Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,964 members, 7,952,890 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:52 AM

Is Kwankwaso No Longer Contesting In The 2023 Presidential Election? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Kwankwaso No Longer Contesting In The 2023 Presidential Election? (1591 Views)

Why Is Kwankwaso Not Holding Rallies? / Nine Nigerians Contesting In Tuesday’s U.S. Elections / I Am No Longer Contesting- Ondo Deputy Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Kwankwaso No Longer Contesting In The 2023 Presidential Election? by fiizznation: 7:12pm On Sep 13, 2022
QuotaSystem:

Gaskiya it’s great seeing you again. I agree with you batun girman kan but I strongly believe zai hada kai da Tinubu kafin zabe…fingers crossed.

Regarding the “threats”, they shouldn’t be given any weight as they’re mostly by paper tigers that can do nothing if Arewa decides to withhold the presidency and they know it. Treat them as mere distractions.

The weightier issue here nike gani, is the existential possibility (or impossibility) of Nigeria in the unfair event that power doesn’t rotate south next year. The polity will be inevitably heated to a point that the center might be unable to hold as the various secessionist agitations will gain steam and their message will resonate with a greater audience down south (kuma yan siyasan mu know this). Abun da yafi is to have an atmosphere where the President will have minimal distractions so he can focus on the critical interventions that will draw Nigeria back from the precipice.

Keeping Nigeria one requires Justice and fairness so power rotation to the south should definitely occur and hopefully will.
Couldn't agree less with you.
Power indeed needs to be pushed to the south for fairness and equity. But what some senior party leaders said was; a Southern Christian should replace Buhari since Mr Buhari himself is a Muslim. Sixteen years(hope you know what I mean here) of Muslims ruling was the tomorrow some party leaders don't want. So you see the equation would have balanced. There are just so many things I wouldn't like to say here.

But I believe what will be will always be, and what happened has already happened. Gat to do some things now bro. Next time I guess

1 Like

Re: Is Kwankwaso No Longer Contesting In The 2023 Presidential Election? by QuotaSystem: 7:16pm On Sep 13, 2022
fiizznation:
Couldn't agree less with you.
Power indeed needs to be pushed to the south for fairness and equity. But what some senior party leaders said was; a Southern Christian should replace Buhari since Mr Buhari himself is a Muslim. Sixteen years(hope you know what I mean here) of Muslims ruling was the tomorrow some party leaders don't want. So you see the equation would have balanced. There are just so many things I wouldn't like to say here.

But I believe what will be will always be, and what happened has already happened. Gat to do some things now bro. Next time I guess

Absolutely, I concur. Cheers bro.
Re: Is Kwankwaso No Longer Contesting In The 2023 Presidential Election? by Nyamuri: 7:17pm On Sep 13, 2022
Lol! Both scenarios are totally different and don't correlate at all!!

1. Even tho kenyatta was against Ruto, he didn't try to temper or influencer the election ion any form.. in fact, the election was adjudged to be free and fair by international body

2. Ruto was the VP and already had structures and connection all over the country, unlike PO

3. The election that brougt Yar'adua was highly rigged that it shocked Yar'adua, that he had to publicly apologise and admit it wasn't free.. ppl were still queuing and voting when the resuilts was announced

even though I believe u all know this facts, but just trying to play dumb and give urself some false hope
Nigerianization:

Please which structure did William Ruto of Kenya rely upon to win the presidency with a one year old party?

Before you say that he was the sitting vice-president, ATIKU also tried the same feat and lost squarely in 2007. Both VPs lost the backing of their Presidents and the stories were different for both because times have changed.

Structures don't win elections. As a party less OBIdient that will be voting on election day, I'll wait for the results to be counted, declared and pasted. I will go home with my snapped copy of my polling unit.

I am a structure.

1 Like

Re: Is Kwankwaso No Longer Contesting In The 2023 Presidential Election? by Nyamuri: 7:19pm On Sep 13, 2022
So PDP's structure is the same with LP undecided
otipoju:

Did APC have all these structures when they lost in Osun State?

Did PDP have all these structures when they lost to APC twice.

Does the precense of all these people guarantee victory?

Who also told you labour party does not have card carrying members nor mobilization teams nor financial watches or former elected officers?

The work of all these people is to convince and induce people to vote and man pooling units to monitor results isn't it? Now when your message has skipped the messengers and gotten directly to the voters that uou need to vote...why then place so much emphasis on structure.
Re: Is Kwankwaso No Longer Contesting In The 2023 Presidential Election? by infofta(m): 7:31pm On Sep 13, 2022
fiizznation:
Don't kid yourself. Even if Kwankwaso accepts Obi's offer, they will still be defeated by APC or PDP. The coming together of two political parties without structure can't defeat a well grounded party.

You think we are still in the 1960s. Technology has taken over, information travels with the speed of light to all corners of the world. The man living in the remote area is informed of the latest information available. Gone are the days of party structure.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obi/datti Rally, Jos Plateau State. A Statement Match. / Fani Kayode Lambast Peter Obi Called Him A Mannerless Duncs With Low Self Esteem / Yoruba Community In Awka Coronates New Oba, Gets Soludo’s Assurance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.