Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group (24515 Views)

Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria / Meet Wodaabe Men, A Fulani Ethnic Group Who Make-up For Easy Marriage, / The Egbira People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by Naajjii: 5:02pm On Sep 13, 2022
TUTU147:
we have Igbos in kogi state so also we have igala in Anambra and Delta state.Come to ibaji,igbo and igala is the official language.
Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by Lionnation: 5:03pm On Sep 13, 2022
Ngwamankillyou:
They've never been Yoruba from unset.
did anyone tell you they were Yoruba
Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by ProfitmaxSMMA: 5:04pm On Sep 13, 2022
Landmack:

Always calm down..no tribe has it all.

But when it comes to the Egbiras of Kogi ehnn,just zip ur mouth when we say those guys are very hostile...their ladies are very pretty o,ladies and guys are intelligent but when it comes to anger issues and wahala I give it to them biko.

Please it's EBIRA not EGBIRA.

1 Like

Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by WhatCanIsay(m): 5:11pm On Sep 13, 2022
temitope27:
even most anambra people are IGALA

95% in Anambra na Igala na, the rest na Yoruba get am...

Empty head.
Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by babtoundey(m): 5:14pm On Sep 13, 2022
Ota mi de, ada mi da?

Ebira people and strong head are like bread and butter. But there was this ebira girl i met while i was serving... Ohisa. Beautiful, smart, inteigent, diligent and very compassionate. I still feel I should have brought her home as a bride or stayed back in LKJ because of her

1 Like

Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by DLSReigns: 5:17pm On Sep 13, 2022
"ti de" and "da" in that popular quote smiley are actually yoruba words and not Egbira. Thank you
tjfulloption:
Otami ti de adami da?
Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by babtoundey(m): 5:20pm On Sep 13, 2022
DLSReigns:
"ti de" and "da" in that popular quote smiley are actually yoruba words and not Egbira. Thank you

They share some words with Yoruba. Sometimes the meaning will be the same, most time, it's the exact opposite
Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by GEEBITE: 5:23pm On Sep 13, 2022
This mindset is bad. I wish not to engage you further.
temitope27:
every igbos in yoruba land is a criminal, especially those traders, selling fake products and call it original
Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by Guyman01: 5:27pm On Sep 13, 2022
temitope27:
even most anambra people are IGALA
Yes Igala is a tribe in Anambra state and fully accepted. Anambra radio broadcast some programs in Igala and there area is developed like other parts of Anambra without discrimination, most of them speak Igbo

1 Like

Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by hamzeiy: 5:34pm On Sep 13, 2022
noble2faith:

Do you even know what Anglicisation is?
You are not vast in English phonetics. There is no "gb" sound in English phonetics. Nothing like anglicisation here.

Had it been the former was the correct one, you would have been right to say it's anglicisation.
Even me confuse for the guy matter
Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by hamzeiy: 5:37pm On Sep 13, 2022
Rebuke:
One of my favourite set of people. They are very real and loyal but can be very stubborn, even their girls.....good lovers and very beautiful.

They are always looking gentle until yhu step on their toes .....dem go give yhu hot hot

Very protective and good to have as friends. Once yhu hear Adai, ah, yhu don belong be that.

They will fight for yhu like say yhu be their real blood. I love them as friends. Very jovial and intelligent too , once yhu are their friends, they're always there for yhu.

You're quite right....they are stubborn, but they are true to their words and are very loyal to their friends

3 Likes

Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by okofians(m): 5:37pm On Sep 13, 2022
Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by eazyduzit: 5:42pm On Sep 13, 2022
Very troublesome people, they're mostly known for trouble during my days in University of Maiduguri.
Do mentioned that their Muslims guys are mostly fanatics.
Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by okofians(m): 5:43pm On Sep 13, 2022
ProfitmaxSMMA:

Please it's EBIRA not EGBIRA.
It's a combination of the three sisters groups..EG coin from Miyakan (Koto),BI coin from Opete and finally RA coin from Igarra (Etuno)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by Rebuke: 6:00pm On Sep 13, 2022
hamzeiy:

You're quite right....they are stubborn, but they are true to their words and are very loyal to their friends

On point
Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by 2rez: 6:29pm On Sep 13, 2022
okofians:
It's a combination of the three sisters groups..EG coin from Miyakan (Koto),BI coin from Opete and finally RA coin from Igarra (Etunu)

Etuno.

1 Like

Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by eas01: 6:32pm On Sep 13, 2022
MichaelTosin:

Otami ave , Ada mi iho ? Lolzzz
Are Igarra people (Etuno) in Edo state Egbira?
Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by eas01: 6:34pm On Sep 13, 2022

1 Like

Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by BeanmanX(m): 7:03pm On Sep 13, 2022
I once had an ebira friend back in secondary school,,we were like twins then always doing everything together,,,I really wish we both can meet each other again because it's been like 20 years plus that we saw last...

1 Like

Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by Landmack: 7:04pm On Sep 13, 2022
babtoundey:
Ota mi de, ada mi da?

Ebira people and strong head are like bread and butter. But there was this ebira girl i met while i was serving... Ohisa. Beautiful, smart, inteigent, diligent and very compassionate. I still feel I should have brought her home as a bride or stayed back in LKJ because of her

Is too late? 2nd wife nko?

I used to date one till my mama almost broke my head cheesy. Before again I moved to one omo okun gal like that with big breasts

Mama later told me then to start looking towards her side or my dads (east) for marriage...and make I no dare bring kogite come house grin

Chai memories
Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by Landmack: 7:09pm On Sep 13, 2022
eazyduzit:
Very troublesome people, they're mostly known for trouble during my days in University of Maiduguri.
Do mentioned that their Muslims guys are mostly fanatics.

Very true. In fact,those who attended some multicultural northern universities like ABU zx in the 90s can attest to this. They were majorly the lead causes of religious unrest in the varsity then. Highly fanatical.

Reason why I wasn’t surprised when the media once reported of ISWAP base in kogi.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by AlphaTaikun: 7:18pm On Sep 13, 2022
Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by AlphaTaikun: 7:20pm On Sep 13, 2022
Landmack:

Very true. In fact,those who attended some multicultural northern universities like ABU zx in the 90s can attest to this. They were majorly the lead causes of religious unrest in the varsity then. Highly fanatical.

Reason why I wasn’t surprised when the media once reported of ISWAP base in kogi.
Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by AlphaTaikun: 7:27pm On Sep 13, 2022
eas01:

Are Igarra people in Edo state, Ebira by tribe?
Yes they are. Egbiras are large in population in 3 states and the FCT.
Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by vicfajeze: 7:33pm On Sep 13, 2022
Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by eazyduzit: 7:50pm On Sep 13, 2022
Landmack:

No be lie,I grew up Maiduguri and I had alot of them as my neighbors,so I was not surprised with their fanatical and troublesome attitudes in the university.
I fear them pass Mallam Bahaushi sef.
Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by Oricha79(m): 7:51pm On Sep 13, 2022
Ohomorihi avor
Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by EmekaA125(m): 8:12pm On Sep 13, 2022
Useless minority.
Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by Enimin: 8:23pm On Sep 13, 2022
tunde1200:
Egbira people get agidi like mad.

Them no dey gree others are right only them Sabi.

Dem no get agidi reach Ekiti and Ijesha grin

1 Like

Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by GeneralPula: 8:28pm On Sep 13, 2022
Ngwamankillyou:
They've never been Yoruba from unset.

No. They’ve never been and Yorubas never claimed them. But they’ve been living in the west for long. They love yorubas a lot and we love them too. I know Yoruba men that are married to their women and vice-Versace. Their women are usually very loyal and disciplined. They’re very kind, strong and useful people I’ve ever met. You’ll hardly find them committing crimes. They talk less, do more..

They’ve worked for me before when I was into transport business. They all did well. Loyal to the core. Infact, I rewarded their loyalties. After they paid me half of the of my money, I told them not to worry about the remaining money. I really like it when I meet loyal people..

We love them a lot. They’re always seeing work here in the west. You’ll hardly find a jobless Egbira cuz work is always available for them cuz they’re very modest.

Egbiras are great people..
Re: ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group by GeneralPula: 8:56pm On Sep 13, 2022
Emman08:
Those people get mind grin
No be lie. Very rugged and rigid. Honesty stays in them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

An Onicha Traditional Wedding (pictures) / Can You Tell A Nigerian By Their Face? / Olubadan Palace Shooting;Traditionalists,Ibadan War Lords Families Visit Ajimobi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.