldn't Be Fired By Carnegie Mellon University. / Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death / Lehigh University Has Rescinded Trump's Honorary Degree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Carnegie Melion University Has No Plans To Fire Me: Uju Anya Thanks Friends by fergie001: 9:38am On Sep 13, 2022
Hi all, I'm back.
I'd like to say a heartfelt THANK YOU to my loving partner Dr. Sirry Alang @ProfAlang and everyone who rallied for me here and elsewhere. Thanks for tweeting, talking, writing/signing support letters, etc. You showed me something very important: I have people.

All of you showed me I have people in my life, in my new city of Pittsburgh, in my university, in this country, and around the world. I am deeply grateful to you, my people, for holding me in strength and community.

From what I've been told, there is no plan to sanction or fire me, and my job is not in jeopardy. My university leadership showed very clearly they did not approve of my speech; however, they stand in firm support of my freedom of expression on my own personal social media.

I am not in a battle with Carnegie Mellon University. As the letters of support from the students, faculty, staff, and others in my university community clearly show, I am wanted and I belong here.

Uju Anya

Previous Threads:
https://www.nairaland.com/7323010/uju-anyas-hateful-post-queen#116479384

https://www.nairaland.com/7324603/twitter-deletes-uju-anyas-tweet#116510231

https://www.nairaland.com/7323216/carnegie-mellon-university-reacts-uju

https://www.nairaland.com/7324489/uju-anya-insults-jeff-bezos

https://www.nairaland.com/7325303/why-uju-anya-shouldnt-fired

46 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Carnegie Melion University Has No Plans To Fire Me: Uju Anya Thanks Friends by AdamuKD: 9:40am On Sep 13, 2022
grin
They know that she is saying the mind of billion people that cannot speak out.
That's why I like Igbo tribes, them get balls.
No wonder my brothers and Yoruba people are envying them.
Shine on men and women from the rising sun!!

259 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Carnegie Melion University Has No Plans To Fire Me: Uju Anya Thanks Friends by derecho(m): 9:40am On Sep 13, 2022
She's enjoying the attention...

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Carnegie Melion University Has No Plans To Fire Me: Uju Anya Thanks Friends by Hanibbal(m): 9:42am On Sep 13, 2022
Everyone has freedom to say whatever they like. She's not in a dictatorial world.

We will continue to teach the history and horrors of slavery and colonialism to our children but let's not teach it with hate or bitterness. Let's move on while watching our back cause the white man still hates us.

126 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Carnegie Melion University Has No Plans To Fire Me: Uju Anya Thanks Friends by fergie001: 9:43am On Sep 13, 2022
From her partner, Prof Sirry Alang

Updates! @UjuAnya thanks all for the support including those who signed the now 3 letters (@CarnegieMellon employees’ letter, students’ letter, & the original letter by faculty & amazing community members worldwide). She’s delighted by conversations she’s inspired globally.

Dr. Uju Anya is still in @Twitter jail. Holdup in Twitmo is she refuses to check a box that says she’s the one who deleted the tweet. When is @TwitterSupport going to #freeUjuAnya? Can’t we have an opinion about our oppressors? A dying old beloved abuser is an still an abuser.

I’ve been getting DMs about when she’ll do the matching thread she promised for this weekend.� SHE’S IN TWITMO. She can’t use her collect call to do the thread. She says: “tell them when my life comes back in order, I’ll celebrate life, love & romance with them.”

I want to make this last points in all seriousness. Uju and I are truly moved by the unprecedented show of love, solidarity and support. These are the things that keep us going, not just as people but as Black women academics. Those of you who know our scholarship know that our work, in different fields, is about initiating difficult questions. We seek to disrupt systems including everyday happenings & expectations that although normalized, are deeply rooted in oppression. It’s very satisfying to see that her tweet provoked challenging conversations across the globe about colonialism, white supremacy, genocide, racial capitalism and neoliberalism. Questions about whose suffering, pain, loss, grief, trauma and voice matter are conversations we should never stop having. Please keep them going. Much love.

+234 Twitter, good morning. I give you special thanks for riding hardest for me. My Nigerian people, especially in and from Alaigbo, saw how much I love you and showed me love back. Together we shared our pain and taught the world our history. Thank you

P.S. I am still a gay.

Uju Anya

I'm not on Facebook. My IG is private. Any FB account or screenshot you see with my name+pic is fake. I'm not involved in Nigerian politics. I don't support nor am I affiliated with any leader, candidate, party, movement. Any political entity claiming I speak for them is lying.

Uju Anya

12 Likes

Re: Carnegie Melion University Has No Plans To Fire Me: Uju Anya Thanks Friends by fergie001: 10:03am On Sep 13, 2022
Re: Carnegie Melion University Has No Plans To Fire Me: Uju Anya Thanks Friends by dfrost: 10:06am On Sep 13, 2022
derecho:
She's enjoying the attention...

Definitely. Complex issues exist everywhere cheesy

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Carnegie Melion University Has No Plans To Fire Me: Uju Anya Thanks Friends by dfrost: 10:07am On Sep 13, 2022
Hanibbal:
Everyone has freedom to say whatever they like. She's not in a dictatorial world.

We will continue to teach the history and horrors of slavery and colonialism to our children but let's not teach it with hate or bitterness. Let's move on while watching our heads cause the white man still hates us.

Gbamsolutely!!! We move.

11 Likes

Re: Carnegie Melion University Has No Plans To Fire Me: Uju Anya Thanks Friends by flejnr2(f): 10:10am On Sep 13, 2022
I blame Jeff Bezos for all this

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Carnegie Melion University Has No Plans To Fire Me: Uju Anya Thanks Friends by Emmamay10: 10:48am On Sep 13, 2022
How I wish this professor could channel her energy to pressing issues in Nigeria, such as the education sector. Perhaps her sudden fame could influence her colleagues in Nigeria to have a change of mind and be considerate to the plight of Nigerian students.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Carnegie Melion University Has No Plans To Fire Me: Uju Anya Thanks Friends by Passionate888: 11:08am On Sep 13, 2022
grin cheesy
Re: Carnegie Melion University Has No Plans To Fire Me: Uju Anya Thanks Friends by Obadiah5(f): 11:08am On Sep 13, 2022
Okay

3 Likes

Re: Carnegie Melion University Has No Plans To Fire Me: Uju Anya Thanks Friends by nkemoma(m): 11:09am On Sep 13, 2022
Afonjas can never understand how a woman can have such big balls.....

She is Proudly Biafran

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Carnegie Melion University Has No Plans To Fire Me: Uju Anya Thanks Friends by kingamaa(m): 11:09am On Sep 13, 2022
And why should they

You've only said the truth that most don't have the boldness to say.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Carnegie Melion University Has No Plans To Fire Me: Uju Anya Thanks Friends by SIMONEKPA7: 11:09am On Sep 13, 2022
smiley
Psycho, come home and fight for good leadership for your people in Africa back home if you are truly a voice to humanity

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Carnegie Melion University Has No Plans To Fire Me: Uju Anya Thanks Friends by Stevenson20: 11:09am On Sep 13, 2022
Freedom of expression is a fundamental human right.

Nice one from the university management

8 Likes

Re: Carnegie Melion University Has No Plans To Fire Me: Uju Anya Thanks Friends by Keepamsafe: 11:09am On Sep 13, 2022
Now the ball has entered my court, I'm totally
Impressed and highly suited.

WHAT IS ALL THESE IM SEEING??

I wish the EASTERN people can be as brave as this Lesbian Woman.

1 Like

Re: Carnegie Melion University Has No Plans To Fire Me: Uju Anya Thanks Friends by FrankAkowe: 11:09am On Sep 13, 2022
May be not all the time, but sometimes, silence is golden.

1 Like

Re: Carnegie Melion University Has No Plans To Fire Me: Uju Anya Thanks Friends by Emergingnation3(m): 11:10am On Sep 13, 2022
Afonja will be disappointed.. grin grin

Below is how Afonja Muslims reacted, calling for her head, when she made that statement against the Queen grin

40 Likes

Re: Carnegie Melion University Has No Plans To Fire Me: Uju Anya Thanks Friends by Sitwalkstand: 11:10am On Sep 13, 2022
A lot of venomous beings would be disappointed

How does one family in the name of Monarchy Lord over the entire common wealth.

King Charles will inherit 500 million pounds for just being born. Tax payers money.

He will soon start touring commonwealth countries, these countries will spend billions to host them. Just to go there and wave hands. As what?

45 Likes

Re: Carnegie Melion University Has No Plans To Fire Me: Uju Anya Thanks Friends by Iliveforever(m): 11:11am On Sep 13, 2022
I’m very sure 90% of the petition for her sack is from yorubas.

Sophisticated skullers.
Agbado urchins.
Tribalistic bigots.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Carnegie Melion University Has No Plans To Fire Me: Uju Anya Thanks Friends by Hndrrxxx(m): 11:11am On Sep 13, 2022
Re: Carnegie Melion University Has No Plans To Fire Me: Uju Anya Thanks Friends by azeecoboy(m): 11:11am On Sep 13, 2022
Go and sin no more. lol

1 Like

Re: Carnegie Melion University Has No Plans To Fire Me: Uju Anya Thanks Friends by soft101: 11:12am On Sep 13, 2022
Good.
Re: Carnegie Melion University Has No Plans To Fire Me: Uju Anya Thanks Friends by JoeyNaza: 11:12am On Sep 13, 2022
Her lover, I checked her up.

I am not grateful to queen elizabeth for anything but Uju's approach was rather uncouth and I am Igbo grin grin ( For the sake of Nigerian mentality, we have to change oo, these things are petty )

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Carnegie Melion University Has No Plans To Fire Me: Uju Anya Thanks Friends by sofeo(m): 11:12am On Sep 13, 2022
Alright!
Re: Carnegie Melion University Has No Plans To Fire Me: Uju Anya Thanks Friends by Ademola47(m): 11:12am On Sep 13, 2022
Ok
Re: Carnegie Melion University Has No Plans To Fire Me: Uju Anya Thanks Friends by GavelSlam: 11:12am On Sep 13, 2022
They would tell you abi?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Boy Carrying Toy Gun Killed By Police / South Africa Withdraws Diplomats From Israel / Peskov: Russia Paid Foreign Dollar Debt In Rubles, no grounds for debt default

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.