Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

Is Risky For Aggrieved APC Leaders, Amaechi & Onu, To Remain In The Party"* - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Risky For Aggrieved APC Leaders, Amaechi & Onu, To Remain In The Party"* (405 Views)

Osinbajo, Amaechi, Onu, Okorocha, 2 Others Missing From Tinubu’s Campaigns / Osinbajo, Amaechi, Onu Absent as Buhari Unveils Tinubu’s Campaign Policy / Pro-buhari Senators Seek Juicy Offers For Aggrieved Lawmakers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Risky For Aggrieved APC Leaders, Amaechi & Onu, To Remain In The Party"* by iita: 3:52pm On Sep 13, 2022
Michael Oni, a professor of political science, has said that the decision by aggrieved APC cheiftains, Amaechi and Onu, to remain in the party could be dangerous. Speaking on Channels TV, Prof. Oni expressed concern regarding the level of quietness observed by both APC leaders as the 2023 election draws nearer.
Addressing the topic, Prof. Oni said, "The decision by Ogbonnaya Onu and Amaechi to remain in the APC despite being aggrieved is more risky than the PDP situation involving Nyesom Wike. They can cause damage within the party by staying in the party, unlike Governor Wike, who is continuously expressing his grievances.
He continued, "I think Amaechi and Onu have been suspiciously quiet, and it is risky. You can not wish them away, and they seriously need to be appeased. You can not claim that Amaechi is not a power broker in Rivers State. The party needs votes from Rivers State. The APC needs to appeal to Onu and Amaechi to faithfully stay with them. "
Re: Is Risky For Aggrieved APC Leaders, Amaechi & Onu, To Remain In The Party"* by jintownboo: 3:54pm On Sep 13, 2022
Ok
Re: Is Risky For Aggrieved APC Leaders, Amaechi & Onu, To Remain In The Party"* by mrvitalis(m): 3:57pm On Sep 13, 2022
Honestly it's a very foolish decision with no I repeat no benefit zero

One there is no way tinubu can trust them anymore absolutely no chance they can be ministers under him anymore

So start afresh negotiate with PDP or labour it's a risk ...but what's the worst that can happen

Same thing with osibanjo

Expect a miracle they have all reached the highest political positions they can ever reach ...so I see no point not to take risk

Remember ambode don't be like ambode
Re: Is Risky For Aggrieved APC Leaders, Amaechi & Onu, To Remain In The Party"* by Innomama7(m): 3:59pm On Sep 13, 2022
The last time I check he was obedient smiley
Re: Is Risky For Aggrieved APC Leaders, Amaechi & Onu, To Remain In The Party"* by Willy7(m): 4:02pm On Sep 13, 2022
Truth is I like Amaechi so much and he remains my most liked and revered politician in the world, and I'm unapologetic about that. I have my reasons for that. I prefer his silence this period than him throwing himself on a candidate that represents everything wrong with Nigeria. Amaechi has achieved much for his age politically and still has some age at his side. Whether he is appeased or not, let him stay away from Tinubu's ambition. It will do him more good and keep his respect intact. After all he is not one of Tinubu boys and shouldn't be seen as one. Same advice I will want to give to Osibanjo too. STAY AWAY from Tinubu campaign and imminent defeat.
Re: Is Risky For Aggrieved APC Leaders, Amaechi & Onu, To Remain In The Party"* by babyfaceafrica: 4:04pm On Sep 13, 2022
Omu is very very lightweight. In fact, he can't guarantee 25 votes in his ward.
. Amaechi is formidable at least, the major problem is that Rivers is a predominantly pdp state. Even when he was in power, PDP won all elections. However, his experience is useful
Re: Is Risky For Aggrieved APC Leaders, Amaechi & Onu, To Remain In The Party"* by seunmsg(m): 4:07pm On Sep 13, 2022
Can anyone remind me the total votes Amaechi and Onu delivered to APC in the 2015 and 2019 presidential elections respectively in their states?

With due respect to the two of them, it is my wish that they stay back in the party and support the presidential candidate of their party. That’s how to show that they are Democrats and not bad losers. However, I will rather have Dave Umahi in Ebonyi and Wike in Rivers working for APC than Onu and Amaechi if it comes down to making a choice.

In politics, pragmatism trumps emotion. It is what it is.

3 Likes

Re: Is Risky For Aggrieved APC Leaders, Amaechi & Onu, To Remain In The Party"* by Idiko1: 4:08pm On Sep 13, 2022
iita:
Michael Oni , a professor of political science, has said that the decision by aggrieved APC cheiftains, Amaechi and Onu, to remain in the party could be dangerous. Speaking on Channels TV, Prof. Oni expressed concern regarding the level of quietness observed by both APC leaders as the 2023 election draws nearer.
Addressing the topic, Prof. Oni said, "The decision by Ogbonnaya Onu and Amaechi to remain in the APC despite being aggrieved is more risky than the PDP situation involving Nyesom Wike. They can cause damage within the party by staying in the party, unlike Governor Wike, who is continuously expressing his grievances.
He continued, "I think Amaechi and Onu have been suspiciously quiet, and it is risky. You can not wish them away, and they seriously need to be appeased. You can not claim that Amaechi is not a power broker in Rivers State. The party needs votes from Rivers State. The APC needs to appeal to Onu and Amaechi to faithfully stay with them. "

Mr. Michael Oni, the idiotic so-called professor, are there no Yoruba who is allegedly aggrieved APC chieftain who remains in the party? Here they go again!!!

(1) (Reply)

Man Who Trekked For Pmb's Victory, Treks Again To Bury Apc's Casket In Abuja / Mixed Reactions Trail Peter Obi’s Interview On CNN / Video: Watch As Arise TV Host Makes APC Publicity Secretary Look Stupid On TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.