Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,933 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

What Will Happen If I Put A Jet Fuel In A Car? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Will Happen If I Put A Jet Fuel In A Car? (1168 Views)

What Is The Average Price You Spent On Fuel In A Day? / This Is What Bad Fuel Will Do To Your Car: 7 Effects Of Bad Fuel In Your Car / Fuel Scarcity: What Is The Situation, How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel In Your Area? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will Happen If I Put A Jet Fuel In A Car? by perfectbuy(m): 5:51pm On Sep 14, 2022
The Hollywood blockbuster "Fast n Furious" has made the concept of putting a jet fuel in a car very popular among car enthusiasts. Turns out some people out of curiosity are trying to up the ante by putting jet fuel in their vehicles in an effort to create a huge explosion within the car engine to trigger enormous horsepower. While this might seem like a fun and terrifying thing to do, is it actually safe? And will this damage the engine of the car? In this article, we'll tell you what you need to know about this and what will be the outcome of doing this.

Please follow the link below to read more:
https://www.spotdem.com/2022/09/14/what-will-happen-if-i-put-a-jet-fuel-in-a-car/

Re: What Will Happen If I Put A Jet Fuel In A Car? by immortalcrown(m): 5:54pm On Sep 14, 2022
The sky will be your limit when you do it to your car. This is what will happen.

7 Likes

Re: What Will Happen If I Put A Jet Fuel In A Car? by nymphomaniac(m): 5:57pm On Sep 14, 2022
Someone should copy the details and paste here please.

Thank you
Re: What Will Happen If I Put A Jet Fuel In A Car? by rtdCivilservant: 6:30pm On Sep 14, 2022
nymphomaniac:
Someone should copy the details and paste here please.

Thank you
OK. See below
The Hollywood blockbuster “Fast n Furious” has made the concept of putting a jet fuel in a car very popular among car enthusiasts. Turns out some people out of curiosity are trying to up the ante by putting jet fuel in their vehicles in an effort to create a huge explosion within the car engine to trigger enormous horsepower. While this might seem like a fun and terrifying thing to do, is it actually safe? And will this damage the engine of the car? In this article, we’ll tell you what you need to know about this and what will be the outcome of doing this.

What is jet fuel?
Jet fuel is a highly volatile and dangerous substance that derives its energy from the combustion of jets engines. It consists mainly of hydrocarbons made up of molecules with sizes ranging from one atom to hundreds, and typically contains 15-25 percent oxygen by weight. When burned in an engine, these hydrocarbons create heat, carbon dioxide, water vapor (H2O), and nitrogen oxide (NOx).

Why would someone put jet fuel in their car?
Some people may be curious about this trend because it seems like something that could result in a huge explosion and increase the power of their car. However, this is not actually safe or practical to do. Theoretically speaking, if you put jet fuel in your engine it could cause an enormous explosion that would trigger massive amounts of horsepower. However, this is highly unlikely to happen and could potentially damage the engine itself in the process. In fact, according to reports by The Telegraph, some have even ended up with severely damaged engines after attempting this stunt without properly understanding how risky it was.

What will be the outcome?
If you decide to try putting jet fuel in your car engine, it’s important to be aware of how dangerous this can be. This can potentially damage your car and can even be fatal. In addition, if you don’t understand the chemistry behind jet fuel or combustion of jet fuel, do not try this.
Re: What Will Happen If I Put A Jet Fuel In A Car? by nymphomaniac(m): 6:34pm On Sep 14, 2022
rtdCivilservant:

OK. See below
The Hollywood blockbuster “Fast n Furious” has made the concept of putting a jet fuel in a car very popular among car enthusiasts. Turns out some people out of curiosity are trying to up the ante by putting jet fuel in their vehicles in an effort to create a huge explosion within the car engine to trigger enormous horsepower. While this might seem like a fun and terrifying thing to do, is it actually safe? And will this damage the engine of the car? In this article, we’ll tell you what you need to know about this and what will be the outcome of doing this.

What is jet fuel?
Jet fuel is a highly volatile and dangerous substance that derives its energy from the combustion of jets engines. It consists mainly of hydrocarbons made up of molecules with sizes ranging from one atom to hundreds, and typically contains 15-25 percent oxygen by weight. When burned in an engine, these hydrocarbons create heat, carbon dioxide, water vapor (H2O), and nitrogen oxide (NOx).

Why would someone put jet fuel in their car?
Some people may be curious about this trend because it seems like something that could result in a huge explosion and increase the power of their car. However, this is not actually safe or practical to do. Theoretically speaking, if you put jet fuel in your engine it could cause an enormous explosion that would trigger massive amounts of horsepower. However, this is highly unlikely to happen and could potentially damage the engine itself in the process. In fact, according to reports by The Telegraph, some have even ended up with severely damaged engines after attempting this stunt without properly understanding how risky it was.

What will be the outcome?
If you decide to try putting jet fuel in your car engine, it’s important to be aware of how dangerous this can be. This can potentially damage your car and can even be fatal. In addition, if you don’t understand the chemistry behind jet fuel or combustion of jet fuel, do not try this.

Thank you.
Re: What Will Happen If I Put A Jet Fuel In A Car? by iHateFraudsters: 6:35pm On Sep 14, 2022
immortalcrown:
The sky will be your limit when you do it to your car. This is what will happen.

The sky will literally be his limit.

Funny.

Anyway, OP, first of all, petrol (or diesel) engines cannot process jet fuel.

So, your car will not start and you'll end up buying a new fuel injector, fuel pump and (in worst case scenario) a new engine.

The upside is that die to the scarcity of jet fuel in Nigerian airports, you will be contacted by airlines to supply them.

That way, you'll make enough money to buy a new engine for your old car.

Or even buy a new car.

So, it's a win win situation.

3 Likes

Re: What Will Happen If I Put A Jet Fuel In A Car? by drmuchin: 3:18am On Sep 15, 2022
The car would literally turn to AIR FORCE ZERO

iHateFraudsters:

The sky will literally be his limit.

Funny.

Anyway, OP, first of all, petrol (or diesel) engines cannot process jet fuel.

So, your car will not start and you'll end up buying a new fuel injector, fuel pump and (in worst case scenario) a new engine.

The upside is that die to the scarcity of jet fuel in Nigerian airports, you will be contacted by airlines to supply them.

That way, you'll make enough money to buy a new engine for your old car.

Or even buy a new car.

So, it's a win win situation.
Re: What Will Happen If I Put A Jet Fuel In A Car? by Prevailing: 9:05pm On Sep 20, 2022
Liquid fuel does not burn, it the vapors that burns. Jet fuel/kerosene is much less volatile than gasoline, and would require more fuel heating before it ignite. Jet fuel might not ignite a petrol engine, but will ignite a diesel engine.

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If I Put A Jet Fuel In A Car? by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:31am On Sep 21, 2022
Jet fuel is literally a worse fuel than petrol. Less volatile, higher ignition point, lower energy density.
Re: What Will Happen If I Put A Jet Fuel In A Car? by sexyto(m): 3:45pm On Sep 21, 2022
A jet fuel is a kind of kerosene and is dense than petrol, I doubt your engine will start.

(1) (Reply)

Where Can One Plastidip In Nigeria? / Range Rover Or Nissan QX56 Or Nissan Armada / Toyota Avensis 1999 Or Camry 1999

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.