Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,344 members, 7,829,873 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

Surest Way To Solving The Problems Of Electoral Malpractices - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Surest Way To Solving The Problems Of Electoral Malpractices (207 Views)

Why Labour Party Can’t Prove Election Malpractices In Lagos – Robert Clark / Police Remove Ademola Adeleke’s Name From Exam Malpractices Charges / Buhari: I Won’t Tolerate Electoral Malpractices In 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Surest Way To Solving The Problems Of Electoral Malpractices by Aiel123: 7:04am On Sep 14, 2022
Good Day,NL.
I'll be sharing my own opinion on the surest way to curb incidences of "wayo" at the polling unit up to collation centers.
Everyone know free and fair election in Nigeria are fallacies and sugar coated words sung by both electoral body,biased observers and the winning contestants. Even in the most violence troubled election, you will always find the winner alluding to the popular phrase "free and fair"
Down below are my honest solutions I believe will go a long way in restoring sanity to our political process.
1) Massive voters turnout:
If a polling unit registers 400voters and
390 people showed up on election day, inflation of voters will be minimal. Note a 100% voters turnout is never feasible due to foreseen and unforeseen circumstances but if voters turnout is high there's be no inflation.
2)Bvas needs strenghtening:
There are loopholes in the bvas machine that political actors are banking on to rig election results. There's cases of the machines being able to accredite fictitious voters(This causes over voting. Osun as a case study. APC and Oyetola is harping on cases of over voting in over 700 polling unit going by the CTC giving to them by Inec.)
Inec needs to revert back to the template used in Anambra where the machines rejected fictitious votes allocated to Andy Uba owing to massive thumbprinting by a house of representatives candidate ( I have Forgotten his name but I think his LGA is Nnewi)
3) Loyal and patriotic party agents
Here is one of the biggest issues where election is win or lost.
If a party agent becomes another "Judas" the party chances at that polling unit is sabotaged.
One needs patriotic party agents who will be able to resist inducement and skirmishes of any kind at the polling units.
Also note that remuneration plays a huge role . A satisfied agents is more likely to resist temptations than an unsatisfied one.
4) Presence of the armed forces
Security is very important in any successful election. No voting point should be security free to avoid mayhem and possibly manipulation.
Just imagine a thug holding a presiding officer at gunpoint,forcing him to manipulate the bvas machine to increase accreditation?
5) Vigilant and "party agents -like" citizens at the polling units witnessing votes count and collation.
6) Strong party situation room to track election results right from the polling units to the states level.
7) Neutral Inec officials.
The buck solely rest on this people as they can do and undo the process.
I do hope I've communicated well.
You can add yours.

1 Like

Re: Surest Way To Solving The Problems Of Electoral Malpractices by simplyelects: 7:04am On Sep 14, 2022
Hmm
Re: Surest Way To Solving The Problems Of Electoral Malpractices by mayokiri: 7:14am On Sep 14, 2022
Ok
Re: Surest Way To Solving The Problems Of Electoral Malpractices by 10mobile: 7:28am On Sep 14, 2022
Great ideas.

Nlfpmod
Seun
Lalasticlala
Mynd44

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Coordinator South South Pastor Reuben Meets Former NASARAWA State Governo / Atiku Will Do Better Than Tinubu But Peter Obi Is The Best Option. / Police Explains Why Peter Obi Rally Was Disrupted In Ebonyi State As Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.