Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,122 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:39 AM

Gamers Please Come In. - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Gamers Please Come In. (507 Views)

Osun-osogbo P.c Gamers, Please Come In Here. / PC Gamers Please Help With Mk9 And Tomb Raider Exe File / My Fellow Gamers Please Advise A Brother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gamers Please Come In. by KINGSATANREBORN: 10:57pm On Sep 13, 2022
I have this Alienware M15 Gaming PC I use for work and currently I’m in a nomadic mode. I intend to install games like Far Cry 5 in an external SSD.

My questions are:

1 will I have to reinstall on every single time I disconnect and connect the drive?

2 Is it mandatory to be connected to the internet to play.

I’m a total noob when it comes to gaming in general. I’m in a very boring country so I’m exploring possible ways to lighten my mood.
CC: GloriousGbola.
Re: Gamers Please Come In. by Chaos14: 7:01am On Sep 14, 2022
Beanmanx
Re: Gamers Please Come In. by GloriousGbola: 7:08am On Sep 14, 2022
KINGSATANREBORN:
I have this Alienware M15 Gaming PC I use for work and currently I’m in a nomadic mode. I intend to install games like Far Cry 5 in an external SSD.

My questions are:

1 will I have to reinstall on every single time I disconnect and connect the drive?

I’m a total noob when it comes to gaming in general. I’m in a very boring country so I’m exploring possible ways to lighten my mood.

It depends on your preferred gaming platform

Steam
Xbox (pc)
Epic games
Uconnect
GOG
Blizzard
Origin
High seas

The only platforms I can say support offline play with no story are steam, GOG, epic games and piracy

U can use an external drive, however, you must always ensure it is the same drive letter every time you reconnect. Ie if the game drive is d, it must always be d.

The first question is which platform are your games on? For the smoothest experience, I would advise steam.

If you choose to pirate, you can run the games off the external drive with no issues whatsoever.

Pro tip - there is a pirated gog games website. GOG games have zero drm. Only issue is they may not have your preferred games.
Re: Gamers Please Come In. by GloriousGbola: 7:11am On Sep 14, 2022
Quick question - do you know how many drive slots your laptop has? Because it may be simpler to just install a second ssd (I assume it has two drive slots)
Re: Gamers Please Come In. by KINGSATANREBORN: 7:53am On Sep 14, 2022
GloriousGbola:
Quick question - do you know how many drive slots your laptop has? Because it may be simpler to just install a second ssd (I assume it has two drive slots)

I just checked, it has two. I’d just order for a secondary and replace myself.
Re: Gamers Please Come In. by GloriousGbola: 8:02am On Sep 14, 2022
KINGSATANREBORN:
I just checked, it has two. I’d just order for a secondary and replace myself.

Make sure you have the exact spec. I did some googling and it may be m2230 or m2280.

As a true member of PCMR who does more installation than actual gaming, I advise you to go for the biggest drive you can afford. Them 80gb AAAs will fill your hard drive fast.

Note that of you buy games via xbox pc app, you are better off leaving default install settings.

I would not even advise that you install on a work pc because some xbox games DRM can mess with your work apps.

1 Like

Re: Gamers Please Come In. by BeanmanX(m): 8:17am On Sep 14, 2022
KINGSATANREBORN:

My questions are:

Lolx...so this isanother of ur account?.... cheesy
GloriousGbola don't even know that u are the same person trolling him with different accounts... cheesy cheesy

Cc:Chaos14,,, Messi1
Re: Gamers Please Come In. by Messi1: 9:03am On Sep 14, 2022
BeanmanX:
Lolx...so this isanother of ur account?.... cheesy
GloriousGbola don't even know that u are the same person trolling him with different accounts... cheesy cheesy

Cc:Chaos14,,, Messi1
We know satanist the coward keep hiding. We will not let him be. KINGSATANREBORN your mama toto like Abuja Express Way. You dey collect wotowoto as you deserve.
Re: Gamers Please Come In. by Chaos14: 9:05am On Sep 14, 2022
Messi1:
We know satanist the coward keep hiding. We will not let him be. KINGSATANREBORN your mama toto like Abuja Express Way. You dey collect wotowoto as you deserve.
Omo if not i didn't follow this board i wouldn't have seen it
Re: Gamers Please Come In. by BeanmanX(m): 9:13am On Sep 14, 2022
Messi1:
Omo that guy na chameleon he be,,,the same GloriousGbola that he used to troll is the same person that he tagged on this thread....and the guy self don't know that he's the one.. grin grin

Satanist done confuse am... cheesy
Re: Gamers Please Come In. by GloriousGbola: 9:35am On Sep 14, 2022
interesting.

if true, it won't be the first time someone who has trolled me or celebrated my trolling has come from another corner to ask me for advice.

na so we dey see am.
Re: Gamers Please Come In. by KINGSATANREBORN: 10:45am On Sep 14, 2022
GloriousGbola:
interesting.

if true, it won't be the first time someone who has trolled me or celebrated my trolling has come from another corner to ask me for advice.

na so we dey see am.
Yooo mate, I’m not scared to face you squarely if I have to and I’d own up to it. unless you’ve another moniker here, I’ve NEVER and I’ll NEVER see any reason to troll YOU. Worst case scenario is that, you’ll ignore my mention seeking for help. But I’d tell you if I’ve ever done that.

For those retards, they should send me their CV, I can use their service as a virtual assistant so that they can be useful and stop being a “mummy thank ma” adults.
Re: Gamers Please Come In. by BeanmanX(m): 11:03am On Sep 14, 2022
KINGSATANREBORN:
Yooo mate, I’m not scared to face you squarely if I have to and I’d own up to it. unless you’ve another moniker here, I’ve NEVER and I’ll NEVER see any reason to troll YOU. Worst case scenario is that, you’ll ignore my mention seeking for help. But I’d tell you if I’ve ever done that.

For those retards, they should send me their CV, I can use their service as a virtual assistant so that they can be useful and stop being a “mummy thank ma” adults.
Messi1,,, Chaos14 make una come see the coward,,,,him just dey run away from us so that he won't collect wotoporiously...

U never see anything yet Satanist,,, useless and Jobless troll... cheesy cheesy
Re: Gamers Please Come In. by BeanmanX(m): 11:08am On Sep 14, 2022
GloriousGbola:
interesting.

na so we dey see am.
Don't mind the useless troll,,,he uses some accounts to troll people and uses his other accounts to become friends with the same people that he's trolling,,,the guy is mentally deranged and needs help ASAP..cuz I don't know why someone can be this foolish.. undecided
Re: Gamers Please Come In. by Messi1: 11:59am On Sep 14, 2022
Chaos14:
Omo if not i didn't follow this board i wouldn't have seen it
He mentioned you na. GloriousGbola na the same person wey create that thread.
Re: Gamers Please Come In. by Messi1: 12:01pm On Sep 14, 2022
BeanmanX:
Omo that guy na chameleon he be,,,the same GloriousGbola that he used to troll is the same person that he tagged on this thread....and the guy self don't know that he's the one.. grin grin

Satanist done confuse am... cheesy
GloriousGbola is the person that opened this thread.
Re: Gamers Please Come In. by Messi1: 12:03pm On Sep 14, 2022
BeanmanX:
Messi1,,, Chaos14 make una come see the coward,,,,him just dey run away from us so that he won't collect wotoporiously...

U never see anything yet Satanist,,, useless and Jobless troll... cheesy cheesy
na coward him be, no be today.

(1) (Reply)

Best Game / Ps3 Tokunbo Controllers / Hammer Games Is Here!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.