Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Nairaland Owner’s View On The Nigeria-biafra War - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland Owner’s View On The Nigeria-biafra War (809 Views)

My Renewed Hope Is Gone- Seun Osewa, Nairaland Owner Cry Out / David Jemibewon: When I Remember Biafra War Killings, I’m Still Pained / John Lennon And Wife Protesting British Involvement In Biafra War (Throwback) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Owner’s View On The Nigeria-biafra War by Beremx(f): 7:03pm On Sep 13, 2022
But why bros no talk this one for im forum na?
Bros don turn IPOB member o! grin grin grin

Abeg I am just catching cruise, make dem no ban me o!

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Owner’s View On The Nigeria-biafra War by MufasaLion: 7:04pm On Sep 13, 2022
That's his opinion but however, I don't share same view.

Nobody owe them apology.

6 Likes

Re: Nairaland Owner’s View On The Nigeria-biafra War by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 13, 2022
Wiiiiiiiiiii
Awkward!
Re: Nairaland Owner’s View On The Nigeria-biafra War by derecho(m): 7:06pm On Sep 13, 2022
Kikikiki... History according to Seun Osewa.
Which one be "Tens of thousands"?
I heard millions died
Re: Nairaland Owner’s View On The Nigeria-biafra War by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:08pm On Sep 13, 2022
MufasaLion:

Nobody owe them apology.
That's because You're inconsequential in the scheme of things

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Owner’s View On The Nigeria-biafra War by Humulity: 7:08pm On Sep 13, 2022
The country needs genuine reconciliation to heal the wounds of the past.
And adopt merit and fairness, the only way to be a nation and move forward.
The time to drop the British neocolonialism is now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Owner’s View On The Nigeria-biafra War by Moh247: 7:09pm On Sep 13, 2022
cool

Let's apologize and all learn a crucial lesson

You kill their leader they killed your people... Let's not start what we can't finish

Sarduna , Tafawa Balewa , even Samuel Ladoke Akintola

Now it's Tinubu you have cursed, burnt TVC, insulted, defamed, wished death, burnt hotel continental even his home coming you attacked him

6 Likes

Re: Nairaland Owner’s View On The Nigeria-biafra War by Igbodicool(m): 7:11pm On Sep 13, 2022
The destruction Nigeria wished the Igbo Nation has destroyed it.

Nemesis has dealt with second most terrorized country beautifully.
Igbo don't need their apology, God of vengeance has given it to them from all angles.

God bless Igbo Nation.
Finally, Biafra has happened in my own time!

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Owner’s View On The Nigeria-biafra War by Tonypen247(m): 7:13pm On Sep 13, 2022
Okay
Re: Nairaland Owner’s View On The Nigeria-biafra War by RZArecta(m): 7:15pm On Sep 13, 2022
MufasaLion:

Nobody owe them apology.
you have a right to your insanity just like others have a right to their rationality so kudos cool

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Owner’s View On The Nigeria-biafra War by anungangampu: 7:18pm On Sep 13, 2022
Seun need a professor in US to talk about genocide that happened for 60 fucking years befor he accept there was even an injury against a tribe.
Re: Nairaland Owner’s View On The Nigeria-biafra War by seunmsg(m): 7:18pm On Sep 13, 2022
While the pogrom stand condemned, all Nigerians need to heal and not the igbos alone. I’m still angry over the unnecessary murder of Brigadier Ademulegun. He was killed right inside his bedroom in the presence of his pregnant wife and children by a colleague who used to come eat pounded yam and egusi soup in the same house. I’m still very angry over the murder of Akintola, Col. Banjo and lots of other by Igbo officers.

I’m also sure that northerners are still very angry over the unnecessary murder of Ahmad Bello, Balewa, Maimalari, Col. Pam and others.

What those Igbo officers did in the early hours of 15th January, 1966 destroyed the unity and mutual trust of the country and the camaraderie of the military. We’ve not recovered from it.

Sincere apologies should come from all sides. A sincere and true healing is only possible when we all admit our faults and not try to play smart by excusing the wrongs from one side. They killed a generation of fine military officers and political leaders from other regions and left theirs untouched. Explaining it away as a sin of some few military boys is wrong, disrespectful and annoying to the families and loved ones of those that were murdered.

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nairaland Owner’s View On The Nigeria-biafra War by vanunu: 7:19pm On Sep 13, 2022
derecho:
Kikikiki... History according to Seun Osewa.
Which one be "Tens of thousands"?
I heard millions died

The tens of thousands are more than thirty thousand Igbos mainly women and children that were killed by northern mobs and Nigerian soldiers across Northern before the real war started. So, Seun is right.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Owner’s View On The Nigeria-biafra War by mrvitalis(m): 7:20pm On Sep 13, 2022
That's not even it
Igbos have been massacred in the north from 1945 till the 90s when we put them in their place reason they turned to northern minorities to satisfy their blood thirst

Fulani wants to conquer Nigeria even if that's foolish and impossible but that won't stop them from trying ...they see Igbos as their greatest hindrance to this goal

So they attack Igbos , cleverly getting hausas ,then tivs then ,Nupes and the rest to hate Igbos with their unfounded propagandas ...then they moved to manipulate zik and awolowo to create friction between Igbos n yorubas ...then they raises Adams Boro, spiff , saro wiwa , eyo ita in the south south to go against Igbos ...the effect are what we see today

Igbos are not perfect far from it ...there is a reason why Igbos are hated even if we haven't really massacred anyone like Fulani

The Igbo loud and audacious success hasn't helped instead brought envy more coupled with hate

Most of the people who claim they hate Igbos can't even list any reason they hate Igbos ... ask them boom you start hearing things that makes no sense

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Owner’s View On The Nigeria-biafra War by OfoIgbo: 7:21pm On Sep 13, 2022
Now I expect idiots like Simon Ekpa to jump on this.

This is typical reverse psychology. It's meant to make northerners apprehensive about the prospects of an Igbo president of Nigeria. Nothing more nothing less.

As morbid as it .ay sound, thank God MNK is out of circulation, as this would have been a perfect mumu button event for him to latch on to, and fall into another trap he will drag the whole Igbo nation into.

That's why I keep calling for Anambra leadership in Igbo matters. They can read situations more perfectly than any other Igbo groups.

Shine ya eyes
Re: Nairaland Owner’s View On The Nigeria-biafra War by paramakina202: 7:21pm On Sep 13, 2022
Seun Osewa asking for apology on behalf of Igbos is commendable but I suspect his motives in this election season that he has openly endorsed Tinubu.Ndi Igbo our eyes should be on the ball we shouldn't be distracted.
Re: Nairaland Owner’s View On The Nigeria-biafra War by Asgard73: 7:24pm On Sep 13, 2022
Seun should apologize on behalf of Yoruba people

The war was Nigeria Biafra war..

Not northerners vs igbo war

Why is that Yoruba people will always exempt themselves from that civil war?

Why always refer to 67/70 as north vs igbo

Yoruba people should stop that narratives.. e make them look snakeshi..

Power to the people
North 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Owner’s View On The Nigeria-biafra War by Asgard73: 7:26pm On Sep 13, 2022
OfoIgbo:
Now I expect idiots like Simon Ekpa to jump on this.

This is typical reverse psychology. It's meant to make northerners apprehensive about the concept of an Igbo president of Nigeria. Nothing more nothing less.

That's why I keep calling for Anambra leadership in Igbo matters. They can read situations more perfectly than any other Igbo geoups

Because they’re well informed on Nigeria politcal realities

Reason why they lead igbo nation till date
Re: Nairaland Owner’s View On The Nigeria-biafra War by Racoon(m): 7:29pm On Sep 13, 2022
Ngwaanu! Ndi one Nigeria over to unu.
Re: Nairaland Owner’s View On The Nigeria-biafra War by derecho(m): 7:32pm On Sep 13, 2022
Millions no be tens of thousands.
vanunu:

The tens of thousands are more than thirty thousand Igbos mainly women and children that were killed by northern mobs and Nigerian soldiers across Northern before the real war started. So, Seun is right.
Re: Nairaland Owner’s View On The Nigeria-biafra War by Beremx(f): 7:35pm On Sep 13, 2022
paramakina202:
Seun Osewa asking for apology on behalf of Igbos is commendable but I suspect his motives in this election season that he has openly endorsed Tinubu.Ndi Igbo our eyes should be on the ball we shouldn't be distracted.
Oh he endorsed Tinubu? I thought he is Obidient? Seems he’s politically active on Twitter. Bros seems not to be stable on whom to support.
But why im leave nairaland to talk and become very vocal on Twitter? grin grin
Re: Nairaland Owner’s View On The Nigeria-biafra War by ElSudani: 7:36pm On Sep 13, 2022
How old is Seun by the way? Did he study any history all?
Awolowo went to Enugu to prevail on Ojukwu not to declare war, his remarks later was "the old man was talking platitudes" his exact words.
Nigeria did not declare war on Biafra, it was the other way around.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Owner’s View On The Nigeria-biafra War by Sergio103(m): 7:51pm On Sep 13, 2022
Racoon:
Ngwaanu! Ndi one Nigeria over to unu.

grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland Owner’s View On The Nigeria-biafra War by paramakina202: 7:58pm On Sep 13, 2022
Beremx:
Oh he endorsed Tinubu? I thought he is Obidient? Seems he’s politically active on Twitter. Bros seems not to be stable on whom to support.
But why im leave nairaland to talk and become very vocal on Twitter? grin grin

He isn't Obidient o and of course he knows expressing his political views in Twitter will carry more weight than in nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Owner’s View On The Nigeria-biafra War by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 13, 2022
When will igbo apologize to all the people from old calabar region and nigerdelta people for the war crimes they committed there.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Owner’s View On The Nigeria-biafra War by 1nice(m): 9:16pm On Sep 13, 2022
Seun osewa have spoken well; backing his words with reasons.

The federal government of Nigeria need to apologise to the igbos for taking the lives of more than 3 millions igbos and the Nigeria government need to do the needful by compensating the family of Biafra soldiers who died during the war.
The Nigeria government should give free education to the children in South East for at least 25 years for the sake of the millions of children starve to death in South East during the civil war.
The federal government of Nigeria should set aside two days in a year as holiday to remember the igbos who died during the civil war.

The Nigeria government should negotiate with South East igbos leaders to end tension between igbos and the Nigeria government.

Peace is better than war but if there should be another civil war in Nigeria the igbos will hire millions of war mercenaries from all over the world to fight for them and defend the territory of southeast.

cool
Re: Nairaland Owner’s View On The Nigeria-biafra War by ebufa: 9:40pm On Sep 13, 2022
Moh247:
cool

Let's apologize and all learn a crucial lesson

You kill their leader they killed your people... Let's not start what we can't finish

Sarduna , Tafawa Balewa , even Samuel Ladoke Akintola

Now it's Tinubu you have cursed, burnt TVC, insulted, defamed, wished death, burnt hotel continental even his home coming you attacked him

no be madness dey worry so......e remain make you pull cloth enter street !!
Re: Nairaland Owner’s View On The Nigeria-biafra War by Iliveforever(m): 9:45pm On Sep 13, 2022
MufasaLion:

Nobody owe them apology.

Not everyone is an urchin like you
Re: Nairaland Owner’s View On The Nigeria-biafra War by Throwback: 9:52pm On Sep 13, 2022
When will Igbos apologise to the NigerDelta Republic of the Ijaws that was crushed by Ojukwu and Aguiyi Ironsi?

Others wanted out, you said no and crushed the rebellion with military might.

Only for you to want out within a year after, expecting not to be treated with the same template that Azikiwe had prescribed for any region that threatened Nigeria's unity.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Owner’s View On The Nigeria-biafra War by Spandau: 4:18am On Sep 14, 2022
seunmsg:
While the pogrom stand condemned, all Nigerians need to heal and not the igbos alone. I’m still angry over the unnecessary murder of Brigadier Ademulegun. He was killed right inside his bedroom in the presence of his pregnant wife and children by a colleague who used to come eat pounded yam and egusi soup in the same house. I’m still very angry over the murder of Akintola, Col. Banjo and lots of other by Igbo officers.

I’m also sure that northerners are still very angry over the unnecessary murder of Ahmad Bello, Balewa, Maimalari, Col. Pam and others.

What those Igbo officers did in the early hours of 15th January, 1966 destroyed the unity and mutual trust of the country and the camaraderie of the military. We’ve not recovered from it.

Sincere apologies should come from all sides. A sincere and true healing is only possible when we all admit our faults and not try to play smart by excusing the wrongs from one side. They killed a generation of fine military officers and political leaders from other regions and left theirs untouched. Explaining it away as a sin of some few military boys is wrong, disrespectful and annoying to the families and loved ones of those that were murdered.

You just made me a proud teacher, Kadoso. You learnt well under my tutorage.
Re: Nairaland Owner’s View On The Nigeria-biafra War by AlphaTaikun: 7:21pm On Sep 16, 2022
ElSudani:
How old is Seun by the way? Did he study any history all?

Awolowo went to Enugu to prevail on Ojukwu not to declare war, his remarks later was "the old man was talking platitudes" his exact words.
Nigeria did not declare war on Biafra, it was the other way around.
He is 40 yrs as of 2022. When I originally joined NL in 2005 with an older moniker, Seun was just 23 yrs.

I'm a veteran of Nigerian Civil War history and started reading books on the 2 years and 6 months war from the early 1980s.

Some Ibos were indeed responsible for triggering the Northern pogroms (which led to the death of innocent Ibo folks) through their very stupid utterances and killings of all the Northern military officers including Col. Lagerma a Tiv. This is why the Tivs also took revenge against the Ibos who they saw then as betrayers.

The Nigerian Civil War was also triggered by the Ibos led by Lt. Col Ojukwu(rtd) whose rebels forcibly invaded the lands of over 5 million minority ethnicities of the Ijaws, Efik, Ibibios, Annangs, Ogonis, etc, and forced them into the illegally created biafra, instead of allowing them to have their own 2 States that Rivers leaders led by Chief Harold Dappa-Biriye wanted
General Gowon to create for them and which were created as part of a total of 12 new States on May 27, 1967. The inclusion (without a referendum) of the Eastern minorities in the criminally created biafra led to the Nigerian Civil War in 1967. The minorities also teamed up with Nigeria to push out the Ibo rebels from there lands where secessionist rebels killed many minorities before Federal troops liberated Calabar in October 1967!

1 Share

Re: Nairaland Owner’s View On The Nigeria-biafra War by BATified2023: 7:33pm On Sep 16, 2022
Beremx:
But why bros no talk this one for im forum na?
Bros don turn IPOB member o! grin grin grin

Abeg I am just catching cruise, make dem no ban me o!
he also said this

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peter Obi Hausa Interview With Radio Journalists In Kano. / Obidients Hold Another Solidarity Rally For Peter Obi In Asaba Today / Expel Wike, Nwoko Tells PDP Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.