Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

2023: Atiku Proposes $10bn Economic Stimulus Fund For MSMEs, Unfolds Blueprint - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Atiku Proposes $10bn Economic Stimulus Fund For MSMEs, Unfolds Blueprint (12513 Views)

Tinubu Moves To Clear $10bn Forex Backlog / Nigeria Floors P&ID As UK Court Grants Relief From $10bn Fine / South Africa R500bn Covid 19 Stimulus Fund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Atiku Proposes $10bn Economic Stimulus Fund For MSMEs, Unfolds Blueprint by Kayyy: 9:19am On Sep 14, 2022
So let me get this, after numerous people have complained including amateur and professional politicians that our borrowing is suicidal, most of this aspirants are still seeking to borrow loans ?, 10 billion dollars is about 4.5trillion CBN rate, pls how will small and medium businesses pay these loans back, who will monitor it, what is the timeline to pay back, what would happen if it is not paid back ?, Another wastage on trillions ?, And if you say you're not borrowing where do you want to get the money to rebute the system?, At the end of the day all these people are just saying what people want to hear, there is no plan or program they want to initiate that wouldn't affect most people negatively fir a while before it becomes better over time, if you remove subsidiary it would affect people negatively in the immediate, if you remove government intervention in tertiary education patents would pay more for their children on the immediate , I bet most people don't know that all these removals would affect their pockets in the interim before things probably get better, It is the risk Buhari and has been afraid to take and Godspeed to the president that would do it all, I hope the best for that person and pray the backlash wouldn't be terrible,

now in all this I am not saying we should continue like this and bit face these problems head on , I just saying I hope everybody lamenting now are ready prepared for the outcome of these tough measures in the immediate aftermath.
Re: 2023: Atiku Proposes $10bn Economic Stimulus Fund For MSMEs, Unfolds Blueprint by obaaderemi: 9:31am On Sep 14, 2022
How much?
Re: 2023: Atiku Proposes $10bn Economic Stimulus Fund For MSMEs, Unfolds Blueprint by Enimin: 9:31am On Sep 14, 2022
At least he's talking sense even tho we know it's all lies. Some people's master can only shout about Agbado, cassava, beans and dodo
Re: 2023: Atiku Proposes $10bn Economic Stimulus Fund For MSMEs, Unfolds Blueprint by naijapips04: 9:39am On Sep 14, 2022
ecolime:
Atiku is a smart arse guy but Obi is better across all metrics. He is smarter, younger and in tune with current realities.

I see both going head to head at the Polls with Obi eventually winning.

As for Tinubu, Sowore & others. No comment. They shouldn't even be in the race. Tinubu is aged & unhealthy while Sowore is absolutely clueless.

Stop dreaming. Obi is no match to Atiku in any sense. Obi himself knows this.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Atiku Proposes $10bn Economic Stimulus Fund For MSMEs, Unfolds Blueprint by Felimax(m): 9:44am On Sep 14, 2022
ogascomax:
I know that people will start talking nonsense whenever they heard about privatization of the refinery. The refinery shouldn't have been in the hands of the government in the first place. No government runs refinery but it's only in Nigeria do such happen that is why the system had collapsed. Refineries should be run by private bodies and regulated by the government. Look at how NLNG is functioning today under private bodies. Privatization is the way to go.

You dey mind those dummies?

1 Like

Re: 2023: Atiku Proposes $10bn Economic Stimulus Fund For MSMEs, Unfolds Blueprint by RepoMan007: 9:58am On Sep 14, 2022
Perfectly sensible on paper. Action is everything in governance.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Atiku Proposes $10bn Economic Stimulus Fund For MSMEs, Unfolds Blueprint by PaNnamdi: 10:05am On Sep 14, 2022
ogascomax:
I know that people will start talking nonsense whenever they heard about privatization of the refinery. The refinery shouldn't have been in the hands of the government in the first place. No government runs refinery but it's only in Nigeria do such happen that is why the system had collapsed. Refineries should be run by private bodies and regulated by the government. Look at how NLNG is functioning today under private bodies. Privatization is the way to go.
Oya list developed countries where refineries are been privatised.
Re: 2023: Atiku Proposes $10bn Economic Stimulus Fund For MSMEs, Unfolds Blueprint by Bluntemperor: 10:06am On Sep 14, 2022
Tina00writer:
Alright

Scrap,Scrap, Scrap.PDP is a Nonsense Party
Atiku is not and should not present himself as a credible partyman because he was in that govt of OBJ and up till now we have no electricity!
So,he should stop telling us what he can't do!
It's is the South that should produce the next President as agreed but because of greed!
The Southern leaders should know this and joined Mr Wike to confront the Truth!
God bless Nigeria!
Re: 2023: Atiku Proposes $10bn Economic Stimulus Fund For MSMEs, Unfolds Blueprint by Nobody: 10:09am On Sep 14, 2022
Bluntemperor:

Scrap,Scrap, Scrap.PDP is a Nonsense Party
Atiku is not and should not present himself as a credible partyman because he was in that govt of OBJ and up till now we have no electricity!
So,he should stop telling us what he can't do!
It's is the South that should produce the next President as agreed but because of greed!
The Southern leaders should know this and joined Mr Wike to confront the Truth!
God bless Nigeria!

You are right,Atiku won't be President, neither Tinubu
So we are looking forward to obi

1 Like

Re: 2023: Atiku Proposes $10bn Economic Stimulus Fund For MSMEs, Unfolds Blueprint by ebukamen(m): 10:12am On Sep 14, 2022
He already mapped that much out for stealing?
Re: 2023: Atiku Proposes $10bn Economic Stimulus Fund For MSMEs, Unfolds Blueprint by nnewsnjobs: 10:37am On Sep 14, 2022
Very good plan on paper, the problem is after winning, he will jettison that good plan.

Imagine injecting $10b into SMSE across the country, the multiple effect it will bring will be very visible. But no he won't have the good heart to do that.

Although I still believe Atiku is better than Tinubu.

Obi is the best of them all. But the chances of him winning is still not clear.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Atiku Proposes $10bn Economic Stimulus Fund For MSMEs, Unfolds Blueprint by ncoolsome(m): 10:38am On Sep 14, 2022
Focusmind:
This man keeps making sense with his sound economic policy unlike the two men down south that are fighting themselves. They will keep attacking themselves without knowing when Turaki would take away the presidency from the.

10 billion dollars multiple by 600 naira as exchange rate,now remind me, how much is Nigeria's budget ?...Olodo
Re: 2023: Atiku Proposes $10bn Economic Stimulus Fund For MSMEs, Unfolds Blueprint by humility33(m): 10:38am On Sep 14, 2022
Focusmind:
This man keeps making sense with his sound economic policy unlike the two men down south that are fighting themselves. They will keep attacking themselves without knowing when Turaki would take away the presidency from the.
Bro I am voting Obi but of a truth Atiku has a sound economic policies....
He is more tinted towards restructuring with his policies
Re: 2023: Atiku Proposes $10bn Economic Stimulus Fund For MSMEs, Unfolds Blueprint by Ballo1292(m): 11:11am On Sep 14, 2022
divinehand2003:
•Vows to privatise refineries than utilise $1.55bn to revitalise them 

•Says he will propose legislation to remove electricity from exclusive list 

•Meets Makinde, South-west party leaders today, promises to help PDP win Lagos

Atiku -PDP had come out with his manifestos and program. Let OBI say what he intend to do rather than castigating and derogatorily malign other candidates.

It is evident that he had little or nothing to do to ameliorate the situation on ground.

Awon wereee

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2022/09/14/2023-atiku-proposes-10bn-economic-stimulus-fund-for-msmes-unfolds-blueprint/
Re: 2023: Atiku Proposes $10bn Economic Stimulus Fund For MSMEs, Unfolds Blueprint by SU50: 11:15am On Sep 14, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:
I feel things are about to go south in the country. Stimulus to MSMEs is BS. The country has no data. How do you determine who the MSMEs are? It is going to be the same old corruption.

The major issue in the country is security and power. Atiku runs the generator importation business in Nigeria and he is the ex-custom boss. How can he solve our problems?

There should be a huge investment in the IT sector. The only way out is to engage our youths cos the government cannot provide jobs for these youths now. The agriculturists need assistance. Nigeria needs exports resurrection.

surah 80:19 He created them from a sperm-drop, and ordained their development.
Surah 30:20 And of His Signs is that He created you from dust and behold, you became human beings, and are multiplying around
Surah 56:57 It is We Who created you. Will you not then believe ˹in resurrection˺?
Surah 56:57 We have created you, then why would you not confirm it?

WE created. No, HE created.
We created from sperm. No, WE created from dust.

Are we making any headway? Is this the same God who was straightforward about his acts in the Bible that is twisting and tweaking his own breath?

You wanted to sound smart, but revealed how off you are.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Atiku Proposes $10bn Economic Stimulus Fund For MSMEs, Unfolds Blueprint by SU50: 11:17am On Sep 14, 2022
Atiku is a business man per excellence, well delivered. We wait to hear from the other candidates.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Atiku Proposes $10bn Economic Stimulus Fund For MSMEs, Unfolds Blueprint by Perfectbeing(m): 11:45am On Sep 14, 2022
As much as I don't like Atiku, what he said is the truth. Nigeria need become a full blown capital society that the function of the Government should be to act as a and super tax with over rich and share their wealth to the society.

Peter Obi is good but what he does is talk about all the problems we all know about and quote figures.

My 2023 choice is Tinubu. He is the only one with best track record on how to run an economy.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Atiku Proposes $10bn Economic Stimulus Fund For MSMEs, Unfolds Blueprint by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 14, 2022
Akinsete19:
How will he get the fund?

He is talking like a typical politician saying what is likely not possible.
Yes, you are very correct. However, there are various ways government can source for finance aside debt financing. Like, international trade, FDI and other private flows (from businesses and individuals), international financial and technical cooperation.

If these plans he mentioned are rightly implemented, certainly the Nation's economy will be able to repay the debt without additional borrowings. But the question is, "politicians" as you rightly said, are not to be trusted. These are all political gimmicks; a speech composed and written by a professional writer/academician, who may even lack the technicality to implement his/her writeup.

Do we really have any politician to be trusted in Nigeria? Nope! Perhaps Obi, amongst the frontrunners, owing to some discreet reasons best known some Nigeria hypocritical leaders in the past, who are now willing to right the wrong; the major reason they are supporting him undertone.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Atiku Proposes $10bn Economic Stimulus Fund For MSMEs, Unfolds Blueprint by omoyankee3(m): 12:26pm On Sep 14, 2022
Big lie. With all of Nigerian's debt and dwindling revenue where will he see $10 billion? Atiku just dropping figures anyhow...no be only $10billion, he for say a $10 trillion
Re: 2023: Atiku Proposes $10bn Economic Stimulus Fund For MSMEs, Unfolds Blueprint by adioolayi(m): 12:48pm On Sep 14, 2022
Promises to help PDP win Lagos...with Jandor on the Ballot

Mr Atiku...focus on your Presidential ambitions and leave Lagos alone...you have heavy load to carry already...no add something that will completely slow you down grin cheesy
Re: 2023: Atiku Proposes $10bn Economic Stimulus Fund For MSMEs, Unfolds Blueprint by uchennaq(m): 12:55pm On Sep 14, 2022
Weapon smuggler... We don see Atiku finish..
Re: 2023: Atiku Proposes $10bn Economic Stimulus Fund For MSMEs, Unfolds Blueprint by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 14, 2022
Perfectbeing:
As much as I don't like Atiku, what he said is the truth. Nigeria need become a full blown capital society that the function of the Government should be to act as a and super tax with over rich and share their wealth to the society.

Peter Obi is good but what he does is talk about all the problems we all know about and quote figures.

My 2023 choice is Tinubu. He is the only one with best track record on how to run an economy.
My dear what you have just said is true. The three frontrunners are good and okay as president of the country. However, they all have their shortfalls, weaknesses and limitations belligerently against them; same way they have their strength.

Atiku is a good choice, but he's so desperate and corrupt. His greed and desperation did not allowed him to speak the truth when he new vividly that it is the turn of the south to produce the next president of Nigeria. His actions towards the deletion of his tweets over Deborah's death in Sokoto, and his present stand of his refusal to asked Ayu to step down as the PDP national chairman speaks of how desperate he can be. This desperation and half-truth may not allowed him to set his priorities right, if given the chance.

As for Tinubu, TBT, his limitations are numerous. He's old and sick, he looks pale and dementia—going by his recent look, comments and actions. He's highly corrupt, and intelligent to the extent of not being caught. How he'd been able to drilled a hole in Lagos State treasury remain a misery to law enforcement agencies in Nigeria—a person who has been out of government since 2017, with no known company or investment, other than TVC. Every company or investment traced to him, he denied. Also, his family, education background and wealth are questionable. Majority of his allies and godsons are very corrupt like him, and are ready to devour the remains of Nigeria; which is basically the reason they are ready to die, to ensure he wins.

Obi on his part, may not have been on the country's corruption spotlight as compared to the two others. He's however not left out, as the issue of Pandora, which he never denied, but gave a clumsy explanation, remain undefined to the understanding of every Nigerian. Aside that, we have not heard of any other. But going by his personal and administrative attributes, he seems to be the better option among the three. Also, remember that, as it stands, Obi has no godfather that he's answerable to, in the event he wins.

Conclusively, from my perspective, I think Obi, or all other candidates (not Atiku and Tinubu) should be well "x-rayed" for who to be considered as the third force. My cent

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Atiku Proposes $10bn Economic Stimulus Fund For MSMEs, Unfolds Blueprint by Sixfiguresmart(m): 1:38pm On Sep 14, 2022
Who cares about sounding smart? How much did you pay for consultation? Did I pay my school fees to serve you knowledge for free? I am not here to impress you, my goal was simply to sandwich my message in the comment. Mission accomplished. Who is here to save your sinking ship?
SU50:

You wanted to sound smart, but revealed how off you are.
Re: 2023: Atiku Proposes $10bn Economic Stimulus Fund For MSMEs, Unfolds Blueprint by Anndrew(m): 1:54pm On Sep 14, 2022
When it comes to economy...Give it to Peter obi and atiku..the other one don't no shit...
Re: 2023: Atiku Proposes $10bn Economic Stimulus Fund For MSMEs, Unfolds Blueprint by kafeii123: 2:28pm On Sep 14, 2022
CBN has been printing money unchecked for rice farmers in yobe and co since almost five years or.more.now....didnt change anything... how's your 10bn USD supposed to achieve anything different
Re: 2023: Atiku Proposes $10bn Economic Stimulus Fund For MSMEs, Unfolds Blueprint by Perfectbeing(m): 2:29pm On Sep 14, 2022
imadiyi:

My dear what you have just said is true. The three frontrunners are good and okay as president of the country. However, they all have their shortfalls, weakness and limitations belligerently against them; same way they have their strength.

Atiku is a good choice, but he's so desperate and corrupt. His greed and desperation did not allowed him to speak the truth when he new vividly that it is the turn of the south to produce the next president of Nigeria. His actions towards the deletion of his tweets over Deborah's death in Sokoto, and his present stand of his refusal to asked Ayu to step down as the PDP national chairman speaks of how desperate he can be. This desperation and half-truth may not allowed him to set his priorities right, if given the chance.

As for Tinubu, TBT, his limitations are numerous. He's old and sick, he looks pale and dementia—going by his recent look, comments and actions. He's highly corrupt, and intelligent to the extent of not being caught. How he'd been able to drilled a hole in Lagos State treasury remain a misery to law enforcement agencies in Nigeria—a person who has been out of government since 2017, with no known company or investment, other than TVC. Every company or investment traced to him, he denied. Also, his family, education background and wealth are questionable. Majority of his allies and godsons are very corrupt like him, and are ready to devour the remains of Nigeria; which is basically the reason they are ready to die, to ensure he wins.

Obi on his part, may not have been on the country's corruption spotlight as compared to the two others. He's however not left out, as the issue of Pandora, which he never denied, but gave a clumsy explanation, remain undefined to the understanding of every Nigerian. Aside that, we have not heard of any other. But going by his personal and administrative attributes, he seems to be the better option among the three. Also, remember that, as it stands, Obi has no godfather that he's answerable to, in the event he wins.

Conclusively, from my perspective, I think Obi, or all other candidates (not Atiku and Tinubu) should be well "x-rayed" for who to be considered as the third force. My cent
Well, we can agree to disagree.
Tinubu's track record, in my opinion, nullifies all his flaws and weaknesses.
Re: 2023: Atiku Proposes $10bn Economic Stimulus Fund For MSMEs, Unfolds Blueprint by ogatboy(m): 2:50pm On Sep 14, 2022
PJ123:

You're perfectly wrong; if itsy about Finance and economics, Atiku knows better than Obi.
However, his insincerity and intergrity is issue of concern not the knowledge of finance and economics.
Forget, if it's about knowledge, Obi is away behind the Atiku.

Very funny. Someone ran three successful bank, does import and export trade, oversaw the economy of a state and Atiku that has never managed any local government knows more about economics and finance. You people just funny.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Atiku Proposes $10bn Economic Stimulus Fund For MSMEs, Unfolds Blueprint by ogatboy(m): 2:51pm On Sep 14, 2022
Perfectbeing:
Well, we can agree to disagree.
Tinubu's track record, in my opinion, nullifies all his flaws and weaknesses.

Track record in what? selling drugs or drawing blue print? What of the blue print he drew for Buhari?
Re: 2023: Atiku Proposes $10bn Economic Stimulus Fund For MSMEs, Unfolds Blueprint by ogatboy(m): 2:52pm On Sep 14, 2022
Anndrew:
When it comes to economy...Give it to Peter obi and atiku..the other one don't no shit...

I do not believe Atiku knows about economy. He would for sure new a strong economist, one in the realm of Okonjo Iwela or Peter Obi
Re: 2023: Atiku Proposes $10bn Economic Stimulus Fund For MSMEs, Unfolds Blueprint by Perfectbeing(m): 2:54pm On Sep 14, 2022
ogatboy:

Track record in what? selling drugs or drawing blue print? What of the blue print he drew for Buhari?
K
Re: 2023: Atiku Proposes $10bn Economic Stimulus Fund For MSMEs, Unfolds Blueprint by ogatboy(m): 2:55pm On Sep 14, 2022
But just think of it, up until the time of Jonathan, only competent people got ministerial nomination. Bright minds like Okonjo in Finance, Adesina in Agriculture, Dora Akunyili overseeing NAFDAC or even as minister of information.

Buhari came and just made everything about settling politician and Tinubu wants to continue; May God deliver Nigeia from the hands of wicked and useless leaders.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Atiku Proposes $10bn Economic Stimulus Fund For MSMEs, Unfolds Blueprint by Burruchaga71(m): 3:02pm On Sep 14, 2022
Oga Atiku, stop dreaming. u can never govern this country...
Intelligent and educated people can not only be found in the Minority Fulani's tribes. We've done with fulani's.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Betta Edu Should Resign For ‘Betraying Nigerians’ Confidence’ — Falana / Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ / Anambra Election: Osita Chidoka Of UPP Cast His Vote.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.