Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Christians: What If Jesus' Promise To Come Back Was A Lie? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians: What If Jesus' Promise To Come Back Was A Lie? (1392 Views)

As Christians, What Does It Truly Mean By No Sex Before Marriage? / Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? / Christians: Why Did Jesus Promise To Send The ‘spirit Of Truth’? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians: What If Jesus' Promise To Come Back Was A Lie? by HappyPagan: 6:16pm On Sep 13, 2022
What if Jesus died for His sins? A Carpenter's son should know better than claim to be God... so his village people borrowed some nails from his workshop, and some good wood too, and crucified the poor young man... Yahweh watching helplessly.

I and my fellow Africans were here minding our business, just like we were when NOAH came to check on us with his boat. We sheltered him from the flood that had chased him home, and he never mentioned our story when he got back... water wey wan kill am.... na we send goat and cow give am wey im use start small suay business.. but dat na story for another day.

Anyways, Jesus promised He'd be back in a quick time, but it's been like 2000 years and counting.. I think it's time we start accepting the fact that this might be Yahoo disguised as Salvation. I mean all our eyes dey look Cross, people dey thief the things we suppose chop.. but maybe no be Jesus plan be that.

There are no mansions in heaven, just as you don't see oil pipelines going to the sky..... Heaven is below your feet, the ground on which you stand. It is where you come from, and hopefully, where you'd return....

Maybe Jesus is just a big Scam, maybe? undecided He promised you love like Yahoo, but has He really treated you well? All the prayer you have prayed to him to help your country, has he answered any one? He has used HOPE and BELIEF to cage you into thinking habits that keep you in deep fear.... steadily under pressure....

Take your mind back from Christ, he couldn't save his. He won't save yours.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians: What If Jesus' Promise To Come Back Was A Lie? by Righteousness2(m): 6:48pm On Sep 13, 2022
If JESUS didn't come back or there is no Heaven , I didn't lose anything.

But woe unto you who rejects HIS free gift of Salvation only to see over there that you have deceived yourself.
Woe unto you who rejects the messages you were opportuned to see and you see yourself in the lake of Fire for rejecting JESUS Christ.
Who will you Blame if you see yourself in Hell?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christians: What If Jesus' Promise To Come Back Was A Lie? by HappyPagan: 7:33pm On Sep 13, 2022
Righteousness2:
[i]If JESUS didn't come back or there is no Heaven , I didn't lose anything.
You have wasted your time. You have given up the Earth, and gotten nothing in return. You have lost your life which you gave him. It will all be for nothing. Don't lie..

Righteousness2:

But woe unto you who rejects HIS free gift of Salvation only to see over there that you have deceived yourself.
First there is no FREE GIFT. A gift is a gift... I shouldn't be paying for it. What salvation? I no send am message to die for me.... I no beg am..

The wood Dem use kill am, no be my Papa sell am. The stone Dem throw am, the way Bethlehem Vigilante force tie am for stick, raise am show God...e no good ooo.. but no be me do am... Poor guy should have saved himself.

Righteousness2:

Woe unto you who rejects the messages you were opportuned to see and you see yourself in the lake of Fire for rejecting JESUS Christ.
I completely reject the fable that is Jesus Christ.. you suffer when you believe in such nonsense... No lake of fire... Just lake of mumu deeply immersed in the bushes of your soul.

Righteousness2:

Who will you Blame if you see yourself in Hell?
Myself. Because unlike Jesus, I take responsibility for my sins, not others..

5 Likes

Re: Christians: What If Jesus' Promise To Come Back Was A Lie? by atheistandproud(m): 9:15pm On Sep 13, 2022
Leemao
Re: Christians: What If Jesus' Promise To Come Back Was A Lie? by cornelboy(f): 1:05am On Sep 14, 2022
What if it wasn't a lie?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christians: What If Jesus' Promise To Come Back Was A Lie? by Maynmann: 5:22am On Sep 14, 2022
Did he even exist in the first place.
iesus chrestus cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Christians: What If Jesus' Promise To Come Back Was A Lie? by HappyPagan: 7:23am On Sep 14, 2022
cornelboy:
What if it wasn't a lie?
His delay could mean he probably got lost. There's so much clutter in space and Earth looks so different from two thousand years ago when he died.
Secretly, I hope that it is true, that there is a Rapture... Something that zaps all y'all Bible believers away from here to your most expected place - beside the right hand of God.. I'm all for it. Nigeria will finally be peaceful.

5 Likes

Re: Christians: What If Jesus' Promise To Come Back Was A Lie? by sonmvayina(m): 7:35am On Sep 14, 2022
HappyPagan:

His delay could mean he probably got lost. There's so much clutter in space and Earth looks so different from two thousand years ago when he died.
Secretly, I hope that it is true, that there is a Rapture... Something that zaps all y'all Bible believers away from here to your most expected place - beside the right hand of God.. I'm all for it. Nigeria will finally be peaceful.

Abi oh..

The writers are not fishermen.

They are intelligent Greeks and Romans.

They wrote it in such a way for you to think jesus was talking to you. Just to keep people enslaved and in captivity.
It is a big spell it takes more to get out from..

"Go spell"

4 Likes

Re: Christians: What If Jesus' Promise To Come Back Was A Lie? by sonmvayina(m): 8:00am On Sep 14, 2022
When a certain German invented the printing press, cardinal Worsely was on record to have said "if we don't destroy this invention now, this invention will one day destroy us"..little did he know that the internet was still coming in the future...now we have a bigger library and information can be received within a twinkle of an eye. ..
The point I am making is that ,it was the council of Trent in 16th century that gave us the bible. Before then it was just the authority of the Catholic church that was why they held ecumenical council from time to time to agree on what and what to teach the sheep's. When the printing press was invented they had to hurriedly publish the bible as it became harder to edit the it. ..
So the gospels are all hogwash and all the claims are all bull crap.

2 Likes

Re: Christians: What If Jesus' Promise To Come Back Was A Lie? by Faithfulness88: 3:39pm On Sep 14, 2022
I know he will come back. He only instructed us to live a godly and peaceable life style.
Re: Christians: What If Jesus' Promise To Come Back Was A Lie? by HappyPagan: 4:01pm On Sep 14, 2022
Faithfulness88:
I know he will come back. He only instructed us to live a godly and peaceable life style.
You 'believe'. You don't know.... You can never know. You just believe his lie.

3 Likes

Re: Christians: What If Jesus' Promise To Come Back Was A Lie? by cornelboy(f): 4:10pm On Sep 14, 2022
HappyPagan:

Lol. What do you think would happen to the rest of you that weren't "zapped"?
You all gonna be destroyed.

But my beliefs are different from that. I'm currently studying with the JW cos o found out that they are the ones practising true Christianity.

Let say the "believers" were zapped and the rest of you remained, what difference would it make?
Re: Christians: What If Jesus' Promise To Come Back Was A Lie? by HappyPagan: 4:11pm On Sep 14, 2022
cornelboy:

Lol. What do you think would happen to the rest of you that weren't "zapped"?
You all gonna be destroyed.

But my beliefs are different from that. I'm currently studying with the JW cos o found out that they are the ones practising true Christianity.

Let say the "believers" were zapped and the rest of you remained, what difference would it make?
We figure stuff out as usual.. without y'all crazy people... Make una inherit heaven... We go manage this Earth.

4 Likes

Re: Christians: What If Jesus' Promise To Come Back Was A Lie? by cornelboy(f): 4:22pm On Sep 14, 2022
HappyPagan:

We figure stuff out as usual.. without y'all crazy people... Make una inherit heaven... We go manage this Earth.
Na you get the earth wey you wan manage?
Lol.
Humans had been failing from long time ago and they will continue to fail without the creator's intervention.
Tell me the evil Christianity is causing in the society and how other religions including athiesm are anything better?
Re: Christians: What If Jesus' Promise To Come Back Was A Lie? by HappyPagan: 5:11pm On Sep 14, 2022
cornelboy:

Abeg who dey manage am now? No be we?

cornelboy:

Humans had been failing from long time ago and they will continue to fail without the creator's intervention.
Good thing I don't share your mindset. You are Nigerian anyways.. you aren't used to success at the specie level..

cornelboy:

Tell me the evil Christianity is causing in the society and how other religions including athiesm are anything better?
You can create a different thread for this topic. I'm just here to discuss the failed promise that is the Rapture. The Greatest unending Lie... Id like to rupture this lie.

1 Like

Re: Christians: What If Jesus' Promise To Come Back Was A Lie? by cornelboy(f): 5:29pm On Sep 14, 2022
HappyPagan:

Abeg who dey manage am now? No be we?
Have we been managing it well?

Good thing I don't share your mindset. You are Nigerian anyways.. you aren't used to success at the specie level..
What are you talking about?

You can create a different thread for this topic. I'm just here to discuss the failed promise that is the Rapture. The Greatest unending Lie... Id like to rupture this lie.
No specific date was mentioned. So it ain't a failed prophecy.

God promised the Israelites the Messiah but he came hundreds of years later.
Though God didn't mention the date he would come but they trusted him that he would send him.
Any foreigners among them that time could say that delay in sending the Messiah is a failed promised whereas the Jews understand their God.
Re: Christians: What If Jesus' Promise To Come Back Was A Lie? by HappyPagan: 5:51pm On Sep 14, 2022
cornelboy:

Oh yeah - we are both communicating.. that's man.. our culture today is leaps and bounds greater than the culture of the Bible, even the so called 'New' testament.. I'm sure you would want to live in that world... Just take care of farm, scratch balls, and sleep.

cornelboy:

Our nation has contributed very little to the development of modern science, modern engineering, or modern medicine. All we have are prayer warriors and ethnic jingoists.

So I understand why you think humans fail. We haven't even figured out how to keep a light bulb on permanently. But other humans solve problems l, you know, explore the full imaginative possibiltites of the mind within.

cornelboy:

I agree with you. It ain't a failed prophecy. It's a broken promise. Imagine... No date... So you can wait forever... It could always happen tomorrow abi?

cornelboy:

Though God didn't mention the date he would come but they trusted him that he would send him.
Any foreigners among them that time could say that delay in sending the Messiah is a failed promised whereas the Jews understand their God.
Are you speaking on behalf of the Jews? Cos I don't see no Jews waiting for no Jesus.. in fact, Dem treat im fuckup well. Beat am, hang am for cross, forget about am.... There are more Christians on my street than there are in Israel. Una wey no kill am, na una dey wait for am reach 2000 years and counting.... Small shame sef no dey body.

5 Likes

Re: Christians: What If Jesus' Promise To Come Back Was A Lie? by sonmvayina(m): 6:50pm On Sep 14, 2022
cornelboy:

Lol.

Christianity is idolatry..

What God gave to mankind is laws to enable us live in peace..

2 Likes

Re: Christians: What If Jesus' Promise To Come Back Was A Lie? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:53pm On Sep 14, 2022
sonmvayina:

Please tell me any society where the so called God's laws have fulfilled what is written in the Bible book of Isaiah 2:2-4 smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians: What If Jesus' Promise To Come Back Was A Lie? by cornelboy(f): 7:11pm On Sep 14, 2022
sonmvayina:

Okay

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christians: What If Jesus' Promise To Come Back Was A Lie? by AllenforGOD(m): 7:45pm On Sep 14, 2022
Just sit down and use ur intellect to analyse ur illogical statement in which exclusively makes no sense,stop deluding urself u pervert dont be like the pharisees and jewish authorities<full stop>
sad
Re: Christians: What If Jesus' Promise To Come Back Was A Lie? by cornelboy(f): 7:49pm On Sep 14, 2022
HappyPagan:

Oh yeah - we are both communicating.. that's man.. our culture today is leaps and bounds greater than the culture of the Bible, even the so called 'New' testament.. I'm sure you would want to live in that world... Just take care of farm, scratch balls, and sleep.
No one says you should follow any culture na.
The new testament didn't say you should copy the culture of the ancient Jews.

Our nation has contributed very little to the development of modern science, modern engineering, or modern medicine. All we have are prayer warriors and ethnic jingoists.
That's a good observation but it has nothing to do with Christianity or the Bible.

So I understand why you think humans fail. We haven't even figured out how to keep a light bulb on permanently. But other humans solve problems l, you know, explore the full imaginative possibiltites of the mind within.
What's your point here exactly?
Are you comparing Nigeria to other developed countries?

I agree with you. It ain't a failed prophecy. It's a broken promise. Imagine... No date... So you can wait forever... It could always happen tomorrow abi?
Yes of course but it is not a broken promise.

Are you speaking on behalf of the Jews? Cos I don't see no Jews waiting for no Jesus.. in fact, Dem treat im fuckup well. Beat am, hang am for cross, forget about am.... There are more Christians on my street than there are in Israel. Una wey no kill am, na una dey wait for am reach 2000 years and counting.... Small shame sef no dey body
Do you believe he came and was killed by the Jews?
Re: Christians: What If Jesus' Promise To Come Back Was A Lie? by HappyPagan: 7:52pm On Sep 14, 2022
AllenforGOD:
Just sit down and use ur intellect to analyse ur illogical statement in which exclusively makes no sense,stop deluding urself u pervert dont be like the pharisees and jewish authorities<full stop>
sad
The internet is not a Church.. Be fluent... Stop speaking Christianese.

3 Likes

Re: Christians: What If Jesus' Promise To Come Back Was A Lie? by sonmvayina(m): 8:12pm On Sep 14, 2022
cornelboy:

When did God promise the Israelites the Messiah and what did he say about him? Did he ever say he was coming to die for sins??
Re: Christians: What If Jesus' Promise To Come Back Was A Lie? by sonmvayina(m): 8:16pm On Sep 14, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Please tell me any society where the so called God's laws have fulfilled what is written in the Bible book of Isaiah 2:2-4 smiley

No where, but Isaiah said a time is coming when that will happen. The Messiah God is going to send will usher in that era..
Re: Christians: What If Jesus' Promise To Come Back Was A Lie? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:56pm On Sep 14, 2022
sonmvayina:

No where, but Isaiah said a time is coming when that will happen. The Messiah God is going to send will usher in that era..

Well it's happening today among God's people JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES!

Humble and faithful people throughout the earth are following the Messiah's teaching and they are fulfilling that prophecy today that's why Jesus said "By their FRUITS" you will know the difference between true worshipers and Satan's agents.
Because while the true worshipers comes together doing the will of God {Matthew 7:21-23} Satan's worshipers will be fighting and killing themselves over whose standards they should bow to! Revelations 6:3-4 smiley
Re: Christians: What If Jesus' Promise To Come Back Was A Lie? by sonmvayina(m): 8:58pm On Sep 14, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Well it's happening today among God's people JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES!

Humble and faithful people throughout the earth are following the Messiah's teaching and they are fulfilling that prophecy today that's why Jesus said "By their FRUITS" you will know the difference between true worshipers and Satan's agents.
Because while the true worshipers comes together doing the will of God {Matthew 7:21-23} Satan's worshipers will be fighting and killing themselves over whose standards they should bow to! Revelations 6:3-4 smiley

You have not learnt anything since..

Who is the Messiah?

Was God sending somebody to come and change his laws??

You amaze me.
Re: Christians: What If Jesus' Promise To Come Back Was A Lie? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:00pm On Sep 14, 2022
sonmvayina:

You have not learnt anything since..
Who is the Messiah?
Was God sending somebody to come and change his laws??
You amaze me.

Keep waiting for another Messiah while we are working with the one we know! smiley
Re: Christians: What If Jesus' Promise To Come Back Was A Lie? by sonmvayina(m): 9:10pm On Sep 14, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Keep waiting for another Messiah while we are working with the one we know! smiley

That one is a creation of the Roman Catholic church..

Messiah means anointed king..not a demi god
Re: Christians: What If Jesus' Promise To Come Back Was A Lie? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:13pm On Sep 14, 2022
sonmvayina:

That one is a creation of the Roman Catholic church.. Messiah means anointed king..not a demi god

YES he was enthroned in the year 1914 and we are his subjects globally working with him today throughout the earth! Matthew 28:18-20; Act 1:8

So we have evidence of our own Messiah but you can continue waiting for yours! smiley
Re: Christians: What If Jesus' Promise To Come Back Was A Lie? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:31pm On Sep 14, 2022
cornelboy:

What if it wasn't a lie?

They are brothers of the rich man in Lazarus's parable, instead of faith their selfish ambitions is what's motivating them so when all the lies their pastors told them failed they want others to abandon God's word as if everyone is selfish like them! smiley

1 Like

Re: Christians: What If Jesus' Promise To Come Back Was A Lie? by VenumX: 9:39pm On Sep 14, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

YES he was enthroned in the year 1914 and we are his subjects globally working with him today throughout the earth! Matthew 28:18-20; Act 1:8

So we have evidence of our own Messiah but you can continue waiting for yours! smiley

Says who? Same people who told you Christ was coming in 1914, 1925, 1975...then turned around to deny it.

Was it Jesus Christ that gave you that info? Do you even believe in Jesus Christ at all?

What global work are you doing exactly? Are you not seeing your population stats are declining because mad animals like you have chased them out?

Clown.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Popular Club House In Abakaliki Under Fire After Ladies Dressed Like Rev. Sister / Muslims And Jihad / Imo: Bishops March Against Abortion Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.