Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,544 members, 7,823,386 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

Christians: Why Did Jesus Promise To Send The ‘spirit Of Truth’? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians: Why Did Jesus Promise To Send The ‘spirit Of Truth’? (1132 Views)

Christians: What If Jesus' Promise To Come Back Was A Lie? / The "Small Sin" That Will Send The Most People To Hell-fire. / Dear Christians, Why Are Developed/educated Countries Leaving Religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians: Why Did Jesus Promise To Send The ‘spirit Of Truth’? by GodSon34(m): 11:08am On Jul 14, 2018
John 14: 15If ye love me, keep my commandments.

16And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

So, have you encountered the Spirit of Truth?
Re: Christians: Why Did Jesus Promise To Send The ‘spirit Of Truth’? by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 14, 2018
What does it look like. So I can see if I have met that Spirit ? grin
Re: Christians: Why Did Jesus Promise To Send The ‘spirit Of Truth’? by GodSon34(m): 11:13am On Jul 14, 2018
First tell me why He was sent in the first place.If the bible and gospel is all truth, why the need for this Spirit?
Organism000:
What does it look like. So I can see if I have met that Spirit ? grin
Re: Christians: Why Did Jesus Promise To Send The ‘spirit Of Truth’? by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 14, 2018
GodSon34:
First tell me why He was sent in the first place.If the bible and gospel is all truth, why the need for this Spirit?

I have no idea, may be the Spirit is for partying, you know most Spirits are Alcoholic in nature.

2 Likes

Re: Christians: Why Did Jesus Promise To Send The ‘spirit Of Truth’? by sKeetz(m): 11:16am On Jul 14, 2018
Because he has bestselling them lies, no?
Re: Christians: Why Did Jesus Promise To Send The ‘spirit Of Truth’? by Lirqur: 11:17am On Jul 14, 2018
Because the whole world is in a matrix of Shaitan, blind by his deception. Shaitan created Christianity in other to hide the truth about the one true ilah/God.

Allah is the one true God.

Salaam.
Re: Christians: Why Did Jesus Promise To Send The ‘spirit Of Truth’? by GodSon34(m): 11:23am On Jul 14, 2018
Agree with emboldened below. However, the Shaitan has infact created or infiltrated all three Abrahamic faiths incl. Islam and Judaism.
They have all been corrupted!
Lirqur:
Because the whole world is in a matrix of Shaitan, blind by his deception. Shaitan created Christianity in other to hide the truth about the one true ilah/God.

Allah is the one true God.

Salaam.
Re: Christians: Why Did Jesus Promise To Send The ‘spirit Of Truth’? by GodSon34(m): 11:31am On Jul 14, 2018
I need the contribution of Christians. Christians oya come and defend/explain this scripture....@ScienceWatch @pressplay411
GodSon34:

16And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Re: Christians: Why Did Jesus Promise To Send The ‘spirit Of Truth’? by Lirqur: 11:32am On Jul 14, 2018
GodSon34:
Agree with emboldened below. However, the Shaitan has infact created or infiltrated all three Abrahamic faiths incl. Islam and Judaism.
They have all been corrupted!

Wrong brother. The truth is multi twisted. Soon I'll write up on the things I received from Allah Almighty. I hope you know that when Christians call on God they are actually calling on Shaitan. But Allah in his infinite mercy as permitted it because they will still be guided to the light.
Re: Christians: Why Did Jesus Promise To Send The ‘spirit Of Truth’? by Nobody: 11:32am On Jul 14, 2018
GodSon34:

because Jesus who said that said alot about the future, meaning he saw the future and alot of things not written or said by him will happen and is already happening.....
like some pplesay, is it written in the bible, that thou shall not masturbatee, or commit abortion when raped or smoke cigarettes, or though shall not adopt blood transfusion and the list goes on....

the holy spirit is a guide, to revel the truth about these thing and many to come and guide us against the antichrist...because the time is coming when God and faith in him will be greatly eliminated from the the world because of technology and the acts of the antichrists ...Jesus said, at his return it will be difficult to find faith left in the world
Re: Christians: Why Did Jesus Promise To Send The ‘spirit Of Truth’? by GodSon34(m): 11:38am On Jul 14, 2018
Finally an actual Christian.
Thanks but the verse says whom the ‘World’ cannot receive. Have you personally encountered this Spirit?
1StopRudeness:

because Jesus who said that said alot about the future, meaning he saw the future and alot of things not written or said by him will happen and is already happening.....
like some pplesay, is it written in the bible, that thou shall not masturbatee, or commit abortion when raped or smoke cigarettes, or though shall not adopt blood transfusion and the list goes on....

the holy spirit is a guide, to revel the truth about these thing and many to come and guide us against the antichrist...because the time is coming when God and faith in him will be greatly eliminated from the the world because of technology and the acts of the antichrists ...Jesus said, at his return it will be difficult to find faith left in the world
Re: Christians: Why Did Jesus Promise To Send The ‘spirit Of Truth’? by GodSon34(m): 11:42am On Jul 14, 2018
I’m not Christian btw. Not Religious.
Yes God is Gadreel (Satan) but Islam has its own flaws though. Particularly with regards oppressing the true Children of the Most High. (No diff from Romans with this regards)
Lirqur:

Wrong brother. The truth is multi twisted. Soon I'll write up on the things I received from Allah Almighty. I hope you know that when Christians call on God they are actually calling on Shaitan. But Allah in his infinite mercy as permitted it because they will still be guided to the light.
Re: Christians: Why Did Jesus Promise To Send The ‘spirit Of Truth’? by Lirqur: 11:58am On Jul 14, 2018
GodSon34:
I’m not Christian btw. Not Religious.
Yes God is Gadreel (Satan) but Islam has its own flaws though. Particularly with regards oppressing the true Children of the Most High. (No diff from Romans with this regards)

Islam is the most perfect of all. It is Islam that will guide all of mankind to his creator. Part of the many deception of Shaitan, is to make Islam appear oppressive. Whereas, it is the rational of beliefs. The twists are on many several layers. It may make sense to you that English is Shaitan's (Satan) Language, ever wonder why all of English language is borrowed from another language? Allah is the creator of language, He owns language. Shaitan being a jinn doesn't have the power to create only Allah Almighty creates. This is part of the plan to achieve the great deception by creating English, he has led majority to deviate from the truth of the one and Only ilah(God). Now not only has he created his own language, he has created his own religion in other to receive glory, But Allah is the best of planners.

USA as you see it, is the spearhead centre of Shaitan. The lvyel of deception to the truth is too deep. Insha Allah, gradually, I will reveal as I am told. The times we are in now aren't smiling times.
Re: Christians: Why Did Jesus Promise To Send The ‘spirit Of Truth’? by GodSon34(m): 12:04pm On Jul 14, 2018
Bruv! Don’t get it twisted.
Any religion that was forced on people is not of the Most High. Let’s call to mind the times of the Arab slavery of Africa/Ethiopia. The Arabs forced Islam on Africans. Purest?! Really?
Secondly were does ilah come from? The il in ilah originates from the name El
Lirqur:

Islam is the most perfect of all. It is Islam that will guide all of mankind to his creator. Part of the many deception of Shaitan, is to make Islam appear oppressive. Whereas, it is the rational of beliefs. The twists are on many several layers. It may make sense to you that English is Shaitan's (Satan) Language, ever wonder why all of English language is borrowed from another language? Allah is the creator of language, He owns language. Shaitan being a jinn doesn't have the power to create only Allah Almighty creates. This is part of the plan to achieve the great deception by creating English, he has led majority to deviate from the truth of the one and Only ilah(God). Now not only has he created his own language, he has created his own religion in other to receive glory, But Allah is the best of planners.

USA as you see it, is the spearhead centre of Shaitan. The lvyel of deception to the truth is too deep. Insha Allah, gradually, I will reveal as I am told. The times we are in now aren't smiling times.
Re: Christians: Why Did Jesus Promise To Send The ‘spirit Of Truth’? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jul 14, 2018
GodSon34:
Thanks but the verse says whom the ‘World’ cannot receive. Have you personally encountered this Spirit?

The part world....is clearly talking of the sinful world, those who remain canal allowing their fleshy impulse dictate their all actions instead of the spirit .like the Bible says do not be conformed to the ways of the world...of course there are somany things we do that is of the world like eating, sleeping, taking a cab, having sex with ur wife, going to work etc..

.but "world" I think in that context speaks of the people with canal mind set of operations. Those are the people (world) that can't receive the spirit...until they give the spirit a chance and renew their mind with the word...
we have all encountered the holy spirit, unless u were never truly born again, sustaining his presense continually and attaining the level of holiness God wants for us so that we can in deed command the super natural is the tricky part..
.cos the flesh is always in constant antagositic struggle with the things of the spirit. As Paul said it..if we do not hold on to the salvation we once beleive and have our minds continually renewed, it would be like we never believed in the first place...
Re: Christians: Why Did Jesus Promise To Send The ‘spirit Of Truth’? by GodSon34(m): 12:20pm On Jul 14, 2018
Please don’t change scripture: We have not all encountered HIM.

John 14: 25These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you. 26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

If the bible is the Word and all true why the emboldened above?
1StopRudeness:

The part world....is clearly talking of the sinful world, those who remain canal allowing their fleshy impulse dictate their all actions instead of the spirit .like the Bible says do not be conformed to the ways of the world...of course there are somany things we do that is of the world like eating, sleeping, taking a cab, having sex with ur wife, going to work etc..

.but "world" I think in that context speaks of the people with canal mind set of operations. Those are the people (world) that can't receive the spirit...until they give the spirit a chance and renew their mind with the word...
we have all encountered the holy spirit, unless u were never truly born again, sustaining his presense continually and attaining the level of holiness God wants for us so that we can in deed command the super natural is the tricky part..
.cos the flesh is always in constant antagositic struggle with the things of the spirit. As Paul said it..if we do not hold on to the salvation we once beleive and have our minds continually renewed, it would be like we never believed in the first place...
Re: Christians: Why Did Jesus Promise To Send The ‘spirit Of Truth’? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 14, 2018
GodSon34:
Please don’t change scripture: We have not all encountered HIM.

John 14: 25These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you. 26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

If the bible is the Word and all true why the emboldened above?

Change scripture?? I don't get u
Re: Christians: Why Did Jesus Promise To Send The ‘spirit Of Truth’? by GodSon34(m): 12:28pm On Jul 14, 2018
Do you not know Religion, Politics, War, Churches, Pastors et al are all ‘of this World’?
The bible says beware the leaven of the Pharisees and Saduccees - Religious folk!
1StopRudeness:

Re: Christians: Why Did Jesus Promise To Send The ‘spirit Of Truth’? by GodSon34(m): 12:30pm On Jul 14, 2018

You said we have all encountered the Holy Spirit. Which directly contradicts the above verse

1StopRudeness:

Change scripture?? I don't get u
Re: Christians: Why Did Jesus Promise To Send The ‘spirit Of Truth’? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jul 14, 2018
GodSon34:

You said we have all encountered the Holy Spirit. Which directly contradicts the above verse

When I say we, I mean truly born again christains..I thought I was conversing with someone that reads and understand statements as a whole in connection with related parts and not lifting and interpreting skeletal sclices
Re: Christians: Why Did Jesus Promise To Send The ‘spirit Of Truth’? by GodSon34(m): 12:53pm On Jul 14, 2018
Ok I see.
So what does it mean to be truly born again? because it is this same Spirit that testifies to being born again.

1StopRudeness:

When I say we, I mean truly born again christains..I thought I was conversing with someone that reads and understand statements as a whole in connection with related parts and not lifting and interpreting skeletal sclices
Re: Christians: Why Did Jesus Promise To Send The ‘spirit Of Truth’? by PROPHETmichael: 1:23pm On Jul 14, 2018
GodSon34:

The "WORLD" is a term for unbelievers, those who haven't received Christ as their Lord and Saviour. In other words, those who are not born again and the reason they cannot receive the spirit of truth is because in the world, the code is seeing before believing while in the kingdom, we believe before seeing.
Yes, I and billions of others have encountered him. Also, Many times he has tried to reach out to you but you have rejected him.
Re: Christians: Why Did Jesus Promise To Send The ‘spirit Of Truth’? by GodSon34(m): 1:27pm On Jul 14, 2018
So let me understand: Jesus himself promised the spirit of truth; According to the Christian defn of born again (giving your life to Christ) His disciples had already given their life to Him. So they were already born again. So He still promised a spirit to come and teach them and their future generations about all truth?!
Doesn’t make sense to me
PROPHETmichael:

The "WORLD" is a term for unbelievers, those who haven't received Christ as their Lord and Saviour. In other words, those who are not born again and the reason they cannot receive the spirit of truth is because in the world, the code is seeing before believing while in the kingdom, we believe before seeing.
Yes, I and billions of others have encountered him. Also, Many times he has tried to reach out to you but you have rejected him.
Re: Christians: Why Did Jesus Promise To Send The ‘spirit Of Truth’? by GodSon34(m): 1:33pm On Jul 14, 2018
You Christians don’t overstand scripture.

This is my overstanding of the phrase born-again:

Romans 12: 2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

The ‘World’ is much deeper than your understanding...Satan created the World and is the master of the World. Remember the Most High created Heaven and Earth. Not ‘The World’
PROPHETmichael:

Re: Christians: Why Did Jesus Promise To Send The ‘spirit Of Truth’? by PROPHETmichael: 1:40pm On Jul 14, 2018
GodSon34:
So let me understand: Jesus himself promised the spirit of truth; According to the Christian defn of born again (giving your life to Christ) His disciples had already given their life to Him. So they were already born again. So He still promised a spirit to come and teach them and their future generations about all truth?!
Doesn’t make sense to me

Yes, it makes perfect sense and if you read from the beginning of that chapter, you will see why he promised them the spirit of truth.

"My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4 You know the way to the place where I am going.”

The reason was because there was not enough time for him to teach them everything because he was leaving. Hence, the need for the spirit of truth to come and dwell with us and to reveal to us all that Jesus wanted to tell us.
Re: Christians: Why Did Jesus Promise To Send The ‘spirit Of Truth’? by Qpetz: 1:58pm On Jul 14, 2018
Re: Christians: Why Did Jesus Promise To Send The ‘spirit Of Truth’? by GodSon34(m): 2:10pm On Jul 14, 2018
You are correct. The Spirit is the essence of Man and mankind. So within the body indeed. The Spirit is Consciousness. But only seekers of truth (Neo, those that go down that rabbit hole) can see beyond ‘The World’ or ‘Matrix’. Unplugging from the matrix is synonymous to ‘not conforming to the World’. Only then can one see ‘the Light’. But there is one true deity- Most High and a promised annoited one or Christ or Messiah or ‘son of Man’ to come.
Qpetz:

Because this is a matrix of falsehood.

For a spirit to be in this plane, it must be in a body to avoid being distorted by Earth's electromagnetic field.

So, maybe, the person is a human being, with light consciousness. But, you know, this is over 2000 years ago. That person must have died long ago.

What was the question again

tongue
Believe this at your own peril.
Re: Christians: Why Did Jesus Promise To Send The ‘spirit Of Truth’? by Qpetz: 3:31pm On Jul 14, 2018
GodSon34:
You are correct. The Spirit is the essence of Man and mankind. So within the body indeed. The Spirit is Consciousness. But only seekers of truth (Neo, those that go down that rabbit hole) can see beyond ‘The World’ or ‘Matrix’. Unplugging from the matrix is synonymous to ‘not conforming to the World’. Only then can one see ‘the Light’. But there is one true deity- Most High and a promised annoited one or Christ or Messiah or ‘son of Man’ to come.

I'm not correct. I'm just kidding.
Re: Christians: Why Did Jesus Promise To Send The ‘spirit Of Truth’? by Kobojunkie: 7:38pm On Jan 31, 2023
GodSon34:
■John 14: 15If ye love me, keep my commandments.

■So, have you encountered the Spirit of Truth?
1. The Spirit of Truth is the only way a person can accomplish the work which God has for everyone who belongs to Him to do as He is the very same Spirit of Truth who lives inside of Jesus Christ. undecided

2. The Spirit of Truth is subject to Jesus Christ and He always teaches the same truth taught by Jesus Christ in His Gospel about 2000 years ago. undecided
Re: Christians: Why Did Jesus Promise To Send The ‘spirit Of Truth’? by delkuf(m): 9:40pm On Jan 31, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. The Spirit of Truth is the only way a person can accomplish the work which God has for everyone who belongs to Him to do as He is the very same Spirit of Truth who lives inside of Jesus Christ. undecided

2. The Spirit of Truth is subject to Jesus Christ and He always teaches the same truth taught by Jesus Christ in His Gospel about 2000 years ago. undecided
At least you said something today that make sense
Re: Christians: Why Did Jesus Promise To Send The ‘spirit Of Truth’? by Ken4Christ: 10:08pm On Jan 31, 2023
GodSon34:

The Spirit of Truth is the Holy Spirit. Every child of God that is born again is expected to receive him through baptism. The baptism with the Holy Spirit is the privilege for only those who are born again.

I encountered him 1986. And the physical manifestation of his indwelling presence is speaking in tongues.
Re: Christians: Why Did Jesus Promise To Send The ‘spirit Of Truth’? by Kobojunkie: 10:25pm On Jan 31, 2023
delkuf:
At least you said something today that make sense
I know you are struggling to make sense of you and God. Stop pretending your struggle has something to do with me abeg! undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mountain Of Fire OLUKOYA 2019 Prophecies About Who Will Be President / This Carnivorous Plant Is Enough To Change The Mind Of An Atheist / Pastor Dies After Placing Hand On Coronavirus Patients

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.