Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,037 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Asian Crew Killed 2 Stowaway Nigerians On Japanese Ship, Threw Some Into Sea - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Asian Crew Killed 2 Stowaway Nigerians On Japanese Ship, Threw Some Into Sea (65767 Views)

Deceased Stowaway Discovered On KLM Flight From Lagos (photo) / The Moment Air Niugini Plane Crashed Into Sea In Micronesia, Papua New Guinea / 2 Huge Ships Collide In Karachi Port Pakistan, Sending 21 Containers Into Sea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Asian Crew Killed 2 Stowaway Nigerians On Japanese Ship, Threw Some Into Sea by AFONJAPIG(m): 11:00am On Sep 15, 2022
Maybe these one's was part of the group oshomohole deceived with 5k to vote for baba in 2019.. they should've waited to correct their blunder in 2023 before they japa... send them back and arm them with vpc we are going to take back Nigeria
Re: Asian Crew Killed 2 Stowaway Nigerians On Japanese Ship, Threw Some Into Sea by Tegabadguy(m): 11:07am On Sep 15, 2022
Re: Asian Crew Killed 2 Stowaway Nigerians On Japanese Ship, Threw Some Into Sea by EKONGKING: 11:24am On Sep 15, 2022
maasoap:

And they started misbehaving just one mile to the shore?
If they started misbehaving as you think, was killing them the right thing to do? I don't know why some of you like to justify criminal acts and always find a way to put the blame on the victims. It's clearly a wrong mindset to have.

Where did I say killing is justified.
As I said ,there is more to it than what stowaways are
Saying , let they be a independent investigation
Re: Asian Crew Killed 2 Stowaway Nigerians On Japanese Ship, Threw Some Into Sea by kelly72: 11:48am On Sep 15, 2022
EKONGKING:
May be they started misbehaving with the crew or why would the crew who treated them well for 2 days would turn hostile on the 3rd day.
if the crew wanted to kill them they would have done in high sea rather than coming within a mile of liberia coast .
There is more to this story than being said.

Imagine that the crew had to suddenly start feeding 14 people they did not have supplies for. And when they arrive Japan, they have to explain why they didn't disembark the stowaways along the way.

It is too dangerous to try to Escape Buhari this way.
Re: Asian Crew Killed 2 Stowaway Nigerians On Japanese Ship, Threw Some Into Sea by King44(m): 11:50am On Sep 15, 2022
tunwumi:

When you board a ship illegally you are declared a pirate. What is the rule for pirates?
na death o
Re: Asian Crew Killed 2 Stowaway Nigerians On Japanese Ship, Threw Some Into Sea by planetx: 11:50am On Sep 15, 2022
Even if they get to Japan what kind of greener pasture are they going to get in a country like Japan, not saying the country is poor but it is not migrant friendly.
Re: Asian Crew Killed 2 Stowaway Nigerians On Japanese Ship, Threw Some Into Sea by planetx: 11:53am On Sep 15, 2022
Joeadamxx:
If the ship was bound directly for Japan from Nigeria, what then was it doing in Liberian water? Liberia was west of Nigeria. To go to Japan, it should have headed south, rounding the cape to head to Asia. Except if she was planned to go to Europe first, then through the Suez Canal!
No sir it was going the right way through the Panama canal to Japan.
Re: Asian Crew Killed 2 Stowaway Nigerians On Japanese Ship, Threw Some Into Sea by seangy4konji: 12:56pm On Sep 15, 2022
This should be looked into if true and embargo or sanctions against they country that did such to Nigerian citizens...

Human right permits stow away to be returned to their host country or granted refugeee status while they appear in court for the crime of stowing away...

If they endagered any personal on the so ship they they have a right to plead their case in court..not to be dumped in the sea like bread and akara.

Justice for them or that vessel should not sail towards our shores again...

their embassy should release a statement if through.
Re: Asian Crew Killed 2 Stowaway Nigerians On Japanese Ship, Threw Some Into Sea by holatin(m): 1:06pm On Sep 15, 2022
maasoap:

Whose rule made by who?
sailors crew
Re: Asian Crew Killed 2 Stowaway Nigerians On Japanese Ship, Threw Some Into Sea by holatin(m): 1:07pm On Sep 15, 2022
nesphil:
That's not the rule, don't say what you don't know;
the killings of stowaways are a violation of the IMO guidelines for the unwanted person onboard-Stowaway, and this attracts a serious penalty.
See https://www.marineinsight.com/maritime-law/imo-guidelines-for-the-unwanted-person-onboard-stowaway/

The ship master should have followed the IMO guidelines on stowaways accordingly till those stowaways are successfully deported back to their country of origin.

okay. a ship crew told me that when I saw and enter a ship for the first time. he notice my interest and fascination about the ship
Re: Asian Crew Killed 2 Stowaway Nigerians On Japanese Ship, Threw Some Into Sea by holatin(m): 1:07pm On Sep 15, 2022
Captain001:

There is no such rule that mandates crew to kill stowaways. The right thing to do is to keep them safe onboard and hand them over to authorities at the nearest port.
I didn't say it's a written rule. just something they do to punish people. throw overboard
Re: Asian Crew Killed 2 Stowaway Nigerians On Japanese Ship, Threw Some Into Sea by holatin(m): 1:08pm On Sep 15, 2022
aikyg:

That is not the rule. You have nor light to kill an unarmed stowaway. The crew will be arrested when they get to Japan, once the the case is reported.
not condoning it...just that that's what they do.
Re: Asian Crew Killed 2 Stowaway Nigerians On Japanese Ship, Threw Some Into Sea by holatin(m): 1:10pm On Sep 15, 2022
King44:
is it allowed to throw stowaways overboard?
not right but that's what they do. someone on a boat told me to deter me from even thinking it

1 Like

Re: Asian Crew Killed 2 Stowaway Nigerians On Japanese Ship, Threw Some Into Sea by holatin(m): 1:11pm On Sep 15, 2022
Zico777:

Lies
you didn't even ask why I say such before u say lies. a crew member told me this in 2010. a freight ship in apapa
Re: Asian Crew Killed 2 Stowaway Nigerians On Japanese Ship, Threw Some Into Sea by Shormiey(m): 1:45pm On Sep 15, 2022
Acidosis:

You don't have a choice. You have to like them. Your phone was produced by a Chinese man.
Who give a Bleep about it?
Re: Asian Crew Killed 2 Stowaway Nigerians On Japanese Ship, Threw Some Into Sea by OwoukoUrua(m): 1:48pm On Sep 15, 2022
14 able-bodied youths without an iota of sense

Pitiful
Re: Asian Crew Killed 2 Stowaway Nigerians On Japanese Ship, Threw Some Into Sea by yad2eidi: 2:02pm On Sep 15, 2022
cococandy:
sewer rat
toilet toto
Re: Asian Crew Killed 2 Stowaway Nigerians On Japanese Ship, Threw Some Into Sea by Ayo8(m): 2:54pm On Sep 15, 2022
holatin:
that's the rule of stowaway on ship.

don't do it

What rule are you talking about??
The master and crew of that vessel will go to jail! You don’t kill stowaways…
Re: Asian Crew Killed 2 Stowaway Nigerians On Japanese Ship, Threw Some Into Sea by Sleekfingers: 4:36pm On Sep 15, 2022
Good.
I don't pity fools......
Re: Asian Crew Killed 2 Stowaway Nigerians On Japanese Ship, Threw Some Into Sea by Wwwq: 4:41pm On Sep 15, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Asian Crew Killed 2 Stowaway Nigerians On Japanese Ship, Threw Some Into Sea by Litmus: 4:56pm On Sep 15, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
The message is clear: No monkeys in Japan.

Whether monkey or not, Nigerians on here should be asking for the identity of the ship. According to the report, the ship departed from Nigeria. There should be records.

Relevant Nigeria authorities should contact the so called "Nigerians" that made it on shore Liberia. These individuals need to provide written statements and thire nationalities need to be ascertained with the aim of fact finding in lieu of filing charges against the Ship's owners and crew if necessary.
Re: Asian Crew Killed 2 Stowaway Nigerians On Japanese Ship, Threw Some Into Sea by Litmus: 5:02pm On Sep 15, 2022
Find and read the following:

Kingsley Ofosu
Article Talk
Language
Download PDF
Watch
Edit
Kingsley Ofosu (born 1970) is a Ghanaian who made international news in 1992, when he survived the slaughter of a group of African stowaways by the crew of the Bahamian-flagged cargo ship MC Ruby. In all, eight men were killed, including Ofosu's brother. Ofosu was the only survivor.

Ofosu's ordeal was dramatized in the 1996 feature film Deadly Voyage, produced by Union Pictures for distribution to the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) and Home Box Office (HBO). The film starred Omar Epps as Ofosu.

Those responsible were prosecuted and the ship company had to pay fines, I think.
Re: Asian Crew Killed 2 Stowaway Nigerians On Japanese Ship, Threw Some Into Sea by Rugaria: 6:04pm On Sep 15, 2022
alabo1:

I find it so sad that even Asians such as Filipinos and co can look down on a Nigerian today. When I was growing up Indians and parkistani flocked to this country as immigrants (teachers and artisans (bakers etc). We Nigerians up to the 80s saw ourselves as superior. As for Filipinos and co they did not count. In fact their degrees where not accepted here. The same went for most Eastern European countries. Unfortunately today we are regarded as less than animals.

There was a country
In Asia, for instance in China, Nigerians employ philipinos and co in their businesses. But in Nigeria where we come from, the same philipinos are regarded as superiors. Indians and Lebanese are treated as the "superior whites" in this country. Have lived in China for some years, and I can tell you that Chinese nationals "fear" the black man more in his country than they do in Nigeria. The police in Nigeria will even help them to intimidate you in your own country.

2 Likes

Re: Asian Crew Killed 2 Stowaway Nigerians On Japanese Ship, Threw Some Into Sea by Rugaria: 6:12pm On Sep 15, 2022
JohnOkolo:

You made no point here cause you seem to forget the government is made up of the collective people.

All our civil servants and contractors ripping the country from bloated contracts and so on are there elected officials.

Go and find excuses for failure, but what you will find is excuses never leave the side of a stupid and worthless being.

I just gave you the facts and not excuses. I don't know whether it's the frustrations or lack of opportunities in this country that make some of you reach this whimsical conclusion that the black mans problem is a product of his blackness. It's a mark of illiteracy and ignorance to pin the problems of any society on the color of the people there. If you're talking about cultural decadence, I may see your point. But simply suggesting that blacks fail because they are black is a very unintelligent conclusion to make. You confused lot bemuse me..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Asian Crew Killed 2 Stowaway Nigerians On Japanese Ship, Threw Some Into Sea by Litmus: 6:34pm On Sep 15, 2022
Nairaland is relatively corrupt as any institution. Without cease, Nairaland empowers its local influencers to trivialise international crimes against Nigerians by positioning arguments that are primarily about human-rights violations and law and order to ones centred on party politics, even to the extent of encouraging and stoking ethnic divisions, lies and fabrications to achieve this end. In addition to Nairaland's own corruption, is a dimension, which borders on an inhumane callousness and disregard for all historically arrived at progressive principles. This should frighten ordinary Nigerians.
Re: Asian Crew Killed 2 Stowaway Nigerians On Japanese Ship, Threw Some Into Sea by Zico777(m): 8:25pm On Sep 15, 2022
holatin:
you didn't even ask why I say such before u say lies. a crew member told me this in 2010. a freight ship in apapa
No doubt stowaway can put the crew of a ship into big problems.
Once they are discovered on a ship they are expected to be treated humanly and then handed over to the authorities.

1 Like

Re: Asian Crew Killed 2 Stowaway Nigerians On Japanese Ship, Threw Some Into Sea by Mikkyjay17(m): 10:20pm On Sep 15, 2022
OmoNla99:
Deadly voyage came to my mind.

You've got me finally.
My scrolling ended soon I found your comment

The name of the movie hopped on my mind before I opened the thread.

1 Like

Re: Asian Crew Killed 2 Stowaway Nigerians On Japanese Ship, Threw Some Into Sea by Nobody: 1:04am On Sep 16, 2022
koolaid87:
Truly truly afrikans are the real Israelites as we fulfilled all the prophecies in the bible
Not all Africans. True Hebrews are despised in the evil World because of being God's people.

1 Like

Re: Asian Crew Killed 2 Stowaway Nigerians On Japanese Ship, Threw Some Into Sea by Sammy101111(m): 6:54am On Sep 16, 2022
My uncle told me is true life story trying to go to Europe through this process they caught them on board on the ship they where naked and treated like slave on the ship . And the ship master throw them on the ocean one by one but my uncle was a fisher man then he escaped he came back home now my uncle na mechanic with big work shop . He even sustained injury affecting is leg ( if I had money enough the way I want a film need to shoot name ( stowaway from Nigeria ) to teach uneducated people about traveling illegally some don’t know traveling illegally in some country na 20years in prison if caught on stowaway

So many story to share
A female friend of mine went to Mali by road she was sold and push and used as sex trafficking for 1 year before she was freed and allow to come home
Re: Asian Crew Killed 2 Stowaway Nigerians On Japanese Ship, Threw Some Into Sea by Nobody: 6:56am On Sep 16, 2022
Sammy101111:
My uncle told me is true life story trying to go to Europe through this process they caught them on board on the ship they where naked and treated like slave on the ship . And the ship master throw them on the ocean one by one but my uncle was a fisher man then he escaped he came back home now my uncle na mechanic with big work shop . He even sustained injury affecting is leg ( if I had money enough the way I want a film need to shoot name ( stowaway from Nigeria ) to teach in educated people about traveling illegally some don’t know traveling illegally in some country na 20years in prison if caught on stowaway
I once watched a clip on that and it made me cry so much
Re: Asian Crew Killed 2 Stowaway Nigerians On Japanese Ship, Threw Some Into Sea by Sammy101111(m): 7:27am On Sep 16, 2022
Rozross:
I once watched a clip on that and it made me cry so much

They should do movie about it so people can learn some people don’t know traveling illegally is a crime yet they believe there is freedom to movement any how
Re: Asian Crew Killed 2 Stowaway Nigerians On Japanese Ship, Threw Some Into Sea by Nobody: 7:28am On Sep 16, 2022
Sammy101111:

They should do movie about it so people can learn some people don’t know traveling illegally is a crime yet they believe there is freedom to movement any how
Even right now people are still going that route as a quick way to leave the country only to end up been wasted, it’s very sad

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Kazakhstan Air Astana's Aircraft That Is Painted To Look Like A Snow Leopard / MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali / Little Girl Found Lost And Drifting At Sea By A Cruise Boat (pics/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.